Air Gallet/Akuu Gallet

Limbrooke

Re: Air Gallet/Akuu Gallet

Post by Limbrooke »

1'673'050 4
1'774'550 4
Not as good a run as my last one. I got the extend but Stage 3 could've been much better. I can sense 2mil on the horizon.
A little better to be certain.

Code: Select all

39. RFP                1'342'210     3
remove & replace with

26. RFP                1'929'600     4
Edit: Again. This time Stage 3 was far better although I just missed the St3 Perfect, meaning 2mil is just around the corner. Didn't quite find the safe spot on the St3 boss either, which could've made for a longer run as well. Not to mention picking up Thunder Drive over Energy Spark, several times.
'Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon.'
Dale

Post by Dale »

Dale-1,485,480-4

Went all out risk wise, didn't make it as far.
I did great so much water and milk that I threw up when I was little.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Dale-1,800,460-5-Mame
I did great so much water and milk that I threw up when I was little.
ave

Post by ave »

AVE - 2,326,150 - Stage 5 (MAME)

1-lifed until the Stage 4 boss. Then I miraculously no-missed no-bombed (none left ^^) the 4th boss until its final form although I've never even seen it before in my life. Stage 5 then was just a little too hard as I did not know what expected me at all.

What an amazing game!! I'll definitely keep playing and someday the PCB will have to enter my cab =)
THE ETERNAL
Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

RFP                2'232'220     5
'Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon.'
clp

Post by clp »

clp - 4,071,410 - Stage 6 (MAME)
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

Third_strike 1,326,830 4
New:
Third_strike 1,856,680 5
Cool!
jepjepjep

Post by jepjepjep »

JEP - 1,895,490 - 5

Playing alongside the trap15 tournament.
Aquas

Post by Aquas »

Aquas - 6,256,900 - ALL

Performed live on my twitch page around 4:13:00 or so.
STG Weekly!, 1cc's, twitch, XBL: DJ Aquazition
The in-game papers prove that being the paperboy is actually a position of the greatest importance,
ranking alongside top elected officials for notoriety. -Ed Oscuro
trap15

Post by trap15 »

trap15 - 1,299,940 - 3

Score from TRP-STGT.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
drboom

Post by drboom »

Aquas wrote:Aquas - 6,256,900 - ALL

Nice run! Way to finish it off heading into the boss, one life, no bombs. Very impressive.
Aquas

Post by Aquas »

drboom wrote:
Aquas wrote:Aquas - 6,256,900 - ALL

Nice run! Way to finish it off heading into the boss, one life, no bombs. Very impressive.
Thank you! I kind of felt like an ass telling my friend to be quiet at the end. HA! She got it, though :D
STG Weekly!, 1cc's, twitch, XBL: DJ Aquazition
The in-game papers prove that being the paperboy is actually a position of the greatest importance,
ranking alongside top elected officials for notoriety. -Ed Oscuro
Furry Fox Jet Pilot

Post by Furry Fox Jet Pilot »

Emo Fox Jet Pilot - 1,257,530 - 4
chempop

Post by chempop »

crap, just lost 2 lives right as the boss music was starting... oh well getting closer!

chempop - 3,137,370 - stage 6

"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
chempop

Post by chempop »

getting real close.. starting to wonder what the clear bonus is.

chempop - 3,967,220 - stage 6

"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

BKR - 1,759,460 - stage 5

First time making it to St5, geez the hitbox is huge. I really need to practice the bosses specifically... I end up bombspamming bosses (4 bombs on st2 boss, yeesh) just to get there... is there any reason to use anything other than Missile? It's pretty darn powerful.
chempop

Post by chempop »

Stage 2 boss gave me a lot of trouble for a while, just anticipate the bending pink laser and don't let 2 of his drones start shooting at the same time.

Laser seems pretty good against stage 4 boss, but definitely go missiles for stage 5 and 6 bosses.
chempop

Post by chempop »

I take that last post back, I'm now using laser for stages 4, 5, and 6 and I'm doing much better.
Granted, I know the stages well enough to anticipate nearly everything. I should have the clear tomorrow.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

hunter is best weapon eventually

btw, boss 2 seems made for hunter

on the title: cgf gallet is an arm of safety equipment company msa (or msa gallet), and this arm makes various helmets. they make aviation helmets now, but it seems they were chiefly associated with firefighting back in 1996, and japanese firefighters got a hold of them; "air gallet". probably not the whole story.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

The hunter is way too weak and only good for the stage 2 boss. I use the laser for most of the game because it makes it easier to pick up medals.
chempop wrote:starting to wonder what the clear bonus is.
1 million per life remaining plus a 1 million "special bonus", so you're guaranteed 2 million for the clear.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Hunter is abysmal garbage. I accidentally picked it up before the stage 1 boss, and it literally took 5 times longer than normal for it to die, I'd argue that in terms of how weak it is compared to the other available weapons, it is the worst weapon in any shmup I've ever played. It's the "fuck you, lol" weapon the game wants to punish you with. The stage 2 boss by no means needs the hunter (a stronger weapon is actually better to take out the pink laser pods with).

