The STG Hall of Records [CLOSED]

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
chum

Re: The STG Hall of Records

Post by chum »

NTSC-J wrote:Do other people agree?
I agree, it would simplify the distinction.
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

How many "Western" scores here aren't from this forum anyway?
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

moozooh wrote:How many "Western" scores here aren't from this forum anyway?
Around a dozen or so.

If there aren't any objections in the next day or so to just listing the shmups forum scores I'll go ahead and comb through the records and update everything. Might be a few days before it's all in order.
Gus

Post by Gus »

Off hand these would have to be lowered

Deathsmiles no canyon
Muchi Muchi Pork 1-ALL
Pink Sweets Extended
Pink Sweets Normal

To restore the balance I propose we get WC and IO to come here and post their monster scores.
Paradigm
Banned User

Post by Paradigm »

Personally I'd prefer it to be kept as is, since scores would have to be lowered. I want to see what the best Western scores are regardless of where they're taken from.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Just change the name from Western to Non-Japanese or something. Don't remove scores, that's just dumb.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

I'm not opposed to having a forum-exclusive list, but I'd still prefer those other scores to be kept somewhere. *shrug*
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
Naut

Post by Naut »

It's really the rejecting scores that bothered me. Why were we rejecting x91's Ketsui scores? He's an active member of this community and quite honestly I'm honored a player of his caliber considers this forum us as a worthy place to participate. So why reject him? Because he's born somewhere different? That's a massive dick move and fucking retarded. The main reason I'd want the scores to be forum exclusive is that there's a clear distinction between what scores should be counted and what scores shouldn't. We'll be honoring players of any skill level as long as they view our scoreboard as a place they want to participate in. What if a Japanese player takes an interest in this forum and starts participating regularly? Are you really going to reject his scores because he's born in a different country from us? Seriously. This western vs eastern distinction needs to stop.
RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

Warning: brain dump incoming.

I personally think the WR scores/Shmups Forum scores method seems fine. Saying "Western record" has always seemed to me like a very ambiguous distinction - do we draw the line at Korea? China? Leads to a lot of pointless flame wars. It's more a distinction of community than geographical location as Gus pointed out.

If applicable, I would also support adding a third column for shmupemall/other scores if they are higher than the best Shmups Forum score. Not fair to leave their efforts ignored even if they're elitist croissant-sniffing Brie-eaters who won't condescend to join our ragtag gang of Anglophone nerds. Leaving them in a separate ghetto of "dudes who've put a crazy amount of time into perfecting a 30-minute game but don't have an account here so nyah" doesn't feel right - the point of this thread, after all, is archiving the very best scores from all shmupping communities, not just ours and the crazy WR holders.

Verifying and/or tracking down the outside scores might prove difficult, though. Like there was the (French? Polish?) guy who claimed to have a 600m score in DDP a while back, and there's the insanely high S99 score on a Korean board that had Sapz pulling his hair out. This might be a lot of work so I'm happy to help NTSC-J with the research if it proves to be too much to handle.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

RNGmaster wrote:Warning: brain dump incoming.

I personally think the WR scores/Shmups Forum scores method seems fine. Saying "Western record" has always seemed to me like a very ambiguous distinction - do we draw the line at Korea? China?
Australia is ttly west
Gus

Post by Gus »

RNGmaster wrote: If applicable, I would also support adding a third column for shmupemall/other scores if they are higher than the best Shmups Forum score. Not fair to leave their efforts ignored even if they're elitist croissant-sniffing Brie-eaters who won't condescend to join our ragtag gang of Anglophone nerds. Leaving them in a separate ghetto of "dudes who've put a crazy amount of time into perfecting a 30-minute game but don't have an account here so nyah" doesn't feel right - the point of this thread, after all, is archiving the very best scores from all shmupping communities, not just ours and the crazy WR holders.

Verifying and/or tracking down the outside scores might prove difficult, though. Like there was the (French? Polish?) guy who claimed to have a 600m score in DDP a while back, and there's the insanely high S99 score on a Korean board that had Sapz pulling his hair out. This might be a lot of work so I'm happy to help NTSC-J with the research if it proves to be too much to handle.
I think having a shmups forum record then, if necessary, another column for non-Japanese record would be a great idea. It probably be a lot of work but it would be awesome to have all that in 1 place.

And just to add more fuel to the fire

http://forum.shmup.com/viewtopic.php?p=275705#p275705
Naut

Post by Naut »

RNGmaster wrote:If applicable, I would also support adding a third column for shmupemall/other scores if they are higher than the best Shmups Forum score. Not fair to leave their efforts ignored even if they're elitist croissant-sniffing Brie-eaters who won't condescend to join our ragtag gang of Anglophone nerds. Leaving them in a separate ghetto of "dudes who've put a crazy amount of time into perfecting a 30-minute game but don't have an account here so nyah" doesn't feel right - the point of this thread, after all, is archiving the very best scores from all shmupping communities, not just ours and the crazy WR holders.
I'm still against this because there is no clear distinction between what scores to count and what not to count. I could probably find a few Japanese shmup communities that have absurdly high scores. Actually, I don't even have to look hard, x91's signature links to a Chinese shmup scoreboard with extremely high scores (3b+ DOJBL, etc :shock: ). Are we to include those? You still end up classifying things as western and eastern, which is just stupid. Limit it to shmups forum only + world records. If there are players in french/polish/whatever communities that actually care about their scores being on display in this forum, then they can post them in this forum. Simple.
RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

Eh. In my ST's I'm trying my best to list both WR's and highest verifiable non-Japanese scores for fairness' sake but that's just a distinction that I personally want to make. For the purposes of this thread, yeah, I guess best of shmups forum is the most sensible thing to do and will take the least time.
Chirpy13

Post by Chirpy13 »

Last edited by Chirpy13 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gus

Post by Gus »

Naut wrote: I'm still against this because there is no clear distinction between what scores to count and what not to count. I could probably find a few Japanese shmup communities that have absurdly high scores. Actually, I don't even have to look hard, x91's signature links to a Chinese shmup scoreboard with extremely high scores (3b+ DOJBL, etc :shock: ). Are we to include those? You still end up classifying things as western and eastern, which is just stupid. Limit it to shmups forum only + world records. If there are players in french/polish/whatever communities that actually care about their scores being on display in this forum, then they can post them in this forum. Simple.
I think the distinction would be pretty clear

World: Best score by anyone in the world, meaning 99% done by Japanese players
Non-Japanese: Best score not done by a Japanese player
Shmups forum: Best score submitted by anyone with a Shmups forum account, regardless of nationality

So yeah, stuff like WY's 3.4b DOJBL would be exactly the kind of scores I'd like to see on here. I think it's very interesting to see what people who aren't well-known superplayers, but still extremely dedicated and skilled can squeeze out of these games, even if they don't have a farm account and you can just look up a few replies to see that there's other people with a similar view. At the same time, the list would probably be a lot easier to manage if it was just shmups forum/world so I wouldn't really blame NTSC-J if he doesn't decide to be that comprehensive.
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

It sounds pretty good to me. I don't check many other STG forums, so if folks find other scores like that 616m DDP one, please post them here.

I would also like to think of better abbreviations for the three types. Before, "World" and "West" were simple enough, but "non-Japanese" and "shmups forum" are kind of long-winded.

Also, should I only list the best non-Japanese score if it's higher than the shmups forum high? That would make things much easier.
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

NTSC-J wrote:Also, should I only list the best non-Japanese score if it's higher than the shmups forum high?
Yeah, that.
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

New world record for Battle Garegga added:

20.729.030 - Kamui - Gain
Gus

Post by Gus »

Was that from Wasshoi?
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

No, Arcadia.

There was also a new Strikers 1945 III score with the X-36, but it was lower than the WR we already have listed.
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

Big update with new WR scores from the past three Arcadias:

Deathsmiles Mega Black Label
15.012.446.180 - ALL - Windia

Deathsmiles
658.078.178 - ALL - Follett (Canyon)

SDOJ
Clover-TAC - 33.239.495.475 - ALL-陽 - A-S - Autobomb ON

Mushi Futari BL Original
3.914.306.524 - ALL - Palm

Fighting Hawk
T3 - CYR - ATS - 2.062.600 (a 100 pt. improvement!)

Rayforce
KTZ - 9.484.300 - ALL

Gekirindan
2.386.140 - ALL - Type A

Mamoru-kun wa Norowarete Shimatta!
CMZ - 884.111.700 - ALL - Fururu
Gus

Post by Gus »

NTSC-J wrote:Big update with new WR scores from the past three Arcadias:

Deathsmiles Mega Black Label
15.012.446.180 - ALL - Windia

Deathsmiles
658.078.178 - ALL - Follett (Canyon)

Mushi Futari BL Original
3.914.306.524 - ALL - Palm

Gekirindan
2.386.140 - ALL - Type A
It doesn't say who did these?
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

I was in a hurry so I didn't write down the long goofy names. Often times players will change their names monthly and add some editorial, so in some cases just assume it's the same guy.
dariusgaiden

Post by dariusgaiden »

From Gekkan Arcadia Oct. 2012

=== Deathsmiles ===
太菱@チリトリと木の板が飛んできます / Windia(EX-stage) / 658,078,178 / '12.10.A

=== Deathsmiles MBL ===
白胡麻@\(^o^)/@サキュラ待ち / Windia / 15,012,446,180 / '12.10.A
SPE@サキュラの更新待ってます / Forret / 10,924,389,548 / '12.10.A

=== DoDonPachi Dai-Fukkatsu ===
立川♂1今までありがとう!お疲れ様!t2 / B-Strong(Omote/Tsujoou) / 857,464,357,086 / '12.10.A

=== DoDonPachi Dai-Fukkatsu BL ===
RET / A-Power / 1,554,393,949,920 / '12.10.A
ATT@七夕なごむ / C-Power / 1,283,965,572,343 / '12.10.A
HPY / C-Strong / 1,173,904,378,090 / '12.10.A

=== DoDonPachi Sai-DaiOuJou ===
Clover-TAC / A-S / 33,239,495,475 / '12.10.A
TAB-T.N / A-L / 30,336,388,634 / '12.10.A
地獄のたまねぎとKMB / B-L / 31,477,187,112 / '12.10.A
ユセミ@シンクロ率UPの特訓成果 / B-EX / 1,257,394,172,874 / '12.10.A
TAB-T.N / C-L / 30,129,822,128 / '12.10.A
ZAP / C-EX / 1,312,867,742,299 / '12.10.A

=== Gekirindan ===
皆様お疲れ様でした!WGFC-DUE / Type-A / 2,386,140 / '12.10.A

=== Mushihimesama Futari BL ===
だるるん@最後の3分で台なし / Original(Palm) / 3,914,306,524 / '12.10.A

=== Raiden IV for NESiCAxLive ===
ハイスコア探偵団副団長 首都山圏然 / Perfect(Solo) / 48,405,580 / '12.10.A

=== Rayforce ===
KTZ / 連 / 9,484,300 / '12.10.A

=== Seisou Kouki Strania ===
レベル固定の腕輪 / Side Vower(EX) / 18,809,670 / '12.10.A

=== Strikers 1945 II ===
M.T / Ki-84 Hayate / 3,385,800 / '12.10.A

=== Tatakae! Big Fight ===
ビッグファイト倶楽部 / 9,057,900 / '12.10.A

=== Trouble☆Witches AC for NESiCA ===
おに~たま~ / ゲロゲロ・アクア / 112,235,090 / '12.10.A
おに~たま~ / ゲロゲロ・コノン / 111,560,230 / '12.10.A
れっさ~ / ゲロゲロ・シンフィ / 132,519,860 / '12.10.A
おに~たま~ / ゲロゲロ・ラーヤー / 111,602,640 / '12.10.A
おに~たま~ / ゲロゲロ・ルイ / 113,289,300 / '12.10.A

=== Vasara 2 ===
仕上がってきたのにまさかの休止・・・ISO / Nobukatsu Takeda / 24,539,370 / '12.10.A
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

Wow, Rayforce. Wonder if 10M is possible.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
Tvspelsfreak.

Post by Tvspelsfreak. »

Hishou Zame (JPN ver), 16.641.170 :wink:
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 02#p835102

edit: Was the 100 million japanese counter stop really done by one person? I can't imagine anyone playing the game for nearly 50 hours without breaks. :o
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

Scores from the new Arcadia:

DDP Saidaioujou
TAB-T.N - 46.332.937.665 - C-L - ALL-陽 (Lx2)
Yusemi-SWY - 2.016.969.149.188 - C-E - ALL-陽

Mushi Futari BL Original
だるるん - 4.057.097.526 - Palm

Fighting Hawk
T3-CYR-ATS - 2.063.200

Holy shit at four billion in Futari BL Original.

And it looks like SDOJ's GP meter counterstop isn't just for Expert mode anymore...
Gus

Post by Gus »

Yeah, crazy props to だるるん, whoever he is. Must feel good to finally get that run after so many months of work.
And it looks like SDOJ's GP meter counterstop isn't just for Expert mode anymore...
Care to elaborate on this?
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

Since this guy only had two spare lives left after beating Hibachi (with zero bombs), that means he only got 9 billion in clear bonuses (3 for the lives, 6 for Hibachi), leaving him with a staggering 37 billion from the five stages, and since the max for the first four stages seems to be at around 7~7.5 billion, he must be getting around 30 from the stage 5 chain alone. To me this suggests that he must be dipping into the GP meter counterstop, but only at the very end.
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

...Or he's crazy good/lucky at recharging his hypers, getting 6+ hyper levels with every recharge.