MAJOR STRYKER (DOS PC, 1993 Apogee Software & uncredited)

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Ed Oscuro

MAJOR STRYKER (DOS PC, 1993 Apogee Software & uncredited)

Post by Ed Oscuro »

Duke Nukem's cousin on the front lines in outer space is back as freeware! Get his first (and latest) set of three episodic adventures here (click).

MAJOR STRYKER fights enemies that include talking masks and enemies edited out of the Psygnosis logo. With five levels of main ship shot that functions similarly to Star Soldier, the amazing bullet-clearing "zap bombs," and Fleet Admiral Yoshira's constant barrage of...quips, you'll be well-prepared to take revenge on the Kretons (pronounced "cretins") for a Pearl Harbor-in-space attack on Earth. Enemies include the famed Toaplan / Raiden style upward-pointing gatling gun turret tank and a noisy clip of Hudson yelling "GAME OVER, MAN"

I suggest playing "Novice" (which is actually Normal, one step above Easy) difficulty, but you're free to tackle Hard.

Highscore Thread Guidelines
Add your scores so I can be arsed to make proper highscore lists!

Highscore format guidelines
MAJOR STRYKER does not save the shoot-down and pilot saving percentages on its highscore table, but the cumulative amount is shown before name entry. The game also doesn't record continues from saving, or give a bonus for lives left (that I can see), etc., but if you want to note these you may. Also, the game has temporary rapid fire and saves (including score) after each level, so if you make use of external autofire or the saves, you should note that too. Example highscore format:

Difficulty - Mission - Full name (i.e. EdOscuro, total 12 characters, including Space [ ] and period [.]) - Initials - Mission total Score - Kill Ratio - Men Saved - free mans left - zap bombs left - external autofire? - used saves?

i.e.:

Novice - Mission 3 - EdHerdmanO.o - EAH - 1,295,820 - 64% - 95% - 11 - n/a - none - none