Kyukyoku Tiger (Twin Cobra)

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Steven

Re: Kyukyoku Tiger (Twin Cobra)

Post by Steven »

lol yeah, that's not happening now. I will say that Same! is one of my other top 5~6 favourite Toaplan games, though. It's very close with what some might consider an unlikely contender: Teki-Paki! Yes, I love Teki-Paki.

I put the replay in my previous post with the score. PS5 does indeed do 60FPS capture if you tell it to! Yay, happiness!

It says it's going to be processing for 2 hours still, so SD only until then. Just so everyone knows, if you comment on it there, I won't see it since I never log in on Youtube because I hate Google and try to avoid having Google spy on me as much as possible!
Steven

Post by Steven »

Stage 7 boss. I hate this thing. I have switched to PCB and so now I don't have autofire. Anyone got any advice for dealing with this thing without auto? I can only get past it like 25% of the time, so I am thinking of just going for time out without even destroying the left side because it takes me 3 bombs to pointblank the left side without auto. I got my PCB signed by almost the entire dev team on Saturday, so I sort of asked Uemura-san about this boss.

"Why did you make the stage 7 boss so hard? This is the single hardest thing in the entire game!"
"Which one is that one again?"
"The double tank thing with the connector"
"Oh yeah, that one... *laughs*"
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Steven wrote:Stage 7 boss. I hate this thing. I have switched to PCB and so now I don't have autofire. Anyone got any advice for dealing with this thing without auto? I can only get past it like 25% of the time, so I am thinking of just going for time out without even destroying the left side because it takes me 3 bombs to pointblank the left side without auto. I got my PCB signed by almost the entire dev team on Saturday, so I sort of asked Uemura-san about this boss.

"Why did you make the stage 7 boss so hard? This is the single hardest thing in the entire game!"
"Which one is that one again?"
"The double tank thing with the connector"
Many players just let it time out without shooting at it.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Steven

Post by Steven »

That is probably what I am going to do. I have done it a few times on PS4, but sometimes it still manages to get me if I try to fly behind the boss too and it decides to back up. Need to practice the time out some more, I think.
SPM

Post by SPM »

Steven wrote:Stage 7 boss. I hate this thing. I have switched to PCB and so now I don't have autofire. Anyone got any advice for dealing with this thing without auto? (...) it takes me 3 bombs to pointblank the left side without auto
Two words: Green laser! That's the only way I could beat it without bombs/autofire.

I'll load a savestate in MAME when I get home and upload it in case you want to check it out
I think it's a good strat for a no-miss / no bomb / no autofire / no time-outs clear XD

-> Here it is: KTiger - 7 Boss - Green Laser - No Bombs - No Timeout
I used my 6Hz autofire without noticing, but that can be easily achieved just tapping :D

(I hate that it's a Youtube short... Don't know how to upload it as a regular video)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"There are three possible endings: the good one, the bad one and death" - Locomalito, Super Hydorah
Steven

Post by Steven »

Green Laser it is, then! I'll go try that. I played the game for like 3 hours straight yesterday. Had to take a break just because my arm got tired of smashing the fire button. Honestly the stage 4 boss gives me a bit of trouble without auto as well, and I usually either die there or have to bomb my way through it. This is a very different game when you can't just insta-kill half of the bosses with the 30Hz autofire before they even get a chance to shoot at you.

Edit: yep, green laser. I was almost fully powered up when I got there so the rank was super high and the boss was shooting really fast and I bombed twice to not get hit, but it works. I thought that laser was pretty useless, but apparently not. Then I died on the next stage in the first 30 seconds lol. Made it to stage 8 boss and got killed by the helicopters just as the boss appeared. That mess of shit at the end of that stage is ridiculous. Made it to stage 9 the other day, so I know I could have done it if I'd managed to deal with the helicopters.
SPM

Post by SPM »

Glad it works for you ^^
the stage 4 boss gives me a bit of trouble without auto as well, and I usually either die there or have to bomb my way through it. This is a very different game when you can't just insta-kill half of the bosses with the 30Hz autofire before they even get a chance to shoot at you
True true! For the 4th boss I don't have a clip with the green laser, but I have a recovery strat without bombs which should work with the laser as well.

-> Kyukyoku Tiger - Stage 4 Boss - Checkpoint Recovery (No Bombs)

Green is useful only in 2 situations for me: bosses 4 and 7 once you are powered-up enough (Red becomes useless) and you don't want to use bombs or a 30Hz autofire. It makes the beginning of stages 5 and 8 harder until you change your weapon, but still doable.
"There are three possible endings: the good one, the bad one and death" - Locomalito, Super Hydorah
Steven

Post by Steven »

Yeah, I tried green laser against stage 4 bosses on one of my recent playthroughs. Still not fully comfortable dodging the super fast boss shots with the high rank from max power, so I bombed twice, although the second was a panic bomb that I probably didn't need. I think I should be close to getting the no-auto clear soon. I just have to not do anything stupid on stages 8 and 9 and I should be okay since stage 10 is oddly one of the easiest stages in the game.

I really should get some sort of thing so I can put up replays from PCBs. It would be cool to be able to put up a 1-ALL no-auto PCB replay.
Steven

Post by Steven »

The hollowest of hollow victories. Goodbye, Twin Cobra. I look forward to never playing you again.

Twin Cobra arcade
Steven - 2,112,720 - 244 - Yes - 1P - PS5

Here is my shitty replay of my shitty run, which I am too lazy to edit to remove the loading screens, further increasing its shittiness. https://youtu.be/6MuZO6TUpJM

Oh yeah, the Steam/GOG version of Twin Cobra is still completely broken, with the majority of the zako helis not even spawning at all. Kyuukyoku Tiger seems okay, strangely.
Steven

Post by Steven »

I can't believe I just did this, but I did, so here it is.

Kyuukyoku Tiger arcade
Steven - 2,914,070 - 262 - No - PCB
Spoiler
Steven

Post by Steven »

Got my 3rd 1CC just now, and the second on PCB without auto. God damn the second loop on this thing is vicious. I made it to just before the stage 2 boss this time, but I somehow didn't get a better score; I must have skipped too many stars on stage 8. Anyone got any advice for not getting totally annihilated on the loop other than "don't die when you have the spread shot"?
Steven

Post by Steven »

Yay, second place~

Kyuukyoku Tiger arcade
Steven - 3,158,840 - 316 - No - PCB
Spoiler
I actually had to stop playing to go to work, which makes me sad, as I think I could have gone much further. Another day, perhaps.
Steven

Post by Steven »

I got autofire. It helped.

Kyuukyoku Tiger arcade
Steven - 4,233,000 - 404 - Yes - PCB
Spoiler