Fast Striker

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
doctorx0079

Re: Fast Striker

Post by doctorx0079 »

On a 1CC you get points for lives remaining?
SWY: Games are just for fun
Battletoad

Post by Battletoad »

Sort of. I'm not exactly sure how it works, but when I had 3 lives left, I got 900 million end bonus. I'm a bit pissed at myself that I didn't always pay attention (just like today), but I think now with 2 lives I had 600 million.

fji on the other hand has 4 lives left and gets 1.75 billion points, so either it simply is such a score jump with this extra life or something else plays a part.
LeeVanCleef

Post by LeeVanCleef »

I wish I had more time to play Fast Striker. I am trying to break 2 Billion, in original mode, but for some reason I cannot no miss stage 1 (usually die at the boss). Stage 2 I have an easier time with. I am gonna give it a few runs today see what i can do.
AmidstStorm

Post by AmidstStorm »

After not playing this for a few weeks, i've lost all my progress (in my head).. i can't do shit on this now. :(
doctorx0079

Post by doctorx0079 »

AT LAST I GOT THE ALL!!

(Dreamcast version)

Original:
doctorx0079 - 7,423,252,060 - 1222 - ALL

Just made it on my last life. Also tried Novice again for the hell of it. Guess what, playing Original made me better at Novice even though the controls are different.

Novice:
doctorx0079 - 3,484,206,320 - 506 - ALL

Not posting a Maniac score yet because my Maniac scores are still too embarassing. I will be gunning for the Maniac ALL next!
Battletoad

Post by Battletoad »

Congrats! Original isn't easy, but very much doable, so it's great to have another ALL on the list.

And here are some new scores from me, rather from some weeks ago:

Maniac / Dreamcast
Battletoad - 8,552,626,550 - 1493 - ALL

Original / Dreamcast
Battletoad - 10,214,077,030 - 1427 - ALL

Novice / Dreamcast
Battletoad - 4,647,650,020 - 678 - ALL
ave

Post by ave »

My Maniac score I got in June/July 2010 (MVS-version):

18,898,139,490 - 2047 - ALL (TLB)
THE ETERNAL
doctorx0079

Post by doctorx0079 »

Wow, how did you chain that much and how do you get TLB? Does TLB show up in Original? Is there a different ending if you beat TLB?
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

TLB is only available in Maniac mode. I think you have to get all technical bonuses and a certain score (was it 10bill?).

x2047 is the max chain for the MVS version. The counter becomes green and stops.
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
doctorx0079

Post by doctorx0079 »

Plasmo wrote:TLB is only available in Maniac mode. I think you have to get all technical bonuses and a certain score (was it 10bill?).

x2047 is the max chain for the MVS version. The counter becomes green and stops.
Okay, but how do you chain that much??? Does Maniac mode enable you to chain a lot more than Original? (I'm thinking yes.)
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Chaining works completely different in all three modes (Omake is the same as Maniac) and yes, the chaining potential is a lot higher in Maniac.
I like chocolate milk

ave

Post by ave »

doctorx0079 wrote:Wow, how did you chain that much and how do you get TLB? Does TLB show up in Original? Is there a different ending if you beat TLB?
I've uploaded videos of the first three levels about a year ago. Here's the 2047 one (stage 2):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQrgTAcsX8A

The counter stops at 2047 and becomes yellow (not green @plasmo). IIRC they fixed this in version 1.5, I achieved my score in version 1.0 though.

TLB only shows up in Maniac and if my memory serves me well, you have to have at least 12 or 15 billion points and got most technical bonusses. I know that I didin't get all of them in my 18,89 bil run because I didin't know the 5th secret in stage 2 at the time, so it wasn't a requirement to get all of them back then and I don't think they changed it in 1.5.

The ending is no different. But the TLB is awesome, many thick & shiny bullets, just a small sprite rushing around the screen. Challenging but always doable.Really a shame so few people have seen it so far. Maybe I should make a video at some point, it's really a fun fight. I even beat it with one life at the Fast Striker event in July 2010. :mrgreen:
THE ETERNAL
doctorx0079

Post by doctorx0079 »

Okay, how do you get the 1UP in stage 3? And why do I sometimes get the 1UP in stage 4 and sometimes I don't?
ave

Post by ave »

You get the 1up in stage 3 if you get all secrets in stage 2.

Same goes for stage 4 I believe (all secrets in stg 3). Although I'm not 100% certain because I always got the extend in stage 4 without taking particularly care of any secrets in stg3. Just make sure to shoot the blue guy before the midboss (when the planet appears in the background).
THE ETERNAL
doctorx0079

Post by doctorx0079 »

Okay, this is really bugging me. What do the blue guys do in Maniac mode, and how do I get extra shields?
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

TLB only shows up in Maniac and if my memory serves me well, you have to have at least 12 or 15 billion points and got most technical bonusses. I know that I didin't get all of them in my 18,89 bil run because I didin't know the 5th secret in stage 2 at the time, so it wasn't a requirement to get all of them back then and I don't think they changed it in 1.5.
Secrets and technical bonuses are something different though. :wink:

Okay, this is really bugging me. What do the blue guys do in Maniac mode, and how do I get extra shields?
Just keep shooting them and you'll get a shield.
I like chocolate milk

ave

Post by ave »

Plasmo wrote:
Secrets and technical bonuses are something different though. :wink:
Right... :oops:
Just keep shooting them and you'll get a shield.
Not all of them give you shields, but you can instrumentalize them to charge your grind energy for earning green crystals. Two of those will also drop said extends in stage 3 and 4 respectively.
THE ETERNAL
Battletoad

Post by Battletoad »

ave wrote:The ending is no different. But the TLB is awesome, many thick & shiny bullets, just a small sprite rushing around the screen. Challenging but always doable.Really a shame so few people have seen it so far. Maybe I should make a video at some point, it's really a fun fight. I even beat it with one life at the Fast Striker event in July 2010. :mrgreen:
Yes please make a video! I'm seemingly still way short of reaching him. Plus Fast Striker isn't exactly a game that enhances my patience. :lol:
So who knows if I'll ever see him myself...
Battletoad

Post by Battletoad »

It's amazing what you can pull off after long breaks. Got two huge scorejumps and saw the True Last Boss on Maniac even though never being really close before. Also chained way better and could hold Devil Rank from the middle of stage 2 (my stage 1 was horrible) until somewhere in stage 6. I think I had three chains over 1400 in stages 2 to 4.

My max combo in the Novice run was 100 less than my previous highscore, missed a lot in stage 2, especially at the devilsplosion at the end of the boss fight. Otherwise I could have regained the 1st place on the board. I think I got such a score because of the amount of extra lives. I even lost one due to failure of the auto-shield. That's one bad glitch there. A couple of times (some weeks ago) I also had activated a shield very shortly before getting hit. I heard the sound of the shield yet died.

Maniac / Dreamcast
Battletoad - 12,478,163,690 - 1532 - Stage 6

Novice / Dreamcast
Battletoad - 5,111,366,770 - 586 - ALL

Image Image
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Nice scores! You're getting there, just keep going!
I like chocolate milk

Battletoad

Post by Battletoad »

Alright, finally I got my first place in Original back, at least on the Dreamcast part of the ranking site! Still only 3 lives left, but several small things must have made the difference. So I am now done with this mode. It was painful enough to get there, but very satisfying in the end. I might play Original again sometime, but I'll never seriously try again to beat my score. Fingers crossed. :)

Original / Dreamcast
Battletoad - 10,556,605,420 - 1533 - ALL

Also got a new max combo in Maniac stage 2 with almost 1800. I reached the TLB again and beat him on the first life of my 2nd credit (hadn't beaten my highscore so I decided to continue). Very fun boss indeed! Had some intense dodges still on my first credit.

Battletoad

Post by Battletoad »

Maniac / Dreamcast
Battletoad - 15,032,017,280 - 1872 - ALL (TLB)

God, I SO thought I'd blow it. And I nearly did. Of course no lives or shields left, even a few patterns before the clear already, but the TLB went back to some easier attacks. :lol:
There were a few unnecessary deaths in this run, but luckily I had an outstanding performance on both stage 6 bosses. Only lost one life and three shields there which at least for me is far better than ever before. The TLB fight was kind of sloppy with a stupid first death and too less knowledge, but somehow it was enough for the win.

What I noticed lately, is how strong the regular shot is or rather how weak the beam. Especially during bossfights it is much better to tap regular shot really fast (a little awkward on a pad) than to just fire the laser. That's weird, nontheless that helped me now on some bossfights.

So I'll just leave and move on (to XOP Black Ultra probably). Thanks Fast Striker for the very nice time, but damn can you be frustrating! I just wanted to go to bed after I got hit twice by bullets I didn't see in the mass of items during a bigger enemy's devilsplosion. Luckily I stayed up a little longer. :)

the allett

Post by the allett »

DREAMCAST/ORIGINAL

THE ALLETT - 9,520,919,170 -1404 -ALL
In the words of an alcholic, have another drink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Battletoad

Post by Battletoad »

Original / Dreamcast
Battletoad - 11,592,900,810 - 1568 - ALL

4 lives left! And it's recorded, in poor quality. I mainly wanted to record a video for fun to pay attention to all the numbers, get clues on how much everything's worth and to analyze a few patterns/passages... but the result was very surprising.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7ci1tfhixo - Stage 1 to 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn2whuc6mvA - Stage 4 to 6

So I lost only one life, but on one of the stupidest ways ever. In return I was lucky in stage 6 when activating shields just at the very last moment. Now I can also say (almost) for sure that the endbonus just depends on the lives remaining: 0.9 billion for 3 lives, 1.75 billion for 4 lives.
ave

Post by ave »

That's a great score! I just started playing again (Maniac), but I doubt that I'll be able to beat my highscore. I'll probably just start Original because I never really played this mode and I want to see how hard it is to play for score 8)
THE ETERNAL
ave

Post by ave »

Played a couple of credits today.

Original:
AVE - 10,848,640,690 - 1409 - ALL

Cleared it with 3 spare lives, but the end bonus was 1,5bil. I don't know exactly what it depends on and in what relation, but I'm quite certain that the amount of secrets found throughout the run plays a role. I got 700mil more than you for 3 lives left. Do you get all the secrets? My run featured all of them (it's not hard to do once you know).

I also had a go on Omake. 1st credit:
AVE - 9,557,725,560 - 2785 - ST5

Great mode, but could have used a little bit more finetuning (for a start the last pattern of the ST3 boss is simply impossible from realistic perspective). Not that I didn't tell them... but well :P
THE ETERNAL
Battletoad

Post by Battletoad »

ave wrote:Cleared it with 3 spare lives, but the end bonus was 1,5bil. I don't know exactly what it depends on and in what relation, but I'm quite certain that the amount of secrets found throughout the run plays a role. I got 700mil more than you for 3 lives left. Do you get all the secrets? My run featured all of them (it's not hard to do once you know).
I missed one secret in my best run and I think in most of my other runs, too, so that might be a factor.
But great score, congrats! I needed ages to get such a score on Original... but well you had already played it extensively on Maniac, eh? ;)

Is it Neo Geo or Dreamcast by the way? And if NG then 1.0 or 1.5?

Also I have lost motivation to torture me on Omake very quick. :lol:
ave

Post by ave »

I play the MVS version, 1.5. The old 18,8 score was on 1.0 btw, that's why there's a counterstop on the combo-meter (more than 2047 was not possible at the time).

I still know the game by heart, played it many many hours when it came out. Try Omake mode, it's actually not as hard as it seems once you get a little familiar with the new patterns. Lots of things are changed, particularly stage 3 in which there are no laser barriers anymore - the former 'laser blocks' now trigger a devil explosion and cancel all the bullets they fired into devils. Very nice effects, reminds of Mushihimesama.... well, a little bit at least.
As said, some bosses and situations are a little unfortunate, obviously there was no time in the end to improve these issues. But if you use shield in the impossible situations (like the extremely difficult last st3 boss pattern! It's like twice the speed and intensity of the Maniac mode pattern) even these hairy patterns are fairly doable. I've yet to reach the Omake-version of the TLB though, heheh.
THE ETERNAL
ave

Post by ave »

Just had a run on Original with 11,2bil total after clearing the game. It was actually a fantastic run and I only lost 1 life at the last boss (4 spare lives in the end) BUT my end bonus was as low as 1bil?? WTF? I got all but one secret due to stupidity (I used a shield at the 4th midboss) and all I get is 1 billion? With the 10,2bil I had before the end bonus (after beating the final boss). I could have almost gotten 12bil.

If THE or RHE are reading this, could you guys please explain how the bonus system works. This is really frustrating, 4 spare lives and I get a mere 50% of the end bonus with 3 lives left...
THE ETERNAL
THE

Post by THE »

ave wrote:Just had a run on Original with 11,2bil total after clearing the game. It was actually a fantastic run and I only lost 1 life at the last boss (4 spare lives in the end) BUT my end bonus was as low as 1bil?? WTF? I got all but one secret due to stupidity (I used a shield at the 4th midboss) and all I get is 1 billion? With the 10,2bil I had before the end bonus (after beating the final boss). I could have almost gotten 12bil.

If THE or RHE are reading this, could you guys please explain how the bonus system works. This is really frustrating, 4 spare lives and I get a mere 50% of the end bonus with 3 lives left...
Sounds like you had one or more bosses timed out on you.
This heavily effects the endbonus.
Where you really at the last boss? This reactor like machine on ground with the crystal?
The mecha is only the stage 6 boss, but not the final boss.

Dieing on the last stage effects it too, but not that much.
The future is 2D