Ibara (Arcade and Arrange) *New Thread*

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Gwyrgyn Blood

Re: Ibara (Arcade and Arrange) *New Thread*

Post by Gwyrgyn Blood »

Plasmo wrote: Completely wrong approach. If you bomb during stage to get at least the silos and the two big tanks, you get MORE bombs as if you would've used no bombs. On top of that you get a higher score, which means more lives, which means even more bombs.
Think about it and find your new route through stage 2.
The little foot soldiers also turn into bombs if you bomb them. But yeah, instead of doing something like no-bomb no-missing the whole stage to get to the boss with 2 hadous, instead, do a ton of scoring to get to the boss with 2 spare lives and no bombs. Then you can afford to suicide->aura kill twice for forms 1-3 and then you'll have a hadou gun for the last form.
And in the spirit of W-n-m-D-s, I think I'll do it with Dyne. Now be entertained as I spend long weeks and months clearing this game because I suck at dodging those damn razor-spreads that EVERY OTHER DAMN ENEMY seems to love spraying.
The only problem with Dyne is that none of the types are really scrubby or anything (like Bond C-Type). A-type is slow as balls, C-type has a shitty short range bomber, and D-type you can't lock your side options. If you want to go for a low rank clear though, there are 2 things that are extremely important for rank in Ibara:

1) How many lives you have when you die. This is even more important than Garegga. If you ever have 3 extends in stock, you're rank is gonna get crazy pretty fast. So just make sure you always suicide if you're about to get that 3rd extend. It's even better if you can keep yourself sitting on 1 extend and suicide it right before you get another. The better you can manage this, the easier the game will be.

2) Item showers. I dunno what exactly jacks up your rank so much about these, but getting huge showers of items (by hadouing popcorn or whatever) really, really jacks up your rank. If you don't control your lives well (as in #1) you'll find your rank climbing up pretty fast. Mostly noticeable on the stage 5 shower and on boss 3 and 6.
Plasmo wrote: A low scoring clear in Ibara would be ridiculously difficult. The better you score, the easier gets the 1cc. I'm not saying that you should go for a Z clear, but finding a golden mean is important. I'd say that around A-C would be the easiest score to get the clear on. Basic scoring isn't too difficult either.
Up to a point of course. Many (or most) of the advanced scoring techniques basically go against keeping rank low. :oops:
cools

Post by cools »

Silos? I knew about the tanks, but what do the silos look like? :)
kernow

Post by kernow »

The round things :p

http://www.peacefuldeath.net/ibara/ibar ... stage2.jpg

a ton of medals come out of them when bombed.
cools

Post by cools »

Those things hack me off and make me lose my chain when bombed. I must be doing it wrong.
Gwyrgyn Blood

Post by Gwyrgyn Blood »

cools wrote:Those things hack me off and make me lose my chain when bombed. I must be doing it wrong.
You position yourself on the back end of them and use the aura of your bomb to destroy them. All the medals just spawn on top of you so you can't miss em.
kernow

Post by kernow »

I have less luck trying to aura damage the boss. fail. I manage to get there with two lives, no bombs and then swirl around the top killing the first turret, then the 2nd lower turret part usually kills me, then I cock up the aura damage (its only weapons and not flowers that do it, right), then I die again usually and cock up the 2nd aura damage, then I'm a dead man from the following shower of bullets.

I can usually get to the part with the two burners and die on the bullets its firing.

more practice.
TLB

Post by TLB »

Plasmo and Gwyrgyn Blood: Yeah, I don't really mean going for a low-rank clear or anything, but I'm not going to insist on getting every little scoring trick down perfectly before progressing the way I did for the first fifteen to twenty hours (during those fifteenish hours I accomplished...400k? after the first few hours. That Dyne score was my old high after four hours. This was quite some time ago, though, and I've only been playing STGs for so long). Not only have I learned quite a bit since first getting this game, I've also discovered what I was doing wrong in several parts of stage 2 that were preventing me from scoring it very well, which led to me screwing up hardcore and gameovering trying to set up Midi for milking. I had a spare half hour before work today and I booted up Ibara Special ver. for some stage practice and I've pretty much worked out how to make that 4M score into at least between 5-7M after stage 2.

Stage 3 is a bit of a challenge, but as long as I pay attention to my extends (so much easier now that I can see the top of the screen!) I should be fine for Kasumi. I've got the gist of milking the little zerglet hoes, but the few times I tried credit-feeding or the time I tried stage practice I end up wrecking one of the turrets because I don't know her movement patterns the way a serious player should. Hopefully I'm not forced to use more than one hadou during stage 3 :X It gets kind of frenetic, and I can see myself panic-bombing to save the run.

