PatriotDark

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
LtC

Post by LtC »

Easy (1.0b):
Ltc - 128,841,200 - ALL - Type-A2 (Suika-B)

Normal (1.0b):
Ltc - 142,976,410 - ALL - Type-A2 (Suika-B)

Hard (1.0b):
Ltc - 201,450,370 - ALL - Type-A2 (Suika-B)

Replays

This 1.0b version is so much easier and you get lots more score. 200M extend is now changed to 150M.

Also Aru-San: You should put the download link for the full version in the first post now as well.
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

Got the 1cc now. extra mode seems to be a lot of fun.. sadly a suicide chopper got the first kill on me after I had dodged bullets like an hero :lol:

Normal(1.0b):
Zaarock - 79,787,428 - ALL - Type-A (Suika) - third 1cc get
(replace ZAA with this, sorry for the name changing)

replay
Aru-san

Post by Aru-san »

Updated the scores.

Please tell me if I made any mistakes. I sort of did all of this editing at school. :o
[ Wonder Force IV -sorry Frenetic :c- ]
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

Er, my score should be above Ravid's, I think thats all :P
LtC

Post by LtC »

Ruldra's score is 1.0b as well. I think only the scores I posted are from 1.0a. Rest of the scores should be 1.0 version.

Extra (1.0b):
Ltc - 334,310,350 - ALL - Type-A2 (Suika-B)
So much easier to clear Extra now, so many mistakes and so much more score (:

Extra2:
Ltc - 312,906,970 - 5 - Type-A2 (Suika-B)
This mode is actually really much fun. The suicide bullets have an extra stream aimed at you consisting of different speed bullets, you actually have to be dodging them all the time now even if you're holding laser. Almost made it to the fifth boss this run.
Propably going to try more later.
z0mbie90

Post by z0mbie90 »

Easy Mode
z0mbie90 - 246,249,70 - Stage 4 - Type-B (moruten)

[/img]
Aru-san

Post by Aru-san »

z0mbie90, I'm not sure if that's a typo, but I fixed your score for the high score list.

Updated the list again. Easy list is now full!
With all of these updates and all of these modes, things are starting to get rather confusing. I REALLY got to start playing this game again because it's been a while since I've played.

Again, let me know if there are still any mistakes...or any questions about my system of listing scores.
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

Extra(1.0b):

Zaarock - 112,474,620 - Stage 3 - Type-A2 (Suika-B)

replay: http://www.box.net/shared/qalt9sczbm
Any tips would be nice, I feel sort of lost as to where improve apart from portals, chain sequences, boss strategies and of course improving my twitch skills :?
Aru-san

Post by Aru-san »

Zaarock wrote: Any tips would be nice, I feel sort of lost as to where improve apart from portals, chain sequences, boss strategies and of course improving my twitch skills :?
You can bomb. Bombing, AFAIK, doesn't even touch the scoring system. Use it when you feel that 1) you might die and/or 2) you're low on Gain-turning energy and need a quick refill.
LtC

Post by LtC »

Zaarock wrote:Extra(1.0b):

Zaarock - 112,474,620 - Stage 3 - Type-A2 (Suika-B)

replay: http://www.box.net/shared/qalt9sczbm
Any tips would be nice, I feel sort of lost as to where improve apart from portals, chain sequences, boss strategies and of course improving my twitch skills :?
-it's important to keep the crystal meter full at all times. If you keep it at low level/red the amount you get from gains is far less than full bar. So you don't want to laser too many enemies at once.

-Don't go for kill on the big machines at stage 3 right away, kill the smaller planes first. You don't have to stop shooting, just don't focus on the big crafts. it's better for chain and survival, not to mention that if you kill them later it causes more explosions = more suicide bullets = more points.

-If you're in a situation where you have to dodge the suicide bullets be sure not to move during the explosions, that way you can tell which point the suicide bullets are aimed and it's easy to dodge them. Don't do this on Extra2 though, you have to be moving during explosions or you're dead in half a sec.

-Get the extend from the 3rd midboss, on Suika-B you should stay in either corner and since all the attacks are aimed during the second phase you only need to tap once after every wave. You should be careful though since the boss can surprise you from time to time. With one more extend it should be a lot easier to reach the 150M extend.

