Dangun Feveron

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Qlex

Re: Dangun Feveron

Post by Qlex »

arcade - TYPE B
Qlex - 8998222 - ALL1 - 4/bomb - ???? - PS4

https://youtu.be/HfhpkBgtOpM

I’d like to get to the TLB soon! We’ll see how it goes :)
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Hooray, a Bomb player. Couple of tips for stage 3 that you might not be aware of:
1. If you're using the despawn bug at the start, you can get the first brown ship after the first two platforms to drop cyborgs by delaying the kill slightly. If you kill it immediately after the platform it won't drop anything. You still have loads of time to spawn all of them.
2. There are actually two different stage 3 despawn bugs - you can get the second one by killing the final platform ASAP and it works regardless of which zako wave you're on. The type 2 despawn only lasts for the following brown ship wave so you don't have to wait as long to get the overall waves going again. Doing this can also stabilize the rest of the stage, because you can choose an arbitrary wave to pause on, and always resume after that point, instead of the second part of the stage being dependent on how well you played the first part.
Qlex

Post by Qlex »

Oh my god, that is very helpful info :D thanks heaps!
I was aware of the delayed kill for point 1 but I didn’t know there were a set number of them. I thought it was better to kill it so a new one would spawn because I thought it was on a set timer. I’ll experiment a bit with it.
The type 2 despawn i noticed on your video but I couldn’t figure out why it was happening. That will make the whole section 1 a lot more optimized overall.

Thanks again!
Qlex

Post by Qlex »

arcade - TYPE B
Qlex - 12313897- ALL2 - 4/bomb - 5256 - PS4

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1424888815

Next stop will be 13M using some of the newer strats that I learned for stage 3. I'll go for a short break and then come back to it :)
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

You're totally capable of taking the PS4 top score if you keep playing like this (and the top score here). The ultimate challenge is going to be no-bombing the final boss, but that shouldn't be necessary unless there's competition at 14m+.

There's a little bit of subtlety to the stage 3 scoring trick; both the timing and positioning matter. The way I do it is: after third tank on the left, nose of the ship just below the Dancing Man Jail, bomb, move down, bomb twice, waiting as long as possible between bombs. Good score is over 900k, practice PB is 950, but it depends on the DM count (which will be higher for Bomb obviously).

Setting up the explosion chain on the opposite side doesn't seem to contribute that much - PAL's WR gets less turret kills than my runs despite Roll not being able to do that part. It's also possible to trigger some glitchy shit that keeps the turrets spawning after when they normally stop but I don't know how to do it consistently.
Qlex

Post by Qlex »

I see, thanks a lot for your help. I’ll look up a couple videos to understand the timing a bit better. You mentioned PAL’s WR, I don’t think I’ve watched it in spite of looking through YouTube. If you have a link that’d be super appreciated :)
Meriscan

Post by Meriscan »

Qlex wrote:I see, thanks a lot for your help. I’ll look up a couple videos to understand the timing a bit better. You mentioned PAL’s WR, I don’t think I’ve watched it in spite of looking through YouTube. If you have a link that’d be super appreciated :)
It's one of the best replays ever made IMO. Please do check it out: https://youtu.be/lbfGxlhEe88
Qlex

Post by Qlex »

Uhhh, this is a Diamond mine. Does this mean that the WR is actually not set by Uotaro, the meow ship? The final boss is pure insanity :lol:
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

PAL's B-Bomb scores have been exceeding Uotaro since 2016 AFAIK. It's the extra 800k from clearing with 4 bombs that makes it possible. Even with zero bombs he would still beat the theoretical highest B-Roll score by about 200k. That's why I said above that a dedicated Bomb player should be able to top these boards, since nobody but Bomb or Uotaro can really compete, and nobody's playing the cat.
wiNteR

Post by wiNteR »

Lethe wrote:You're totally capable of taking the PS4 top score if you keep playing like this (and the top score here). The ultimate challenge is going to be no-bombing the final boss, but that shouldn't be necessary unless there's competition at 14m+.
Normally, I would tend to have the impression that the hardest part would be the execution (after routing) for the stages and earlier parts.

Last year I tried to get nb on stage-5 boss twice (consecutively). After a week or two, after getting a nb on it a good number of times I was able to do it consecutively (it was speed-2 and lock though). I didn't trigger its passive phase where it just shoots off-screen rockets (I don't know how to do it anyway), though apparently it shouldn't make that much difference.

So certainly, the patterns of the boss are manageable (with some reasonable level of consistency). Definitely a hard battle though.

Now obviously doing it with (i) speed-4 and (ii) in an actual run is completely different (since the pressure of a full run is far higher). After this discussion, I am wondering how much difference of difficulty speed-2 and speed-4 make [probably change in type would make some diff. too but my guess it wouldn't be as big as the diff. that speed makes]. I saw a replay of nb of stage-5 boss with UO poko character and it certainly (apparently) seemed quite substantially harder. So my guess would be that increased speed does make the fight significantly harder.
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

What I mean is, there's no point in taking risks for the bomb bonus if your target is >13.5. Even if you can only do part of the WR routes, you can miss out on almost 1 million, spam all your bombs and still get there. Learn the WR-level routes fully, and you can use all your bombs and still get a score that's physically unreachable by the lower scoring types. Even though the rewards are big it's a relatively late priority to implement.

For the last boss difficulty, Lock is hard and speed 2 probably isn't the best either (though you are right in that too fast is bad). IMO no-bombing the entire fight with Roll is easier than just one phase with Lock/Bomb. PAL plays on speed 3 and that may be only for the boss - he has to chase it around for the whole final pattern and the weird hitboxes make it easy to die accidentally at speed 4. Meanwhile Roll hides in the corner and obliterates it in 10 seconds. :lol:

M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

At last, the 1CC (+ some proper scoring and last boss kill) is mine! :D

Normal - Type C
M.Knight - 6,799,534 - ALL1 - Roll - Spd 4 - 4253 \o/ - ShmupMAME v4.2
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ-be4NAHS8

And an earlier Time Attack score from Calice :

Time Attack - Uotaro
M.Knight - 1,765,239 - 1516 \o/ - MAME 0.220
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcymCAGE57Q
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Normal - Type B
Lethe - 14,015,992 - ALL2 - 4/Roll - 5541 - MAME

Replay

Sloppy, sloppy, crap run! Only part that was on par was stage 5, before I missed a DM and panic bombed. Still, any PB is a stepping stone. Maybe if I actually keep playing this time I'll finally be free of this fucking game.

Current sum of bests is >14.4. I'm sure 14.5 is possible, unsure about 14.6. The only big unknown left is the stage 4 final stretch, which has so far been too dangerous/annoying for me to route properly. I understand the stage 3 turret glitch pretty well now and will routinely exit with 950k+ in practice, although that doesn't stop me from screwing it up in full runs like I did this time.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

Well. Congrats. Updated.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
Qlex

Post by Qlex »

Congrats Lethe on the record, hadn't seen this!

I recently grinded it again after several marathon runs and I got a sizeable PB out of that:

Arcade - Type B
Qlex - 13,420,782 - ALL2 - 4/Bomb - 5724 - PS4

https://youtu.be/udc71VQi12U

Pretty hype to try it again soon, unfortunately several obligations might deflect that investment. I now need to use the bombs a bit more actively, probably stage 3 turret strat is on the table. I'll also need to be more confident going against boss 5. Wish me luck!
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Congrats. Adding the stage 3 + 4t3 stuff could be enough to get you over 14 million alone.

This might be jumping the gun a bit, but the final pattern's really not as bad as it looks.
Quick video doing it shot only (some remarks in description)
The main threat is ramming a bullet to your side while trying to dodge (reminder that this game has a horizontal hitbox). To mitigate that I'm hugging the bottom to brake and watching the big bullets, then letting the sweeps fall around me. If you get the boss to start in the same position every run, you can memo the whole thing, but IMO it's not necessary. An option to think about if you want to shave a bomb.

Also this might be a good time to restart the scoreboard splitting possibility. The JHA recordkeeping for this game has never made any sense and with the exception of PAL this scoreboard has been healthier than it for years. The arcade A and C records are both around 5 million, why are we following their standard for any reason other than laziness? If the lack of submissions is the problem then I promise I'll torture myself with some Lock runs.
wiNteR

Post by wiNteR »

One thing that I should perhaps mention. It is definitely possible to nmnb the stage-4 boss (in principle). Obviously the main trouble is no-bomb of the last pattern towards the end. Some months ago, one day I tried to nb that part to see whether it was possible to handle that phase and it seemed feasible [since I managed to do that last pattern (start to end) a few times after some practice]. Though I have to say, I had speed-2 and lock, which might just be the best possible combination to handle that particular part.

I expect higher speeds to be harder and actually I am not all that certain whether it is possible with higher speeds or not. That's because I haven't tried that and it is difficult to be certain on this without trying.

Of course, full runs are a different story anyway. But I thought I would mention this since it might not be obvious at first glance.
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

It's only completely impractical with C-Bomb really, all of the other ships can do it. The issue is more that if you do stage 4 table 2 correctly (the way PAL does it, not the way I do it) then you'll have a spare bomb anyway so there's no reason to take the risk in a real run. You get more time to grab DMs if you bomb too.

It's very easy with Roll if you know what to do: you only need to aim 3-4 shots to kill it before the bullets get fast. While the boss' movement is random, it always makes a little circle motion when it switches directions, so you can use that as a cue to land a hit.