Anyways, to spare jpj having to constantly check this thread for all the chatter going on here, I'll start babbling and twittering in the strategy thread after this :P
Gwyrgyn Blood

Post by Gwyrgyn Blood »

m3tall1ca wrote: Stage 3 is a bit of a challenge, but as long as I pay attention to my extends (so much easier now that I can see the top of the screen!) I should be fine for Kasumi. I've got the gist of milking the little zerglet hoes, but the few times I tried credit-feeding or the time I tried stage practice I end up wrecking one of the turrets because I don't know her movement patterns the way a serious player should. Hopefully I'm not forced to use more than one hadou during stage 3 :X It gets kind of frenetic, and I can see myself panic-bombing to save the run.
Her movement is completely random and erratic. Good luck! :?
throne_of_wolves

Post by throne_of_wolves »

Ibara is one tough yet ridiculously satisfying mistress. I've been playing the PCB for the past week or so and have finally started to improve my game (watching Archer's superplay was a huge help). As soon as I started trying to play it properly the experience became much more rewarding and intense, and now I can't stop myself! Just......one......more......go....

I'll submit my best run as soon as I have one that's worth submitting! ~2,590,000 @ 2nd boss's 3rd form is my best run so far.
TLB

Post by TLB »

Score

DYNE
TOM - 5,846,850 - Stage 3 - (Type D) - PCB

Picture

Homo blog/discussion
Dyne sucks. Type A has no range on the bomb. Type D can only (crippledly, might I add) lock the rear option. With Bond you have to debate which ship is more BROKEN; Type C or D ;_;

Midi milking was a semi-success. Only had one extend and no burners by her, so I killed the first and second forms without dying, then died on the third (easy) one :/ So no hadou. Only two burners and a napalm. Only one extend ;_; An early train spreader caught me by surprise, etc. While I won't exactly be raking in the bombs next time, I'm fairly confident that with some option planning I can fuck straight through to Kuhsoomee. Stage 3 midboss caught me because I couldn't kill the facker in time for the very reason that I was hitting it with streams of piss, while my burner and napalm flailed to my sides >:P

Hell, I'm in the top 50% of Dyne scores now, maybe I ought to just try breaking that score with Bond >_>
Gwyrgyn Blood

Post by Gwyrgyn Blood »

m3tall1ca wrote: Homo blog/discussion
Dyne sucks. Type A has no range on the bomb. Type D can only (crippledly, might I add) lock the rear option. With Bond you have to debate which ship is more BROKEN; Type C or D ;_;
A-Type's bomb range isn't too bad. It's not Bond long range but it does last a really fucking long time and that can be very useful in places. And really, you only need the non-aura part of the bomb in a few parts of the game anyway.

C-Type is actually really good too. It's faster than A-Type but you can still lock your side options. It's got an even shorter ranged bomb though. :I

Dyne's got nearly the same scoring potential as Bond but you just have much less leniency on everything due to speed of movement and shorter bomb.
TLB

Post by TLB »

I was thinking about switching to Dyne C for the extra speed, but I'm still not sure. I got pretty used to Dyne D, but as soon as I got that score, I switched back to Bond for some reason. I've been kind of sluffing off on playing (three out of the last six or seven days >_>), but I've settled back on Bond C and I'll see what happens. Class beckons, though I'd far rather babble about Ibara >_>

So I will. I have tons of trouble being consistent at all in Raizing-style games. This one, at least. There's SO MUCH to fuck up. Maybe my mindset when playing isn't what it should be, maybe I don't get enough sleep, maybe I'm still something something blah blah blah. It's likely a combination.

And now I have to class it up >_>
professor ganson

Post by professor ganson »

DYNE
professor ganson - 1,670,400 - Stage 3 - (Type A) - PCB

Type A is default, right? Anyway, I just use the default type on the PCB, and play as PLAYER 2.

I noticed on the high-score board something about a HARDER setting? How do you access that on the PCB?
TLB

Post by TLB »

Hold up while pressing start. Extended mode is accessed by holding down.
professor ganson

Post by professor ganson »

m3tall1ca wrote:Hold up while pressing start. Extended mode is accessed by holding down.
I'm guessing that extended mode is for those who want a second loop or whatever. Ha, I wish that was relevant for me. I'll definitely give harder a try, just to check it out. Thanks!
cools

Post by cools »

Gwyrgyn Blood wrote:
cools wrote:Those things hack me off and make me lose my chain when bombed. I must be doing it wrong.
You position yourself on the back end of them and use the aura of your bomb to destroy them. All the medals just spawn on top of you so you can't miss em.
Almost a golden tip :) Sitting on the middle of them works better than the back - particularly if you've lost your chain ;)
Gwyrgyn Blood

