R-type

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
thepeaguy

Post by thepeaguy »

MJR wrote:I think all you need to do in ST6 is just to shoot the orb into the nest; accompanied with one full beam, then just fire at it whenever it opens. It should blast off on 4th opening.

I get killed constantly on the stage13 boss (loop 2 level 5); it's just too fast.
I believe that you were referring to Bydo, the final boss, on stage 8.
MJR

Post by MJR »

thepeaguy wrote:
MJR wrote:I think all you need to do in ST6 is just to shoot the orb into the nest; accompanied with one full beam, then just fire at it whenever it opens. It should blast off on 4th opening.

I get killed constantly on the stage13 boss (loop 2 level 5); it's just too fast.
WHOOPS! :oops:

OK, but I'm sure you've already figured out that ST6 end is easiest to complete on the middle right corner with blue/red laser attached at the rear.
DEL

!

Post by DEL »

ST6 end is easiest to complete on the middle right corner with blue/red laser attached at the rear.
Aaah Thats it!! Now I remember.

Ben Shinobi was doing it a different way & I got confused.
thepeaguy

Post by thepeaguy »

MJR wrote:
thepeaguy wrote:

WHOOPS! :oops:

OK, but I'm sure you've already figured out that ST6 end is easiest to complete on the middle right corner with blue/red laser attached at the rear.
I tend to use the yellow beam for that stage. It gets me through the beginning part easier than the other beams.
thepeaguy

Post by thepeaguy »

I would like to point out a glitch I've found on the Playstation version of R-Type.

It seems that the 8000 points you get after you killed the Gomander/Cyst boss from level 2 cancels out if you leave the battle going too long. Has anyone noticed this? It's really frustrating.
neophil03

Post by neophil03 »

d-ku BAD: 788600 / lvl 13 / PCB
D-Ku Team
MJR

Post by MJR »

We have room for one more!
I will keep this table for the best 10 players, like the arcade game :wink:
neocps2

Post by neocps2 »

d-ku yac....1502800..all
D-KU TEAM!

french team shooting
MJR

Post by MJR »

Wow. Somebody actually bumped tviks.
Which version you were playing?

Please note everybody else: to enter the table you need now at LEAST more than 370'300 points.
tviks

Post by tviks »

tviks - 1,939,500 - all - Mame

Actually bothered with milking this time. :) Didn't quite break the 2M though. :(
landshark

Post by landshark »

hahah, right on queue. =)
SiKrAiKeN: While I don't think everyone here -is- a Ninja Turtle, I DO believe everyone here has the potential to be a Ninja Turtle. No doubt.
MJR

Post by MJR »

Well, I hope neocps2 enjoyed his 15 minutes of fame!
:D

PS. Bydobasher, you sure you beat the 2nd loop too?
thepeaguy

Post by thepeaguy »

tviks wrote:tviks - 1,939,500 - all - Mame

Actually bothered with milking this time. :) Didn't quite break the 2M though. :(
Nice one. Did you lose any lives while getting that score?
tviks

Post by tviks »

Are you kidding me? I sacrificed all my lives (except one accidental death on stage 6) to milk the stage 7 boss, then one-lifed the rest of the game. The Arcadia record seems to be 2,477,000 but I think that's only possible if you have 5 starting lives.
thepeaguy

Post by thepeaguy »

tviks wrote:Are you kidding me? I sacrificed all my lives (except one accidental death on stage 6) to milk the stage 7 boss, then one-lifed the rest of the game. The Arcadia record seems to be 2,477,000 but I think that's only possible if you have 5 starting lives.
I'm gonna be super-hardcore and set my high-score without losing a life.
LUNardei

Post by LUNardei »

tviks wrote:The Arcadia record seems to be 2,477,000 but I think that's only possible if you have 5 starting lives.
http://www.aiva.emuita.it/gamest.php?pag=R
Uhm, I don't think so. It would be written there in some ways, and the records from arcadia are AFAIK from full default settings. But who knows :)
MJR

Post by MJR »

Ahh, good old arcadia. It seems to load up much faster now. These give definitely good records for comparison.

You can get quite a bit from stage 5, as well, if you don't break the worms.

I would love to set up stage highscores, since the game gives this info anyway. Of course you would have to send or PM me your screenshots then.
sikraiken

Post by sikraiken »

tviks - I remember being able to get ~150k per life when leeching. Maybe you aren't getting all the points? :D You'd need to get near 1.8M on the first loop in order to be able to break the Arcadia record.
MJR

Post by MJR »

SiKrAiKeN wrote:tviks - I remember being able to get ~150k per life when leeching. Maybe you aren't getting all the points? :D You'd need to get near 1.8M on the first loop in order to be able to break the Arcadia record.
I had a go yesterday, and I was able to get 450.000 (and that makes about 6 lives because you will get 3 extra lives) by stage 7. So by milking 150k for each life at stage 7 I should get 1.350.000 by the end of the first loop- and it really is quite hard to get more than 450-500k with no misses (=no milking) on first loop.

But then again, I'd love to see stage scores for the top 2 players in this list :)
tviks

Post by tviks »

I have a screenshot of my individual stage scores. Where should I upload it?
MJR

Post by MJR »

Cool!

You can PM to me or you can post it here.
try www.photobucket.com for easy imagehosting, takes only a minute to register.

I will put up a stage score table once I got some time :)
tviks

Post by tviks »

Here you go:

MJR

Post by MJR »

deleted
Last edited by MJR on Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sikraiken

Post by sikraiken »

The only problem with having a high score table for each stage is that if someone dies even once on a stage, they could end up having a higher score than it's possible to achieve if you were to go through the stage on one life.
MJR

Post by MJR »

I don't consider this a problem.
If you die 7 times on the last stage, you will get more points overall than if you play with no miss. It's called milking, and I think it's perfectly OK.

someone could also play only level 1, killing himself before getting to next level, then repeat until he gets much higher stage score than those who complete the game. I think this is fine, as well.

We could, of course, add also a 1CC entries but I don't think there would be enough players.
sikraiken

Post by sikraiken »

MJR wrote:I don't consider this a problem.
If you die 7 times on the last stage, you will get more points overall than if you play with no miss. It's called milking, and I think it's perfectly OK.

someone could also play only level 1, killing himself before getting to next level, then repeat until he gets much higher stage score than those who complete the game. I think this is fine, as well.

We could, of course, add also a 1CC entries but I don't think there would be enough players.
Well yeah, I understand about getting all the points you can on stage 7, but if I strategically lose all my lives on stage one, I can give you a stage score that won't be beaten by someone who just plays the game for the highest possible score (no lives lost except on stage 7). I could do this for every stage just to take each score on the stage score table.
MJR

Post by MJR »

deleted
sikraiken

Post by sikraiken »

MJR wrote:
SiKrAiKeN wrote: Well yeah, I understand about getting all the points you can on stage 7, but if I strategically lose all my lives on stage one, I can give you a stage score that won't be beaten by someone who just plays the game for the highest possible score (no lives lost except on stage 7). I could do this for every stage just to take each score on the stage score table.
And why not? That's what the stage high score table is for. Of course, there may be a theoretical limit to the high score, but so there is for most of these type of game.
I like the idea so I put the table up, If people don't like it they don't have to submit. Simple.
I'm just trying to point out that (for example) if I died a few times on stage 8, and then completed the game, and you made the perfect run where you no missed the game besides all the point maximization on stage 7, then there would be no possible way that you could beat my stage 8 score unless you made a run where you died much like I did. I'm just getting my opinion out there that unless there's a level field (like the score will only be put on that table for the stage if you 1 life it (besides stage 7)), then it's pointless. That's all. :D
MJR

Post by MJR »

deleted
Zach Keene

Post by Zach Keene »

thepeaguy wrote:I would like to point out a glitch I've found on the Playstation version of R-Type.

It seems that the 8000 points you get after you killed the Gomander/Cyst boss from level 2 cancels out if you leave the battle going too long. Has anyone noticed this? It's really frustrating.
Yep. This happens in the arcade version too.