Battle Bakraid

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
unsane

Post by unsane »

charlie chong wrote:are you chaining much through certain parts??

Nope, i chain nothing at all. I'm still new to the whole chaining thing in "modern" verts, let alone Battle Bakraid's even more difficult take on it. I come from the Raiden survival days. :P I'm really looking forward to my first shmup 1cc - i know it's vain but whatever, it's a goal to aim for so i can be one of the cool kids. ;)

I find if i focus too much on scoring in this game my survival progress grinds completely to a halt, there's just too many scoring possibilities to learn. So for now i'm just trying to survive while scoring as best i can, mostly through medalling and killing easy extra bits off bosses here and there.

Once i've got the 1cc i'll use Stage Edit and start fooling with the more difficult and esoteric scoring tricks.
unsane

Post by unsane »

Obviously after all that work, i end up breezing through stage 6, no missing it to get the 1cc after 50 hours. :P First ever shmup 1cc! Now i can feel less intimidated by shmups. :)

Normal Course:
18. unsane - 5 474 020 - Flame Viper [C] - Stage 5

Advanced Course:
6. unsane - 3 837 130 - Flame Viper [C] - Stage 5

Image Image Image
charlie chong

Post by charlie chong »

unsane wrote:Obviously after all that work, i end up breezing through stage 6, no missing it to get the 1cc after 50 hours. :P First ever shmup 1cc! Now i can feel less intimidated by shmups. :)

:D now try the chaining.even if you just learn a couple of easy places to chain you will increase your score greatly.. the desert stage boss is quite easy to chain. when he first starts attacking charge your shot and wait till he spews out 2 of those moving turrets then let off your charged shot taking out the turrets in one swoop before moving on to one of the turrets on the actual boss.. then you can move over and take out his other turret.after this your chain should be at a nice level and each one of those moving turrets you shoot from now should increase your chain or if you've reached maximum extend the maximum chain.. note you may need to add a bomb into this strategy somewhere if your chain is in danger of timing out.. practise on this boss then try and find other spots to do this.. i dont even bother medalling when i play because the points are tiny compared to chaining..
unsane

Post by unsane »

charlie chong wrote:i dont even bother medalling when i play because the points are tiny compared to chaining..

Wow, i would have thought that keeping 100k medals going (while also chaining) would add many millions of points... Though i guess perhaps making sure you don't miss a medal could interfere with keeping chains going. No idea, i'm still in the early stages of all this.
charlie chong

Post by charlie chong »

yeah if i was medalling well i would probbly break the 10 milly barrier quite easy.. i do try to medal to an extent but unlike batrider or garegga i wont kill myself or drop a bomb just to save a medal..
freddiebamboo

Post by freddiebamboo »

Putting in a bit of boss practice in the slight chance I might go back to this soon.

Boss Only

freddiebamboo - 6,169,640 - Flame Viper [C] - Stage 6 (Can't remember which boss I died on :oops: )
unsane

Post by unsane »

Limbrooke wrote:I don't really want to change the rules from the former thread or mess to much with the current listing.
Limbrooke wrote:Since nobody else complained about Stage Edit I'm leaving it as is until further notice. I'm not forbidding it but your score will show an (SE) afterwards, that's all. Maybe if/when I want to switch from

Code: Select all

to [quote ] for the listings I'll more formally accept Stage Edit.[/quote]

I just read through the [url=http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?t=416]old hs thread[/url] and Stage Edit seems to have been implicitly accepted by Rastan78.  From the very beginning he always added Icarus's SE scores, without ever saying a peep about SE, and was even closely competing back and forth against Icarus.  It's improbable Rastan78 was silently handicapping himself but i guess you never know.

Anyways, in the process i noticed several Normal Course hiscores that are missing (SE) if you do keep that notation:
[url=http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?p=204512#204512]Zinger[/url] ([url=http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?p=261371#261371]confirmed  here[/url])
[url=http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?p=280703#280703]Imhotep[/url]
[url=http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?p=286351#286351]charli[/url]e c[url=http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?p=286932#286932]hong[/url] (all 7 of his high scores have the same stage order - i suppose there's an infinitesimal chance that he doesn't use SE and only ever gets good scores on that exact path...  :P)

I stuck to non SE so i didn't have to put a * beside my first 1cc, but now that's out of the way i'll switch to SE if all the big scorers use it.  I'm particularly curious to know if a single person in the top 10 [i]didn't[/i] use SE.  freddiebamboo, shoe-sama, crithit5000, did all of you use SE?  Anyone else use Stage Edit that didn't think to mention it?
freddiebamboo

Post by freddiebamboo »

unsane wrote:I'm particularly curious to know if a single person in the top 10 didn't use SE. freddiebamboo, shoe-sama, crithit5000, did all of you use SE? Anyone else use Stage Edit that didn't think to mention it?
My score is stage edited and I'm sure that both rastan78 and smraedis would have both have used it - for optimal chaining in the stages you need to see the right order come out. I'd be amazed if the current WR didn't use it also.
freddiebamboo

Post by freddiebamboo »

Edit: Double Post
shoe-sama
Banned User

Post by shoe-sama »

wtf who uses stage edit

i can't even chain any stage yet

heck I've never even done max chain on axebeak
<Sidwell> TSS is manlier than a jet figher made of biceps.
charlie chong

Post by charlie chong »

I USE STAGE EDIT ! I AM NOT ASHAMMED
Acid King

Post by Acid King »

Congrats on the 1cc, Unsane. Bakraid was my first and one of the only games I've 1cc cleared. If you can clear normal course on Bakraid, you can clear normal on Batrider. The problem with the medal chaining is that the 100k medals only appear while the multiplier is active so keeping your medal chain while suiciding and chaining enemies is quite a task. I don't know that it's even possible.

First run of the day and I beat my high, almost moved up a spot too. Also, it's the first time I managed to pull 10 million from Axebeak, I just fucked up the stage chaining so my score only went up a little. Died on Gigamanta.

Normal course

Acid King - 19,222,690 - Flame viper [A] - Stage 6 - [SE]
Feedback will set you free.
captpain wrote:Basically, the reason people don't like Bakraid is because they are fat and dumb
charlie chong

Post by charlie chong »

Acid King wrote: Also, it's the first time I managed to pull 10 million from Axebeak, I just fucked up the stage chaining so my score only went up a little. Died on Gigamanta.

Normal course

Acid King - 19,222,690 - Flame viper [A] - Stage 6 - [SE]
ooof nice one mate! need to work out that axebeak milking shit... i dont get no points off that bugger at all... so whats the technique with flame viper?? (i never even got to see icarus axe beak milk cos i've got no internet at home but i read about it)
Acid King

Post by Acid King »

charlie chong wrote:
ooof nice one mate! need to work out that axebeak milking shit... i dont get no points off that bugger at all... so whats the technique with flame viper?? (i never even got to see icarus axe beak milk cos i've got no internet at home but i read about it)
I basically weaken the one side of missile turrets and the cockpit up top a little bit with the charge shot, along with the core of the boss. When the doors open above the missile turrets the second time, I drop a bomb on the side I didn't weaken, which takes out the three turrets on that side, and I kill the three weakened turrets on the other side with the tickler. When the doors open again, drop the bomb fragment to that side and kill the other door with the tickler and suicide. Drop a bomb away from the boss and take out the cockpit and the remaining door with the tickler and suicide. Drop a bomb away from the boss and blow off the front piece and the core with the shot and bomb if you have to.

Today was the first time I did it right after god knows how many months of practice and even seeing videos of it being done. Superplay has a 70 some million flame viper advance course ALL on it that helped a lot. Its much more deliberate than it seems when you read an explanation. On my best previous attempts I only hit 5 or 6 million off him so pretty much all my improvement in my score was those last bits of the boss. I have strategies for the stages, but without getting the right number of extends, I can only chain pieces.
captpain wrote:Basically, the reason people don't like Bakraid is because they are fat and dumb
charlie chong

Post by charlie chong »

Acid King wrote:

. I have strategies for the stages, but without getting the right number of extends, I can only chain pieces.
yeah same with me.. seaside and the level with the red oil rigs and shit are probbly my best for chaining.. cant chain railway at all :oops:
i guess i need to see this axebeak milk.. i'll try get a mate to download it for me ..
Acid King

Post by Acid King »

Same goes for me. Naval and seaside are the stages I can pull decent points from. I could probably get all of seaside if I managed to do everything right. I have some ideas for the desert stage but I rarely have the extends to do it.

Also, one thing I've noticed is that the rank gets real fierce, real fast when you start to score and get extends. Shit gets real hectic with all the bullets and shrapnel and suicides.
Acid King

Post by Acid King »

Advanced:

Acid King - 17 262 240 - Flame Viper [A] - Stage 4 (SE)
clp

Post by clp »

Normal Course:
clp - 9 772 470 - Flame Viper [C] - ALL

clp

Post by clp »

i take it this thread no longer gets updated then ?
Zebra Airforce

Post by Zebra Airforce »

Lombrooke is still active aorund here, so try PMing him.
Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

clp wrote:i take it this thread no longer gets updated then ?
I update when I feel like it. Otherwise, have a little patience or try private message. The last Bakraid HS thread wasn't updated for over a year and nobody seemed to mind.
'Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon.'
clp

Post by clp »

thanks limbrooke :wink:
worstplayer

Post by worstplayer »

worstplayer - 5261520 - Saber Tiger [A] - stage 6

I f***ed up big time on last boss :(
"A game isn't bad because you resent it. A game is bad because it's shitty."
clp

Post by clp »

with the last form of the last boss i always find staying to the bottom left area of the screen is best to weave through his spam attack then its just the moving laser things you have to learn which i find a damn sight easier than the swaying ones on garegga.
Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

Normal Course:
Ruldra - 5,409,620 - Lightning Wolf [C] - Stage 6
[Youtube | 1cc list | Steam]
mastermx wrote:
xorthen wrote:You guys are some hardcore MOFOs and masochists.
This is the biggest compliment you can give to people on this forum.
Ravid

Post by Ravid »

SE used (obviously).
Ravid - 18,176,370 - Flame Viper [A] - Stage 5
I skipped out a stage in SE (don't ask) so the stage i died on was actually cloud; not sure if you want to count that as 5 or 6.
lowemark

Post by lowemark »

lowemark - 13,227,390 - Blade Owl [C] - stage 6 (normal)

this is such a great game!

slugnoid

Post by slugnoid »

slugnoid - 6,022,110 - Flame Viper [A] - stage 5 (normal)

spongdangly

Post by spongdangly »

spongdangly - 5,564,320 - Flame Viper [C] - Stage 6 (normal)

spongdangly - 5,803,580 - Flame Viper [C] - Stage 6 (advanced)

edit: updated hi score and added advanced course
Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

Updated.

Normal Course will be cut down to a top 10 shortly.
'Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon.'