Super high-score for ya... :P

tekros - 931,060 - F-14 - 1-6 -MAME

https://drive.google.com/file/d/186yybp ... sp=sharing
maximo310

Re: Storm Blade

Post by maximo310 »

https://i.imgur.com/9UOoyEN.png

maximo - 1,803,560 - AV8B - 2-3 - MAME

havent had much time to play, but super ez clear. 8)
Dumple

Post by Dumple »

dumple - 1,319,200 - AV8b Harrier II - 2-1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk2yiV8tvOI

A dumb error on the stage 3 boss, and some struggles on stage 6, but got the 1cc!
wiNteR

Post by wiNteR »

winteR - 3,822,420 - F-14D - 2-ALL

2miss no bomb (both misses on 1-6)
billd420

Post by billd420 »

Billd420 - 1,518,500 - Mig-29 - 2-2
[authentic pcb on egret29]

wiNteR

Post by wiNteR »

winteR - 4,0818,80 - F-14D - 2-ALL

no miss no bomb
wiNteR

Post by wiNteR »

winteR - 4,125,200 - AV-8B - 2-ALL

1miss no bomb (the miss at the beginning of 2-6)
wiNteR

Post by wiNteR »

winteR - 4,242,580 - AV-8B - 2-ALL

nmnb
Meriscan

Post by Meriscan »

wiNteR wrote:winteR - 4,242,580 - AV-8B - 2-ALL

nmnb
Huge congrats on this score! If you have an INP or video of this I'd absolutely love to watch it.
wiNteR

Post by wiNteR »

Thanks. Firstly, the stage order was:
first stage: harbour (water)
second stage: sky
third stage: desert

Secondly it was a survival only run. With some sustained effort it should be (relatively speaking) easy to get a higher score. For example, I don't look at score much but few things that I noticed (kind of too obvious to miss):
1---- There is a "perfect" bonus that is awarded sometimes (at end of stage) and it seems it is related to the number/percentage of enemies destroyed (in the stage). The exact condition of it being awarded I don't know though. But that's the first thing I imagine would be the focus for increasing score.

2---- There seem to be some points that could be used for milking points it seems (mostly on bosses). I have never tried though.
Related to this, I haven't checked that whether destructible bullets give points or whether (or which) boss battles time out.

=============================

Regarding your question, is there a guide on the forum to making replays and then converting it into a video? I feel like that a comprehensive guide (e.g. covering the relevant software/tools for videos) related to this should be a sticky on the forum (in the main section of the forum).

With replays, there seems to be one other issue when there is a game where one wants to play with specific stage order but initial stages get switched upon restart. Is there a convenient short-cut (assuming that one isn't making video while playing) to make a replay in that case or the best-case is to keep restarting until one gets the desired stage order?
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

Damn congrats, also isn't it like 200k away from WR? I have been wondering what determines final boss kill score, those numbers are seemingly random.

For recording, unless you're wanna directly streaming you better off set an INP for MAME then playback it once it's done. Open notepad and type this:

Code: Select all

mame stmblade -record stmblade.inp -nvram_directory NUL
Save the file with .bat extension. For [mame] it depends on your mame exe name file, that code also disables NVRAM to prevent desync. Be sure to playback it first after done INP recording, if there's no desyncs you can playback it again with video recording this time. I use OBS because it's easy to use and open source too.
wiNteR wrote:Is there a convenient short-cut (assuming that one isn't making video while playing) to make a replay in that case or the best-case is to keep restarting until one gets the desired stage order?
I believe stage order are fixed and the easiest order (desert stage first) happens on second playthrough. Maybe once you get gameover on initial orders set a savestate so you can get desired order everytime but INP recording will desync if you load a state, you can do it with direc recording though.
wiNteR

Post by wiNteR »

copy-paster wrote:Damn congrats, also isn't it like 200k away from WR? I have been wondering what determines final boss kill score, those numbers are seemingly random.
Lol not really (not surprising, since it was a survival only run, I didn't even worry at all about destruction rates in stages). So I looked a bit (from this link: https://shmups.wiki/library/STG_Hall_of_Records) and the following high-scores come up:
The first score seems to be from 1996 (the same year the game was released) and the second from 2007.

=======

Regarding the end game score bonus (after second loop), at least partially, it seems to be based on "resources left". Lives left definitely seem to count. "Perhaps" the bombs left also count, but I am not certain.
But it doesn't seem clear whether there are some other factors that count into it too (e.g. the end of stage "perfect").
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

wiNteR wrote:winteR - 4,242,580 - AV-8B - 2-ALL

nmnb
Huge achievement , congrats!
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

For people wondering about how the WR score was achieved, Pearl has recently found a very interesting glitch that might play a big role in solving the mystery: https://youtu.be/WUu4eoGD5Pg

Maybe this can ignite some new interest for this underappreciated game!
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

Scores are updated, but I won't be updating it from here on out so please feel free to make a new thread.