STAR PRINCE (Retro Game Challenge) US

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
EricDaNerd

STAR PRINCE (Retro Game Challenge) US

Post by EricDaNerd »

Welcome to the STAR PRINCE hi-score thread.
Star Prince is a fun shmup that can be unlocked in the game Retro Game Challenge for the nintendo DS.
RULES:
no cheat codes, both loops completed

Code: Select all

HIGH SCORES

1. Nils         7,030,800
2. EricDaNerd   6,639,500
3. Ed Oscuro    5,720,200
4. RNGmaster    4,322,800
FORMAT FOR POSTING: NAME - SCORE

I'm including scores I found in another thread on this site. If there are any problems or posts please email me. I seriously doubt this thread will be jumping with posts so I won't be checking it often. Thanks and GOOD LUCK!!!
Last edited by EricDaNerd on Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:18 am, edited 5 times in total.
Ed Oscuro

Re: STAR PRINCE (Retro Game Challenge) US

Post by Ed Oscuro »

Where was the old thread?

(Also my nickname doesn't have two Rs in it.)
EricDaNerd

Post by EricDaNerd »

Sorry Ed. Fixed that rolling ARRR!!!
Here's where I saw your old score.
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

Good eyes! And good luck with the thread. (I was just wondering if there wasn't a turf battle with another thread in place before - obviously not - so it's all yours baby!)

I'll have to try this again sometime...hopefully on a DS with a better d-pad than the Lite...if such a thing exists >_<
Pulstar

Post by Pulstar »

Goddamn man, the second loop is evil. I can't quite do it with the DS pad, my thumb just slips around too much to manage by that point, but well done to you guys I will say.
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

If it's any consolation I mostly played using the four cardinal directions - not so much with the diagonals which thankfully aren't really needed much in this one.
guigui

Post by guigui »

Ed Oscuro wrote: I'll have to try this again sometime...hopefully on a DS with a better d-pad than the Lite...if such a thing exists >_<
DSi and DSiXL's are as good as you can get on that handheld. They actually helped me improve my scores on Ketsui DL (along with way bigger screen on the XL for sure).
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
EricDaNerd

Post by EricDaNerd »

EricDaNerd - 6,639,500

Had a decent run today. Tried to make every sparkshot and booster-detonate count(always tried to wait for the screen to be filled with enemies and bullets before detonating) and I tried to nail all the big round ground bonuses as well. Missed a bunch of prince letters, a few hidden 1ups, and died about 5 times I think. Had only 10 lives in the end of the second loop. If I sacrifice some more lives to do some more booster-detonate cluster kill bonuses I think a score of 8 million is totally possible. Of course I would probably have to find most every prince letter and 1up to make it happen I think....actually maybe not. If anyone knows of some other good ways to score some more bonuses let me know.

By the way I only use the M booster and sometimes S booster if I die and can't aquire the M. M booster seems to be the best for bonuses and bosskills. Bosses die before they can even fully attack. Even the end boss.
RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

RNGmaster - 4322800

Yeah, real crappy, but I can't seem to get the secret bonus on the second loop.
mjclark
Banned User

Post by mjclark »

Wow! Thanks for reminding me of this.
I havn't got any scores worth posting yet but it's a great game (think I actually prefer this to Star Soldier but better not say that!).
I've got Nitrografx and Nestopia on my DS with a complete collection of the Hudson and Naxat Caravan games as well as Blade Buster so this fits in really well.

There's a Score Attack version of Star Prince on the japanese-only Game Center CX2 with 2-minute and 5-minute caravan modes, so should scores for that go here or on the Caravan Board?
GCCX2 also has Gun Duel, an ultra-fantastic Compile style shooter which deserves a score board all of it's own (if anyone else is playing it)!
mjclark
Banned User

Post by mjclark »

Star Prince Score Attack version
3-Minutes Mode:
mjclark - 117,000

Not sure if this score belongs here or on the Caravan Board so I've posted it on both!
Last edited by mjclark on Sun May 01, 2011 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mjclark
Banned User

Post by mjclark »

Star Prince Score Attack Version
5-Minutes Mode
mjclark - 489,800

Still not sure if these scores belong here or in Caravan or in a seperate Game Center CX2 thread.
Who will take them?
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Normal Mode
M.Knight - 5,260,400 - 2-ALL
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
Pulstar

Post by Pulstar »

I had totally forgotten about the score competition here, though ought to try since I've had an XL for a few years.

Does anyone else here still play it?
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

My own score is a bit old, but if I find the motivation I can still try to play it again, probably on a emulator this time to easily record the footage and all.
I never tried the caravan modes that IIRC are in the second Game Center CX game, maybe I'll go for those.
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project