Shikigami no Shiro

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
M.Knight

Re: Shikigami no Shiro

Post by M.Knight »

Got a clear+decent scoring with Sayo some days ago, after what can be best described as a rollercoaster of a run lol
Arcade Sayo
M.Knight - 24,810 - x6 - ALL - 1,789,487,870 - A
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKKGTpTiXTA
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/992707479?t=55m10s

The early stages went well but after 3-3 I just kept limping with low resources. The boss milk was not too great, whenever I got some lives back I would eventually lose them, and some ridiculous boss hitbox misdjudging errors at the end of the milk put me back to 1 life for 5-2. I got an extend at 5-2 thankfully, and I managed to get the clear with no resources left. That was hella tense lol.
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
AlvaLynsis

Post by AlvaLynsis »

Last edited by AlvaLynsis on Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

Nice!
I will post my response in PM here to:

I just copy and past the kuga's first spot nameo steam end google and got this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsfu2lcN9pg

this guy uses the same techniques that I used. Maybe I learned from him. This is my master's email, but I don't think there is anyone else there: stormypetrel572@hotmail.com

Sayo 4.4Bi run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpxeKGZNdqc

I will download this replay now. I can't lose this strategies again. :lol:
AlvaLynsis

Post by AlvaLynsis »

Last edited by AlvaLynsis on Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

I would say, never die. Die waste time and you want lots of time to milk the 5-1 until the heads don't let you go further.
AlvaLynsis

Post by AlvaLynsis »

third_strike

Post by third_strike »

AlvaLynsis wrote:I'm under the impression that the 2 bombs you can get from getting hit
You will get more bombs just from scoring over 1Bi before boss 5-1.
I wonder why Akai uses two bombs on 4-1 dragon but none on 4-2. Those two
Because 4-1 can get out off screen and consume time.
AlvaLynsis

Post by AlvaLynsis »

third_strike

Post by third_strike »

AlvaLynsis wrote:It's making a lot more sense now.
In Shikigami no Shiro you live or die for time. :D
Good lucky!
AlvaLynsis

Post by AlvaLynsis »

third_strike

Post by third_strike »

Better to use tension shoot Kuga's shiki is very weak.
AlvaLynsis

Post by AlvaLynsis »

M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Arcade Sayo
M.Knight - 37,648 - x6 - ALL - 2,882,472,110 - A
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d_RqQEUayA

After some practice (especially on the milk) I have this 2.8 bil score that's much safer than my first clear. There's still room for improvement, I would like to get 3 bil if possible.

third_strike : By the way, do you know if the replays you previously had were from various players or the same one? I downloaded them back then and recently re-uploaded them ( you can see the links in the Shmups Wiki video index : https://shmups.wiki/library/Shikigami_n ... ideo_Index ), but I had to refer to the initials we see at the end of some runs in the replay menu to infer the names. There's ENX? but also stuff like DIL or SI2R. Are they all different people?
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

M.Knight wrote:Arcade Sayo
M.Knight - 37,648 - x6 - ALL - 2,882,472,110 - A
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d_RqQEUayA

After some practice (especially on the milk) I have this 2.8 bil score that's much safer than my first clear. There's still room for improvement, I would like to get 3 bil if possible.

third_strike : By the way, do you know if the replays you previously had were from various players or the same one? I downloaded them back then and recently re-uploaded them ( you can see the links in the Shmups Wiki video index : https://shmups.wiki/library/Shikigami_n ... ideo_Index ), but I had to refer to the initials we see at the end of some runs in the replay menu to infer the names. There's ENX? but also stuff like DIL or SI2R. Are they all different people?
They are different people, you can see for initials . And thanks for upload the replays. Keep the scores coming.
Mishi

Post by Mishi »

I guess I'm not done yet. I wanna test some new techniques still, but this score got me quite excited.

PLAYER: Mishi
GET ITEMS: 48,727
TENSION AVERAGE: x7
REACHED STAGE: All
SCORE: 3,681,651,450
CLASS: A
CHARACTER: Kim

https://youtu.be/An90RUiUECE
Spoiler
Play Guilty Gear
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

That is a huge improvements guys, I'm getting jealous :oops: :oops: :oops:
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

It's been a few weeks since I have gotten a new personal-best so I might as well put this up just in case I never get a better score :oops:
Joining the 3 billion club; aiming to win the Kim Race too~

I -almost- had another run for 3 billion the other night, but AS PER USUAL i choked hard on stage 5.