I just realized there's a 5 bomb cap, I feel like a moron for not noticing the 10000 points popping up and trying to hoard bombs.

Laser is pretty awesome, although Missile is slightly stronger when pointblanking (and those missiles help for taking out enemies on the sides sometimes). If only the ship were a bit faster I'd be more keen to choose laser...
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

unless it's possible to hit everything with missile, i can't see how you could pick anything but hunter

however, if you can hit everything with fire... i seem to remember this being impossible... oh god

ohhhh hunter really doesn't want me to play this game again, i should just get over 19xx and stick with that
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

Despatche wrote:unless it's possible to hit everything with missile, i can't see how you could pick anything but hunter
The missile hits everything and its much stronger.

But I'm curious to see your strategies using only the hunter. Could you post a clear video?
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

NTSC-J wrote:The missile hits everything and its much stronger.
This. This so much. The delay with each missile volley is an acceptable tradeoff considering the missiles do massive damage and the main shot itself does ridiculous pointblank damage.
But I'm curious to see your strategies using only the hunter. Could you post a clear video?
I want to see this - I can't see how picking Hunter is doing anything but handicapping yourself as its damage is so abysmal it fails at killing anything with more health than minor popcorn. If hunter did as much damage as laser it'd be one of the best weapons in the game, but it's so weak that it simply doesn't kill stuff in a timely fashion.

Rapid Fire is alright, but the main issue is that Missile is simply better. The missiles handle popcorn, the shot is stronger against bosses, it's simply more useful overall.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Is there some way of doing a barrel roll? I swear I saw my ship do one during the Stage 3 boss when I was getting into pointblank range (during its missile barrages).

Holy shit, my first time no-missing to Stage 4 boss. My first death was during the very last phase (ran out of Thunder Drives, derp) and I messed up a crossover during all the tap dodging. Still, going into stage 5 with 2 extra lives, was super psyched. Huge screwups though (died twice with bombs reserved against the st5 boss) kinda meant I went into st6 with 0L0B. :| Then I picked up Hunter by accident before the airport section (fuck!), gameover, shot was too weak to kill off the planes. -_-

Fucking lameass hunter.

BKR - 2,274,430 - Stage 6

trap15

Post by trap15 »

I think you might be using the hunter wrong if it's seriously that weak. I had no problem taking down largish enemies with it.
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

What am I supposed to do, get up close and cram it into enemies?! Holding Down to get the option firing forward + the main shot does negligible damage compared to all the other weapons. Seriously, try killing even the Stage 1 boss and it takes forever compared to even Rapid Fire. Picking up a Hunter at a bad point in a run (before a boss usually) is essentially a death sentence as it turns the boss fight into a bombspam fest or an endurance trial.

I'm prepared to upload a video showing off how bad Hunter is compared to the other 3 weapons if necessary (it'd actually be a great weapon if only its damage weren't so awful).
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Are you using autofire? If so, that's the problem. Hold shot, it's far better that way, and it locks the option in place.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Oh how odd, I was sure I tried seeing what holding shot did with each weapon, but I guess I didn't notice that Hunter fires much faster when you're not using autofire. The exception to the rule it seems. Damage is comparable to a slightly weaker laser when you're hitting with both lines. So yeah, using autofire with it actually makes it fire slower and thus much weaker.
chempop

Post by chempop »

Haha, sorry man but that is pretty funny :lol:

Also, late game you'll see, missile isn't as good as laser if you have memorized stages and quick-kill just about everything. The gaps in the missiles are going to make things slightly unpredictable and you won't be able to create a perfect route to memorize.

NTSC-J wrote:
1 million per life remaining plus a 1 million "special bonus", so you're guaranteed 2 million for the clear.
Thank you for that! I feel like I can realistically go for 7mil, but I will settle for +6mil too :mrgreen: