CONGRATULATIONS

YOU MAY NOW ENTER THE
TEETER TORTURE HALL OF FAME

Enhasa - 380130 INCREDIBLE - 39
Ed Oscuro - 296120 FABULOUS - 34
DJS - 47340 GREAT
VIC - 44130 SUPER
MRK - 37830 GOOD

Keep the teeter-totter (seesaw) as parallel to the ground as possible. If it leans too far, the poorly chosen location for your gunpowder stores will go up in flames - and you on with it! The hangers-on (I'm not sure it's appropriate to call them "enemies," exactly) can be shot or they can be allowed to fall and grab onto the teeter-totter with their hook-heads. You can balance the teeter-totter somewhat by rolling your gun back and forth - more to one direction counters more force from the other side, true to the laws of physics! Not true to the laws of physics is the warp point, a little star-thing that appears and lets you rush to the next level.

Old, simple, and fun game from Exidy, made before they forgot how to make anything but lightgun games. (And Top Secret, which might as well be controlled by a gun, fixed to the back wheel of a garbage truck on Thursday morning.)

Rules: Don't make your dog or cat play it when you're away. Don't lean into the gunpowder too many times! One credit, one play counted for scoring. There seems to be little to delineate here really.

Thanks to the generosity of Xidy (no typo), you can play this gem fo' FWEE. Awesome!

Now, get teeterin'.

Oh god, all my text is to the left side of the page...THIS WILL NOT DO
Last edited by Ed Oscuro on Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:00 am, edited 5 times in total.
Enhasa

Re: Teeter Torture

Post by Enhasa »

Enhasa - 380,130 - 39

This game was surprisingly decent, nice find!

I mean, it's pretty stupid when you get a bunch of guys in a row on one side, the warps seem really out of place, and the background colors can be excruciating, but it all adds up to being weirdly endearing. The way you don't die immediately when enemies reach the bottom is cool, but usually you might as well be dead (unless you can quickly let an enemy attach on the opposite side, STRATEGERY). I got through one stage without shooting at all, for the hell of it, just to see how many guys I could have attached at the same time.
"I think happiness is just being able to loaf without stress."

http://speeddemosarchive.com/
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

Updated w/scores. The random names are placeholders from the game. Only the TOP FIVE get to be INCREDIBLE, FABULOUS, GREAT, SUPER, or GOOD. Everybody else is just a hanger-head.
saucykobold

Post by saucykobold »

saucykobold - 167,760 - 23

Out of curiosity, are you guys using the keyboard or the mouse to move?