Arcade Kim
EmperorIng - 40,662 - x6 - ALL - 3,050,128,020 - S

Video of the run: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/992895865

I was pleased that this turned out to be a S rank, which is rare in these runs, lol. I need to up my game and time-saving strategy... but Stage 3 is so risky with my current routes, regardless of whether or not I take one intentional death there, or two. I really need to find out a way to get close, or crack that 1,050,000 mark before the 5-1 boss to get that precious bomb/extend.
AlvaLynsis

Post by AlvaLynsis »

third_strike

Post by third_strike »

Joining the 3 billion club
And over 40K itens!
I want to get 3 bil at some point.
:wink:

Good! Jobs Guys!!!!!!
Mishi

Post by Mishi »

PLAYER: Mishi
GET ITEMS: 51,790
SCORE: 3,980,062,450
CLASS: B
Spoiler
I got hit way too much, but still a massive PB. I was gonna wait till I get a 4B run and an actual recording of it, but I'll post this here in the meantime till that happens.
Play Guilty Gear
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

i've said it elsewhere, but man, what a legendary score. 4 billion is so close, and for me so far. I feel like I've long fallen off in the 'race'. :P

Good luck if you can manage another perfect run and record it too!
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

Mishi wrote:PLAYER: Mishi
GET ITEMS: 51,790
SCORE: 3,980,062,450
CLASS: B
Spoiler
I got hit way too much, but still a massive PB. I was gonna wait till I get a 4B run and an actual recording of it, but I'll post this here in the meantime till that happens.

Congratulation for the score. Now you are in top.

I would like trythis game too, but I can't get the EX version running in my windows 10 PC. When I double click the iso I get a mensage saying which the iso is corrupted. Can Someone assist me?
Mishi

Post by Mishi »

I know a few others had trouble with the EX version on windows 10, so not sure what you would need to do there. There is a steam version release for what it is worth, but it's not a perfect replacement either.
Play Guilty Gear
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

M.Knight / 43,027 / x6 / ALL / 3,349,472,640 / S / Sayo
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EeT2uQ2cCI

And here's my latest PB with Sayo. Since I'll be playing the game for Shmup Slam 4, I have to practice a lot more and I can really see the improvements. Not only is my consistency in general better thanks to safer and faster kills with clever bombing, but the milk itself is also something I shouldn't lose tons of lives to anymore since I don't go through dangerous/risky hitboxes.
There's still a bunch of boss phase skips I haven't done properly so the score can still grow, but te consistency is what I should focus on for now.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

I'd be remiss if I didn't congratulate M.Knight on his huge Sayo score. It's so great to see a few of us really dive into this game and series the past year+.

And, seeing as I too am participating in shmup slam 4, I have started practicing as well. And have a nice big new score to share! :wink:
It's been so long since I had made a substantial improvement; I was getting worried.

Arcade Kim
EmperorIng - 45,752 - x6 - ALL - 3,327,540,600 - A

I just wish I had recorded this. Just gotta do better the next time. Maybe find a way to get that average tension up to x7...?

third_strike, did you ever figure out the problem with the pc EX port?
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

EmperorIng wrote:I'd be remiss if I didn't congratulate M.Knight on his huge Sayo score. It's so great to see a few of us really dive into this game and series the past year+.

And, seeing as I too am participating in shmup slam 4, I have started practicing as well. And have a nice big new score to share! :wink:
It's been so long since I had made a substantial improvement; I was getting worried.

Arcade Kim
EmperorIng - 45,752 - x6 - ALL - 3,327,540,600 - A

I just wish I had recorded this. Just gotta do better the next time. Maybe find a way to get that average tension up to x7...?

third_strike, did you ever figure out the problem with the pc EX port?
Congrats for improvement!!!
And , yes I do thanks to M.Knight.
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

M.Knight / 53,957 / x7 / ALL / 4,020,371,590 / A / Sayo
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N74BhQeauS8

4 billion get! :D
After Shmup Slam, I practiced a bunch of riskier but more lucrative strats. It boosted my score and I felt that 4 bil was within reach. I noticeably changed the milk strat on the third wave from HomeRunAkai's to SI2R's strat. After a few very close runs and a grinding session, I managed to get a run without at least 10 deaths in it and I thus nabbed this groovy 4bil score!
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

M.Knight wrote:M.Knight / 53,957 / x7 / ALL / 4,020,371,590 / A / Sayo
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N74BhQeauS8

4 billion get! :D
After Shmup Slam, I practiced a bunch of riskier but more lucrative strats. It boosted my score and I felt that 4 bil was within reach. I noticeably changed the milk strat on the third wave from HomeRunAkai's to SI2R's strat. After a few very close runs and a grinding session, I managed to get a run without at least 10 deaths in it and I thus nabbed this groovy 4bil score!
Overall!!!
Congratulations man, you deserve it!
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Yeah, it's a score worthy of reverence to be sure! :mrgreen:
To be honest I didn't think you'd jump at the head of the pack so quickly but man you've gotten so much better in a short amount of time, especially with Sayo! Congratulations are in order... I don't know if anyone outside of Japan ever got to 4 billion before.

Of course I wanna eventually get there myself! :twisted: So I've been practicing pretty feverishly to improve my scores as my gains have gotten smaller and smaller over the past few months. But today I got a pretty good new PB that I thought I might share.

Arcade Kim
EmperorIng - 49,650 - x7 - ALL - 3,764,712,940 - S

I managed to record this video as well.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1140319649

This run is also a first for me, and a long-time goal: I managed to crack 1 billion points before the 5-1 boss! 1.02 billion, just before the next extend! I have been working hard and studying Japanese replays of terrible video quality to up my pre-milk game. And it paid off!

Clearly, the next frontier is 4 billion and join MKnight's club... and 50k Coins!
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

The level is high in this place.