DoDonPachi DaiFukkatsu — 1.5, Black Label, Novice, Arrange++

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
moozooh

Re: DoDonPachi DaiFukkatsu — 1.5, Black Label, Novice, Arrange++

Post by moozooh »

Nice job nailing that hundred, adversity! I have quite some grinding ahead of me. :D

All updated.
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
adversity1

Post by adversity1 »

Check out the replay if you're bored. I fuck one part up, but otherwise a perfect run.

Gonna try to take #1 on stage 4 coming up.
We are holding the secret power of shmups.
Aliquantic

Post by Aliquantic »

Xbox360 1.5:
Aliquantic - 16,224,643,756 - Stage 2-2 - B-P

Xbox360 Black Label:
Aliquantic - 139,322,451,262 - Stage 5 - Type A-P
Aliquantic - 121,053,103,467 - Stage 4 Boss - Type A-S

I'm reasonably happy with my Strong score even if I should've just squeezed to stage 5... incidentally I've yet to achieve much on stage 5 with *any* type (my Bomb best is a lot lower this!), something I should remedy since I can't really do much better with Strong :roll:
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Autobomb off I presume?
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
Aliquantic

Post by Aliquantic »

Autobomb off yes, sorry for forgetting that :s A random BL score so this post won't be completely empty:

Aliquantic - 138,957,001,069 - Stage 5 - A-B - Off
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Updated. Is nobody playing BL Novice? :x I thought it would be satisfying to Red through everything...
Erppo

Post by Erppo »

BL Novice seems pretty pointless to me. In BL you score mainly by hypering through bullets, but Novice doesn't seem to have enough bullets around to make that worth more than the amount you lose from the resulting rank drop. I haven't watched any Novice replays though so there could be some secret technique.
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

What kind of scores are top players getting there anyway? I'm completely in the dark without the port. :(
ratikal

Post by ratikal »

Novice 1.5
Ratikal - 88,811,326,323 - 2-EX1 (Ura) - B-P

On a whim, I decided to play some 1.5 Novice. I almost 2-ALL'd the Ura loop. I know its Novice but wat
Naut

Post by Naut »

moozooh wrote:What kind of scores are top players getting there anyway? I'm completely in the dark without the port. :(
Top BL Novice score is

BL Novice
AMP - 417,860,302,076 - Hibachi ALL

Second is

BL Novice
DIO - 331,464,947,781 - Zatsuza ALL

Next 8 places are in the 2000-2999億 range, then the next 76 places are in the 1000-1999億 range.

That dressyskink fella is at 2556億, 8th place.

Arrange top score hasn't changed, though there's an interesting replay I found just a few minutes ago. Vvvvvvery interesting.

Mediocre scoring performance throughout, pretty good survival, goes into HIVAC with 8000億 and 3 lives.

Comes out with 2.5兆 and 0 lives.

Apparently, defeating HIVACs forms gives unfathomably large amounts of points towards your chain, which was made evident when he had a hyper cancel immediately after defeating his second form that got him over 5000億 at once, which was more than he got from the first four stages combined.

:(
ratikal

Post by ratikal »

That's why I think it might be better to play for survival until Doom, seeing as how you'll double your score anyways. Wish I could watch that replay.
Sapz

Post by Sapz »

Naw, I think there's still a lot of merit in scoring well early on, especially given SIN's monstrous 2.4 chou before Doom. Besides, it's most of the run and so most of the fun, right?

I will get back to playing this at some point. :V
STGT '11 - #1 | STGT '12 - #1
Naut

Post by Naut »

Shit, I'm a fool.

AMP was A-S, DIO was B-S I think. My resolution on this TV is so small it's really hard to tell. I'd list off all the other categories but like I said, I can barely freakin' see them. I had to go into their profiles to guess at what they typed in for their initials :V
Sapz wrote:I will get back to playing this at some point. :V
That point is right now.
Sapz

Post by Sapz »

Naut wrote:That point is right now.
Naw. Maybe over the Easter break.

In the meantime, though, here's a score from a few weeks ago I forgot to submit:

BL Arrange
SPZ - 897,092,857,447 - 5 Boss
STGT '11 - #1 | STGT '12 - #1
ratikal

Post by ratikal »

I really gotta catch up and beat you guys to 1 trillion...
Naut

Post by Naut »

Ratikal requested this on IRC: The HIVAC fight I mentioned that goes from 8000億 to 2.5兆. I ain't got no fancy capture card foolishness so you'll have to deal with shitty video-camera on tv quality. It's clear enough to see the important stuff though. Discouraging to see that he could've easily milked the fight for more delicious stars.

Actually, after watching that video, it occured to me that my submitted score for BL arrange is actually 852bil, not 855bil. I am retarded. Sorry.

Sapz wrote:BL Arrange
SPZ - 897,092,857,447 - 5 Boss
you little shit
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

Well that was strange.
All my runs consist of 1000-1500億 on average.

Suddenly.

Black Label Arrange
KOA - 710,529,684,679 - Stage 5 Boss
sdk

Post by sdk »

Sapz wrote:Naw, I think there's still a lot of merit in scoring well early on, especially given SIN's monstrous 2.4 chou before Doom.
You got it backwards. SIN gets 2.4 trillion ON doom. He only gets about 770bil in the game before that (43bil stage 1, 36bil stage 2, 64bil stage 3, 155bil stage 4, 468bil stage 5).
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Updatered.
Naut

Post by Naut »

sdk wrote:You got it backwards. SIN gets 2.4 trillion ON doom. He only gets about 770bil in the game before that (43bil stage 1, 36bil stage 2, 64bil stage 3, 155bil stage 4, 468bil stage 5).
o wut did I read his replay synopsis wrong :<

well whatever. Point is, there's likely some secret technique

also yesss khoa yesss participate yessss
crackfox

Post by crackfox »

Thought i would add this score as the board is quite empty..
My best effort on BL Arrange yet....
Only got to stage 3 on this run but managed to score quite well...
Should be some improvement quite soon.... :D
BL Arrange
Crackfox-127,656,390,980- Stage 3
Ketsui..... Never has constant death been so much fun!!!!
Erppo

Post by Erppo »

Strong style time!

360 - 1.5
Erppo - 231,085,247,504 - EX Boss2 Ura - C-Strong

First time I ever got to Ura with something other than a Power ship. Entered Hibachi with 0 lifes and bombs so not much to do there. I should practice the Ura loop more (I'm not really used to the 3-way choppers) and maybe I could stand a chance against it someday.

Oh, and if we're using that notation in the BL board, my C-B score should probably say ALL EX too.
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Done, and done. Beastly scores, Erppo, you're quite probably the best 1.5 player around. :o
Erppo wrote:Oh, and if we're using that notation in the BL board, my C-B score should probably say ALL EX too.
There's a way to avoid EX boss after 2-5? Otherwise the EX is redundant.
Erppo

Post by Erppo »

moozooh wrote:Done, and done. Beastly scores, Erppo, you're quite probably the best 1.5 player around. :o
Thanks, but I'm still miles away from HUU's monster score. That's not to say I'm not eventually going to go after it, but that kind of score means near perfectly optimized chaining in the first loop.
moozooh wrote:There's a way to avoid EX boss after 2-5? Otherwise the EX is redundant.
That was for Black Label. According to this it's possible to avoid Taisabachi by bombing too much. I've never tested it however, since why would you ever bomb in BL? :D
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Ah, sorry, thought you were talking about your 1.5 C-B score. So I take it there's really no incentive to bomb in Black Label other than to glitch Hibachi?
Erppo

Post by Erppo »

When not using autobomb, you should always be using the bombs as hypers instead. There's really no risk in hypering in BL (another reason why 1.5 is superior), because you can just cancel the hyper and clear the screen if you are getting overwhelmed.

There's one trick though, as you can use a bomb to easily do a full red gauge finish at the harder bosses as your chain wont drop until the bomb has ended. In Taisabachi, there's no reason NOT to bomb constantly as you can get several bombs back by auraing the drones in one of the attacks.
Emuser

Post by Emuser »

Damn Erppo, you're a beast at 1.5. My arcade has had Ibara in place of DFK 1.5 for a good few months now so I can't play DFK at all until further notice. I kinda miss it now that I would have motivation to go for a better score again.
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Any plans to get an X360, Resumed? Best shmup console since PS2 for sure.
TLB

Post by TLB »

ResumeDPosition wrote:Damn Erppo, you're a beast at 1.5. My arcade has had Ibara in place of DFK 1.5 for a good few months now so I can't play DFK at all until further notice. I kinda miss it now that I would have motivation to go for a better score again.
I think you mean, "Yeah, my arcade has Ibara in place of DFK 1.5 now, so I can play Ibara until further notice."

Fucking jealous.
Emuser

Post by Emuser »

m3tall1ca wrote:
ResumeDPosition wrote:Damn Erppo, you're a beast at 1.5. My arcade has had Ibara in place of DFK 1.5 for a good few months now so I can't play DFK at all until further notice. I kinda miss it now that I would have motivation to go for a better score again.
I think you mean, "Yeah, my arcade has Ibara in place of DFK 1.5 now, so I can play Ibara until further notice."

Fucking jealous.
Yeah I really haven't figured out Ibara yet though. The concept of intentionally suiciding to ease the rank does not stick well with me so Ibara demolishes me left and right. Plus I was never a huge Garegga/Bakraid fan in the first place which this is heavily inspired by. I really need to look up how to play it though, maybe learning how to actually use the Hadou-Gun will change everything for me.

Also:
moozooh wrote:Any plans to get an X360, Resumed? Best shmup console since PS2 for sure.
Probably not but I wish. I really don't want to spend ~400 to get everything I need to play, but if I did I know I could practice stage 5 a thousand times over and proceed to break my records two or three fold afterwards.