Pocky & Rocky ReShrined (2022)/Kiki Kaikai Series! (AC/SFC)

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
EmperorIng

Pocky & Rocky ReShrined (2022)/Kiki Kaikai Series! (AC/SFC)

Post by EmperorIng »

STORY MODE (NORMAL)
* = denotes a score achieved pre-patch and scoreboard wipe (May 31, 2022)
R=RANK & NAME & SCORE & STAGE & PLATFORM & ADDITIONAL IMAGE/VIDEO R=1 & EmperorIng & 2,678,550* & ALL & Switch & [url=https://twitter.com/ec2151/status/1519561024617140224]pic[/url] R=2 & & & & & R=3 & & & & &

FREE MODE (NORMAL)
R=RANK & NAME & SCORE & STAGE & CHARACTER & PLATFORM & ADDITIONAL IMAGE/VIDEO R=1 & EmperorIng & 3,187,170* & ALL & Hotaru & Switch & [url=https://imgur.com/aZdYmHA]pic[/url] R=2 & & & & & & R=3 & & & & & &

Post scores in this format:

Code: Select all

MODE, DIFFICULTY
Name & Score & Stage & Character (if Playing FREE Mode) & Platform & [url=]link[/url]
[/size]

Link is for video or snapshot taken of your final score. It is optional but encouraged.

Example:

Story, Easy
EmperorIng & 1,000,000 & 7 & Switch & [url=]link[/url]
[/size]
Kiki Kaikai (Arcade)
Previous Thread
Survival Guide 1cc with Tips and Secrets

Default settings, autofire allowed. Please don't use the secret "start the game with 3 lives instead of 2" trick. Or... if you do, make note of it.

R=RANK & NAME & SCORE & SCENE & PLATFORM & AUTOFIRE & ADDITIONAL IMAGE/VIDEO R=1 & EmperorIng & 867,700 & 22 & MAME 216 & Yes & [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kXROMDkdi0]video[/url] R=2 & Square_Air & 508,100 & 10 & MAME & Yes & R=3 & SAM & 356,700 & 10 & PCB & No & R=4 & Bloodreign & 102,500 & 3 & MAME & No & R=5 & & & & & &

Kiki Kaikai (PCE)
R=RANK & NAME & SCORE & SCENE & ADDITIONAL IMAGE/VIDEO R=1 & Perikles & 347,350 & ALL & R=2 & project_ako & 193,550 & 6 & R=3 & Bloodreign & 58,100 & 2 &

Kiki Kaikai: Nazo no Kuro Manto/Pocky & Rocky (SFC/SNES) - Normal Difficulty

R=RANK & NAME & SCORE & SCENE & CHARACTER & ADDITIONAL IMAGE/VIDEO R=1 & Perikles & 612,510 & ALL & Sayo & R=2 & Macaw & 592,390 & ALL & Manuke & R=3 & CIT & 533,700 & ALL & Sayo & R=4 & Kino & 516,110 & ALL & Sayo & R=5 & Fogelmir & 500,760 & ALL & Sayo & R=6 & GaijinPunch & 500,610 & ALL & Sayo & R=7 & Edge & 491,630 & ALL & Sayo & R=8 & SAM & 252,020 & 4 & Manuke & R=9 & OneEyedJack & 153,700 & 3 & ??? & R=10 & Carmen & 134,320 & ??? & Sayo &

Kiki Kaikai: Tsukiyozoushi/Pocky & Rocky 2 (SFC/SNES)

Name       Score     Scene
1. Fu        9,999,990    ALL 
2. Perikles  1,051,063    ALL
3. Edge       329,244      7
4. Carmen     273,107      6
Post scores in this format:

CHARACTER
Name & Score & Scene & Platform (specify if emulator used) & Autofire Y/N & [url=]link[/url]
[/size]
Link is for video or snapshot taken of your final score. It is optional but encouraged.
Last edited by EmperorIng on Fri May 27, 2022 6:39 pm, edited 13 times in total.
EmperorIng

Re: Kiki Kaikai (Arcade/PCE)/Pocky & Rocky (SNES/SFC)

Post by EmperorIng »

Decided to make a new thread. I am yet undecided if I am going to make a separate thread for Pocky and Rocky Reshrined, or lump it in here. We shall see!

If anyone wants to play this game, I am interested in your progress! I have had a fun time over the last week or so finally coming to grips with the arcade original and going from a 1all, to improving my score, to now just getting a 2all and almost a 3all!

2-5 was my stumbling block for a while, but after finally making it out of there, I did the rest of the game essentially blind! I am a little bummed about not getting a 3all but I am happy I managed to record the replay!

The changes I noticed on the loop are:
-some additional enemies (ghosts in stage 2)
-ghosts fire much sooner, and faster, and their bullets last way longer
-the time out flames are spawned more quickly (they are spawned faster every successive loop)

Other aspects of the game seem to be about the same. Rank appears to be maxed out by the second loop, I didn't notice a huge difference with loop 3.

EmperorIng & 867,700 & 22 & MAME 216 & Yes & video
XtraSmiley

Re: Kiki Kaikai (Arcade/PCE)/Pocky & Rocky (SNES/SFC)

Post by XtraSmiley »

EmperorIng wrote:Decided to make a new thread. I am yet undecided if I am going to make a separate thread for Pocky and Rocky Reshrined, or lump it in here. We shall see!

If anyone wants to play this game, I am interested in your progress! I have had a fun time over the last week or so finally coming to grips with the arcade original and going from a 1all, to improving my score, to now just getting a 2all and almost a 3all!

2-5 was my stumbling block for a while, but after finally making it out of there, I did the rest of the game essentially blind! I am a little bummed about not getting a 3all but I am happy I managed to record the replay!

The changes I noticed on the loop are:
-some additional enemies (ghosts in stage 2)
-ghosts fire much sooner, and faster, and their bullets last way longer
-the time out flames are spawned more quickly (they are spawned faster every successive loop)

Other aspects of the game seem to be about the same. Rank appears to be maxed out by the second loop, I didn't notice a huge difference with loop 3.

EmperorIng & 867,700 & 22 & MAME 216 & Yes & video
Very cool. I have the PCB finally, but don't have a way to play it right now. I was hoping the OSSC Pro would be out with rotation by now so I could easily play it on my HDTV, but regardless, I want to check out your video for strategy and to watch your skills! I'm excited for the new game as well, so I vote keep it all together in one thread!
EmperorIng

Re: Pocky & Rocky ReShrined (2022)/Kiki Kaikai Series! (AC/S

Post by EmperorIng »

And here we go! I got the thread revamped for what will surely be a flood of activity with the release of the new and excellent Pocky and Rocky game!

I have been playing through, getting all the characters to unlock, and beating the game a few times to get a feel for things. Ikazuchi's red laser makes the game pretty easy; it's ridiculously overpowered. In fact I'd say any of the non Pocky-n-Rocky chars make the Free mode significantly more, well, "free."

FREE
EmperorIng & 2,190,550 & ALL & Ikazuchi & Switch & pic

Let's be real, I don't expect a giant flood of scores or posts. I could make a Hard mode table but only if there seems to be a goodly amount of competition. In the meantime, play through the game, and have some fun!
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Got the Story Mode 1cc, but there is lots to improve!

Story, Normal
EmperorIng & 2,208,410 & ALL & Switch & pic

I lose two lives, stupidly, on stage 4, and I lost maybe two or more on the final stage. I need more consistency dealing with the bull boss and especially the final boss. It's hard to keep track of all your abilities at crucial moments and I am honestly not that good at using Ame-no-Uzume.

It's important to improve my skill because those health and shield pickups are going to be worth a lot over time. I almost wonder if it's better to sacrifice bombs just to keep yourself from losing health.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Improvement, this time with 10 lives remaining! Had i played better it could have easily been 12. Still stage 4 death, and a few dumb deaths on the final level. Grrrrr.... The big annoyance was constantly taking half heart damage and losing out on the lucrative item bonuses.

Story, Normal
EmperorIng & 2,678,550 & ALL & Switch & pic

Part of me wonders if I should just add a category for difficulty and lump Normal and Hard into one board, like they do on the actual game itself.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Finally broke 3 million, but I haven't played in a while. I would have gotten even better scores had I not taken two stupid deaths and hits all over the place. Using the tomboy samurai gf.

Free, Normal
EmperorIng & 3,187,170 & ALL & Hotaru & Switch & pic

All y'all gotta start getting in on this. Especially before they patch the item dupe glitch out... I guess make a note if you managed to get it. I don't -think- I did.