shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum
 
* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:43 am View unanswered posts
View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Raiden X
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:14 pm 



Joined: 13 Nov 2006
Posts: 407
Location: Pontefract West Yorks England
Not sure if im allowed to post this its a flash version from www. newgrounds.com, I love raiden and this is actually quite good.

Name- Score- Loop-

DBH- 5,258,430- Loop 2-4

anyway dont post if this is not allowed :)


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:52 pm 



Joined: 13 Nov 2006
Posts: 407
Location: Pontefract West Yorks England
17, 380,090 LOOP 4-4


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:04 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 23 Dec 2005
Posts: 1858
Location: Ontario, Canada
Maybe I'm an asshole, but this is just a flash ripoff of Raiden 2, and watered down beyond belief. Perhaps whomever decided to 'make a tribute to Raiden 1 & 2' made a new game altogether then I might give this some respect, but I'd rather play the balls hard real Raiden 2 any day. Just my 2c...
_________________
'Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon.'


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:09 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 2156
Location: Chicago 'Burbs
Limbrooke wrote:
Maybe I'm an asshole, but this is just a flash ripoff of Raiden 2, and watered down beyond belief. Perhaps whomever decided to 'make a tribute to Raiden 1 & 2' made a new game altogether then I might give this some respect, but I'd rather play the balls hard real Raiden 2 any day. Just my 2c...


It's a flash game, take it easy. It's free. Raiden 2 is not - and good luck finding it.
_________________
Image
SiKrAiKeN: While I don't think everyone here -is- a Ninja Turtle, I DO believe everyone here has the potential to be a Ninja Turtle. No doubt.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:26 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 23 Dec 2005
Posts: 1858
Location: Ontario, Canada
landshark wrote:
It's a flash game, take it easy. It's free. Raiden 2 is not - and good luck finding it.


I just kind of expected a new game based on the description in this topic.
Then again Raiden 2 is abandonware/freeware now and isn't it now playable in MAME (can't check right now). I'll say the effort put in to make it is fine but Raiden 2 isn't exactly what I'd call hard to get ahold of.
_________________
'Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon.'


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:17 am 


User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 2156
Location: Chicago 'Burbs
It's definitely not Raiden 2. But flash lacks the ability to make such a game, it would slowdown 95% of the computers out there (if not 100%).

Sadly Raiden 2 cannot be played in mame - nobody ever bothered to crack the encryption on it.
_________________
Image
SiKrAiKeN: While I don't think everyone here -is- a Ninja Turtle, I DO believe everyone here has the potential to be a Ninja Turtle. No doubt.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:34 am 


User avatar

Joined: 12 Jun 2006
Posts: 1713
landshark wrote:
It's definitely not Raiden 2. But flash lacks the ability to make such a game, it would slowdown 95% of the computers out there (if not 100%).

Sadly Raiden 2 cannot be played in mame - nobody ever bothered to crack the encryption on it.
then get raiden project & raiden dx for ps1 and problem is over it's better than dying on bad mame emulation


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:11 pm 



Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 38
There's also Raiden 2 for PC...


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TransatlanticFoe and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group