Homura (new thread)

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Battletoad

Re: Homura (new thread)

Post by Battletoad »

Cool, lowscore 1CC done, even astoundingly "easy". I kept the tactics for the multiplier, but renounced boss milking for just this time. That resulted in an ALL with 1.9 billion. Now let's see if I can get it all together: 1CC, x90 multiplier and at least 2.1 billion score.
Battletoad wrote:Fun fact: In another try I credit fed and reached the true last boss on my first continue! How did this even happen?
Meanwhile this has happened to me several times by the way. I think it has something to do with getting both extends on your first continue. Easily doable if you die early enough in stage 4. :mrgreen:

I'm also still wondering how my x91 multiplier happened. Does anyone know, how the decrease of the multiplier exactly works? Like does it drop every (and I mean every) few seconds or is it maintained during a thunder attack? And is the "timer" reset so that a new achieved multiplier after a thunder attack is always kept up for the full usual time (5 seconds I think) before it drops? I haven't really paid attention to that as some of it is not easy to recognize, too. So I'm especially wondering if it is worthwile to execute the thunder attack at the two snakes after the stage 4 midboss as late as possible. Might give you the same multiplier as if done early, but would hold longer to possibly giving you an advantage at the last slash which resulted in x91 once. Like you can see I'm far from being sure though... ;)
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

Congrats in 1cc and 2bil score.
You need 300,000,000 to reach last boss.
abschüssig

Post by abschüssig »

Could you maybe upload the replay as one file
let us have it in one piece for posterity sake!
http://depositfiles.com/files/910r1fqmx

1.2GB MPEG video.
Can't be compressed to a much smaller size, so I left it uncompressed.
Just be patient while downloading ...
Acid King

Post by Acid King »

abschüssig wrote:
Could you maybe upload the replay as one file
let us have it in one piece for posterity sake!
http://depositfiles.com/files/910r1fqmx

1.2GB MPEG video.
Can't be compressed to a much smaller size, so I left it uncompressed.
Just be patient while downloading ...
Awesome. Downloading now. Thanks man.
Feedback will set you free.
captpain wrote:Basically, the reason people don't like Bakraid is because they are fat and dumb
Battletoad

Post by Battletoad »

Yeah great that it worked out! I'll download it as soon as I have a computer again. :/
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

I assume that playing it through the type X loader is acceptable?(seeing how it pretty much runs on the original hardware)

Bananamatic - 1,670,227,000 - ALL - EHH - 78

I must obtain all that boss milk(and get that 90)
abschüssig

Post by abschüssig »

NEW WORLD RECORD AGAIN!

abschüssig - 2,559,948,000 - ALL - EHH - 90

Shortly after I saw that a japanese superplayer beat my old world record a few weeks ago, I watched my run again and found some things to improve.
I started to play again and got a x91 multiplier several times, but I can't do it reliably.

I recorded pretty much all of my runs with my camera, but its battery ran out of power just before I started this particular run. Since all my previous runs today were rather crappy, I got a little frustrated and careless and just kept on playing without recording, while the battery was recharging. During the stage 4 boss fight I realized that the one run I wasn't recording had real potential ...
As soon as the stage 4 boss was down, I quickly re-inserted the battery into the camera, then I ran back to my Saturn pad. Thankfully, the battery had enough power to record stage 5 (TLB)!
Last edited by abschüssig on Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Battletoad

Post by Battletoad »

Nice one! Glad you could push it once more. 8)
Acid King

Post by Acid King »

Yeesh, it's been awhile. Nice score, bananamatic. X Loader is fine as long as it's all defaults. And a big fucking congratulations to abschüssig. I'd love to see a full run if possible.
captpain wrote:Basically, the reason people don't like Bakraid is because they are fat and dumb
abschüssig

Post by abschüssig »

Thank you!
I decided to push it yet a little further:

abschüssig - 2,596,208,000 - ALL - EHH - 90

NEW WORLD RECORD NUMBER 3 FROM ME!

The run has no x91 multiplier and one accidental death at the stage 4 boss which cost me quite a lot of points. On the other hand, it is very solid almost everywhere else and includes my best stage 1 score so far: 458,857,000.
It is certain now that over 2.6 billions are possible in this game.

But something went wrong again with the recording process: The battery of my camera ran out of power at the beginning of the TLB fight. I exchanged it after the run was over and recorded the screen with the final score:

http://youtu.be/cuvIARIWljs

I don't want to upload an incomplete run, but it would be really hard to get a score like this again, so I might do it anyway.
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

Nice abschüssig, you know, I am your fan!
:wink:
Battletoad

Post by Battletoad »

Indeed, awesome new score. Still impressed by your dedication to this game, would totally love to see a video. Preferably a full video with a new 2.6 billion score if possible. ;)
Battletoad

Post by Battletoad »

I finally tated my TV again and have been playing Homura for a few days - my goal this time: 1CC with slight highscore increase (2.1 or 2.2 billion). It seems I left this game unfinished somehow.

I have just got my 2nd Homura 1CC, with about 1.7 billion... A major mistake on stage 4 ruined my multiplier and score, but at l(e)ast I remembered all of my routines for stages 1 to 3 and managed to execute them perfectly in this run. So things look promising enough. Hope to get my target score till the end of January (if I get to play it regularly).
abschüssig

Post by abschüssig »

Stage 1:

http://youtu.be/W3IRIcH1K9c
abschüssig

Post by abschüssig »

FOURTH (and last) NEW WORLD RECORD FROM ME:

abschüssig - 2,616,555,000 - ALL - EHH - 90

Ha, it's even recorded! (Yes, all of it :wink: )
It'll take a while until I can upload this, so please be a little patient ...
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Let me be the firs to say:

ROOOOOOOAAAAAAARRRRR!
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Awesome, that is an amazing accomplishment. Looking forward to seeing that video. :o
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
abschüssig

Post by abschüssig »

Battletoad

Post by Battletoad »

Colour me impressed (even more than before). Congrats pal, I'm very happy for you! :D

Awesome that it finally worked out with the video, too. Solid play from start to finish and seemingly there's only very little room for improvements by now. I noticed some improved strategies (and/or some I have forgotten), will also be helpful for my next runs. Thanks a lot!
Battletoad

Post by Battletoad »

Battletoad - 2,067,769,000 - Stage 5 - EHH - 87

It took me a while to get back to my old score, but here it is: a slight improvement at least. After some improved milking incl. 90 multiplier (haven't got it in my recent runs somehow) I should be able to ALL this with 2.1 or 2.2 billion points. I suppose I'll leave Homura for good then. Still really fun to play though.
Battletoad

Post by Battletoad »

Battletoad - 2,111,434,000 - Stage 5 - EHH - 89

Damn, so close and so dumb... Had one life left entering the final boss, had a totally unnecessary death near the end of his 1st part and then died again way too soon to the spinning lasers of the 2nd part. At least the next step in scoring, but I'm so close to getting tired of Homura that I would have loved to get the clear and get it over with. Still no x90 multiplier in my recent runs either which is a little weird.
Battletoad

Post by Battletoad »

Alright that's it.

Battletoad - 2,173,956,000 - ALL - EHH - 88

I wish I could have pushed it to ~2.2 billion, but didn't get the best multiplier and lost two lives which I could have used as suicides otherwise. Still happy with that small scorejump and I think Homura will take a looong rest now, if not forever. Good feeling to have cleared this awesome game with a new personal highscore and to finally feel like having some kind of completion. :)

Acid King

Post by Acid King »

Nicely done, man.
nash87

Post by nash87 »

have been out of the loop for a while. think i need to plug in the ps2 again to get my fix on this game after watching that run. abschüssig is da homura king
GaijinPunch wrote:Someone PM me when we have to play w/ the stick up our asses.
"shrimps in my eyes! I cannot see!"
XBLA: h8erfisternator