Mushihime-sama & 1.5 (PCB / PS2 / X360)

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
CStarFlare

Re: Mushihime-sama & 1.5 (PCB / PS2 / X360)

Post by CStarFlare »

Nice score!

So is doing counter tapping never worth it in Arrange? I usually try to do it on the stage 4 midboss and the bushes in stage 2, but I notice you just pointblank them. I'd have thought that six options with 1,000+ points per tap would be worth it, but maybe the gain you get from holding shot is better?

Also, does the rate at which counter accumulates during boss battles depend on your counter in the stage? I don't think I'm much less aggressive than you on certain bosses, but I never get the numbers you do. Of course, I'm never going into them with 1.5 million on the stage counter. :3
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
Erppo

Post by Erppo »

Normal - Ultra - Rapid
Erppo - 112,785,614 - ALL(Lx0) - X360 - [A = 1/2, C = 1/3]

Super lucky final with 3/0 start somehow. Played with 360 since they broke the controls in the PC version today.
Jaimers

Post by Jaimers »

Normal - Ultra - Rapid
Jaimers - 103,480,067 - ALL(Lx0) - PC - [A = 1/2, C = 1/2]
Neptas

Post by Neptas »

CStarFlare wrote:Nice score!

So is doing counter tapping never worth it in Arrange? I usually try to do it on the stage 4 midboss and the bushes in stage 2, but I notice you just pointblank them. I'd have thought that six options with 1,000+ points per tap would be worth it, but maybe the gain you get from holding shot is better?

Also, does the rate at which counter accumulates during boss battles depend on your counter in the stage? I don't think I'm much less aggressive than you on certain bosses, but I never get the numbers you do. Of course, I'm never going into them with 1.5 million on the stage counter. :3
Apparently, from the best JP players, tapping is better for high scoring, but since I can't do that at all, I just point blank shot.

I think the counters during boss goes a bit faster if you indeed have a high counter value before it. I tried to get a counter on 0 on boss 1, and managed to go to 550k at the end, while I can reach 640k if I chained correctly the level (ending with a 1.2M counter before the boss). That's no so much, but because the next level start's counter depends on your boss counter, it may actually increase your score by quite a bit.

I specially try to point blank stage 2 boss, since it will give for stage 3 a huge base counter, and stage 3 is where you get the more points on all levels (almost 4b just for it, half my score).

Once I know how to correctly tap A, I'll try to answer your first question :v

You think you have a replay under the hand? I really don't understand the trick with simple words, watching a video with inputs might help me more.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V01CmSd59Fc

This is from the official DVD. The main source of increase is actually fast taps of the C shot while close to the enemy - the A taps are more to limit the amount of damage you do while your option counters build, I think. A tapping WILL raise your counter, the jumps will just happen more slowly and it probably won't give you more than just point blanking. The main thing to remember is that the option counters will only get added when the big number has turned red (ie, your chain is dropping) - this happens much faster with the C shot, so you can drop and pick it up much more quickly and get a lot out of the option counters.

(I'm not an expert at this so that's just my best understanding of the system)

The STG weekly episode might have some good info too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU12DTKUMpk
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

1.5 - Original - No rapid
Despatche - 30,635,224 - ALL (Lx1) - PC (v1.1.2.7)

bad. need dat no miss.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
Neptas

Post by Neptas »

CStarFlare wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V01CmSd59Fc

This is from the official DVD. The main source of increase is actually fast taps of the C shot while close to the enemy - the A taps are more to limit the amount of damage you do while your option counters build, I think. A tapping WILL raise your counter, the jumps will just happen more slowly and it probably won't give you more than just point blanking. The main thing to remember is that the option counters will only get added when the big number has turned red (ie, your chain is dropping) - this happens much faster with the C shot, so you can drop and pick it up much more quickly and get a lot out of the option counters.

(I'm not an expert at this so that's just my best understanding of the system)

The STG weekly episode might have some good info too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU12DTKUMpk
Ok, I think I got it, thank you

I tried on stage 2 again to see how it goes on the invincible trees, managed to get to 1.2M on counter before the mid boss, so an increase of 200k, and I'm still messing the tapping quite a bit. Still figuring out how it works on the midbosses though, at one point, the counter is so high you end up losing a lot more than you earn if you don't do it exactly right >.<

EDIT:

Okay...

I reached 2.1m counter at end of stage 2... that's... nice...

Next thing I'm asking myself is why the option counters sometimes goes up quickly, and sometime not :?:

EDIT2:

Found out why. The option counter goes up slowly after an auto-bomb has occured. Manually bombing doesn't seem to do anything. I think it last till the next level.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Ah, interesting.

Sometimes I feel it goes up at different rates for different enemies. The large bugs in stage 1 and the pots in stage 5, for example.
Neptas

Post by Neptas »

CStarFlare wrote:Ah, interesting.

Sometimes I feel it goes up at different rates for different enemies. The large bugs in stage 1 and the pots in stage 5, for example.
Guess I shouldn't be surprised about that actually.
Smraedis

Post by Smraedis »

Neptas wrote:Next thing I'm asking myself is why the option counters sometimes goes up quickly, and sometime not :?:

EDIT2:

Found out why. The option counter goes up slowly after an auto-bomb has occured. Manually bombing doesn't seem to do anything. I think it last till the next level.
I did say that on the previous page, suiciding works.
The Unknown? I'm the one who knows!
My shmup achievements | and my Superplays!
Neptas

Post by Neptas »

Smraedis wrote:
Neptas wrote:Next thing I'm asking myself is why the option counters sometimes goes up quickly, and sometime not :?:

EDIT2:

I did say that on the previous page, suiciding works.
Sorry, kinda missed that :oops: . I was mostly suiciding at the end of bosses so I start the stage with full bomb (giving me at least one hit before counter resets to 0). Guess that's one more reason to suicide :D

Also, improvement time!

360/Steam Arrange
Neptas - 9.306.214.330 - Stage 5 (TLB)

Video will be coming tonight I hope

EDIT: Here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo47izR ... e=youtu.be
Aquas

Post by Aquas »

Updated. *phew*
STG Weekly!, 1cc's, twitch, XBL: DJ Aquazition
The in-game papers prove that being the paperboy is actually a position of the greatest importance,
ranking alongside top elected officials for notoriety. -Ed Oscuro
Neptas

Post by Neptas »

Aquas wrote:Updated. *phew*
Not that I want to be a jerk, but you didn't put my last score :P
Aquas

Post by Aquas »

^ Not at all. It is now fixed.

I spent some time messing around in the Steam version last night. 1.5 Maniac and Maniac Max, and Original 1.5 Max interest me. :D Aaand I still want to no-miss Vanilla original.
The in-game papers prove that being the paperboy is actually a position of the greatest importance,
Jestre

Post by Jestre »

Have been getting back into this game since Steam release. Haven't played for years but feeling good about how Arrange mode is going so far:

Arrange - Steam - 2,261,894,624
pestro87

Post by pestro87 »

This mode is superb! :shock: Spent around 20h tweaking the autofire settings though lol. I can't seem to get the 200k counter increase consistently from the first claw mid-boss section on Stage 3 though. I've gotten it a few times but never on a good run. Need to spend some more time in practice mode to see if I can figure it out.

1.5 - Maniac - MAX
pestro87 - 1,756,944,851 - stage 4 - PC - [A = 2/12, C = 1/5]
deexor

Post by deexor »

1.5 - Original (no max)
deexor - 80,017,338 - ALL (Lx5) - PC
GAME OVER
Chaos Phoenixma

Post by Chaos Phoenixma »

Normal - Maniac - Rapid
Enigma - 71,941,462 - ALL(Lx0) - PC - [A = 1/3, C = 1/3]

First 1cc of any mode on this game. Messed up a bit and still am not any good at some of the parts of stage 4 and a lot of stage 5 but managed to luck through some of it. Really screwed up on stage 5 boss and thought I wouldn't end up clearing.

I used W Power since I think it may be better for survival, but I'm definitely aware of S seems better for scoring, not that I'm any good at doing the chaining. I uploaded the replay to the leaderboard, but it desyncs when I try watching it and shows me dying to the stage 1 boss for some reason. Not sure if it'll desync for anyone else that would try watching it, but figured I'd mention that just in case.

I also have no idea what the numbers mean in the interval settings for rapid fire, so I have no idea what they are even supposed to be set to.
coturnixx

Post by coturnixx »

Normal - Original - No rapid
coturnix 20,367,909 ALL (Lx1) PC

First 1CC of the year, i think i can reach 3-4 lives left with some practice and better nerves.
coturnixx

Post by coturnixx »

An improvement. Arrived to last boss with 2 lives left and only one bomb, but managed to beat that sucker down contrary to my expectations. Still making many silly mistakes that cost me 2 lives minimun, i should be able to get 40-50 million in a good run.

coturnix - 30,975,560 - ALL (Lx2) - PC
coturnixx

Post by coturnixx »

imagenes gratis

coturnix - 51,959,682 - ALL (Lx4) - PC

FUCK YEAH

It took its time and nearly got a no-miss, but nonetheless i´m really pleased with this run, #15 place in Steam leaderboards. About time i didn´t melt to nerves/tiredness. Time to move to other modes.
OmegaFlareX

Post by OmegaFlareX »

I was messing about in 1.5 yesterday and found a rather fun way to play: set the spare lives to max, extends to every 15m, and adjust rank for balance. Start Maniac (I guess Ultra works too) MAX, and watch the extends pile up for a ridiculous 1CC bonus. The 1up sound goes off constantly, it's glorious. Is there a maximum to the number of spare lives you can have? Would a counterstop be possible this way?
lmagus

Post by lmagus »

Spoiler
Lmagus - 30,653,535 - ALL (Lx2) - PC
Last edited by lmagus on Mon May 09, 2016 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Holy resolution there, boy.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Aquas

Post by Aquas »

All updated! For now there aren't seperate rapid boards for the 1.5 scores, but I designated it anyway.
Xeno

Post by Xeno »

Xeno - 41,354,662 ALL - (Lx3) - PC

Edit: Aquas you should edit the scoreboard otherwise too, ReSe2k has reported (Lx3), instead of (Lx4) on his score.
"I will not die until I achieve something.
Even though the ideal is high, I never give in.
Therefore, I never die with regrets." 1CC
pestro87

Post by pestro87 »

Random credit... I hate those green beetles on stage 4 lol

1.5 - Maniac - MAX
pestro87 - 1,900,419,654 - stage 4 - PC - [A = 2/12, C = 1/5]
Cee
Banned User

Post by Cee »

1.5 Original MAX
clp - 349,531,188 - All - PC

1.5 - Original
clp - 77,415,701 - ALL (Lx5) - PC

Cee
Banned User

Post by Cee »

1.5 Original MAX
clp - 443,620,615 - All - PC

Pretty surprised with this seeing as it was with the shitter scoring M type.

Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Elixir - 65,937,697 - ALL (Lx5) - PC

Good to see Degica finally getting rid of the cheated scores on the leaderboards.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.