-Portals aren't that important scorewise in extra mode, only get them if you have the spare time to do so.
-Bombs. There are some places where you absolutely should bomb if you're playing for score.
1) First is during the 3rd midboss (Your crystal meter will deplete during the bossfight if you don't or at least go very low), I usually bomb here right before or start of the second phase.
2) 3rd boss second attack: kill as many slave ships as possible during this attack, your crystal meter should be nearly depleted. You should use a bomb here before this attack dies, this way you will have a full crystal meter during and after the attack.
3) Fourth boss after it moves down: After killing couple slaves your crystal meter should be pretty low, use bomb to refill it. Also greatly helps for survival.
4) Stage 5 second misboss (st3 midboss): Use the bomb at point blank range to the boss, it will die a lot faster this way and you have lots of time to get both of the portals and also make extra copter spawn and be sure to keep your chain.
5) Stage 5 third midboss (st2 midboss) use bomb at point blank range after it shoots the bigger waves. This way you spawn 2 additional big tanks/keep your chain/have your crystal meter full even after killing the midboss.
Also there are lots of situations where you might want to bomb when your meter goes low.
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

Extra:
SFKhoa - 213,117,880 - ALL B - Moruten.
z0mbie90

Post by z0mbie90 »

Normal Mode

z0mbie90 - 31,373,820 - Stage 3 - Type-B (Moruten) - Stupid boss bullet :(

Change that score to.

z0mbie90 - 35,474,170 - Stage 4 - Type-B (moruten)

It was a better run
Last edited by z0mbie90 on Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LtC

Post by LtC »

Easy (1.0b):
Ltc - 136,036,830 - ALL - Type-A2 (Suika-B)
Normal (1.0b):
Ltc - 158,921,460 - ALL - Type-A2 (Suika-B)
Both Easy and Normal runs were pretty good even though there were some stupid deaths in both of them. I don't think I'll go for higher anymore there, and propably any other mode either for now.

Extra2:
Ltc - 348,499,800 - ALL - Type-A2 (Suika-B)
This went down easier than I thought it would. 5th run past stage 3, I even lost 2 lives in stage 2 but I did better later on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qTMMoclXaY <- Video from stages 3 and 5 if someone wants to see what Extra2 plays like.

Also here are the Replays for all the runs (including Hard/Extra runs)

@Aru-San: Yeah Extra2 is only 1.0b. I think it's unlocked by 1cc'ing extra but I'm not 100% sure since I had it unlocked with my old savefile but I didn't have neither of the alternative ships unlocked. Maybe SFKhoa can confirm.

And I never realized before but if you use a retry stage 2 or later it brings you back to the beginning of the stage you were on with the lives/bombs/score you had before and if you continue there it also saves your score/replay. Like you were playing practise mode and then adding up all the scores from your stage bests separetely. Pretty odd and I guess it's propably a bug, I seriously doubt it was meant that way.
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

Yeah, I 1CC'd Extra Mode and it got me access to Extra2.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Dale-Extra-118,808,000-Stage 4-MorutenB
I did great so much water and milk that I threw up when I was little.
Aru-san

Post by Aru-san »

Updated the scoreboard. I should probably put up my crappy EASY mode run on this thing; I've REALLY been off of my game since the whole shareware/freeware dispute.
Aru-san wrote:
Ravid wrote:This is a really cool game and we NEED MORE SCORES
Seconded. It'll come eventually...I hope.
And it did. :wink:
Dale

Post by Dale »

Dale-Extra-132,807,630-Moroten-4
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

Wow, thats a lot of extra scores with moruten. How are you guys using it? I was having trouble with its laser running out because it aims at everything so fast, and as a result scoring going pretty bad too. I got a decent run with moruten-b once but that was mostly due to surviving pretty far (I think moruten-b has pretty strong weapons?)
LtC

Post by LtC »

Zaarock wrote:Wow, thats a lot of extra scores with moruten. How are you guys using it? I was having trouble with its laser running out because it aims at everything so fast, and as a result scoring going pretty bad too. I got a decent run with moruten-b once but that was mostly due to surviving pretty far (I think moruten-b has pretty strong weapons?)
It's pretty tricky to play Moruten well for score. You'll have to stop your laser in advance before actually canceling anything when targeting popcorn. Thing with Moruten is that the rapid fire shot is more powerful than Suika's but the laser is weaker. Between Moruten-b and a there isn't any difference between power, same with suikas. Moruten-B just aims usually into single target unlike a type.
And one thing about MorutenA is that getting the extend from stage3 midboss is really hard compared to other types.

When it comes to survival I'd say
MorutenA~SuikaB>SuikaA>MorutenB

And scoring
SuikaA>SuikaB>MorutenB>MorutenA

Not exactly sure why but always when I play SuikaA I get few million more per stage compared to B type.

btw aru-san: You missed my normal score :wink:
Aru-san

Post by Aru-san »

LtC wrote:
Zaarock wrote:Wow, thats a lot of extra scores with moruten. How are you guys using it? I was having trouble with its laser running out because it aims at everything so fast, and as a result scoring going pretty bad too. I got a decent run with moruten-b once but that was mostly due to surviving pretty far (I think moruten-b has pretty strong weapons?)
It's pretty tricky to play Moruten well for score. You'll have to stop your laser in advance before actually canceling anything when targeting popcorn. Thing with Moruten is that the rapid fire shot is more powerful than Suika's but the laser is weaker. Between Moruten-b and a there isn't any difference between power, same with suikas. Moruten-B just aims usually into single target unlike a type.
And one thing about MorutenA is that getting the extend from stage3 midboss is really hard compared to other types.

When it comes to survival I'd say
MorutenA‾SuikaB>SuikaA>MorutenB

And scoring
SuikaA>SuikaB>MorutenB>MorutenA

Not exactly sure why but always when I play SuikaA I get few million more per stage compared to B type.

btw aru-san: You missed my normal score :wink:
Updated. Sorry about that. :?
Ravid

Post by Ravid »

Hard (1.0b):
Ravid - 118,696,080 - 5 - Type-A1
Extra2 (1.0b):
Ravid - 92,241,460 - 3 - Type-A1

First try on extra2. btw, I'm fairly sure I've never 1cc'd extra mode; when I downloaded v1.0b extra2 was unlocked already (I had previously unlocked A2 and extra).
Aru-san

Post by Aru-san »

Scores updated. Welcome back to the scoreboards, Ravid!
Dale

Post by Dale »

Dale-144,919,640-Moretin-4-Extra

I usually get the smallest little bit of blue then switch and use the popcorns as panic bombs. In extra you can get massive amounts of green even from killing the popcorns that aren't shooting the bulk of the bullets.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Dale-138,107,880-Moretin-Extra2-4

These suicide bullets mean business. Apparently you can credit feed and unlock extra2.

Edit:Has this game been out long enough to put on my top 25? I played the beta in and out too so I probably have more then 15 hours in this game. I haven't had this much visceral fun in a danmuku shmup in awhile.
Aru-san

Post by Aru-san »

Dale wrote:Dale-138,107,880-Moretin-Extra2-4

These suicide bullets mean business. Apparently you can credit feed and unlock extra2.

Edit:Has this game been out long enough to put on my top 25? I played the beta in and out too so I probably have more then 15 hours in this game. I haven't had this much visceral fun in a danmuku shmup in awhile.
It's almost been about a year, I think, since this game was released. I remember back when it was just a li'l 1-level demo....

Scores updated.
Ravid

Post by Ravid »

Hard (1.0b):
Ravid - 132,400,470 - 5 - Type-A
Normal (1.0b):
Ravid - 102,246,480 - ALL - Type-A
Dale

Post by Dale »

Dale-158,361,110-Extra1-Moreten-5
Dale-144,212,030-Extra2-Moreten-4
Ravid

Post by Ravid »

Hard (1.0b):
Ravid - 172,906,080 - 5 - Type-A

Would have had it if I hadn't lost a life with full bomb stock on the TLB :x that thing takes so much longer to kill with type A1
LtC

Post by LtC »

Ravid wrote:Hard (1.0b):

Would have had it if I hadn't lost a life with full bomb stock on the TLB :x that thing takes so much longer to kill with type A1
That's what I thought as well but I noticed that the TLB's shield goes down the moment your bomb stops. A1 is invulnerable still for a while even after your bomb is down while A2's bomb is still active after your invulnerability is down. Though A1 has a lot tougher job following the boss to keep it on line of fire.
Ravid

Post by Ravid »

LtC wrote:
Ravid wrote:Hard (1.0b):

That's what I thought as well but I noticed that the TLB's shield goes down the moment your bomb stops. A1 is invulnerable still for a while even after your bomb is down while A2's bomb is still active after your invulnerability is down. Though A1 has a lot tougher job following the boss to keep it on line of fire.
Hmm... it did seem to be going down quicker than I expected, I guess that would explain it. Are you going to play this again when I beat your score? :P