Vasara and Vasara 2

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Eleriaqueen

Re: Vasara and Vasara 2

Post by Eleriaqueen »

BulletMagnet wrote:
clp wrote:You are right though for future ALL,s maybe bulletmagnet can include that at the top that the screenshot needs to be the score showing after the attract sequence .
Eh, I don't think it's too big a deal - not like very many people will be faking Vasara 1CCs, since nobody outside this thread is likely to care too much, heh.
Avoiding hearts to unleash your charge attack at specific spots is made even more random due to (1)
I don't know how much you've played Vasara 2, but it more or less solves this by "combining" the Vasara attack and the bomb into a single technique, which can be refilled by collecting gems but also unleashed whenever you want. Of course, the second game is still stupidly hard.
Well, about the golden medal thing and faking or not the 1cc, today I went on checking if one can meet the TLB under other conditions but guess what, I panicked at the last boss and just couldn't beat it. So I fed one credit out of anger and ... :roll: I went back to the beginning of stage 6.
Then things begin to be screwed up ! I face the last boss and beat it... and there comes the TLB :|
(oh and that game was awarded the golden medal !)

=> after using a continue - only at level 6 - you don't get punished, your score isn't reset and you face the "true" last boss :cry:
(this must be the worst shooting game progression mechanics ever ! I think there is no Worldrecord for this game, as only a video can attest of the 1-credit-ness of the play)

So I fear the only real proof of beating the game is to have an INP up on MARP >_<
But then is it being overly cautious ? Dodonpachi 100 mil+ do require an INP aswell, and that's not considered being picky is it?

At any rate, I'm not so sure about 1cc-ing the game anymore especially in wolfmame (which adds alot of stress when I'm playing :O). I like to keep a token of my "feat" like a screenshot, but a 3 million+ game with the TLB insigna are obtainable by looping the 6th stage over and over. :x

In the end, if you ask me, Vasara 1 board should be closed.
(and I'm probably going to train on the sequel...)
Dragoforce

Post by Dragoforce »

Chill out dude.
Swedish shmup community - stgfan.com
Do not be afraid...
clp

Post by clp »

m3tall1ca wrote:Hey, good to see you back, clp! I still haven't been able to play either Vasara for long enough to post a score. I really need to get on that.
Hey man , make sure you go straight to vasara 2 :wink: it really is the better game .
Eleriaqueen

Post by Eleriaqueen »

Dragoforce wrote:Chill out dude.
When I wrote that I was perfectly calm, the game deserves it ^_^

Oh and just out of curiosity, I tested all that stuff I did with the first game but on the sequel and it's exactly as flawed as it's predecessor :lol:

I lost my last life right into stage 6 so I fed a credit to see nobunaga (he's easier than stage 5 boss by FAR) I beat it and my score has gold lettering on the left.

Visco(maker of the vasara games among other things), you suck big time !
clp

Post by clp »

Eleriaqueen wrote:

Oh and just out of curiosity, I tested all that stuff I did with the first game but on the sequel and it's exactly as flawed as it's predecessor :lol:

I lost my last life right into stage 6 so I fed a credit to see nobunaga (he's easier than stage 5 boss by FAR) I beat it and my score has gold lettering on the left.

If this was some sort of official ranking id be worried but this is a community of people who have posted scores with proof for so many games i doubt very much that anyone would go through the trouble of cheating on this obscure game , so worry less and play more .
Eleriaqueen

Post by Eleriaqueen »

clp wrote:
Eleriaqueen wrote:

If this was some sort of official ranking id be worried but this is a community of people who have posted scores with proof for so many games i doubt very much that anyone would go through the trouble of cheating on this obscure game , so worry less and play more .
True I'm a worrying machine, but knowing the scoring system is made useless due to those problems takes away something, to me that is :roll:

Both games while I can play/score pretty good are less appealing since I found those oddities...
Aliquantic

Post by Aliquantic »

Aliquant - 4,869,030 - 4 - 97 - Sandayu

All my deaths were on the bosses so I can do better, but this will have to do for a placeholder. And it gives me an excuse to post on that thread and ask if anyone knows of any high-level replay for the Vasaras, especially Difficult mode? The usual suspects (Youtube, Nico Nico and MARP) didn't yield anything, and according to Plasmo's WR thread Arcadia isn't even tracking scores for this game. Thanks :)
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Will post your score, but is that for the Easy or Hard mode?
Aliquantic

Post by Aliquantic »

