G.M.O.S.S.E [PC]

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
BPzeBanshee

G.M.O.S.S.E [PC]

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Dev thread: http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=35075
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=003l7QThOfw
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?vnzdo901co86iyq

Currently there isn't much to actually record for scoring, so let's go with this format for now:

Code: Select all

Name - Score - Ship (option type if using Busterhawk)
Starting from this release I'm going to reset the scoreboard each time there's a release. The changes that happen between versions are radical enough that I think it'd be only fair to do so. I'd also like for people who submit scores to try and do input replays as well, even if its using ships that generally don't work with it (Swordfish and Arxtyan).

The scoreboard now also uses just one board. There's not enough scores being submitted to justify separate scoreboards per ship and I think they're all just about equal in opportunity now anyway.

Code: Select all

Last edited by BPzeBanshee on Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
sikraiken

Re: G.M.O.S.S.E MK-V [PC]

Post by sikraiken »

High scores get posted more than once sometimes.

It doesn't seem like all the ships are really capable of a stage long chain.

sikraiken - 3,229,900 - BusterHawk (Shadow/Saber)

Full stage chain, maybe 141 or something. Probably more, I wasn't paying attention.

BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Holy crap, how did you get 3 mil? I never got that much in my runs! :O

I did try to make the ships all capable of killing targets within chain time but some kill of enemies too quickly depending on how they're used. Further refinement of either the stage, enemy health or certain ships attack power is probably necessary.
sikraiken wrote:High scores get posted more than once sometimes.
I guess that's a bug. I'll keep a look out for that when I play, it wasn't nearly as easy to spot anything like this before since the max score you could practically get outright was 220,050 or something (with the original test stage, unless you could somehow chainkill the green orb and purple orb and main orb of the boss all at once which I've never been able to do).

The score always starts at 0 when you play right?

EDIT: I also noticed your object count at the high score screen is at 12, there shouldn't be that many objects there at all as I'm only getting something like 7 or 8, so possibly there's something within the new stage or maybe the Gleylancer ship itself that's remaining when it's not supposed to. It's amazing what one screenshot can tell you. :D
Last edited by BPzeBanshee on Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
sikraiken

Post by sikraiken »

I kept my chain from the first enemy of the stage to the last enemy before the boss by delaying some enemy deaths at certain points. Yeah, the score always started at zero.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

That sounds excellent.

I noticed you used the Shadow/Saber option type as well. I realise that Shadow's a bit broken compared to how it was in Gleylancer which I currently dont know how to solve (holding X, moving around then letting go makes it go around the place a bit, also it locks absolutely still if you do it when you first spawn), but did you find it a bit overpowered in any way?

I'm still trying to finalise the damage variables for the Busterhawk, but the Saber's certainly not underpowered and can be used well so I probably won't touch any of the variables for it. Not getting anywhere trying to replicate having 12 objects in the high score section though. :S
BPzeBanshee

Re: G.M.O.S.S.E [PC]

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Bumping for some updates and changes to the high score format. Issues with inequality across ships should be mostly if not completely solved and the changes in the system have been radical enough that I can't see passing scores (or rather sikraiken's awesome score) from MK-V over.

If you submit scores, I'd also like an input replay if possible for testing purposes. Recording a run is easy, just go to the Options Menu > Misc. Settings > Input Replay = Recording.

It's definitely possible to get somewhere around 3 million for each ship now, though it's more difficult for some (Swordfish) than others (Xonochrome).