Post by Gwyrgyn Blood »

Rear/Middle, whatever. It's better to be farther back so you don't get all the bombs they drop in some sections, and as long as you are on top enough that you grab the medals as they spawn, you'll build up the value. It's really pretty lenient once you've got the hang of it.
KAI

Post by KAI »

OMFG!! i just saw Icarus trategy for stage 1 on Ibara Arrange.
I don't like to steal other player's stategies, but if i use i can get around 125mil without any problem.
TLB

Post by TLB »

Bond
TOM - 5,843,790 - Stage 3 - (Type D) - PCB

I died just before the boss. Yes, the boss which could easily have gotten me the needed 200k for the extend. The same boss which probably would have gotten me another 500-800k purely by shooting off the junk I already had alone, then died so I could get more points in Sky High. *Sigh*
TLB

Post by TLB »

Bond
TOM - 7,841,270 - Stage 4 - (Type D) - PCB

Random
Dropped my medal chain in Valley. Poops. Probably would easily have gotten that next extend. I ended up dying just before Shasta, who is fairly easy. Probably wouldn't have had enough bombs to stock up by way of the Castle tanks, but I probably would have had enough firepower to at least put up a fight against Lace.

For some reason I can't get the Midi trick to work unless I use a hadou, so I suppose it was good that I had two spare extends when I got there. I also never really bother to milk Meidi past reaching the second extend; that alone probably would have bumped me up to 8M. Stuff.

Still love this game. Until I can play DOJ again or I somehow get my hands on Ketsui, I think this is all I really want to play. I can easily see myself investing all my STG time in this. Etc.
KAI

Post by KAI »

Arrange Mode
KAI - 114,551,290 - ALL - Bond (Type D)

By doing only 7mil on the 1st stage, i'm an idiot.
KAI

Post by KAI »

New score + Photo

KAI - 114,852,380 - ALL - DYNE (Type D)

Epic mistake on the last part of stage 6, i could've reach the 1st possition.
Last edited by KAI on Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KAI

Post by KAI »

Sorry, i made i with Dyne, not Bond.
KAI

Post by KAI »

IBARA Arrange Mode:

KAI - 125,321,560 - ALL - Dyne (Type D)

I can do it better, i mean, i only did 10mil on the first stage, if i can do at least half of Icarus strategy on it, i can even beat his own record.

DYNE PAWAA!!
clp

Post by clp »

Nice one kai!!! do it bro go for gold .
Cool!
KAI

Post by KAI »

I never saw your post clp, thanks.
Last week i've finally reach around 100 at the en of stage 5 (after milking the boss for 23mil)
sadly my stage 6 play was pure shit (my best run on it was 35mil)
I think i'll be able to get the 130mil pretty soon.
TLB

Post by TLB »

Started playing Ibara again a week ago or something.

Dyne
TOM - 8,759,120 - Stage 4 - (Type D) - PCB

I suck balls. I accidentally started shooting too many of the sword-bombs on the boss and I was like "oh shit i gonna die" so I shot a hadou at it...and then I got hit by something by moving out of the hadou or something. Just killing the boss would've gotten me in prime position for A.

And now I don't like video games anymore, just Ibara. Ibara's my new hobby.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Good going m3tall1ca, go for the A!

Btw, what happened to clp? Is he banned or something? :cry: Don't tell me we've lost another good Raizing fan... :cry:
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
KAI

Post by KAI »

Ibara Arrange:
KAI 131.703.470 - ALL - DYNE (D)

I lost the medal chain on the TLB.

I'm still not capable of doing more than 1.5 mil in the 1st stage without suiciding.
I thing i'll go for the 14mil.
TLB

Post by TLB »

Bond
TOM - 9,376,230 - Stage 4 - (Type C) - PCB

Stage 4 boss. Seriously. What's up with that whore. I need to find that old video of Icarus's again. I need to pay attention to whatever sign she gives when she swoops down the screen in form 3. I GOT MASHED UP LIKE POTATOES. She was the one who raped me. Why so cruel? Why can't we stick to shooting? It also would have helped to have had a third rocket, but I died on the second last rocketship before the boss. So I was sorta crippled a little bit because I had no guns. Then I wasted my only hadou by shooting through the damn wing. FUCK YOU SHASTAAAAA. I bombed just before dying though, had about 3/4 of a bomb, it was kinda funny watching the bomb swirl around as I stopped moving and exploded.

I should seriously play this game more. My shit gets dusty in the week between days that I play. Can one of you guys, like, threaten to take my lunch money unless I play every day?
Last edited by TLB on Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.