A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
jpj

Post by jpj »

it would only be for scores past stage 7... obviously
rantak

Post by rantak »

Arrange
24,122,400 - rantak - stage 5 - Bond (D) - PS2

Played this seriously for the first time yesterday. Can't figure out the arcade mode yet, the small hitbox in arrange suits me better. I also got to stage 6 with a score of 26 mil but I had used the restart function in first stage :(
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

rantak wrote:Arrange
24,122,400 - rantak - stage 5 - Bond (D) - PS2

Played this seriously for the first time yesterday. Can't figure out the arcade mode yet, the small hitbox in arrange suits me better. I also got to stage 6 with a score of 26 mil but I had used the restart function in first stage :(
Hey i have a tip for you, if stage 5 goes nuts and you have one bomb or two, hold a bomb button, then release it to unleash powerful missile against it :)
Zenodyne R - My 2nd Steam Shmup
jpj

Post by jpj »

updated.

i might do the snip soon, if nobody has any serious objections?
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

you're the next one?
whats up with everyone?

Lets open a thread where everyone who leaves us posts his last comment in, just to see how many people are vanishing at all.
This thread surely will get the topic of 2008
iatneH

Post by iatneH »

I guess my only hope to making onto a score table is to forfeit my current position and start playing as Dyne.

You need to calm down ELF, it's not like all high score tables need to be updated in real time. Have some patience boy.
jpj

Post by jpj »

i meant cutting the table down to 30 places
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

er sorry for the missunderstandings.
I just was too afraid jpj would leave us :(
Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

jpj wrote:i meant cutting the table down to 30 places
Can you explain why you'd want to cut the list down? Maybe then people wouldn't be so up in arms.
'Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon.'
jpj

Post by jpj »

are people so up in arms...?
most people seem to approve of the way i limit the places on my scoreboards
Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

jpj wrote:are people so up in arms...?
most people seem to approve of the way i limit the places on my scoreboards
ELF seemed to be ape not long ago. Also, it helps to not answer a question with another question or without answering the previous question at all.

I want to know since, yeah, I don't like being audited out of a scoreboard without a reason. So why exactly are you doing this and why not the usual 10 or even 20 like your other maintained boards? If you want to keep high standards and make people more competitive why not just do what Icarus did before in the Battle Garegga thread and have the '10 Highest' section. People can still strive to be one of the best, but others can also participate more casually and be able to compare scores too. Just my thought.
jpj

Post by jpj »

at the moment it's 4 votes to 3 in favour of the snip (my opinion not included).

yay: plasmo, elf, mgn, charlie
nay: ayanami, iatenh, limbrooke

why the snip? i'm managing 90 scores in this thread. also yes, it makes people play better. and just like a real scoreboard on a real arcade machine, there should only be a finite number of spaces. it's only once you reach the scoreboard that you can enter in your initals
Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

jpj wrote:why the snip? i'm managing 90 scores in this thread. also yes, it makes people play better. and just like a real scoreboard on a real arcade machine, there should only be a finite number of spaces. it's only once you reach the scoreboard that you can enter in your initals
If there was list limit before scores were submitted, sort of how it is on an arcade machine/game, I wouldn't care about being displaced if I was on the initial list of 01 to XX, but it's being eliminated from a truncation that's bothering. Thanks for hearing me out.
jpj

Post by jpj »

no problem :)
and i have always said in advance in my tables before doing any changes so people can say if they agree or disagree.

for what it's worth, i too have been edited out of a high score thread :oops: (dodonpachi and mushihimesama arrange mode)
charlie chong

Post by charlie chong »

i dunno why people are upset at being cutoff.. if you really want to be on the board that much then work for it.. i haven't spent enough time on this game and it is silly that i am even on the board with such a poo score!!
clp

Post by clp »

Arrange
50,956,580 - clp - all - dyne (Type d) - ps2

jpj

Post by jpj »

updated. and changed the presentation a bit.

can you please now post scores in this format:

Game Mode/Character
Name - Score - Stage - (Sub-Type) - PCB/PS2

so it's like:
Arcade Mode/Bond
fighter17 - 1,012,010 - Stage 1 - (Type A) - PS2
etc etc.
RegalSin wrote:Videogames took my life away like the Natives during colonial times.
MGN

Post by MGN »

A few games in harder mode and the result is :

Arcade Mode - Harder
MGN - 2,197,880 - Stage 2 - Bond (Type C) - PS2

This mode is really fearsome
Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

Arcade - Normal
RFP - 3,660,180 - Stage 3 - Bond (Type C) - PS2

Thanks to this and partly to this very thread, I managed yet another 900k improvement.
jpj

Post by jpj »

Limbrooke wrote:and partly to this very thread [...]
how so?

also: updated.
RegalSin wrote:Videogames took my life away like the Natives during colonial times.
Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

jpj wrote:how so?
I suppose it resides in the fact that it somewhat motivated me to play again so I may best my score and try to remain on the future score list. Hopefully, there is more to come on my end.

Regarding my last run, it was a real blast to finally reach Stage 3, with stock no less. Could've even reached the extend but I lost the medals right before that spinning mid boss type robot and decided it was good enough where I stood.
califoreigner

Post by califoreigner »

Arcade Mode/Bond
CAL - 4,326,880 - Stage 4 - (Type D) - PCB

califoreigner

Post by califoreigner »

Arcade Mode/Bond
CAL - 5,895,110 - Stage 5 - (Type D) - PCB

jpj

Post by jpj »

nice improvement :)
califoreigner

Post by califoreigner »

thanks! st4 boss was surprisingly easy as well as the first half of st5. my st1 game can use some improvement (haven't made 2mil so far) and figuring out the trick on st2 boss would bump me up quite a bit. anyway, i have a feeling the next hurdle shall be a bit harder to clear. :lol:
Gwyrgyn Blood

Post by Gwyrgyn Blood »

HONK HONK

Arrange Mode/Bond
Gwyrgyn Blood - 93,285,650 - ALL - (Type D) - PS2

Made some mistakes here and there... a few minor ones in Stage 2, lot of minor ones in Stage 3 (in which I also still have no good strategy for the boss) which cost me into Stage 4 (where I could only 2x suicide on the boss). Stage 5 made two bigish mistakes, and then played TOO safe in Stage 6 which cost some points. Could easily break 100m and then some if I can scrap together some better strategies for stage 3, 5 and 6.
rantak

Post by rantak »

Arrange mode:
rantak - 34,618,320 - Stage 6 - Bond/D - PS2

Nice run on stage 2 for the first time, but then failed in stage 4. Managed to struggle through stage 5 though.
Gwyrgyn Blood

Post by Gwyrgyn Blood »

So anyone know what the trick is to getting the big bomb pickups from the heavy tanks that show up in stages 2 and 5? I know the basic idea is to drop a bomb on top of them, but it doesn't always seem to work, so I'm guessing there's another requirement to do it.
malik11

Post by malik11 »

Gwyrgyn Blood wrote:So anyone know what the trick is to getting the big bomb pickups from the heavy tanks that show up in stages 2 and 5? I know the basic idea is to drop a bomb on top of them, but it doesn't always seem to work, so I'm guessing there's another requirement to do it.
No different from Battle Garegga, I believe. Destroy all the treads. Bombing may not work sometimes because the tank body has become weaker than one or more treads, but usually it should work. (This should probably be in the ST section, though.)
jpj

Post by jpj »

updated :)

if you're submitting arrange mode scores, no need to worry about listing as ps2 version :wink: