@LUNardai
Thx! I had a hard training behind me. :wink:

Sayonara,
Stahlfeder
"Wingleader to Base, Wingleader to Base"
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

TWE - 35,716,020 - 5-2 - Ageha

Ended my game again on the first 5-2 boss. I also lost 3-4 lives in Level 4, for some reason. :oops: The good news is I can get by the 5-1 boss now usually without dying. Hopefully the 1CC will come soon, and I'll get my 40+mil score. :D
Stahlfeder

Post by Stahlfeder »

New Score.............

Stahlfeder - 60.903 170 - All - Ageha

Sayonara,
Stahlfeder

EDIT:
Arcade Mode :wink:
MrMonkeyMan

Post by MrMonkeyMan »

Nice. What kind of end game bonus are you getting?
Raiden Fighters 2

Post by Raiden Fighters 2 »

He compliments a six great player indeed, also I will try to make better, that he gains the best one. he still compliments
shooting game........... forever
LUNardei

Post by LUNardei »

Great battle at the horizon... :D
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

TWE - 37,743,030 - 5-2 - Ageha

I came into the 5-2 bosses with only one life left and somehow managed to make it all the way to the very final part with all the up-down-left-right bullet hell, dying right at the start. Very frustrating as I practiced this part of the boss in simulation many times and could get by it without dying about 80% of the time. I guess my nerves just got to me. I lost 3-4 lives in L4 again, which is kinda killing my scores and chances at a 1CC. I just need to get that stage and 5-1 more consistent, then the 1CC should come along.

BTW sorry GaijinPunch, I now have the highest score amongst the Hawaii players. :wink:
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

TWE - 38,382,430 - 5-2 - Ageha

This is getting frustrating. I made it to the 5-2 bosses with 4 lives and lost my last one right before the very final attack. I know the 1CC is very close at hand though, so I'll keep trying. At this point I may make it to 40 mil BEFORE I get a 1CC, as I am continually improving my individual level strats as I try for the 1CC. :lol:
MrMonkeyMan

Post by MrMonkeyMan »

The only problem is once you beat it you pretty much have to beat it to improve your score from that point on, but your score's going to be pretty good when you do clear the game.

Anyway, all this action here has got me back into the game. I've decided to totally relearn all the stages, so far I've only got stage 1 down. Finally broke 4 million today with 4.19 million. Now I need to start learning stage 2 again. This could take me a while at this rate.
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

Finally. :D Good enough for 7th place here.

TWE - 43,564,350 - ALL - Ageha

I had 39.1mil as a base score, finished with only
1 life, 6 life bars, about 25% of my guard barrier,
and no gold. I got to the final phase of Jakou with
1 life left, and got through it unscathed!
If I can get through the very first part, the
rest is a piece of cake. I was hoping to get at least
45 mil, but I guess I need to finish with more than one
life to get near that.

Last edited by EOJ on Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

MrMonkeyMan wrote:The only problem is once you beat it you pretty much have to beat it to improve your score from that point on, but your score's going to be pretty good when you do clear the game.

Anyway, all this action here has got me back into the game. I've decided to totally relearn all the stages, so far I've only got stage 1 down. Finally broke 4 million today with 4.19 million. Now I need to start learning stage 2 again. This could take me a while at this rate.
Yeah. I've only beat it with one life left though, so beating it with more than one life is a new goal, and one that should boost my score.

Good to hear you're playing again. I felt like I was one of the last people playing this! It's my 2nd all-time fave shmup, right behind ikaruga. :D
What kind of L3 scores are you getting? On a good run I can get 11.5 mil.
As for L1, I've never broken 4mil, but I consistently get 3-3.4mil, my best being about 3.5mil.
lmn4096

Post by lmn4096 »

Little improvement...

LMN4096 24,040,890 5-2 Ageha

just 3 pixels of life for the last transform Boss :x
MrMonkeyMan

Post by MrMonkeyMan »

twe wrote:
MrMonkeyMan wrote:The only problem is once you beat it you pretty much have to beat it to improve your score from that point on, but your score's going to be pretty good when you do clear the game.

Yeah. I've only beat it with one life left though, so beating it with more than one life is a new goal, and one that should boost my score.

Good to hear you're playing again. I felt like I was one of the last people playing this! It's my 2nd all-time fave shmup, right behind ikaruga. :D
What kind of L3 scores are you getting? On a good run I can get 11.5 mil.
As for L1, I've never broken 4mil, but I consistently get 3-3.4mil, my best being about 3.5mil.
Stage 3 I used to get around 11 million very consistently. In fact, with all my old strategies I was very consistent which is why I used those strategies. Since my 52 million game was pretty much maxed out with those strategies I kind of need to find new paths through the levels.

Hopefully I'll be able to pull off 12-13 million after some practice on stage 3. For now I'm doing stage 2 and so far, with a pretty sloppy run, I can get 8 million.

It's good to see you finally beat it. Hopefully that doesn't kill your drive to get a higher score.
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

MrMonkeyMan wrote:Hopefully I'll be able to pull off 12-13 million after some practice on stage 3. For now I'm doing stage 2 and so far, with a pretty sloppy run, I can get 8 million.
I have done 12-13 mil in practice mode, but this is done via milking the boss as the DVD player does. I die far too often on this, so I've never had the guts to do it in a real run.
It's good to see you finally beat it. Hopefully that doesn't kill your drive to get a higher score.
Thanks. Took me about a month and a half (I got the game in April actually but only played it a few hours and put it on the backburner until this past July) of dedicated play, though the past 3-4 weeks I haven't had much time to play games, just a half hour here and there during the week.
Anyway, the first time I 1CCd Ikaruga I only had something like 21 or 23 mil, and I kept improving to my final score of 29.5 mil, so I can see a similar situation happening with Galuda. My next goal is to finish with 2-3 lives left and get over 45 mil. I'm also interested in starting on chaining the first 2 levels of DDP DOJ. :D
Jet Black

Post by Jet Black »

Arcade:

12.199.080 Stage 4 Ageha
kawaijb

Post by kawaijb »

yeah stage 3 mid boss milk gives many points if done correctly

MMM, wouah 4.19mil on stage 1 is just very good, the jap best ever is 4.50mil I think
Stahlfeder

Post by Stahlfeder »

@Raiden Fighters 2
Try it... :wink:

The Real No. 1 is Clover-Tac

71,5 Mil. Highscore! :D

Sayonara,
Stahlfeder
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

Stahlfeder wrote:@Raiden Fighters 2
Try it... :wink:

The Real No. 1 is Clover-Tac

71,5 Mil. Highscore! :D

Sayonara,
Stahlfeder
Actually, the real number 1 is ISO, who has scored 72,074,190 with Ageha.
Stahlfeder

Post by Stahlfeder »

:oops:

Sayonara,
Stahlfeder
Jedah Doma

Post by Jedah Doma »

Alright, went back for a little bit of ESP Galuda goodness. Still getting the hang of things. I love these Cave games, but they are hard indeed. I miss not having the hit box glow when you shot lasers like in Mushi. Oh well, enough ramblings. My score as of now:

Arcade 5-1 Ageha

Need some improvement and sometime I'll watch the DVD in depth the find the right spots to get the most gold. For now, this will have to do.

Great people I've had deals with:
superhitachi4, KyleRXZero, Canadianzombie, Wanderer, and Strider77.
MovingTarget

Post by MovingTarget »

I'm curious why so many are using ageha.
Know thy enemy attack pattern.
LUNardei

Post by LUNardei »

MovingTarget wrote:I'm curious why so many are using ageha.
Her shot is not easy to use in this game. And she's slow like an agony... So glory again to Clover-TAC! :)
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

I'm starting to play with Tateha now. It's a different approach, but I'm having fun, it's almost like a new game. She's actually stronger in some regards (wider normal shot, stronger Kakusei normal shot).

Anyway I hope to have the first ALL clear Tateha score here (and also be one of the first Westerners to have 1CCed the game with both Ageha and Tateha). Of course now that I've said this, I'm sure MrMonkeyMan will jump in, learn to use her in 2 days and get an all clear before me. :lol:
MrMonkeyMan

Post by MrMonkeyMan »

I can't resist a challenge =P

Very first attempt :)
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

:shock: Was that an ALL clear?
MrMonkeyMan

Post by MrMonkeyMan »

That is the boss dying, isn't it?
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

Nice going. What was your score ?
BTW you might want to make two charts, one for ageha, the other for tateha. Scores for each are separate in Arcadia for example.
kawaijb

Post by kawaijb »

I think about 4 million bonus...
MrMonkeyMan

Post by MrMonkeyMan »

Well, thanks to the fact that the game doesn't even show you your final score if you don't make the top five list, I have to do the math myself, and judging by the picture I got 1 million points for the one life and 2.5 million for the 5 life boxes, and nothing for gold or barrier remaining.

So, I guess 36,883,420?

Anyway, I'm not gonna stick with her as I've been practicing for the last week or so with Ageha and will hopefully be breaking 60 million one day with him. Don't want to start drifting after I spent so much time getting accustomed to the game again.

I'll think about seperate tables, but no one plays as Tateha anyway.
MovingTarget

Post by MovingTarget »

I seem to be getting nowhere with this game, getting to stage 4 with about 10 mil but never more. Its normally the boss attacks that kill me. Then again I've only managed a few hours a night since I got it a week ago... How many hours have you people put into the game before noticing your scores drastically improving and reaching stage 5-2?

Also, who are these alter egos that appear in kakusei?
Know thy enemy attack pattern.