Battle Garegga (ARC/SAT/PS4/XBONE)

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Vludi

Re: Battle Garegga (ARC/SAT/PS4)

Post by Vludi »

Fantastic job, Eaglet!

B,049,310 - Vludi - All - Iron Mackerel

Barely got the B but still happy with it, a C will be a lot harder though.
chum

Post by chum »

Congratulations on the new forum record!
Eaglet

Post by Eaglet »

Thanks guys!
Gonna try to raise it a bit before the year is over. :)

Keres: I think you'll definitely be able to get there. Will try to jump in on one of your streams some time too.

Vludi: Good going! The C is within your grasp. 8)
How far do you think you want to take Wild Snail?
moozooh wrote:I think that approach won't get you far in Garegga.
Image Image
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Dear Eaglet,

Credit where credit is due.

You have once again proven that you are (by quite a large margin) the number one Battle Garegga player outside of Japan.

Amazing work, dude!

Yours sincerely,
Plasmo
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
Eaglet

Post by Eaglet »

:oops:

Thank you very much man.
Now get your ass over here sometime soon and we'll give the community something to write home about!
Image Image
Vludi

Post by Vludi »

Eaglet wrote:Vludi: Good going! The C is within your grasp. 8)
How far do you think you want to take Wild Snail?
Thanks! with a D as Wild Snail I'd be pretty satisfied, more than that seems unlikely but we'll see.
Vludi

Post by Vludi »

B,619,090 - Vludi - All - Bornnam (B)

First clear as Bornnam :)
WS.

Post by WS. »

PS4 Premium mode
Z,003,810 - WS. - ALL - Gain (C)
http://www.bilibili.com/video/av7772188/?tg
chempop

Post by chempop »

Awesome score WS. !!

I'm sorta getting the hang of it :P

PS4 Premium mode
I,854,030 - Chempop - ALL - Gain (C)
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
Eaglet

Post by Eaglet »

D,139,080 - ERM - COMPLETE - Grasshopper (ABC) - PCB

One more goal down.
Image Image
Vludi

Post by Vludi »

B,568,110 - Vludi - All - Wild Snail (B)

Terrible Stage 5 mid-bosses, would've been a C if not for that :(
Last edited by Vludi on Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ave

Post by ave »

This must have been discussed previously, but can someone brief me really quick why PS4 and SAT/PCB scores are not separated? I think PS4 has quite a major advantage with all the info displayed during the game.
THE ETERNAL
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

The reason is because noone has posted a PS4 score yet.
I like chocolate milk

Eaglet

Post by Eaglet »

Honestly, i don't think all of the visible info is that much of an advantage.
Anything displayed is already known so the only thing it really helps with is practice and routing. You still have to understand what does what in the game to play it efficiently.
If we were to separate PS4 scores we might as well separate MAME/PCB scores because you can practice with save states in MAME. :P
Image Image
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

I will open a separate table for people who have internet access since they can watch replays on the tube.

Please specify with your next score if you have had any access to the internet lately.

On a more serious note: I don't expect too many new score on the PS4 version which would justify new tables. If we get enough coming, we can talk again. Before that I will just mark the scores done on PS4. It's not a big advantage anyway as Eaglet has pointed out already.
Last edited by Plasmo on Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I like chocolate milk

Eaglet

Post by Eaglet »

:lol:
Why not open up categories for people with nearsightedness while you're at it?
Image Image
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

I think the biggest advantage PS4 players have is the boss health counter and timer. The rank graph is more useful for practice than it is during full runs (rank, being a long-term resource that takes a while to rear its head, is better managed through a relatively stable plan rather than on-the-fly, even with the info readily visible), and while the secret option formation item counters are nice to have, I don't think they'll change the way people play the game much. People can already see the items they drop; watching five options drop off the screen (to trigger search options) isn't that much different from watching the same thing in the PS4 interface, and people are still going to use predetermined plans to trigger things like the homing options after the turret wall in stage 6 for reliability's sake. The item drop order scrolls quickly enough that I don't think people are going to find much success if they rely on that to determine when an item will appear.

Boss health, however, varies invisibly and without the PS4 interface there's no way to know exactly how long a boss has until timeout or how many more shots it'll take to destroy except through practice and consistent play. This isn't a concern to top scorers since they're already used to their timings anyway, but knowing exactly when to place the bomb over Slayer's shrapnel just before BH1 without having to estimate your rank and count to 27 or 29 sets of Gain's swords, and being able to milk Satanic Surfer's missiles to the exact second without having to memorize the music or how many shots to fire at the core, is of significant use to the less experienced.

As of yet there aren't enough PS4 scores to warrant a split, but I think it's worth revisiting if people submit more PS4 scores.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Eaglet

Post by Eaglet »

I guess the way I'm reasoning is that if anyone gets a top-5 any-ship score on the PS4 version it's not going to be because of the gadgets...
Image Image
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Yeah I agree with that, it's not going to make much difference to the top players. It definitely doesn't raise the score ceiling that they've been pushing. What it does do is lower the barrier of entry for various scoring techniques such as milking to timeout, so you're more likely to see an effect at lower to middle levels of play.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
ave

Post by ave »

You have to be good to score good either way, but I think a boss timer and rank graph, "next item" display and "current items collected" is very useful to get people to a higher level and quicker. I would also think that top players will be able to reach an even higher score than before now that they have all the advanced stats readily available and can focus on other things more.

Overall the advantage may not be gigantic but it definitely skews the score to a certain extent. If this is giving the average player an average higher score of 250-500k in a 10m+ run due to easier milking and being more prepared for random medal drops, it means to ignore 25-50 easy medals in the PS4-version - just to illustrate.
THE ETERNAL
Eaglet

Post by Eaglet »

I don't know if that's going to make that much of a difference honestly.
I've had all of the necessary timings integrated since way over a year ago and i haven't been playing the game that much.
Image Image
Vludi

Post by Vludi »

C,446,800 - Vludi - All - Wild Snail (B)

aw yeah, pretty satisfied with this :D. Also one random Grasshopper clear, probably will work on an A later:

9,138,470 - Vludi - All - Grasshopper (ABC)
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

Very nice job!
ratikal

Post by ratikal »

C,796,000 - Ratikal - 7 - Bornnam (ABC)

Got this at MAGFest, maybe one cycle away from a D...
ave

Post by ave »

Quick question everyone... who do you think is the easiest character for a simple survival 1CC? I am experienced with the game and know what to do for scoring etc; but I always play with Gain and I feel that a 1CC is quite difficult with this character and the way he quickly jacks up the rank.
THE ETERNAL
SapphireDensetsu

Post by SapphireDensetsu »

ave wrote:Quick question everyone... who do you think is the easiest character for a simple survival 1CC? I am experienced with the game and know what to do for scoring etc; but I always play with Gain and I feel that a 1CC is quite difficult with this character and the way he quickly jacks up the rank.
From what I've heard, Bornham, Miyamoto, and Wild Snail are floated around as the usual choices for survival 1CC.
ratikal

Post by ratikal »

SapphireDensetsu wrote:
ave wrote:Quick question everyone... who do you think is the easiest character for a simple survival 1CC? I am experienced with the game and know what to do for scoring etc; but I always play with Gain and I feel that a 1CC is quite difficult with this character and the way he quickly jacks up the rank.
From what I've heard, Bornham, Miyamoto, and Wild Snail are floated around as the usual choices for survival 1CC.
Sapphire is pretty much right. It depends what you want your strengths to be. If you want a strong main shot, pick WS. If you want strong options plus strong passive score gain, pick Miyamoto. If you want a mixture of both plus a wide than normal shot, pick Bornnam.

I may be biased but I found it easiest to do a simple survival 1cc with Bornnam. His options are actually decently strong with homing, and his bomb allows you to easily do Madballs.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

It also depends on your preference for speed - Bornnam and Wild Snail are the two slowest ships, while Miyamoto is the fastest.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Vludi

Post by Vludi »

Between Bornnam and Wild Snail I prefer WS for survival. For the first 5 levels you barely need options because of the strong shot, you have an easy battle against Satanic Surfer, Nose Laughin 2, Black Heart 2 (generally dies before 3rd form descend) and no need to increase autofire until Junkey monkey, it just requires less skill to clear overall.
Vludi

Post by Vludi »

D,461,670 - Vludi - All - Gain (C)

That's a more proper Gain score.