Radirgy (New Thread)

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
M.Knight

Re: Radirgy (New Thread)

Post by M.Knight »

I reached Stage 5! :D
51,002,990 - M.Knight - Wide - 5 - 5 - 81%

By the way, there's only the Arcade mode in the Wii version. :wink:
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Here's a new score :
59,332,440 - M.Knight - Wide - 5 - 5 - 92%
I got murdered by the mid-boss a few seconds before it times out.
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Arcade Dreamcast
M.Knight - 115,138,880 - ALL -123 Laser - Speed 5 - Item 99%
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiWPgzF79iE

Manpuku
M.Knight - 242,279,950 - 3- Wide shot- Speed 5 - Item 69%
gavin19

Post by gavin19 »

M.Knight wrote:Arcade Dreamcast
M.Knight - 115,138,880 - ALL -123 Laser - Speed 5 - Item 99%
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiWPgzF79iE

Manpuku
M.Knight - 242,279,950 - 3- Wide shot- Speed 5 - Item 69%
Which version were you playing? You have Arcade/Dreamcast for the main score but then you have a Manpuku one too. AFAIK that mode was exclusive to the GC (Radilgy) and Wii (Ultimate Shooting Collection) versions.

Cheers.
a.k.a - G19
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Hi!
The first score was on the Dreamcast, and the Manpuku score is for the GameCube.
MSC 2 Radirgy (and the Radirgy in the first compilation by extension) only has the arcade mode in it, so I imagine Manpuku is GC exclusive anyway.
gavin19

Post by gavin19 »

M.Knight wrote:Hi!
The first score was on the Dreamcast, and the Manpuku score is for the GameCube.
MSC 2 Radirgy (and the Radirgy in the first compilation by extension) only has the arcade mode in it, so I imagine Manpuku is GC exclusive anyway.
No problem. I just got my Wii back a few weeks ago (the same one I gave away a number of years ago) so I'm able to play Radilgy/Karous again. Not up to Cave standards but they're both fun and less stressful. Never did get that 1cc on Radilgy but I might give it another shot.
a.k.a - G19
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

I don't really know if you can compare Cave and Milestone shmups as they both really do their own thing, but if you enjoy the technical and meticulous aspect of the Cave scoring systems, then I can see why Karous/Radirgy's rawer approach seems not up to the same standards.

Getting the Radirgy 1CC is tougher than it seems, especially if you try to score. The melee-oriented playstyle will put you at risk very often but if you prefer staying back and only using the shot to survive, then the later levels will likely overwhelm you with bullets while you won't have very frequent ABSnet to fire.
Speaking of the shot, the 123 Laser is the most powerful, but if you have the Wii version, it's quite possible that the sound effect can get grating. In any case, I didn't want to use the 123 Laser in MSC2 for that reason, but there's no similar issue in the Dreamcast version.

Have fun! :D
poptart

Post by poptart »

gavin19 wrote:Not up to Cave standards
How do you even make the comparison when they are nothing alike and don't even try to be? milestone do have better soundtracks than cave though and are actually fun even at high level whilst cave at high level are miserable miserable games, milestone had the guts to do something different in a scene full of stubborn one trick ponies who hate change whilst cave just re-skinned the same game 15 times and tweaked the anal scoring to be even more anal.
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Arcade GC
M.Knight - 133,380,270 - ALL -123 Laser - Speed 5 - Item 100%
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuSXpW0J_aY

Got back into this super fun game the last few weeks, and busted out the GC version this time as it provides a very handy Stage Select mode, as well as a sound balance I prefer, at the cost of some worse visuals (especially the portraits)
Stage Select was really convenient to learn and practice the last bosses which used to give me hell but are manageable now. I feel like my consistency has shot up big time.

Ideally I'd like to try to get 140mil, that would be cool. And maybe the bullet converter tricks too but that's random.
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Arcade GC
M.Knight - 135,507,900pts - ALL - 123 Laser - Item 99% - Speed 5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0reiugo0Z9E
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Oh whoa I completely forgot to post that PB score from a year ago lmao
Arcade GC
M.Knight - 138,566,660 - ALL - 123 Laser - Item 100% - Speed 5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixxBGMAiVvM