GG Aleste and GG Aleste II

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Despatche

Re: GG Aleste and GG Aleste II

Post by Despatche »

Updated. Added a timer field. I am still sorting by score for now. If you really can counterstop these games, I'd like to see it.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

Despatche wrote:If you really can counterstop these games, I'd like to see it.
None of the bosses in both games ever time out. In GGA1, at least a couple of them have destructible bullets or regrowing parts. GGA2 seems a little smarter in that regard, as stuff like that doesn't net you any points anymore, but on the other hand the powerup carriers still appear in their regular intervals, and while destroying them doesn't give you any points either, collecting the powerups they drop does. So the possibility for infinite milking is definitely there in both games, although I suspect no sane person would ever attempt it.
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

Herr Schatten wrote:So the possibility for infinite milking is definitely there in both games, although I suspect no sane person would ever attempt it.
There are sane people, then there are Japanese STG score attackers lol. IIRC that was the logic Cave used when they decided to leave the boss milking possibility in Esprade. Obviously they discovered that now matter how difficult, convoluted or time consuming a scoring method is somebody will absolutely do it if it's humanly possible. Lesson learned.

So since the GG Aleste collection has these games with leaderbaords for time attack only I guess it's safe to assume they didn't mess with the milking at all? In TF IV on Switch for example M2 reduced infinite milking possibilities by making certain destructible bullets not give any score.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

Yeah, that sounds about right. Damn it, Compile.

I think that the changes to Thunder Force IV were actually something the Saturn port did, but don't quote me on that. I do know that the Switch port is heavily based on the Saturn port, however.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
Lemnear

Post by Lemnear »

I forgot about it.
GG Aleste:
Score 1.356.590 (Normal Mode)
Neogeo1982

Post by Neogeo1982 »

New here, but have posted on Atari Age for years.
Difficulty: Normal
Power Strike 2: 730740, level 4 boss, US Game Gear

https://content.invisioncic.com/r322239 ... d2b0ac.jpg

I can't figure out how to load an image onto this site. So I'll just link to whatever I post on Atari Age.
ryu

Post by ryu »

GG Aleste - normal
mar - 1,218,500 - All - PS4 - 32:04.27

GG Aleste II - normal
mar - 1,258,660 - Stage 5- PS4 - Speed: 6
blog - scores - collection
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.