Decimation X3 (Xbox LIVE Indie Games)

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Jason

Re: Decimation X3 (Xbox LIVE Indie Games)

Post by Jason »

The scoring for multiplayer works the same as single player. Except that all points awarded are split based on contribution, that goes for all enemies killed, all bosses killed, and all level complete time bonuses. You can kill waves faster with more players, so the bonus is higher, but it's split among the players. If you never fire a single bullet, your score will be 0 (with exception to collecting power ups). One exception: The points for the I-beam deleting enemy bullets is awarded to one player only, it is not split up, it goes to the player most responsible for the strength of the I-beam at that location.
Jason Doucette / Xona Games
- Score Rush Extended
- Decimation X3
- Duality ZF
short sean

Post by short sean »

oh O.K it would be interesting to see how me and my friends stack up against other people who play 3 player.

our best so far is 29,159,253

split up: player 1 8'941,745
player 2 11,881,879
player 3 8,335,619
Dale

Post by Dale »

Dale-16,409,051-101-Challenge Mode

I still feel that the hitbox should be smaller its too easy to be stacked especially when a boss dies on the left or right side of the screen and you want his power ups. Sure you could make sure he dies in the middle but that's way to hard because of their speed, their really high health ratio where its a very hard to pin the amount of damaged that is required to kill them and its usually easiest to dodge from the left or right edges. You risk too much by not shooting. Not only that but moving with the patterns in such a way that it makes you not stacked is not possible to do with every pattern because the shape of the formation and the constantly changing amount of health with each of the patterns, also with the constant power uping it causes weird scenarios where the bottom layer of the enemies pattern seemingly can take more shots then the top and go over you horizontally.
I did great so much water and milk that I threw up when I was little.
Jason

Post by Jason »

short sean wrote:oh O.K it would be interesting to see how me and my friends stack up against other people who play 3 player.

our best so far is 29,159,253

split up: player 1 8'941,745
player 2 11,881,879
player 3 8,335,619
This mechanic exists in Score Rush, and the scoring of that game is such that it's truly a multi-player effort. But in Decimation X3, I did it in a different way, where you do not share lives (which is something I want to add in for the next game in the series, in a very unique, never-done-before way), so you are really on your own. I was a little surprised to see that the high scores are almost identical in both single and multi player.

I agree this mechanic would be cool, and I'll consider it for the next version.
Thanks for your feedback. 8)
- Score Rush Extended
- Decimation X3
- Duality ZF
Jason

Post by Jason »

Dale wrote:Dale-16,409,051-101-Challenge Mode

I still feel that the hitbox should be smaller its too easy to be stacked especially when a boss dies on the left or right side of the screen and you want his power ups. Sure you could make sure he dies in the middle but that's way to hard because of their speed, their really high health ratio where its a very hard to pin the amount of damaged that is required to kill them and its usually easiest to dodge from the left or right edges. You risk too much by not shooting. Not only that but moving with the patterns in such a way that it makes you not stacked is not possible to do with every pattern because the shape of the formation and the constantly changing amount of health with each of the patterns, also with the constant power uping it causes weird scenarios where the bottom layer of the enemies pattern seemingly can take more shots then the top and go over you horizontally.
Awesome score, Dale! Level 101... 8)

The hitbox is exactly 9 pixels wide, and the enemy bullets are 3 pixels wide.

I agree that there can be situations that are impossible, but these are bound to happen, and you have to eventually die at some point, or the game would go forever. While I don't appreciate deaths that are unavoidable, I also note that you cannot remove them all, and that you can do a lot to avoid such scenarios from occurring. I do wish that it didn't sneak up on you as it does, so these are things I am going to consider for the next game.

I am glad that you enjoy it so much to get such a high score, and that you've taken time out to give me feedback. It is appreciated! =)
- Score Rush Extended
- Decimation X3
- Duality ZF
Xonatron

Post by Xonatron »

Check out this pure domination of Decimation X3:
http://xona.com/2011/02/16.html

Matthew Doucette, Xona Games
Score Rush Extended [PS4]: viewtopic.php?t=55520
Dale

Post by Dale »

Dale-17,144,936-107

Hitbox still should be smaller. Were you guys still planning on patching score rush?
I did great so much water and milk that I threw up when I was little.
Xonatron

Post by Xonatron »

Thanks for the submission.

It is more likely that a new (patched, if you are speaking about the audio glitch) Score Rush will come out than the old one being patched. We are very busy on other projects which in the long run is the best thing for Xona Games and our fans.
Matthew Doucette, Xona Games
Score Rush Extended [PS4]: viewtopic.php?t=55520