Dodonpachi Dai-Ou-Jou [Arcade/PS2/X360]

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

once you master one ddp, you have it far easier with the other ones.
jpj

Post by jpj »

he has a magic keyboard :o
RegalSin wrote:Videogames took my life away like the Natives during colonial times.
jpj

Post by jpj »

jpj - 509,285,230 - A-E - 1-5 - 2663 Hit

the bitch is back
Last edited by jpj on Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
RegalSin wrote:Videogames took my life away like the Natives during colonial times.
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

finally with an okish chain counter.
Could be bettere though...

Joking :P

amazing score there :D
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

o// go for #1 jpj \\o
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

Congrats to JPJ!
Still playing this, but my main and fist target is power. I need of the power because my skills sucks.
I wanna open my ayes and see all in slow motion! :lol:
Cool!
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

that would be
Cool!
CRI

Post by CRI »

awesome score jpj! :D
was that a full stage 5 chain with x2 bee?
argh so much good games and not enough time to play them all.
would love to come back to this one.
freddiebamboo

Post by freddiebamboo »

Good scores jpj and PRO :shock:
Cool!
captpain

Post by captpain »

:shock:

Nice!
jpj

Post by jpj »

cheers guys :)

and yeah, it would be good to see you playing again CRI :) i did really well on the stage 4 boss, and got 4 or 5 hypers ready for stage 5 (but on my last life). full chain, and the x2 bee (which was worth about 26 million :shock: ). i've been able to chain stage 5 with some success (maybe 40%) in practice mode, but never during an actual run. and then i died maybe halfway through the stage 5 boss, but i didn't care :lol:
TLB

Post by TLB »

Way to go jpj!

Now that I've finally met my short-term 1 bil Death Label goal, I think I'll start playing the regular game again.

Cool!
LtC

Post by LtC »

First actual score run attempt that I play beyond stage 2. Well I died at stage 2 but that didn't change things much.

Ltc - 60,054,850 - A-E - 1-4 - 837 Hit

I stopped trying with B-E, I just find B type totally useless compared to what the C type was in DDP. In DDP it was actually useful when you have your sidekicks babysitting you from kamikaze popcorns. In DOJ A-E drives the totally same purpose as B-E but it's just faster so much better, specially the first part of chaining stage 1 where I can continue the chain on A-E even if I screw it up at some point unlike B-E.
Hopefully more scores to follow later...

Cool!
Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

Cool!
This is really becoming a catchphrase around here :lol:

Cool!
[Youtube | 1cc list | Steam]
mastermx wrote:
xorthen wrote:You guys are some hardcore MOFOs and masochists.
This is the biggest compliment you can give to people on this forum.
jpj

Post by jpj »

hello to Ltc :) (and goodbye to necro :( )

table updated :) and i'm also amazed at everyone posting their scores in the correct format. nice 8)

and yeah, i don't obviously mean third_strike any disrespect when i started copying his catchphrase. imitation is the sincerest form of flattery :wink:

^_~

Cool!
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

Any improvement.

Third_strike - 86,286,420 - A-E - 1-5 - 1075 Hit

What I like in this game is the hyper mode and rank system, because those I am always losing in one new way :lol: .
and yeah, i don't obviously mean third_strike any disrespect when i started copying his catchphrase. imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
:oops:

And the quest for power continues run, after run...

Cool!
TLB

Post by TLB »

Ruldra wrote:
Cool!

Cool!
Yeah, the Shikigami threads are too dead; it just wasn't happening there ^.-

Cool!
sven666

Post by sven666 »

wow chris, amazing score you got there :) glad to see you playing again!

Cool!

/emph ^_~
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
LtC

Post by LtC »

Ruldra wrote:
Cool!

Cool!
It's not just a catchphrase, it's a way of life, a revolution!

Ltc - 77,983,890 - A-E - 1-5 - 830 Hit

I've started to get a hang of stage 2 chaining but as expected I screw it up here. A hilarious part of this run is that I'm still at 1 bomb capacity even after 3 deaths -_-

And since for super cheaters like me (Who play on the emulator) a screenshot only proves I bothered to take one from a save-state run I started recording my runs. Works out as simple as recording MAME runs and since I have good upload it's no problem for me.
Anyways I tried out how the upload works and if anyone knows a better site for uploading than Megaupload I'd love to know.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O2F8Z7ZH
It's a 106MB .rar file with a 113MB 16minute .avi file inside.

I really could use any tips you pro's can give me, specially on how to handle stages 1 and 2 and when to Hyper.
Also, it's worth watching just for what happens at 7:45 because I pull off a dodge that just ridiculously impossible and if it wasn't me playing I would say the player is cheating. I've re-watched that part like 15 times and I have no idea how that was possible. @_@

Cool!
jpj

Post by jpj »

third_strike: you are a celebrity now :D

sven: cheers dude :) i see you're still lagging behind GP though mate.... :wink:

Ltc: i don't have the necessary codecs to playback .avi files on my laptop. but i will try to remember to burn it to CDR watch it later on my dvd player :) unless anyone can give you some good tips in the meanwhile

table updated and maybe we should just drop this silly catchphrase business, yeah

Cool!
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Just watched your replay LtC, you really have some nice dodging skills!

Stage 1:
Your strategy to chain this stage looks quite risky to me. If you can do it consistently then it's of course ok, if not (and that's how it looks like) you should try to find an easier route. You make some bits look really difficult. Using 1 hyper in this stage is probably a good idea. If you get rank problems later on, skip this one and try a no hyper route.

Stage 2:
Your beginning looks fine. Just keep practicing a chainroute and you should be able to chain this stage. However I'd suggest using only laser for the bit right before the midboss. It's easy to mess this bit up if you use shot, the laser is much more precise and you can't break your chain, because popcorn enemies will automatically fly into your laser.
Don't use the last hyper THAT early, you want to get all the small tanks at the end with it. Try to use it 6-7 seconds later (judging from your replay)

Try to find a no bomb survival route through stage 3, don't bother about chaining here.
You should also practice the stage 4 boss. Again you make it look MUCH harder than it actually is, this boss is quite easy if you do it right. Stay at the very side of the screen for the second form's first attack for example.
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

yes, cool video ltc, also very useful for nice players, since they can see the mistakes there, and compare them to their own.

A chainroute always has to be elaborated. Anyone uses his own, and its impossible to immediately find the right one.

You're on the right way ltv, keep it up. Same as 3rdStrike. Nice work :P
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

Hell!
My TV broke today, then I can not play within the next three weeks.
It's not
cool! :(
Momijitsuki

Post by Momijitsuki »

I have the strong urge to play this right now, but I know I'm going to end up getting horribly, horribly raped, so I almost don't want to bother.

Cool! :o
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Momijitsuki wrote:I have the strong urge to play this right now, but I know I'm going to end up getting horribly, horribly raped, so I almost don't want to bother.

Cool! :o
Yeah this game isn't so enjoyable at all until after memorizing everything precisely I think.
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

third_strike wrote:Hell!
It's not
lol what happened.
break in a freakout or while tating it or what?
LtC

Post by LtC »

Plasmo wrote:Stage 1:
Your strategy to chain this stage looks quite risky to me. If you can do it consistently then it's of course ok, if not (and that's how it looks like) you should try to find an easier route. You make some bits look really difficult. Using 1 hyper in this stage is probably a good idea. If you get rank problems later on, skip this one and try a no hyper route.

Stage 2:
Your beginning looks fine. Just keep practicing a chainroute and you should be able to chain this stage. However I'd suggest using only laser for the bit right before the midboss. It's easy to mess this bit up if you use shot, the laser is much more precise and you can't break your chain, because popcorn enemies will automatically fly into your laser.
Don't use the last hyper THAT early, you want to get all the small tanks at the end with it. Try to use it 6-7 seconds later (judging from your replay)

Try to find a no bomb survival route through stage 3, don't bother about chaining here.
You should also practice the stage 4 boss. Again you make it look MUCH harder than it actually is, this boss is quite easy if you do it right. Stay at the very side of the screen for the second form's first attack for example.
For stage 1 my biggest problem is that my chain fails right after the first big ship comes (Around 110HIT), after that I don't usually have any problems. Which part do you think I should try using a different strategy?
Stage 2 I really don't have faith in just the laser, from what point on should I switch into laser only? I tried it before and my chain failed after I switched to only laser after the 3rd last big ship appears (4:08 at the video I posted), I found better success with shot but I suppose I should practise it some more later.

And yeah you can see I never really practised the stage 4 boss, I think I only faced it only few times before, I was always too lazy to get a savestate for it. Overall I still find it a lot easier than the 3rd boss but some parts still own me because I have no idea what to do. Also I never had tried starting stage 5 with a hyper before and it did really own me.. another thing I really need to practise.

Thanks for help!
captpain

Post by captpain »

LtC wrote: For stage 1 my biggest problem is that my chain fails right after the first big ship comes (Around 110HIT)
Just laser on his very right edge, it should zip through right into some popcorn after it explodes.
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

elfhentaifan wrote:
third_strike wrote:Hell!
It's not
lol what happened.
break in a freakout or while tating it or what?
No image
Cool!
freddiebamboo

Post by freddiebamboo »

freddiebamboo - 98,254,300 - A-E - 1-4 - 1504 Hit

Finally beat my old score after a week or so playing this again. Lousy stage 3, but stage 4 went OK (didn't die activating the extra life which is a rarity) up until the boss where I tried to risk not hypering til the spinning cogs and died on that evil circular pattern.

I'll get a photo uploaded soon jpj.