Brave Blade

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
zlk

Post by zlk »

Thanks for the info. I also found the end boss attacks somewhat random and never found a consistent and safe way to get past them.
twalden

Re: Brave Blade

Post by twalden »

twalden- 42,327,320 - ST7 - Tia Riel - PCB

DEL

Post by DEL »

Not for score submission.
My first Brave Blade 1CC.
DEL - 41,083,650 - ALL -Egzerg - PCB
6mil less than previous efforts.
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

An update to my score, but still an accomplishment as this was done on my first attempt in 2 years.
SFKhoa - 53,938,210 - ALL - Tia Riel
http://www.twitpic.com/46zfpv
DMC

Post by DMC »

DMC - 40,022,470 - ST7 - Egzerg - PCB

First time I made it to the last parts of stage 7 and bumped my score 10M. But it must take some extreme juggliging to get another 15 M like SFKhoa got - impressive!

Edit:
DMC - 47,901,480 - ST7 - Egzerg - PCB

Now, I dont know where to get the additional 6-7M, but I'll search.
DMC

Post by DMC »

DMC - 55,635,560 - ST7 - Egzerg - PCB

Still haven't beat it though, so it will run some more.
DEL

Post by DEL »

Big score DMC! Congrats.
You will probably find that an ALL run on this game will be a lower scoring run, because the Last Boss requires some back-up lives to take it down. I managed an ALL, but the score suffered.
DMC

Post by DMC »

Thanks, DEL! Yes, I think so too about the survival 1cc. I'm having more problem with stage 7 itself actually rather than the boss. Those white things that makes their first appearnace in stage 7 and spit an insane amount of bullets in all directions. I guess it's just about smashing them down before they start shooting but I have difficulty doing that given their invincibility at the start.
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

DMC wrote:DMC - 55,635,560 - ST7 - Egzerg - PCB

Hot DAMN. Great job!
DMC

Post by DMC »

Thanks, Khoa!

DMC - 59,464,700 - ALL - Egzerg - PCB

I will upload a pic whenever I get hold of a camera.
In terms of scoring this run really took off from stage 3, and I actually one-lifed to the last form of the last boss where I died two lives, but got no stock bonus afaik. Usually I have lots of medals missed, guard brokens, and 1 or 2 lives lost at stage 4-5, which I think are quite difficult stages, but this run flowed well. Stage 7 was pure luck tbh as I for instance had millisecond timing a couple of times with the guard being restored right before taking a hit.

Anyway, if anyone has a Brave Blade superplay, I'd be very interested in watching it, so please let me know.

Edit: pic:
http://oi44.tinypic.com/2hsb05k.jpg
Last edited by DMC on Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

I, too, would be interested in seeing a superplay. All my plays leading to my best score was a result of trial and error in many different areas and I'd like to see what the top players are doing differently to earn the extra 10+mil (which is basically 100 medals but still...)
andrew_F-91

Post by andrew_F-91 »

I just started playing this on and off over the past few weeks and while I was doing reasonably well from a minimal practice survival perspective (getting to stage 5 after a handful of attempts) so that is a thing? Anyways real point being I started playing quite a bit more yesterday and today and trying to work on the scoring aspects a bit more. I was able to pretty much double the points by the beginning of stage 3 (where I died as it is a bit riskier playing for score so I took some more hits early on). That said it was the first time getting the extend which I had by stage 2. It seems even just picking a few medals to max out can really go a long way towards your score, especially on the lower side of things.

Tier Riel -
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

This right here is the absolute best Raizing shmup. No contest

M.Knight - 42,657,290 - Stage 6 - Rem Highland - MAME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BVlDfGbatA

By the way, if the names are supposed to refer to the characters, then they are wrong. Egzerg and co' refer to the mechas/ships the pilots are using. If you take a look at the character profiles on 8ing's old webpage, you can see the names in the ranking next to the mechas instead of the characters.

And according to this fanmade wiki page, the romanized names for the characters would be :
Rem Highland
Belgius Beowulf
Rosita em Flamberge
Keith Kilstein
Kana N
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
Catzoo

Re:

Post by Catzoo »

Icarus wrote:Default Extend setting is 4mil ONLY.
Fun thing is : the manual says 4mil only as the default setting, BUT going into test mode on the PCB reset everything go default makes it 4/8 mil only.

Is there any rule on what's the real default then ? I might say that default pcb settings are more important than manual, but that's just my way of thinking, and i'm curious to know what do you think about this :)
DMC

Post by DMC »

Beat my 7-year old score!

DMC - 61,973,750 - ALL - Rem - Mame

No autofire. Played in wolfmame 0.227 (switched to mame, because my father haven't found the pcb I asked him to store for me while living abroad :roll: ).
Pic and inp below, but will probably do a youtube video with commentary later - fun game to talk about.

pic:
https://pasteboard.co/JQny0Ma.png
inp:
https://easyupload.io/decr6k
https://file.io/lrAGf2MeuhJb
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

DMC wrote:will probably do a youtube video with commentary later - fun game to talk about.
A big YES PLEASE. Loved your Souky commentary and it actually inspired me to do something similar.

As resources for Brave Blade are very scarce, this would be even more so vauable.
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
Meriscan

Post by Meriscan »

DMC wrote:Beat my 7-year old score!

DMC - 61,973,750 - ALL - Rem - Mame
Insane achievement! Can't wait for the commentary replay. Your Souky and Alien Soldier ones were a great watch and defenitely very informative.
DMC

Post by DMC »

Thanks, guys! A youtube video is up now based on a new score.

DMC - 64,713,190 - ALL - Rem - Mame
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AQkLy1FEa8
Played in wolfmame 0.227 (no autofire). Inp link: https://easyupload.io/5b2ohy

I got the most I could from this route, so if I pick this up again it would probably be to try out some 30hz autofire milking and approaching the bosses a bit differently. Other than that, stage 1, 5, 7 may have the most room for improvement.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Congrats on the new score and thanks for the amazing commentary! Top quality content right there! Hopefully people will take note of this.
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
DMC

Post by DMC »

Thanks! And thanks for sharing it on twitter, appreciated.
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Great video, thanks a lot!
Some of those strats are pretty cool. I really like the no-dodge strat against Boss 6 phase 2, pretty ingenious and I'll have to copy-monkey it myself when/if I get there.
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

Plasmo wrote:Congrats on the new score and thanks for the amazing commentary! Top quality content right there! Hopefully people will take note of this.
My thoughts exactly. Thank you for sharing - this is a game that flies under the radar. I wish the local arcade still had a board but perhaps this will get more interest going all the same.
'Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon.'
Buffi

Post by Buffi »

Are low scores acceptable? ;)

Buffi - 7,795,550 - ALL - Tia Riel - PCB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bujQ_aAVlw

Some fun survival strats in the video. No miss until last boss phase 2.

DMC's strat of point blanking last bosses purple pattern looks real awesome, but I could not get that consistent at all. The pattern is aimed and static though, and always have huge gaps slightly offcenter, so it's easy to dodge it at the bottom of the screen :)
DMC

Post by DMC »

Congrats on the clear! ...and nice solution to the purple pattern. I was searching for something similar, but couldn't find it. I got the up-close approach from the hoge master video instead. And the good thing with being close to the boss, at least from a scoring point-of-view, is that your are ready then to destroy his blue options & laser attack with the melee attack.

Do you use some capture card to record your video btw? Just curious what you're using. Looks nice.
Buffi

Post by Buffi »

DMC wrote:Congrats on the clear! ...and nice solution to the purple pattern. I was searching for something similar, but couldn't find it. I got the up-close approach from the hoge master video instead. And the good thing with being close to the boss, at least from a scoring point-of-view, is that your are ready then to destroy his blue options & laser attack with the melee attack.

Do you use some capture card to record your video btw? Just curious what you're using. Looks nice.
You are completely correct in terms fo the blue options and laser attack. Being close for that is a lot better. When I get that pattern, I just go into the bottom left corner and hope for the best, trying to jab some option on the way, but starting at the bottom its hard to do that well.
The purple pattern itself is basically 100% safe otherwise though :)

For capture I designed and built a jamma-video splitter:
https://github.com/buffis/betsubetsu
then I have that connected to a OSSC, which is connected to my capture card (either USB3HDCAP or Elgato 60 Pro, results are similar).