Raiden DX

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
DEL

!

Post by DEL »

^You've already achieved it Mills

ADVANCED AUTO ON 10.000.000+α VEGETA

ADVANCED AUTO NO 10.000.000+α DKT-GER

You scored higher than 10,000,000 also, so you've equalled those guys (on Advanced/Charlie Mission).

However, the PRACTICE SNP challenge that EXCHANGER reached 3-8 on is another matter.
Mills

Re: !

Post by Mills »

DEL wrote:^You've already achieved it Mills

ADVANCED AUTO ON 10.000.000+α VEGETA

ADVANCED AUTO NO 10.000.000+α DKT-GER

You scored higher than 10,000,000 also, so you've equalled those guys (on Advanced/Charlie Mission).

However, the PRACTICE SNP challenge that EXCHANGER reached 3-8 on is another matter.
Dont know what your talking about, but havent achieved jacksh*t. ive already stated time and time again that my highest charlie mission score was 17million 3rd loop. highest japanese score in my arcadia magazine was 21million. dont know where your figures are coming from. Raiden Dx goes up to 10 loops so 10million score is irrelevant and just a formality score.
DEL

!

Post by DEL »

Yes the Arcadia 10,000,000 scores for Advanced/Charlie Mission are formality scores, like those for Truxton, Fire Shark and many other multi-looping games, but that's how they are listed on Gemant's AIVA Arcadia WR listings. So you've achieved the same benchmark as them.
Anyway your 17mil is damn close to the 21mil.

Take a look:
http://www.aiva.emuita.it/gamest.php?pag=R
themachinist

Post by themachinist »

Arcade

themachinist - 1,052,010 - 1-0(c) - 2P - Training - PS1

Not much.

Anyone else playing the PS1 version have their screen cutoff? I'm playing tated but a little bit of each side (right and left) is cut off :(.
CIT

Post by CIT »

Yeah, mine gets cut off, too. :(
themachinist

Post by themachinist »

CIT wrote:Yeah, mine gets cut off, too. :(
Arg, that sucks that it does that.

I've just tried Novice while attempting to score with pyramids (easier to trigger than Training!) and blinking medals, and it's made it a bit more exciting :wink: . Maybe I'll post some real scores ... eventually. :lol:
CIT

Post by CIT »

Sure, anytime. :)

The pyramids in Novice are definitely a lot more stress-free than in Training. :wink:
themachinist

Post by themachinist »

Arcade - Novice

themachinist - 1,801,260 - 1-3 - 2P - PS1

Working some scoring in while I try to 1CC gets me killed :lol: .
themachinist

Post by themachinist »

Arcade - Novice

themachinist - 2,309,520 - 1-3 2P - PS1

I always get owned by off-screen helicopters or gunboats coming up from the bottom that I don't see...
How do people get high guts rating? I can't go above the middle line otherwise I'd surely get owned. I hang out at the bottom when the action gets heavy :roll: .
CIT

Post by CIT »

I wouldn't worry about the guts bonus if you're playing on Playstation, as there's no real way to influence it anyway. Do all the other scoring tricks and you should be fine.

On the PCB you can keep the guts bonus high by pressing down start during the entire play time. You have to tape the button down or wedge a toothpick in there.
MJR

Post by MJR »

I've been playing this heavily lately, and it does appear to me more and more that guts bonus is penalized from using bombs or dying.
But then, this should be obvious ;)
themachinist

Post by themachinist »

CIT wrote:I wouldn't worry about the guts bonus if you're playing on Playstation, as there's no real way to influence it anyway. Do all the other scoring tricks and you should be fine.

On the PCB you can keep the guts bonus high by pressing down start during the entire play time. You have to tape the button down or wedge a toothpick in there.
Cool thanks for the info.
I 1-lifed it to the stage 3 boss but missed the stage 3 pyramid... and made it to stage 4. Then got owned.
Mills

Post by Mills »

themachinist wrote:
CIT wrote:I wouldn't worry about the guts bonus if you're playing on Playstation, as there's no real way to influence it anyway. Do all the other scoring tricks and you should be fine.

I 1-lifed it to the stage 3 boss but missed the stage 3 pyramid... and made it to stage 4. Then got owned.
What the hell is the GUTS rating? ive never seen or heard of that terminology used on this game. then again, i havent played it properly since 2004. is there a port for DX availiable on PSP?
themachinist

Post by themachinist »

ST: Raiden DX wrote:Guts is also a vote going from 0 to 100, and it’s based on the EOS bonuses (to see how many bombs you used) and the amount of time spent in the upper half of the screen, with the bullets scratched counting as a +1. Every point is worth 5kpts, so a full 100 guts is worth 500k points.
MJR

Post by MJR »

Mills wrote:
themachinist wrote:

What the hell is the GUTS rating? ive never seen or heard of that terminology used on this game. then again, i havent played it properly since 2004. is there a port for DX availiable on PSP?
and it does say 'GUTS', at least in the western version PCB I used to play.
But that was years ago.
CIT

Post by CIT »

Mills wrote:is there a port for DX availiable on PSP?
No port I'm afraid. But word has it the game (as well as Raiden II) will be fully emulated by end of 2008.
MJR

Post by MJR »

CIT wrote:
Mills wrote:is there a port for DX availiable on PSP?
No port I'm afraid. But word has it the game (as well as Raiden II) will be fully emulated by end of 2008.
Most of the Psp emulations I've seen are bloody useless for the two facts
1. bad framerate
2. d-pad is not responsive enough.

Hopefully first one is not true. Psp slim I hear has better d-pad
DEL

?

Post by DEL »

Mills - I've got a chance to buy a Raiden DX board from an American guy. Do you want me to go ahead and get it?
By the way, I can now get hold of cheaper Superguns - how's your ca$h situation?
MJR

Post by MJR »

So close..!

novice - normal difficulty

MJR - 5'128'000 - 1-5(c) - P2 - PSX

ImageImage

Almost right after my score, in the very next game, my left microswitch decided to resign from service. I replaced it with a new one, sadly with my cabinet takes forever to calibrate the four ones (dont ask!)
Last edited by MJR on Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CIT

Post by CIT »

I'm assuming this is a Playstation difficulty score?
MJR

Post by MJR »

Yes; normal difficulty.

I also broke my own record on training mission, normal difficulty level- by 100'000 points (7'726'430) - but since it wasn't even nearly enough to scratch Icarus' butt I didn't bother to mention it.
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

MJR wrote: 2. d-pad is not responsive enough.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaay better.
And good job on your Novice score! :D

And I have no problem running RDX/Raiden Project on my PSP. It runs supremely awesome except for the occasional choking from streaming data from the memory stick.
MJR

Post by MJR »

SFKhoa wrote:
MJR wrote: 2. d-pad is not responsive enough.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaay better.
And good job on your Novice score! :D

And I have no problem running RDX/Raiden Project on my PSP. It runs supremely awesome except for the occasional choking from streaming data from the memory stick.
Thanks, and glad to hear that :)
But fighting for top spot is a tough one. Seems to you got to play pretty much a perfect game to get there - a speed kill at every boss is mandatory, and collecting at least 50% medals in their flash value.. to get even near..!
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

MJR wrote:
Thanks, and glad to hear that :)
But fighting for top spot is a tough one. Seems to you got to play pretty much a perfect game to get there - a speed kill at every boss is mandatory, and collecting at least 50% medals in their flash value.. to get even near..!
It's only cause I got so used to whoring the hell out of the PCB version that I decided to test my luck on the PSX version and it felt a lot easier... except with no guts manipulation. Hehehe.
MJR

Post by MJR »

SFKhoa wrote: It's only cause I got so used to whoring the hell out of the PCB version that I decided to test my luck on the PSX version and it felt a lot easier... except with no guts manipulation. Hehehe.
What I mean, was that it's bloody hard to beat Icarus.. :twisted:
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

I bombed like mad at the 1-5 boss, but yeah... it's pretty hard to even catch up.
MJR

Post by MJR »

Well. I did it. I beat Icarus.
Been dreaming about this moment for quite a few years.

training - normal difficulty

MJR - 9'073'930 - 1-4 - P2 - PSX

However, just at the moment when I was writing my name my F@CKING CAMERA DECIDED TO RUN OUT OF BATTERIES.

So I had to take a photograph from the highscoretable. Also note that I ran out of time on name entry in the last two instances I ran to fetch a camera, therefore two top entries are "MJ" instead of "MJR". You can see my previous scores on the photograph, that should be proof enough.

Please also note that I use my old nick 'CAI' whenever I don't get to the advanced mission. So all scores there are mine.

Anyway..here

I also saved the replay data on my memorycard. EDIT: Ah! silly me. I can take a photo and video from the replay.

Onto the novice mission... you'll know what I'm attempting next! 8)

Ps. here is a screenshot from the replay.

Short replay video from my last moments is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnZyahIvdoU

Quality is rubbish as I dont know how to handle these (recorded from tated cabinet).. but you'll get to see me losing my cool on stage 1-3 boss and going all gung-ho over it :lol:
CIT

Post by CIT »

Whoa! Awesome score! Congrats! :shock: :!:

Don't worry about the screenshot, I actually prefer shots from the menu screen, since it confirms the level you played on.

Seems like Icarus' novice score is in danger now... :wink:

Re. Video:

Damn, you had 6 bombs! How aggravating... :twisted:
MJR

Post by MJR »

Thanks!

btw, youtube stretched the video (it didn't like the aspect ratio)
Would it be better if I upload the original 640x480 file?
It would be tilted to its side but there would be no stretching.
CIT

Post by CIT »

It would be best to add black letterboxes on the left and right. Unfortunately I have no idea how to do that. :lol: