PatriotDark

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
spongdangly

Post by spongdangly »

Easy:
spongdangly - 55,641,600 - Stage 5 - Type-A (Suika)

Normal:
spongdangly - 51,963,660 - Stage 5 - Type-A (Suika)

I was so close to 1CCing on easy, the boss only had about 20% of it's life left. Oh well, I guess it'll happen soon enough.
Aru-san

Post by Aru-san »

We need more Hard and Extra scores here. I'm still trying to beat my last high score of 100 million points on Extra. So far, I can't even beat the third boss yet, and scoring wise, I'm no good at anything below Hard (I'm getting OWNED at the Normal board right now).
[ Wonder Force IV -sorry Frenetic :c- ]
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Aru-san wrote:We need more Extra scores here.
Okay.

EXTRA (DEMO)
Icarus - 124,122,140 - ALL D - Suika-A

Noting the ship used as Suika-A, since there's two variants of each ship available. Did quite well here until a double fumble in the middle portion of stage3. A good target for me is around 150mil with a close-to No Miss, as I can usually fully chain all three demo stages.

Not really playing this at the moment (STGT preparation and Subterranean Animism taking up my time), but might return at some point.
Observer

Post by Observer »

A quick review to archive.org shows they appeared it C73 and I recall seeing something about C74...

The full game is lurking in the recent C74 torrents but I don't see it for sale in any of the online doujinshops so maybe it was a convention-only release? (and then they'll distribute it through their site?))

I got the full one courtesy of spongdangly but I couldn't get nowhere near a decent score. I'll post back when I get something.

Also, is it my impression or:

1) The hitbox is missing when you focus
2) There is nowhere near as much slowdown as the demo
3) Did the boss at stage 3 got a bit easier? (I remember having heaps of troubles with it)

Extra mode is over the top. As soon as I can 1cc it at least in easy I'll go straight for the madness.

edit: multiple edits. It's not my day...
NOW REACHES THE FATAL ATTRACTION BE DESCRIBED AS "HELLSINKER". DECIDE DESTINATION.
Aru-san

Post by Aru-san »

Observer wrote:A quick review to archive.org shows they appeared it C73 and I recall seeing something about C74...

The full game is lurking in the recent C74 torrents but I don't see it for sale in any of the online doujinshops so maybe it was a convention-only release? (and then they'll distribute it through their site?))

I got the full one courtesy of spongdangly but I couldn't get nowhere near a decent score. I'll post back when I get something.

Also, is it my impression or:

1) The hitbox is missing when you focus
2) There is nowhere near as much slowdown as the demo
3) Did the boss at stage 3 got a bit easier? (I remember having heaps of troubles with it)

Extra mode is over the top. As soon as I can 1cc it at least in easy I'll go straight for the madness.

edit: multiple edits. It's not my day...
Ah, so is it safe to call this game Shareware?

Also, yes, I did notice a jump in difficulty compared to the last version, but this version feels a bit more polished, to say the least. I noticed this jump because when I fought against the 2nd mid-boss, I wasn't able to dodge the charge attack a lot like last time.

I'm thinking of making all 4 lists top 8 players only with some optional comments.

Nevermind. Comments can fit on the current high score list just fine.
spongdangly

Post by spongdangly »

Hard:
spongdangly - 40,371,930 - Stage 3 - Type-A (Suika) - Fuck this is hard
Observer

Post by Observer »

As promised, here I finally arrive with a score. Sucky score but at least is something =P

I don't know why they call it 'easy'. Errm, graze seems to be definitely gone. Pity because I liked the Touhouesque feeling it gave.

I ALMOST beat that damn final boss. So close. I even got the second extend. Argh.

Easy:
Observer - 45,407,530 - Stage 5 - Type-B (Moruten)

Comment: It's not easy...
NOW REACHES THE FATAL ATTRACTION BE DESCRIBED AS "HELLSINKER". DECIDE DESTINATION.
lgb

Post by lgb »

Now that there's a new version within reach, I may as well throw my terrible Easy score down. Never really bothered with the other modes. I'm not entirely fond of playing demos unless they're techdemos, like Crymson Blade. Someone really needs to finish that game...

Easy Mode: LGB - 27.121.000 - ALL D - Moruten-A

I have a Suika-A score, but I never took another ALL attempt to try chaining bosses, so it's 20.402.640. I think I died somewhere in stage 3. Need to go finish that. I LIKE this game's pacing.

Need to get that full stage 3 combo and figure out how to chain those tanks at the end of stage 1. The game changes with this full version, though! I'm interested.
Observer

Post by Observer »

Updates, guys, Temperance Lance site is working (kinda) again.

They released a 1.0a update for the C74 version (which had the outrageously great print run of 100 copies that sold out brutally fast!)

Copy-paste from the entry:

えー、おはようございます
鳥野です

まずは、C74に参加された皆様、お疲れさまです
パトリオットダークは無事、完売いたしました
スペースに足を運んでいただいてありがとうございました

さて、先日から確認してはいたのですが、
コミケ後の18日の午後くらいからサークル・テンパランスランスのHPにつながらない状況が続いておりました

原因の方はお借りしていたサーバーのほうがお亡くなりになったというものでして
電源が入らないそうです
ので、サーバー、およびHPが復旧するまでにすこし時間がかかるかもしれません

すでに、C74で配布したパトリオットダークのバグ報告なども頂いており
パッチ公開の用意もしていたのですが、HPの方がこうなってしまって
大変ご迷惑をおかけすることになってしまい申し訳ありません
(2008/8/20)

■復旧
本日13時ごろ、一時的にサーバーが復旧しましたので
HPの仮復活とパッチの公開を行いたいと思います

PatriotDark 1.0a DL

主な変更点は以下の通りです
 4面normal, hardに、必要なオブジェクトが出現していないのを修正
 自機あたり判定の表示on, offを追加
 かすりエフェクトのon, offを追加
 5面ボスの追加および修正,また関係する曲の更新

更新がおそくなりまして、ご迷惑をおかけしてしまいました
申し訳ありませんでした
(2008/8/24)

Translation from Google-o-horror:

Well, good morning
Wild birds.

First, C74 everyone to participate in the making.
Patriot dark is safe, we sold out
Foot space to carry Thank you

Now, the recently confirmed that he was from, but
Zero no Tsukaima after 18 pm from around the circle of HP TENPARANSURANSU situation is still not lead to the villa

The rent is the cause of the server it passed away because of what it could
I will not take power.
Because the server, and HP is restored before this could take some time

Already, C74 Dark Patriot distribution of the bug, and also receive
Public patches were available but also, HP have had to go this way
We apologize for any inconvenience it has no Sorry
(2008/8/20)

■ recovery
13 a.m. today, temporarily, so the server is restored.
HP's resurgence and temporary patches, and I want to be published

PatriotDark 1.0a DL

Major changes are as follows.
4 normal, hard, but the emergence of the need not object to fix
Per-view self-determination on, off to add
Effects of grazing on, off to add
5 boss additions and corrections and updates related to the song

OSOKU NARIMASHI update your frustration on my
Sorry was
(2008/8/24)

---------

Seems the game had some bugs and released a patch for it. Still no clues if the game is freeware or not since there is no download link to the full version (the one available is the C73 version).

However, I am seeing no price, no sale information nor the usual online stores everyone use (Toranoana, White Canvas, Melonbooks, Doujinshop/Messe-Sanoh, D-Stage, etc.) so I guess that we'll still be in the mist till they fully restore the site and add a new entry... or till someone who knows japanese can mail them and ask.

edit: grazing and the hitbox are back! hell yeah.
lgb

Post by lgb »

Ah, I was just about to mention that. Guess there is a hitbox and grazing after all.

Changes:

-You can't scratch bullets (for minor point increases) anymore, unless you set up an option that allows you to do so.
-You can't see your hitbox while you use the power weapon, unless you set up an option that allows you to do so.
-The bar at the bottom has a very slight flash to it.
-There's a retry option on the pause screen.

And I think the aformentioned bar decreases less by using the power weapon to destroy things, or at least compared to the demo version.
bob

Post by bob »

I really love that game.
Nearly perfect level 1 (at least I think so ^^).
Pretty sucky level 2. Died twice at the midboss (damn!) and couldn't recover from that shock.
Will have to practive lvl 2 a little bit longer.

Normal:
bob | 18,916,990 | 2 | Type-A (Suika)
LtC

Post by LtC »

So, do we know if it's freeware or not now? I had this game before and 1cc'd it on normal with the non-spread shot type ship but I don't have the replay for it anymore so I'd love to try this madness again.

Funnily, back at october when I made that run I didn't even know what the combo meant so I just ignored it, might actually be interesting to play with knowing the scoring mechanics...
bob

Post by bob »

So, do we know if it's freeware or not now?
I don't think that there are any news. I wouldn't mind paying for this awesome game! But no news on where/when to buy it either :(
Aru-san

Post by Aru-san »

LtC wrote:Funnily, back at october when I made that run I didn't even know what the combo meant so I just ignored it, might actually be interesting to play with knowing the scoring mechanics...
COMPILED SCORING TIPS

Code: Select all

+ Don't die. (Gains will be halved, which will affect your end-of-stage bonus GAIN-wise and REMAINING SHIP-wise)
+ DoDonPachi. (Chain in-stage and earn a huge point bonus at the end)
+ Discovered the Micl--er, Portal. (Find portals, uncover them, and lead bullets through them for more gains)
+ Espgaluda. (Build up a meter (usually by point-blanking) and cancel bullets to turn into gains. Make sure to cancel bullets with some meter filled or else you're screwing yourself)
Utilizing all of these scoring techniques is essential to getting a good score. Also, BOMB IF NECESSARY. You're not penalized for using bombs, so fire off one if you feel that you need to.
P_HAT

Post by P_HAT »

is there a way to run this game in 640x480? X(
LtC

Post by LtC »

Aru-san wrote:
LtC wrote:Funnily, back at october when I made that run I didn't even know what the combo meant so I just ignored it, might actually be interesting to play with knowing the scoring mechanics...
COMPILED SCORING TIPS

Code: Select all

+ Don't die. (Gains will be halved, which will affect your end-of-stage bonus GAIN-wise and REMAINING SHIP-wise)
+ DoDonPachi. (Chain in-stage and earn a huge point bonus at the end)
+ Discovered the Micl--er, Portal. (Find portals, uncover them, and lead bullets through them for more gains)
+ Espgaluda. (Build up a meter (usually by point-blanking) and cancel bullets to turn into gains. Make sure to cancel bullets with some meter filled or else you're screwing yourself)
Utilizing all of these scoring techniques is essential to getting a good score. Also, BOMB IF NECESSARY. You're not penalized for using bombs, so fire off one if you feel that you need to.
Now I'm confused. Portals? build up meter? :(

Anyways I managed to dig up the full version again from my older computer and it's now actually more enjoyable that I've played more games since back at when I 1cc'd this in october I hadn't ever even played a single non-PC shmup (if you don't count R-type DX for GBC). My old 1cc score was a little over 50M with Suika.

I made another run now after a while of not playing it, died once stage 2 and stage 3 but did better later on. Ended up getting buttraped by the final boss first phase without extra lives left.

Normal:
Ltc - 64,259,970 - Stage 5 - Type-A (Suika)

EDIT: 2 more runs:

Normal:
Ltc - 71,335,720 - Stage 5 - Type-A (Suika)
Normal:
Ltc - 65,335,720 - ALL - Type-A (Suika)
The hilarious part here is that I died when the second phase of the final boss had literally no visible health left but with 1 life in stock at that point I cleared with that shame.

Aru-san: I'd appreciate if you used my ALL CLEAR score as the one written in the high score table instead of the 71,3 million run since I personally rate 1cc higher than that 6 million and I won't be any higher in the score tables anyway ;) The other run is posted only because of ego reasons so you can simply ignore it.
Aru-san

Post by Aru-san »

LtC wrote: Now I'm confused. Portals? build up meter? :(

Anyways I managed to dig up the full version again from my older computer and it's now actually more enjoyable that I've played more games since back at when I 1cc'd this in october I hadn't ever even played a single non-PC shmup (if you don't count R-type DX for GBC). My old 1cc score was a little over 50M with Suika.

I made another run now after a while of not playing it, died once stage 2 and stage 3 but did better later on. Ended up getting buttraped by the final boss first phase without extra lives left.

Normal:
Ltc - 64,259,970 - Stage 5 - Type-A (Suika)

EDIT: 2 more runs:

Normal:
Ltc - 71,335,720 - Stage 5 - Type-A (Suika)
Normal:
Ltc - 65,335,720 - ALL - Type-A (Suika)
The hilarious part here is that I died when the second phase of the final boss had literally no visible health left but with 1 life in stock at that point I cleared with that shame.

Aru-san: I'd appreciate if you used my ALL CLEAR score as the one written in the high score table instead of the 71,3 million run since I personally rate 1cc higher than that 6 million and I won't be any higher in the score tables anyway ;) The other run is posted only because of ego reasons so you can simply ignore it.
Portal - If you go to a certain position on the stage and you see orbs spinning around, it means there is a portal there. Hover over it long enough to complete the portal and then lure bullets through it to earn gains.

Fill up a meter - There's a meter at the bottom-left of the game screen. It decreases when you use your laser attack to kill an enemy and cancel enemy bullets. It increases a la Espgaluda.
bob

Post by bob »

Can you say how many portals there are in each level?
I found 3 in level 1 and 3 in level 2 as well.

You don't have to tell me where they are :D But knowing if I found all portals or if I have to keep looking would be very cool!
Thanks!
LtC

Post by LtC »

Normal:
Ltc - 85,840,010 - ALL - Type-A2 (Suika-B)

EDIT:
Hard - 100,606,250 - Stage 5- Type-A2 (Suika-B)
Easy - 85,344,130 - ALL - Type-A2 (Suika-B)

1cc'd with Type-B Suika and improved my old score a little. By the way my old scores were played on the 1.0 version while this run was played on 1.0a which has some parts that are different which affect difficulty and scoring. I'd say 1.0a is harder to 1cc but has some extra score you can get.

This game is a lot more fun than I remembered and it needs lots more attention it deserves ;).
LtC

Post by LtC »

Normal:
Ltc - 97,168,670 - ALL - Type-B (Moruten-A)

1cc'd with Moruten and improved score. Over 75M after stage 3 and almost 90M after stage 4. I no-missed all the way to stage 5 but after that it didn't go as well...

Replay + Save file that unlocks Extra and both unlockable shot types if anyone wants:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jkgzw1k2hzn

Also:
-To get the extend from the stage 3 midboss you have to kill all the slaves in the second attack, you can die and bomb as much as you like as long as you kill all the slaves before the midboss moves to third phase.
-To unlock the A2 and B2 shot types you have to 1cc on Normal difficulty with the corresponding craft to unlock them. You don't have to 1cc extra in the full version for them.
-In Extra and Hard difficulties you will face a TLB, you can credit feed the game or just go to stage practice to face it.
If you beat the true last boss with 1 credit it will go to one more phase that is a lot harder than the previous ones. Also you won't be able to damage it when you use bombs.

EDIT:
Extra:
Ltc - 149,842,080 - Stage 5 - Type-A2 (Suika-B)

Gave extra a go, will propably try to get a better score later

EDIT 2 (Fri Mar 13):
Extra:
Ltc - 169,883,260 - Stage 5 - Type-A2 (Suika-B)

Another run, made it to the 5th boss this time and almost to the second phase of it. Really bad scoring from stage 3 onwards though.
LaserGun

Post by LaserGun »

I'm surprised this game isn't being played by a lot of people, it's basically KetsuiPachi and this forum has a huge hard on for both games.

Also I need someone to give me the patch please, the download link isn't working for me.
LtC

Post by LtC »

LaserGun wrote:I'm surprised this game isn't being played by a lot of people, it's basically KetsuiPachi and this forum has a huge hard on for both games.

Also I need someone to give me the patch please, the download link isn't working for me.
Thing is that you can't seem to be able to buy it anywhere and noone knows if it's freeware or not. :(

For patch: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tnmznyinnhn
Let me know if it doesn't work.

Also, new easy score:
Easy:
Ltc - 107,855,810 - ALL - Type-A2 (Suika-B)

I fucked up severly during the fourth boss and died and bombed 2 times after it for no good reason. I managed to get a full chain of stage 5 including all phases of the boss and no miss it though. All stages fully chained, not ideal scoring though. ~72M after stage 3. I still don't know where most of the portals are so there's few million lost on that
LtC

Post by LtC »

Made few more runs

Extra:
Ltc - 210,231,150 - Stage 5 - Type-A2 (Suika-B)

Almost made it to the TLB, it's scary I got so close to clear when I played so bad this run.

Also: At 200M you will recieve an extend. Great help in Extra mode, I never realized you can get this extend before.

Normal:
Ltc - 109,275,150 - ALL - Type-A2 (Suika-B)
LtC

Post by LtC »

Extra:
Ltc - 232,044,490 - Stage 5 - Type-A2 (Suika-B)

So close to clear :(

LtC

Post by LtC »

Extra:
Ltc - 232,356,400 - ALL - Type-A2 (Suika-B)

Finally an ALL clear. This is my 4th highest score run while my highest is bit over 240M, I don't feel like submitting that one though since I didn't clear.

My extra run videos can be found here:
Stage 1
Stage 2
Stage 3
Stage 4
Stage 5
Observer

Post by Observer »

Good news, guys, it seems Temperance Lance released Patriot Dark as a freeware "Web" version. I checked the zip and seems to be the full thing but I also detected some commentary about a re-release for C76 or something like that?

Hope someone can properly translate the text?
LtC

Post by LtC »

Nice. Thanks for the info.

The version of the game you can download on the site is 1.0b (New patch)
Seems like there's a mode called Extra2 now. This shit is so ridiculously much harder than extra I wonder if it's supposed to be even beatable, haha.
Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

I got this "Web" version and played it once to try it out.

Normal:
Ruldra - 43,299,190 - ALL - Type B (Moruten) - Cleared on my first attempt lolz

I have the replay here if anyone is interested.
[Youtube | 1cc list | Steam]
mastermx wrote:
xorthen wrote:You guys are some hardcore MOFOs and masochists.
This is the biggest compliment you can give to people on this forum.
LtC

Post by LtC »

The old save that I have doesn't unlock Suika-B and Moruten-B anymore so I played another normal run on Suika-A.

As for the changes:
-You seem to be getting a little more score (?). Might be because of some changes in stage 5.
-The game looks a lot smoother than what it did before for me. Also you can add additional 'optical effects' from the menu now.
-Stage 5 boss first form attacks are easier now, however safespots in the corners don't seem to work anymore.
-Stage 5 and True Last Boss all forms have noticably less health making them much easier since you don't have to face the hardest patterns anymore
-True Last Boss second form seems to have one different attack, hard to tell if it's easier than what it was before.
-Additional slowdown, at least in 5th boss last attack.
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

Normal:
ZAA - 61,928,550 - Stage 5 - TYPE A (Suika)

got this on my first time getting to level 4. I stupidly went to the edge of the screen on level 5 bosses second attack I think, should have seen the pretty obvious trap :?

Pretty much didnt get any of the portals... 3 maybe.