R-type

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
MJR

Re: R-type

Post by MJR »

Great score! Updated.

Sorry for the delay, I was away from home for a while. Happens in summertime.
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

M.Knight - 83,500 - 2 - ShmupMAME v4.2
Spoiler
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
MJR

Post by MJR »

Updated!

M.Knight? I really wish you were the Hoff :D
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

I may not be the real Knight Rider, but I am still a fan~ :)
Thanks for updating the score table!
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
MJR

Post by MJR »

Youre welcome! :D
(I also need to have the last post to get the email update when new posts are made)
Klatrymadon

Post by Klatrymadon »

Klatrymadon - 844,600 - 14 - MAMEUI64 0.177

Replay

Just popping this here to push myself to keep going. I've had so many failed attempts at recording a 2-ALL at this point that I'm about to give up in despair. Something stupid has gone wrong every time. :lol:

(I've managed it on PS1 but with a lower score. Hoping to break 1m, which seems doable given that this 840k run still had stage 2-7 to go...)
MJR

Post by MJR »

Klatrymadon wrote:Klatrymadon - 844,600 - 14 - MAMEUI64 0.177

Replay

Just popping this here to push myself to keep going. I've had so many failed attempts at recording a 2-ALL at this point that I'm about to give up in despair. Something stupid has gone wrong every time. :lol:

(I've managed it on PS1 but with a lower score. Hoping to break 1m, which seems doable given that this 840k run still had stage 2-7 to go...)
Updated. If nothing else, you did beat my entry! I feel like trying to claim back my entry #12 :D
For some reason, the playstation version is more difficult than the arcade version. I suspect this is because of the slightly faster framerate.
Klatrymadon

Post by Klatrymadon »

Thanks! Yeah, I believe the game originally ran at 55hz rather than 60. Once you have figured out your routes, though, the slightly faster bullet speeds etc shouldn't make too much of a difference. It's mostly my own mistakes keeping me from the ALL at this point!
MJR

Post by MJR »

Klatrymadon wrote:Thanks! Yeah, I believe the game originally ran at 55hz rather than 60. Once you have figured out your routes, though, the slightly faster bullet speeds etc shouldn't make too much of a difference. It's mostly my own mistakes keeping me from the ALL at this point!
closer to 57hz actually. But yeah.

(I need to have the last post, otherwise I wont get the email alert for new posts!) :D
Klatrymadon

Post by Klatrymadon »

Klatrymadon - 911,500 - 15 - PSX

Best score yet, but another failed 2-ALL. This time I made a critical misjudgement - deciding to play it safe and not dip into the pit at the end of 2-7 to take out all the blue guys, and having this massively backfire as they all followed me to the right and rained rockets down on me just as I thought I was home free. :lol:

Edit: grainy attract/demo pic. I've just watched a video by Vludi in which they dealt with the same section the same way, so maybe I just shouldn't have panicked!
MJR

Post by MJR »

updated!
Klatrymadon

Post by Klatrymadon »

Thanks, MJR!

I'm trying to push the score up a bit on the PSX version, but for the time being I'm really happy with this current PB, which I managed to capture with OBS, if anyone fancies watching. It's a no-miss (though full of near-misses).

Klatrymadon - 1,071,800 - ALL - Shmupmame 4.2

Loop 1
Loop 2
Last edited by Klatrymadon on Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MJR

Post by MJR »

Well done, I never managed 2-ALL myself, not even though I have the PCB.

Updated
DenT4F

Post by DenT4F »

DenT4F - 862,600 - 12 - ShmupMame v4.2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmp1xFjOlSw

My scoring strat was to milk stage 3 with all my early lives because stage 7 milk is too tough for me.
MJR

Post by MJR »

DenT4F wrote:DenT4F - 862,600 - 12 - ShmupMame v4.2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmp1xFjOlSw

My scoring strat was to milk stage 3 with all my early lives because stage 7 milk is too tough for me.
You beat me!

I could never in my life even get past Stage 13, if the boss one-shots you there, you are pretty much done for. Maybe I should watch some superplays some day and get to it.

Updated.
MJR

Post by MJR »

I finally decided to remove Perikles score entry, as he hasn't returned on boards since the incident, and everything seems to point on the direction that his entries should be removed. Yeah, I was "bit slow" but it's done.
EVN

Post by EVN »

EVN - 648,200 - 11 - PCB/M72 multi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm6Kcp86kTg
MJR

Post by MJR »

Updated!