Ibara (Arcade and Arrange) *New Thread*

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
MGN

Post by MGN »

Hey ! Congrats Gwyrgyn Blood ! First now :D
Do you have a Higher letter in mind ?
Gwyrgyn Blood

Post by Gwyrgyn Blood »

I had a J,8 million on the PS2 version using a few retries so I might shoot for a K at least. Right now though it's 80% about pushing for super huge numbers of points on bosses 3 and 6, which also eventually means learning to suicide the last life to get the extra large bomb drops, and I haven't quite gotten the timing down on it yet.
jpj

Post by jpj »

8)

disgusting
RegalSin wrote:Videogames took my life away like the Natives during colonial times.
malik11

Post by malik11 »

I thought I would join the Shmups member tradition of posting an ALL of some easy-to-clear game. The game in question today is Ibara arrange, using Bond. :)

16. malik11 - 38,309,450 - ALL - (Type D)

Oh, and video available upon request.
jpj

Post by jpj »

wow, you even included your ranking for ultimate copy-paste stylin' :D
RegalSin wrote:Videogames took my life away like the Natives during colonial times.
malik11

Post by malik11 »

I would like to submit another Ibara arrange score, but I hesitate to do so because of what seemed like a glitch during the run. Maybe someone can analyze the situation to see if this is supposed to happen or not, perhaps if it has happened to someone else. Footage can be found below.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DTW7OG1N

The exact point that I'm talking about is the fact that I was not destroyed at 15 seconds into the video.
jpj

Post by jpj »

i can't watch avi files on my laptop, and for 7mb, it's not really worth it to burn to cd-r and watch on my dvd player.

this must be the first time someone has ever asked their score to be adjudicated 8)
clp

Post by clp »

i just wactehd it and yep it seems to me your hit box is pummeled by a good number of bullets however no one should care its not a score glitch just a survival one so dont sweat it just add your score :wink:
kernow

Post by kernow »

jpj wrote:i can't watch avi files on my laptop, and for 7mb, it's not really worth it to burn to cd-r and watch on my dvd player.

this must be the first time someone has ever asked their score to be adjudicated 8)
download videolanclient (vlc) and maybe the xvid codec, you should be able to play them fine on your laptop :)
Gwyrgyn Blood

Post by Gwyrgyn Blood »

If anything, not being able to get killed is kind of a bad thing in Ibara. :I
jpj

Post by jpj »

malik: thanks for the zip file, the 11th jpeg is pretty conclusive :lol: i leave it up to your own discretion :)

kernow: you just typed a bunch of shit i don't understand :P
kernow

Post by kernow »

:o

you tell me how to play shooties properly and I'll sort your laptop to play superplays properly :P
jpj

Post by jpj »

i found a G,xxx,xxx replay on a cd. if you want it, pm me your address and i'll put it in the post :)

mikehaggar, who does all the mr driller replays on youtube kept asking me to setup AIM. it was like, yeah you got no fucking chance mate :lol:

setting up ggpo was almost biblical
malik11

Post by malik11 »

jpj wrote:i leave it up to your own discretion :)
Very well. I don't want to have some cheap random anomaly between myself and the person whose rank I stole. Anyway, that was a 75 million run. I had another 75 million run to fall back on, but it wasn't an ALL (I want the ALL 8) ). So I'm submitting a 64 million ALL. I believe this one is clean.

4. malik11 - 64,598,510 - ALL - (Type D)

The video is available here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DCXBSY2M
jpj

Post by jpj »

i respect that :)
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

malik11 wrote:
The exact point that I'm talking about is the fact that I was not destroyed at 15 seconds into the video.
That's fine, that's not a glitch, as no bullet hit your hitbox. You just positioned yourself in a way in which the bullets all passed by you - I've done this many times myself.
Gakidou

Post by Gakidou »

Lol, I'm trying to give up smoking so I figured I'd give this another go just to have something to do with my hands.

Gakidou - H,629,960 - ALL - Bond (Type C) - PCB

Got three medals more than Gwyrgyn :wink:
jpj

Post by jpj »

nice curtains
Gwyrgyn Blood

Post by Gwyrgyn Blood »

Alright then
Gwyrgyn Blood - I,767,950 - Stage 6 - Bond (Type C) - PCB
Gakidou

Post by Gakidou »

:o
jpj

Post by jpj »

what's so impressive about a 1 million score?
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

lol gakidou got owned
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Must've been indeed quite painful for Gakidou, my condolences. :?
You both have some excellent scores, congrats!
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
malik11

Post by malik11 »

EOJ wrote:
malik11 wrote:
That's fine, that's not a glitch, as no bullet hit your hitbox. You just positioned yourself in a way in which the bullets all passed by you - I've done this many times myself.
By the way, EOJ, I meant to thank you for your input. I'll take it into consideration, but it's not a very urgent matter to me.
jpj

Post by jpj »

jpj - C,223,940 - Stage 6 - (Type A) PCB

died on the way to the boss ...
DEL

Post by DEL »

ARCADE MODE - EXTENDED:
1. DEL - B,436,780 - Stage 2-2 - Dyne - PCB
Had a quick go on ill6's board before handing it back.
EDIT:- Played another credit.
jpj

Post by jpj »

updated 8)
Gwyrgyn Blood

Post by Gwyrgyn Blood »

Hardly worth posting but another letter is another letter.
Gwyrgyn Blood - J,087,050 - ALL - Bond (Type C) - PCB
TLB

Re: Ibara (Arcade and Arrange) *New Thread*

Post by TLB »

After FINALLY getting my hands on an Ibara PCB, I've come to the conclusions that: I suck at this game/This is the best game evar/Expect scores in a we...two wee...a month :)

I've got basically identical 1.5M scores with Bond and Dyne, but I still can't seem to do Stage the First correctly, and watching Archer isn't the best idea, I don't think :P So, I'm going to raise my blood pressure like rank and keep at it ^_-
ncp

Re: Ibara (Arcade and Arrange) *New Thread*

Post by ncp »

m3tall1ca wrote:watching Archer isn't the best idea, I don't think :P
Haha. If there's one thing that I hate: ever since seeing Archer's replays, I am not satisfied unless I get a perfect "aura kill" spree in the beginning of stage 1. Sometimes I play the first 20 seconds of stage 1 like 10+ times before actually making a real attempt. I always aim to perfect my stage 1 technique before going anywhere, regardless of game... unfortunately Ibara's is tough as nails to get right...