Dodonpachi Dai-Ou-Jou [Arcade/PS2/X360]

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
jpj

Post by jpj »

this sudden enthusiasm for doj must be infectious :)
with that bust size, you'll be clearing 100 mill in no time 8)
RegalSin wrote:Videogames took my life away like the Natives during colonial times.
jpj

Post by jpj »

go for it!! 8)
RegalSin wrote:Videogames took my life away like the Natives during colonial times.
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

well done!
done be lazy on the training now. you may experience some badass score skyrocketing :D
jpj

Post by jpj »

well done :D
ave

Post by ave »

Oh my god..... I've been playing this game for the last two afternoons and can't get away from it anymore. I haven't played DOJ for about 2 years untill the recent shooting meet 1 week ago and I'm already entirely absorbed in it again.
My current max score is 189mio (old highscore on the board is 153), but more would have easily been possbile. I died many times in silly ways, never used even a single bomb in the whole run. But wow, this game is a blast. My average score is about 140-160 after the stg4-boss (hypering him up to 7000 hit) and then I try to do my best with Stage 5 - but failed in epic ways EVERY FUCKING TIME I reached it.
I can't even keep my combo in the beginning, NO, I get TWO 700-combos. Then another 400, another 300, again a 400 and so on. If I could only avoid those combo breaks... 500m would be accessible in no time :cry:

Will post a picture when I got at least 200m.
THE ETERNAL
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

shut the fuck up and go play more ave.
jpj

Post by jpj »

guys, how do you feel about me splitting it up into type A and type B tables? 30 places each. it will take me a while to go through the whole thread, but we've really pushed the standards up very high!! :o
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

i dont htink its worth it, since then, you should consider the 3 different types of dolls aswell, which would make like 6 charts or so.
Im happy with it like it is
jpj

Post by jpj »

okay. how about making it 40 places?
LtC

Post by LtC »

jpj wrote:okay. how about making it 40 places?
How about making the table look less confusing by putting it into [­code][­­/code] like most high score tables here ;)?

I don't mind having 2 tables as long as you would keep one table for overall scores (Maybe with something like 10-20 spots). 40, even 50 spots is fine as well since it's pretty competitive and would encourage more beginners into posting scores. Do what you want; it's more work for you, not for us.
Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

I vote for making the table 40 places and putting it into code tags. Separate tables like in the DDP thread will be more troublesome for you and I don't think people really cares about them (I personally don't).

Anyway, a new score:

Ruldra - 65,143,340 - B-L - 1-5 - 1025 Hit
[Youtube | 1cc list | Steam]
mastermx wrote:
xorthen wrote:You guys are some hardcore MOFOs and masochists.
This is the biggest compliment you can give to people on this forum.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

One more vote for:

-40 places
-code format
-splitting it into 2 tables (A and B) like Arcadia does

Of course it's a lot of work for you jpj, but I guess it's worth it! After all, DOJ seems to be one of your top favourites. :)
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
jpj

Post by jpj »

okay, well i have just gone through all of this thread, and all of the previous thread. table now includes ALL doj scores submitted on the forum

what i'll do soon is either cap it at 50 places, or switch it to two separate tables

and sorry, i don't do code tags. religious reasons :?
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

id like to keep this format as it is too.
green code format sucks.
ave

Post by ave »

Goongrave wrote:I don't like the "infinite place" scoreboard. You should make it 40 places OR give it a minimum score to enter e.g. 20 mill or 25 mill (which I believe is a score that anyone who is playing seriously should be able to achieve in a couple of weeks at max).
Seconded, there's no need to write down scores that can be reached on the first try until the stg1 boss. I think 25 or 40 m would be appropriate here, everyone can reach that with a little effort. Or shorten the list to 30 places would be an option, too.

I am currently working on my stage 5 chaining. Damn hard it is, I always break my combo during the combs. Before ~1100, then nothing, then again ~1000. My max was a 72m Stg5 score w/nomissnobomb up to the boss (which I could beat with 1 death). But I'm really surprised how fast one can improve oneself by just playing a particular stage. Will keep up the work and maybe someday I'll be able to do get the "plasmo-effect" :D
THE ETERNAL
jpj

Post by jpj »

i will be chopping the table down in the next few days :!:
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

I think it's fine when the table gets big, it shows how many people have played the game and it doesn't bother or decrease the visibility/legibility. Now it is a little pointless to keep scores posted by people who just did a run or two or played really casually, and those entries can be viewed as parasites indeed, so in my opinion the best would be not to cap the table length at all and maybe cap the minimum score to something like 40M. But really, even that capping would only be necessary if a lot of people posted their crap score done in a few casual runs.

Because really, what's wrong with a really lengthy table ? Even if it was so long that it would make a whole page by itself, that'd be fine. That'd even look cool cause it would feel like a lot of people are playing the game. It could even generate more motivation for the lower players because they could easily make it into the table, see their rank and climb the ladder / compete with the nearby players.

Heck, I should change my Mushihimesama Table to reflect that. But it already has too many different rankings so it'd be a mess ^^ Unless I make one thread per mode...
jpj

Post by jpj »

table updated

40 places per ship type. i'd really like to see some more people post scores, and some more friendly competition as well :) there are tons of scores in the 20m range for example, so even just a few points you can ascend the table :)

please post scores and have fun :)
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

noooo you separated the tables ^^
captpain

Post by captpain »

This is one of those games where I found out I could play it, looked at the hi score table, shuddered, and closed the browser.
jpj

Post by jpj »

great stuff :D

how far did you make it into stage 4?

and it's totally up to you regarding the images. personally, i've just cleaned up my imageshack account, and have kept only the most recent/up-to-date high scores. i really don't mind dude :)
jpj

Post by jpj »

sorry, i'll amend the table. you wrote down your score as 1-4 :wink:
Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

Ruldra - 81,909,630 - A-E - 1-5 - 1565 Hit

Finally getting closer to my 100mil goal.
[Youtube | 1cc list | Steam]
mastermx wrote:
xorthen wrote:You guys are some hardcore MOFOs and masochists.
This is the biggest compliment you can give to people on this forum.
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

Ruldra wrote:Ruldra - 81,909,630 - A-E - 1-5 - 1565 Hit

Finally getting closer to my 100mil goal.
Getting close,but I really can't do nothing now about this, my TV still is broken. I hate be too pour :lol: !

Cool!
Jockel

Post by Jockel »

Jockel - 26,526,910 - A-L - 1-4 728 Hit
Hm... i guess i need some scoring tactics.
ave

Post by ave »

AVE - 239,656,200 - Stage 5 - Type A-E - 2268 Hit

THE ETERNAL
jpj

Post by jpj »

wow, you jumped up 5 places, great stuff :D
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

with your system I can only jump 1 place if I make a huge improvement ; I'll switch to Type A -_-;; I hate individual tables :p
jpj

Post by jpj »

not good for you, but it's good for everyone else.. :wink:
LtC

Post by LtC »

Ltc - 94,037,630 - A-E - 1-4 - 1743 Hit