BulletMagnet wrote:Will post your score, but is that for the Easy or Hard mode?
:eggface: Sorry I forgot that, but it was Easy :|
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Okay, added. :)
RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

Can't seem to find any superplays for this game. My score is currently at about 480,000, but I can see it going much higher.
saucykobold

Post by saucykobold »

RNGmaster wrote:Can't seem to find any superplays for this game.
MARP has a few .inp files. Nicovideo seems to have two runs (some of these may give you a black screen during particularly busy hours):

Spear guy
Fan girl
Fan girl continued
RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

Thanks! Also, how do I enable savestates? The don't work consistently ATM.
Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

saucykobold wrote:
RNGmaster wrote:Can't seem to find any superplays for this game.
MARP has a few .inp files. Nicovideo seems to have two runs (some of these may give you a black screen during particularly busy hours):

Spear guy
Fan girl
Fan girl continued
Impressive. I never would've thought a Vasara replay would show up nicovideo, let alone be found thanks to likeness of the name to other more common videos. I never had any luck over the course of several searches. The Saika replay is not bad, it reminds me very much of my own play pardon the lack of deaths. I feel to go back and do a number on the old score.
'Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon.'
liangnv

Post by liangnv »

Vasara 1 is best. :mrgreen:
chronic1

Post by chronic1 »

Hey everyone,

This is the first shmup I've ever purchased. After I got a few more, Vasara sat in my closet for a bit. But I got a second E2 and had room for 2 smups at once! Pulled Vasara out the other day and got a really good score (for me). It still isn't a great score...but when I get over 400k, I'll post another score!

ZAC - 305,550 - 4 - 82 - Sanada

http://i55.tinypic.com/a2xchs.jpg
-=<chronic1>=-
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

And the individual entries for Vasara reach 35 total. :)
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

The sword guy's name would be Yukimura.
The spear guy's name would be Sakon.
The fan girl's name would be Saiga.

The fan guy in Vasara 2 would be Saika.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

When I first started this thread I based the names for the first game's characters on the Xenocide Files review though HG101 has more recently put up an article of its own. In any event, the sword guy's name is "Yukimura Sanada", I just used the other half of his name - not sure where you found "Sakon" for the spear guy, as both sites name him as "Keiji Maeda". As for the pair of fan wielders, I'm tempted to leave Vasara 2's Magoichi as he is, since that's what the title screen calls him, but I probably ought to correct the girl's name.

EDIT: Changed fan gal's name to "Saiga", though people can feel free to submit scores for her under "Magoichi" if they'd like, and the same goes for other chars if they prefer to use other designations - for the sake of uniformity (and not having to list full names for everyone) on the first-post list, though, I'll change them to a "standard" listing there.
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

Third_strike - 562,320 - 4 - 109 - Saiga
Third_strike - 765,890 - 5 - 122 - Saiga
Gemant

Post by Gemant »

Aliquantic wrote: and according to Plasmo's WR thread Arcadia isn't even tracking scores for this game. Thanks :)
Vasara 1: in Arcadia magazine not scores for this game because the game is banned for a infinite pattern problem (I think during tghe last Boss of the game). However some scores (not official) appear on arcadia, best was 1.783.660.

Vasara 2: in Arcadia magazine, only difficult mode is accepted.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Gemant wrote:Vasara 2: in Arcadia magazine, only difficult mode is accepted.
That's a tad evil.
ratikal

Post by ratikal »

Vasara 2
Ratikal - 5,293,730 - 5 - 103 - Shuriken girl

Fun game, intending to ALL it.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Will add to list, but was that for Easy or Hard mode?
ratikal

Post by ratikal »

Sorry, it was for Easy.
Wlf

Post by Wlf »

I go to work hard to vasara : i ll try 1CC NO MISS NO BOMB NO VASARA :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: (yes french are crazy :mrgreen: )

for ce moment

LVL1 easy
LVL2 easy
LVL3 often

CU GUYS ! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

For a game like this I'd recommend you follow in your fellow countryman's pursuit of the 1-sissy. ;)
chum

Post by chum »

chum - 823,580 - 5 - 130 - Saiga

Trying to work it out, but I don't really understand just yet
d0s

Post by d0s »

Vasara

dos - 329880 - 3 - 65 - Maeda

Just starting out with this board, I find it really fun. Pretty sure I'm gonna be doubling this score soon now that I got the hang of it
Dumple

Post by Dumple »

Vasara:
Dumple - 809,700 - ALL - 156 - Sanada