Darius (new thread)

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
M.Knight

Re: Darius (new thread)

Post by M.Knight »

Darius Extra
M.Knight - 8,503,750 - ALL (ACFJOUV) - ON
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VGR8kmys4E
1-life run done on the all-bottom route during a Kumite stream, but I had no idea where one of the 1UPs was so I missed out on the 9bil score lol
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
RadiantAnsel

Post by RadiantAnsel »

Darius EXTRA (PS4)
Z' 9,470,690

MSD - RadiantAnsel
No fails are allowed.
Mero

Post by Mero »

Super Darius

Mero & 4,036,600 & Stage 7 & ABDGKPZ & ON

Game over on Great Thing.
Prickly Angler

Post by Prickly Angler »

@ tinotormed & others : I have noticed that the arcade version for Darius mixes Old and New version. Old bosses have much more hp when you fight them with laser or wave, which you kinda have to do for high scoring because in old/new scoring high means suiciding every life and you definetely want penetrating shots when recovering. Thus I think it would be a good idea to separate these two if that is alright with everyone :wink: .

I’ve spent some time reading old messages and whatching some replays, and this is what I’ve found on who played which version :

Old Version

- EmperorIng (player confirmed this by mp)

New Version :

- Aquas
- Jaimers
- Smraedis
- Myself

Unfortunately I haven’t been able to confirm what version the following players played on :

- ACSeraph
- CHI
- DEL
- DKA
- Estebang
- gs68
- HAN
- Klatrymadon
- Kolission
- roadrunner
- Ruldra
- ZNG

If by any chance any of the people mentionned here remember what version they have played on I’d greatly appreciate if you could share that piece of information here :), as some of these scores may very well be the Old Version best score on this forum. The easiest way to know what version you’ve played is how long you took to destroy the last bosses with laser or wave, if you remember it took a while this probably means you have been playing Old version. This is especially apparent against Octopus, on Old version I took more than a minute to kill the boss with lvl 0 wave versus less than twenty seconds in New Version :

https://youtu.be/twzInZLliPM?t=2161 (Old)

https://youtu.be/pOIE93k33Es?t=2108 (New)

I guess most people probably played New version since it's more popular but...
Kollision

Post by Kollision »

New version here!
I also got a score for Old version, but it's a lower one :mrgreen:
Klatrymadon

Post by Klatrymadon »

Hi Prickly,

I would have played the Old Version so that I could stick with Missile and have a much easier time against Fatty Glutton. (I've cleared Old and Extra, but I'm not sure if I've spent much time with New, come to think of it. My memory is abysmal, though...)
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

One sure way to tell the new version is the words "game over" will be in red or white. I'm a bit confused/ cant remember which is which so would have to verify and recheck this.

Also which version does the western English rom correspond more closely to? Old or New?

EDIT: Ah OK, so it's only the Game Over flashing during the attract demo, not in game that changes.

Old/Extra = white
New = red
Prickly Angler

Post by Prickly Angler »

Thanks so much for the piece of info Rastan :D, I had never noticed !
Also which version does the western English rom correspond more closely to? Old or New?
I have no idea but those who have played the PCB might know ? The game seems to have somehow popular in England and there's a few arcades in the USA that still have it running. Maybe it's possible for someone to check this with MAME too if the rom's available.
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

Got the 1CC on Darius for the JP Mega Drive (official physical cart, original hardware). Came ever so close to the no-miss, but the last boss pegged me.

Autofire: on
Stage: ALL
Route: ABDGKQV

I'd been banging my head against Zone P for a while; that narrow layout is just evil, especially in 4:3. The breakthrough came when I just decided to give Zone Q a shot instead and low & behold, an open field that was vastly more straightforward to manage with the wave shot. Snagged the 1CC on my second attempt.

Absolutely love this game BTW, it's an absolute beast. Shot right to the upper echelon of my Mega Drive STG favourites.
GGA_HAN

Post by GGA_HAN »

@Prickly Angler, my Arcade PB of 5,316,430 points is old version, (and with auto off, if that matters for your tracking).

I just verified it with the white game over atrract mode text from my video.
Prickly Angler

Post by Prickly Angler »

Nice Han, that's quite a good score with auto off !

Here's a provisional list on who played what, :

New version :

- Aquas
- Kollision
- Jaimers
- Smraedis
- Myself

Old Version :

- Chinopolis
- Plasma BlooD
- GGMaximo
- Klatrymadon
- GGA_HAN
- EmperorIng
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

I was thinking about getting back into this game. Is this thread still being updated? Should we create a new one?

Darius Extra - Cozmic Collection (Switch)
& ACSeraph & 9,034,850 & ABDGKPZ' & Autofire ON

<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
Air Master Burst

Post by Air Master Burst »

Just knocked out the 1CC, almost got the 1LC but I biffed it a couple times on Octopus because it's been so long. Not a bad final showing considering I didn't milk or suicide and I got pretty unlucky on my bonus orbs.

ABDHMRX
Autofire on
King's Field IV is the best Souls game.
Ishmokin

Post by Ishmokin »

Hi Guys,

Long time lurker here. I am more active at the STG Rev discord.

I recently got into Darius Old version and I really love playing the game now. Just want to post my score here NO miss but just survival based. Would like to learn how to score eventually.

Darius Old version for Switch on Cozmic Collection
Ishmokin ABDHMRX - 3,533,920

https://twitter.com/Ishmokin/status/165 ... 66433?s=20
Prickly Angler

Post by Prickly Angler »

Prickly Angler & 9,263,830 & ALL & ABDHMRX & OFF : https://youtu.be/3k1AcRzoVVQ

Just a casual Darius Extra run from an adamant extra hater :twisted: :lol:. This version kicked my ass back in 2020 and it felt good to finally clear it. I like the weapon rebalance, I dislike most other things this arrange brings. Netherless I should try to come back to it at some point just to see the different variations (I need to get back to new and old eventually as well). I must say I was very pleased this year with all the Darius clears we got to see from western players, and also the publicatiion of amazing ACSeraph guide. Always nice to see some og Darius love :oops: