Vasara and Vasara 2

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Momijitsuki

Re: Vasara and Vasara 2

Post by Momijitsuki »

Haha, yeah. I don't think I fired one shot in that run there, and I was only killed by stuff I didn't know was coming. :P
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

First new score in awhile, welcome. :) And yeah, as was said, the game encourages you to get by with melee attacks as much as possible, though shooting can still be handy in a bind.
clp

Post by clp »

Vasara
clp - 1,174,130- ALL - 171 Prestige kills - Saika
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Excellent work, sir - our third Vasara 1CC and the top score on the forums so far. :) Congratulations!
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

Hey, can you see me here down? :lol:
Congrats!
clp

Post by clp »

cheers chaps this game felt alot easier after playing the sequel so much , also the last boss is hard the patterns require knowing when to move and stay still . Love both games though maybe il tackle hard mode vasara 2 next :lol:
blotto

Post by blotto »

blotto - 600,400 - 4 - 105 - Saika
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Glad to welcome our 30th participant to the Vasara 1 boards. :)

(PS - Good lord, has it really been over five years since I first opened this thread?!)
Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

Vasara (MAME)

RFP - 577,550 - 4 - 89 - Saika

I agree with the bumper car statement by NTSC-J, as it's definitely not something that helps. I also decided to finally do a run not using the charge shot to kill everything, as I had previously only done.
'Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon.'
BulletMagnet

Re:

Post by BulletMagnet »

Limbrooke wrote:I agree with the bumper car statement by NTSC-J, as it's definitely not something that helps.
I dunno, I still find "possible death" preferable to "assured death", but that's just me. Either way, nice improvement. :)
dannnnn

Post by dannnnn »

Vasara

dannnnn - 457,030 - 4 - 86 - Saika
Observer wrote:WELCOME TO VIOLENT CITY. That's all the storyline I need.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Welcome to the thread, your score's been added to the list. :)
Sobek

Post by Sobek »

This is not great at all, but I wanted to put a score up. Will try to improve on it.

Vasara 2 - Difficult Mode

Sobek - 1,402,200 - 3 - 67 - Seiryubo
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Heh, Vasara 2's "Hard" mode is no cake walk (neither is "Easy"!), so definitely take your time on that one. :)
Eleriaqueen

Post by Eleriaqueen »

Hello~ french player here (you see the problem :D)

"hey why not try pull a 1-All in Vasara ... and a Top 5 score is achievable..."

~digression ahead~
BUT Why the hell does the game let you enter the scoreboard even after using continues, and why doesn't the score reset :roll:
That's totally stupid :?

Due do the difference in scoring capabilities and generally survival/scoring routes between Sanada Saika (360° ORLY) and Maeda (on-par with or weaker than Sanada?) Vasara scoreboard should definately be split into three.
And as for Vasara 2 it's somewhat different as charge-shots are slightly more balanced :wink:

I haven't tried but i'm pretty sure that you can have a 1-ALL by clearing the first stages with 255 continues and then do the last stage in one.
That may be why so few people actually score in this game ?

ANYWAY...

Eleriaqueen - 654930 - St5 - 142 Prestige - Sanada
(Killed just before getting the extend by midboss' sword slash u_u)

Eleriaqueen - 613740 - St4(Boss) - 114 Prestige - Saika
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Hello and welcome. :)
Eleriaqueen wrote:BUT Why the hell does the game let you enter the scoreboard even after using continues, and why doesn't the score reset :roll:
That's totally stupid :?
I never bothered continuing, so I never noticed...if this is true, that is pretty lame on the part of the developers. The forum generally goes by an "honor system" when it comes to score submissions though, it's assumed that you're using one credit on default settings unless stated otherwise.
Due do the difference in scoring capabilities and generally survival/scoring routes between Sanada Saika (360° ORLY) and Maeda (on-par with or weaker than Sanada?) Vasara scoreboard should definately be split into three.
And as for Vasara 2 it's somewhat different as charge-shots are slightly more balanced :wink:
I'm not opposed to splitting the score tables if others think it's necessary, but I'd need a bit more consensus first...while Saika is definitely the most popular choice, she's not as dominant as the "favorites" in some other games are. Then there's the question of how much more "balanced" the sequel really is, or whether we ought to split those tables too...

As for your scores, for the moment I've only added the higher one to the list, but if they ever are split I'll put both on there.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Vasara

Snake -- 441,070 -- 1-4 -- 109 -- Maeda
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

New score added. :)
Eleriaqueen

Post by Eleriaqueen »

Timings for slashing stage 4 boss milking without getting obliterated... seem to be learnt but DAMN stage 4 midboss is so random due to enemies coming from top and bottom + bumper car effect => thrown into a pattern at high speed :evil:

I was at 600,000+ / 120 prestige before stage 4 midboss and died twice on him due to the aforementioned problem >_<
That's almost 80,000 better than with sanada at the same point in the game.

I swear Saika is evil, she has a 360° slash alright, but it's effect is shorter than Sanada's - and her range isn't that great either.

BTW any endgame bonus from lives/bombs still in stock ?
(Beating 1.1 mil with Saika seem reasonable, but with Sanada :?:)

Edit : 800940 - Stage 5(Boss) - 142 - Saika

I need to figure out a safe way to deal with Stage 5 midboss and final phase of the robot boss + entire stage 6 :roll:

- sigh - I've been crushed by the last boss(?) goddamn semi-aimed ultra fast bullet cages :(
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Eleriaqueen wrote:BTW any endgame bonus from lives/bombs still in stock ?
You'll have to ask someone who's actually beaten it, I'm afraid. :oops: Good luck!
Eleriaqueen

Post by Eleriaqueen »

Gee, stage 6 isn't hard but the boss is :evil:
You seriously need to no-miss the game to remotely be able to face him. His arms ARGH his damn arms keep pushing me into bullets :x

Eleriaqueen - 962490 - Stage6 - 174 - Saika

Edit : Seriously ? A second last boss :lol:
~4-8 credits a day.... -sigh- it'll take a while.

Once I can somewhat kill the last boss I'll record an INP and make a video out of it. Then hopefully tackle the sequel...
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Hang in there!
Eleriaqueen

Post by Eleriaqueen »

I just did an awesome run until around stage 6 where I lost my lives, so I decided to feed one credit to have at least one try at the last boss...
And guess what? I only fought the one portrayed without a cigar, I beat it and the level ended right there with a "bad" ending.

So the "2 bosses" are in fact the last boss and the TLB, that golden plated shoulders version which starts with both arms deployed :roll:

I wonder if the TLB is triggered by getting there with a single credit, or other prerequisites... (prestige kills / score ? / # of "heroic actions" like defeating grey enemies and midbosses)

Guess the only way to check that would be to do a run by shooting mainly :lol:
Last edited by Eleriaqueen on Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eleriaqueen

Post by Eleriaqueen »

clp wrote:Vasara

I'm sorry to say it, but this screenshot begs some explanations. If you hit the last level with 960 000 + points (my score) you fight the TLB.
And when you see the scoreboard, on the left hand side there is a huge Golden medal.

After checking on a wolfmame replay from MARP I concluded that the insigna is only shown when you let the "insert credit" screen show the scoreboard, NOT the screen shown right after you enter your name. (bad design yeah...)

So unless one provides a screenshot of the scoreboard screen with the golden insigna on it, it can be a credit fed game ! And not a genuine 1-All :cry:

Now, sofar the true last boss appears as long as you don't credit feed.
That game I played by inserting a second credit to kill the last boss (no TLB) wasn't awarded an insigna.

Thus sofar the only way to prove an ALL CLEAR is to take a screen shot of one's score along with the golden medal on the left, proof of killing the true last boss.
Well of course an INP is even better. :wink:
clp

Post by clp »

Eleriaqueen wrote:
clp wrote:Vasara

I'm sorry to say it, but this screenshot begs some explanations. If you hit the last level with 960 000 + points (my score) you fight the TLB.
And when you see the scoreboard, on the left hand side there is a huge Golden medal.

After checking on a wolfmame replay from MARP I concluded that the insigna is only shown when you let the "insert credit" screen show the scoreboard, NOT the screen shown right after you enter your name. (bad design yeah...)

So unless one provides a screenshot of the scoreboard screen with the golden insigna on it, it can be a credit fed game ! And not a genuine 1-All :cry:

Now, sofar the true last boss appears as long as you don't credit feed.
That game I played by inserting a second credit to kill the last boss (no TLB) wasn't awarded an insigna.

Thus sofar the only way to prove an ALL CLEAR is to take a screen shot of one's score along with the golden medal on the left, proof of killing the true last boss.
Well of course an INP is even better. :wink:
my picture is taken on a paused name input screen (mame) the gold medal doesnt show next to the name until the next attract sequence rolls through as you pointed out , obviously i wasnt aware of this at the time as it was the first time i 1cced this game also . You are right though for future ALL,s maybe bulletmagnet can include that at the top that the screenshot needs to be the score showing after the attract sequence .
Eleriaqueen

Post by Eleriaqueen »

Aww what a bad run ! I lost my two first lives so stupidly :oops:
Here's an INP - I'm always interested in new strategies if you have :D - oh and it ends a few seconds in the last boss :roll:
Eleriaqueen - 978390 - 169 - Saika
clp

Post by clp »

I havent watched your inp but i can certainly give you advice on the last boss and tlb patterns if you need it .I would love to know the WR for this game as with the slash combos and psyiko esque gold bars theres plenty of scoring
Eleriaqueen

Post by Eleriaqueen »

There are some big problems when you try to score in this game though.
1 - Picking up hearts to fill your gauge is based on luck because hearts have a random falling pattern.
2 - Avoiding hearts to unleash your charge attack at specific spots is made even more random due to (1)
3 - Picking up full value goldbars during the entire game ("bzzt I'm a robot") while doing the above will certainly help you get 1.7-1.9 million points but is simply not doable.

As for the last bosses :

I - Fake boss / Last boss:

1 - stay at his feet during the bullet cage.
2 - slash attacks until he has done twice the tri-flame shots
3 - stay put near his feet during the bullet cage
4 - slash some more until phase is over

~Now with arms
1 - slash two times then go for the lower left corner, right arm passes by and I avoid most bullets.
2 - slash 1 time and go for the right corner, prepare a slash and unleash it when right arm passes by and pray for not getting owned by the aimed stream of bullets :lol:
3 - slash attack until end of phase

~Last phase
1 - Well-timed slash attacks while going from one side to the other thus avoiding all his bullet cages (spiced with a 3 flames spread) <== this is only 75% safe

II - True Last Boss :
1 - Stay at his feet and avoid bullet cage
2 - PRAY
3 - BOMB
4 - PRAY some more ?
5 - Have extra lives and BOMB some more ?
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

clp wrote:You are right though for future ALL,s maybe bulletmagnet can include that at the top that the screenshot needs to be the score showing after the attract sequence .
Eh, I don't think it's too big a deal - not like very many people will be faking Vasara 1CCs, since nobody outside this thread is likely to care too much, heh.
Avoiding hearts to unleash your charge attack at specific spots is made even more random due to (1)
I don't know how much you've played Vasara 2, but it more or less solves this by "combining" the Vasara attack and the bomb into a single technique, which can be refilled by collecting gems but also unleashed whenever you want. Of course, the second game is still stupidly hard.
TLB

Post by TLB »

Hey, good to see you back, clp! I still haven't been able to play either Vasara for long enough to post a score. I really need to get on that.