Ibara (Arcade and Arrange) *New Thread*

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Danbo

Re: Ibara (Arcade and Arrange) *New Thread*

Post by Danbo »

does using Pcsx2 (ps2 emulator) matter at all? i was testing it out just now to see how ibara runs (not bad but with the occasional stutter here and there). Nearly managed to clear the game again but i lost my medal chain a ton of times so it's not a very good score for stage 6... :/ it's a start, i guess

Arcade / Bond
Danbo Daxter - 7,234,840 - Stage 6 - Type C - PS2/Pcsx2
jpj

Post by jpj »

i'll add it for the time being, but flag the score as being the emulated version. the trouble is i don't know what speed this is running at (i appreciate the ps2 version has less slowdown than the pcb anyways), if it's 90% speed or less, it's a bit of a gray area, and i heard the emulation was not so great on any ps2 cave titles except ibara, but correct me f i'm wrong
RegalSin wrote:Videogames took my life away like the Natives during colonial times.
Danbo

Post by Danbo »

stage 1 suffers from some slowdown in places but that's about it, every other part of the game runs superbly with a few pauses. i dunno how exactly i can prove this but here's some mayhem in stage 3 running at full speed (check the titlebar - it fluctuates near to 100%)

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/7471/ibaraspeed.jpg

up to you. i dont have a camera or even a memory card for pictures on my actual ps2, and my ps2 is deteriorating to the point where randomly enemies won't spawn and textures get loaded wonky.

this is with the very latest (today's build, in fact) beta of pcsx2 and a bunch of new plugins, with a bunch of speed hacks on. dai ou jou runs flawlessly, galuda is at full speed but has very frequent and long pauses which make it unplayable and i don't care enough to try mushi, hehe.
jpj

Post by jpj »

cheers thank you - although my god does that look awful :P
RegalSin wrote:Videogames took my life away like the Natives during colonial times.
Danbo

Post by Danbo »

yeah... i'll probably turn texture filtering back on, so even if it still looks like someone threw up on the screen, at least it won't be chunky vomit
clp

Post by clp »

Arcade / Bond
clp - B,237,530 - Stage 5 - Type C - PS2
iatneH

Post by iatneH »

I've long been pushed out of Bond top 25, so I thought I'd pick some low-hanging fruit with Dyne, to get back on board without even being any good :P But I think 2P ship type is more suitable for me anyway, on the rare occasion I take the game out for a spin. New score, better than any of my Bond scores too. This game is still punishing... I still cannot reach stage 3 more than half the time :(

Arcade Mode/Dyne
iatneH - 3,244,470 - Stage 2 - (Type D) - PCB
jpj

Post by jpj »

arcade mode
jpj - D,369,540 - All - (Typa A) - PCB
TLB

Post by TLB »

Holy shit, nice, jpj O.o

Soon as I loop UD, I want to come back to this...ZG2 can wait >:)
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

@jpj
I thought you'd be out of the shmup 'biz (especially playing them for score) and now you post a D score - what a great comeback that is! :D
And you even used A-Type, yay!
Congrats!
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
charlie chong

Post by charlie chong »

nice! i know you been working on it a long time dude 8)
jpj

Post by jpj »

thanks guys :D

plasmo: too many late night sessions on street fighter has been taking a toll on my sleeping, so been playing ibara an hour or so every night this week. i think i said to you before, but this is one of my top 3 cave games :mrgreen: a few mistakes though, i might play a bit longer :)
TLB

Post by TLB »

Funny thing. Not only is this in my top 3 cave games, it's in my top three games, and probably my top period.

Funnier thing is that I can't play this game for shit. Whatsoever. I've got a 4.3M score with Bond and a 4.1M score with Dyne, and I've never been able to play through Stage 2 perfectly enough to have enough extends to suicide Midi's second form with (I hate that whore...But she's so cute! :]). I think that the only time I successfully handled the boss, I either broke a tire or fuckin' missed the hadou activation to break the turret. So, I reached my lowest goal at Under Defeat and decided it was time for a change last night, and I still keep absolutely slaughtering myself with this game :) Wonder if I'll ever get used to it enough to play without such stress.
TLB

Post by TLB »

Plasmo wrote:@jpj
I thought you'd be out of the shmup 'biz (especially playing them for score) and now you post a D score - what a great comeback that is! :D
And you even used A-Type, yay!
Congrats!
You have a higher Garegga score than your Ibara score. Do you know what this means, Prasumo?
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Batrider's first in line.
TLB

Post by TLB »

Plasmo wrote:Batrider's first in line.
D:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knn2xYo6nzc
professor ganson

Post by professor ganson »

Asked this in Strategy, but didn't hear back yet: How do I choose Dyne with the PCB? Also, how do I choose between the Types?
Gwyrgyn Blood

Post by Gwyrgyn Blood »

Use P2 side for Dyne. Hold A, B, or A+B then hit start for the different types.
professor ganson

Post by professor ganson »

Gwyrgyn Blood wrote:Use P2 side for Dyne. Hold A, B, or A+B then hit start for the different types.
Awesome, thanks!
KAI

Post by KAI »

IBARA (PS2 Arrange Mode):
KAI - 109,005,020 - ALL - Dyne (D)

hoping to improve it.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

ACR finally did it!

a GET
I like chocolate milk

TLB

Post by TLB »

TRANSCENDENT OF HUMANITY

Congrats to ACR! Long time coming, and I'm extremely effing impressed! :D :P

Any guesses where the points came from? Last boss, maybe? ^_~
Gwyrgyn Blood

Post by Gwyrgyn Blood »

Why not
Gwyrgyn Blood - H,138,410 - ALL - Dyne (Type A) - PCB
kernow

Post by kernow »

man these scores :o I hardly ever get to level 3, level 2 boss just kicks my ass, even with two stored hadous.
Gwyrgyn Blood

Post by Gwyrgyn Blood »

kernow wrote:man these scores :o I hardly ever get to level 3, level 2 boss just kicks my ass, even with two stored hadous.
Big thing about Boss 2 is getting to it with low enough rank in the first place. Learn as much of the scoring as you can in stage 1-2, because the more points you can get the more lives you can throw away and the lower you can drive your rank. Aside from that, if you can get to the boss with 2 spare lives you should be golden. You can suicide (or just get hit) on form 2 and then grab your items on top of it, and that will knock off a huge chunk of it's life. There are little tricks to all the forms but a lot of it is just learning what all its shit looks like.

Form 1 - Go around behind it, it can't shoot there. You still have to watch it but it's much easier than dodging in front of it. Adjust your options so you can hit it without putting yourself in danger.

Form 2 - Certain bits are more dangerous than others and positioning yourself right can make it easy. Main thing is to just hammer the center and avoid hitting the rear left/right bits, and the whole suicide thing.

Form 3 - Easiest form. Just make big sweeping dodges left or right to avoid the blue scattershots. Once you've knocked out the burners, just focus on the body and it's a piece of cake.

Form 4 - Learn the bomb-lock trick if you can. You can do it with even 1 fragment if you have to. If not that, the easiest way is to shoot off enough wheels to stop it right as it's finishing it's initial 'hard' pattern, as then you can more easily dodge off to one side and just avoid fighting it. Or just Hadou it.

Also, use practice mode if you have the PS2 version to get better used to it. It's the hardest boss in the game aside from boss 5.
kernow

Post by kernow »

Thanks, I knew a few of those tips, I just guess its practice, I try not to bomb through all of level 2 to just save up a couple hadous, but still don't manage to take it down even with 2 lives and 2 hadous, I think I just suck :D haha. I must beat him about 2 times out of 40 usually. bleh.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

I try not to bomb through all of level 2 to just save up a couple hadous, but still don't manage to take it down even with 2 lives and 2 hadous, I think I just suck :D haha.
Completely wrong approach. If you bomb during stage to get at least the silos and the two big tanks, you get MORE bombs as if you would've used no bombs. On top of that you get a higher score, which means more lives, which means even more bombs.
Think about it and find your new route through stage 2.

@Gwyrgyn Blood
Fantastic score, as usual. Really nice job. :)
I like chocolate milk

TLB

Post by TLB »

Indeed, I am impressed :) We need more Dyne scores.

With the advent of Special ver., I think I'm going to take KSR's advice and just clear it before trying to score the entire game. I'd LIKE to get consistent with Midi milking, but if all else fails I'll just skip it for a clear. This game is hard, though :X

And in the spirit of W-n-m-D-s, I think I'll do it with Dyne. Now be entertained as I spend long weeks and months clearing this game because I suck at dodging those damn razor-spreads that EVERY OTHER DAMN ENEMY seems to love spraying.

Because I've had this score and the game for half a year and never posted it:

TOM - 4,197,050 - 2 - Dyne (Type D) - PCB
kernow

Post by kernow »

Plasmo wrote:
I try not to bomb through all of level 2 to just save up a couple hadous, but still don't manage to take it down even with 2 lives and 2 hadous, I think I just suck :D haha.
Completely wrong approach. If you bomb during stage to get at least the silos and the two big tanks, you get MORE bombs as if you would've used no bombs. On top of that you get a higher score, which means more lives, which means even more bombs.
Think about it and find your new route through stage 2.

@Gwyrgyn Blood
Fantastic score, as usual. Really nice job. :)
I shall rethink as you say :)
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

With the advent of Special ver., I think I'm going to take KSR's advice and just clear it before trying to score the entire game. I'd LIKE to get consistent with Midi milking, but if all else fails I'll just skip it for a clear. This game is hard, though :X
A low scoring clear in Ibara would be ridiculously difficult. The better you score, the easier gets the 1cc. I'm not saying that you should go for a Z clear, but finding a golden mean is important. I'd say that around A-C would be the easiest score to get the clear on. Basic scoring isn't too difficult either.
I like chocolate milk