Post by Battletoad »

Congrats Icarus, very nice score! :shock:
Can't wait to watch it on Youtube!
Icarus

Re: Crimzon Clover

Post by Icarus »

8005oku Original ALL now on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 06E9C5C6C0

EDIT: 640x480 60fps AVI up as well, 602MB.
http://bigcore.rsdio.com/icarus/other/c ... eI_icr.avi
gs68

Post by gs68 »

Icarus wrote:Saturn USB pad.
*high-fives*

I use a Saturn controller with a USB converter when I'm playing on the go, and a Seimitsu-modded FSTE at home. Personally I use A for shot, B for bomb/Break, and R for lock-on; it's less hassle on my fingers than, say, B for lock-on and R for bomb/Break.

Anyways, congrats on your record. I'll be watching your replays so I can study some techniques. 8)
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

gs68 wrote:I use a Saturn controller with a USB converter when I'm playing on the go. Personally I use A for shot, B for bomb/Break, and R for lock-on; it's less hassle on my fingers than, say, B for lock-on and R for bomb/Break.
My buttons are set up for speed and comfort: B for lockon, Y for shot, R for bomb/breakmode.
gs68

Post by gs68 »

KABOOOOOOM. MYSHIP TYPE-Z ROLLOUT.

Unlimited - Type-Z
gs68 - 1810億5066万7420 - x13841 - Stage 3 Boss
RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

gs68 wrote: Unlimited - Type-Z
Stop playing with cheats. Do that shit with Type-A.
Last edited by RNGmaster on Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
gs68

Post by gs68 »

u mad
astroid

Post by astroid »

RNGmaster wrote:
gs68 wrote: Unlimited - Type-Z
Stop playing with cheats. Do that shit with Type-A.
Please explain on what this player cheated up?
ImageImageImage
Drachenherz

Post by Drachenherz »

Had a little bit something like a breakthrough today... First time I laid this mother-effing boss 3 on original... But not enough... Was playing Level 4 seriously for the first time... Haven't been there except for a few trainingssessions...

Guess what? I also laid Boss 4 and made it through to stage 5!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Can't believe it, I'm still pumped as hell... *adrenaline rushes through veins*

Ah, the score:

604億8101万6950 - x7256 - Original - Type I - Stage 5

I *love* this game!

And did you notice? It doesn't let you record replays when you have used continue... As I never really made it to stage 5, I caved in and used 1 credit to continue... (Made it to the pre-boss that comes from under you with the parachuting tanks...) This game is truly for the hardcore: Replays only for 1cc (attempts)! :-D
Truth - Compassion - Tolerance
RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

astroid wrote: Please explain on what this player cheated up?
Dude, I'm being facetious. It's just that it's much easier (and therefore less rewarding) to get a good score and a 1cc in unlimited if you use Type-Z, since that ship recharges break so quickly and moves so fast.
xavierjesus

Post by xavierjesus »

Well, why not (score in 'World' setting)...

xavierjesus - 61,540,960 - Simple Mode (Type 1) - Stage 5 Boss

Anyone know, is 0億6154万0960 the same as the above score?

More practise necessary. This goddam' game rules!
nZero

Post by nZero »

xavierjesus wrote:Anyone know, is 0億6154万0960 the same as the above score?
Yes. Take the commas out of 61,540,960 and the kanji out of 6154万0960 and you get: 61540960
xavierjesus

Post by xavierjesus »

@nZero

Thank you my good man (I am fully aware that the question would seem obvious) - I just wanted to double check that my score(s) were not as bad as I initially thought, & that I'm not (completely) retarded! (They are still undeniably total ballsack though haha! ;-) )

Onwards shmuptard soldiers!

Sort of thing.
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

Update checkpoint. Let me know if I've missed anything.
Soxo

Post by Soxo »

Soxo - 2657億4538万1640 - x15374 -Original Mode (Type Z) - EX Boss 2

austere

Post by austere »

Original Type I (v1.01)

Code: Select all

austere - 1861億9942万7830 -   x15184 - EX BOSS
I still haven't completely decided what I think of this game but it's of arcade quality at the very least. My first reaction to each new encounter was nothing short of euphoric but the patterns do get "repetitive" after a short time.
<RegalSin> It does not matter, which programming language you use, you will be up your neck in math.
Justus

Post by Justus »

Original

Justus - 4928億0309万8310 -   x20494 - ALL CLEAR!! (Lx0)
JUUUUUUST shy of half a trillion. At this point, I've invested a lot of time into this game (about 70 hours), but it's all been pretty mindless unfocused fun up to now. I've basically spent all my time just running the game once or maybe twice in a day, and have not really touched stage practice, nor have I looked at anyone else's videos or replays yet. I wanted to enjoy discovering as many scoring tricks as I could on my own. I think I could construct a FAR higher-scoring run with the right kind of dedication though.

YOUTUBE LINK
Observer

Post by Observer »

Well, I managed to break the 4k oku barrier. So many, SO MANY stupid mistakes I won't even name them.

Stupid Type Z is just so awesome (and you can tell it has dozens of possible scoring routes due to how fast the bar charges) that the other two ships feel underwhelming... when they shouldn't. I'll go back to Type I until I get used to it again. Type Z has the "insta-fun" recipe written all over it.

Original mode - Type Z

Observer - 4665億0732万4630 - x15694 - ALL CLEAR!! (Lx3)
NOW REACHES THE FATAL ATTRACTION BE DESCRIBED AS "HELLSINKER". DECIDE DESTINATION.
xavierjesus

Post by xavierjesus »

'Original' mode - nu score ('World' setting)

xavierjesus - 103,010,794,420 (Max Rate 11898) - Original Mode (Type 1) - Ex Boss

(This lock on beaut shooting masterpiece is even more teh sexx running thru the SLG3000 - heaps of stupid deaths from simply looking at the scanlined double-break sweet mayhem! :D )
xavierjesus

Post by xavierjesus »

& got raped of 4 lives by that butt-plug motherfucker last last boss!
Observer

Post by Observer »

I beat my previous score. Loads of retarded mistakes again but the music just gets you pumping in the super lock-on action. I think I'll have to try this game using my old CRT monitor in true low res. Seriously, I replay Stage 5 weekly just because of how fucking awesome and over the top it is. Seeing the hit counter reach stratospheric numbers as shit gets blown up at the pace of serious business "final stage theme" ("Heaven's Gate" is the most appropriate song title in a while, lol). STG WILL NEVER DIE.

In the meantime:

Original mode - Type Z

Observer - 5070億1179万5330 - x17101 - ALL CLEAR!! (Lx1)
NOW REACHES THE FATAL ATTRACTION BE DESCRIBED AS "HELLSINKER". DECIDE DESTINATION.
mesh control

Post by mesh control »

Taking a break from Mars Matrix, because I hit a wall.

Original mode - Type I
mesh control - 227億0538万3550 - x7487 - Stage 3

This game hurts my thumb, I'm not going to play anymore.
lol
Masa

Post by Masa »

Original Type I (v1.01)

Masa - 330億8218万7350 -   x6742 - Stage 3
This is really fun, maybe i'll get to the boss next time ^^
I don't get it. *sigh*
RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

Yeah, about that boss... better open it in practice before you fight it on a full run.
mesh control

Post by mesh control »

I didn't find the boss that bad in practice mode. It's everything up to that point I mess up.
lol
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

Type 1 Original v1.01

TrevHead - 995,4031,9640 -x9280 - ST5 Boss

I totally suck at scoring so im mostly playing for suvival. Call me thick because this is a very basic question. How do I get the baddies to give up the most stars when I blow them up with the special? I thought it was the amount of bullets on screen or cancelled but I seem to be hit and miss with it.
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

Scratch that as ive just broke the 1000 oku barrier :)

Trevhead - 1128,5546,1030 - x10226 - Stage 5 boss (original type I)
burgerkingdiamond

Post by burgerkingdiamond »

stage 5 fucked me. Should get the clear soon, if I practice 5 some more.
Let's Ass Kick Together!
1CCs : Donpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Dodonpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Battle Bakraid (PCB) Armed Police Batrider (PCB) Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 (360 - Original) Mushihimesama Futari BL (PCB - Original)
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

Type I Original
Trevhead - 1358,0908,9490 - x 12195 - Stage 5 boss (v1.01)

I finally unlocked the type Z, wow its fun playing the Unlimited Stage with it.

Heres my paltry Type I Unlimited Score from when I occationally play this mode as a warm up before original.

Type I Unlimited
TrevHead - 126,5119,8810 - x8402 - Stage 2

Im finally managing to get a better grasp of the scoring system due to watching one of Icarus' stage 1 vid and studying it in more detail. Last time I watched it I mistook him as using his lock and at the same time point blank shooting. Instead what he really does which is not shoot while he fully charges his lock, but still stay point blank. Due to that mistake it made me totally misinterprate the score system, thinking shooting is more important then it really is. And with my policy of not watching superplayers so I can explore scoring myself ive been playing like that for months now wondering where im going wrong. Sigh, oh well I live and learn :?

I still havnt got a hang of building up my lock shot multiplayer and keeping the timer going, but atleast I know how to fill my break gauge effectivly. :)
Last edited by TrevHead (TVR) on Tue May 24, 2011 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

TrevHead (TVR) wrote:Im finally managing to get a better grasp of the scoring system due to watching one of Icarus' stage 1 vid and studying it in more detail. Last time I watched it I mistook him as using his lock and at the same time point blank shooting. Instead what he really does which is not shoot while he fully charges his lock, but still stay point blank. Due to that mistake it made me totally misinterprate the score system, thinking shooting is more important then it really is. And with my policy of not watching superplayers so I can explore scoring myself ive been playing like that for months now wondering where im going wrong. Sigh, oh well I live and learn :?
Key techniques to charging Break Power:
1) Maximum lock-ons on big groups of smaller targets (tanks, drones etc) -> bug swarm before st3 midboss
2) Exploiting enemy invincibility during certain forms using Shot-> medium sized ships in st1
3) Exploiting enemy invincibility in upper segment of screen using Shot -> tanks at beginning of st5
4) Milking destroyables -> st5 midboss missile launchers
5) Pointblanking with Shot -> (seems to work everywhere)

NOTES: Lasers will only generate Break Power if something is destroyed by them, they generate very little when damaging something. Most sections in the game require using Shot to generate power (in Original Mode, at least).

Key techniques to generating Break Rate:
1) Maximum lock-ons on big groups of smaller targets in or out of BM/DBM -> swarms in early st3 / after first gate in st5
2) Max multiplier and Shot in BM/DBM -> early to middle st1 with large tanks / st3, swarm after second large ship
3) Milking destroyables in BM/DBM -> before first gate in st5 / st5 midboss missile launchers
4) Exploiting enemy invincibility in upper segment of screen using BM/DBM and Shot -> laser turrets before first gate in st5

NOTES: When using Shot in BM/DBM to generate Break Rate, your rate goes up faster if you have a higher lock-on multiplier active - this was tested and confirmed by myself during st5 practice.

Scoring routine:
1) Quick generate as much Break Power as you can. Shift into BM/DBM.
2) Get as high a lock-on multiplier as you can. Best time to lock-on is during invincibility period on activation. Example.
3) Use Shot to sweep large groups of small targets, and use lock-ons to destroy medium and large targets (preferably with max lock within reason) for medal fountains.
4) Aim to generate as much Break Rate as you can through repeating point 3 until Break Mode runs out, then start from point 1 again.
5) For bosses, you MUST kill the last form at x6.4 lock in DBM for a high scoring medal fountain. Other forms can be handled in or out of Break Mode depending on situation.

NOTES: Like Dodonpachi Daioujou and Daifukkatsu, careful timing of your Break Mode activation will give you the best chance at scoring, as you'll be able to use BM/DBM through key scoring sections. To do that though, it is important to learn how to generate Break Mode quickly.