Post by Jaimers »

Strania - Normal
Jaimers - 15,550,590 - ALL (9mil) - P2

Game is too good.

video
Zaarock

Re: Strania -The Stella Machina- [XBLA/NESiCA/PC]

Post by Zaarock »

Sick scores & nice to see the steam release get some love. Updated.
mrmonkeyman, iconoclast, erppo, jaimers on the same board is slightly terrifying
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Well, checking both XBLA and Steam leaderboards for hi-score changes, so yeah...(Level-Fix got beaten in the Strania Side for Hard WR.)

Strania Hard (XBLA):
Watalili - 16,829,420
---
Updates of course...(I forgot I still had some scores that I forgot posted, lol. This is a mix from XBLA/Steam, even though scored differently in leaderboards but will only post the top ones that I had lately.)

Strania Normal (XBLA):
NeoStrayCat - P1 - 15,091,640 - All(9Mil)

Strania Expert (XBLA):
NeoStrayCat - P1 - 11,414,160 - All(5Mil)

Vower Normal (XBLA):
NeoStrayCat - P1 - 15,782,230 - All(9Mil)

Vower Hard (Steam):
NeoStrayCat - P1 - 16,456,470 - All(9Mil)

Vower Expert (Steam):
NeoStrayCat - P1 - 11,783,930 - All(5Mil)

(Note: I am unsure about the All 5Mil, since I don't remember how much end bonus I got, but I guess that seems about right, I think.)

Also, seriously guys, c'mon I wanted to claim the steam spotlight, lol. XD (I still have Vower Expert as 1st place, but I know that'll be beaten soon, along with Vower Normal, lol.)
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
Jaimers

Post by Jaimers »

Strania - Hard
Jaimers - 16,071,050 - ALL (9mil) - P2
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

How about an embarrassing shitty score next to all these ALLs? Consider it a 10yr anniversary bump for everyone to see your scores.

Strania - Normal
EmperorIng - 2,149,300 - 4 - P1

I feel like I'm missing something. I barely do any damage to the st3 or 4 bosses, even using a rocket, and it seems too easy to get hit in the game especially when it wants you to juggle weapons around and get up close to slash things with your sword. It's more than a little frustrating.
MauCast

Post by MauCast »

I got addicted to this game recently, wow almost no score entries in 5 years... what a shame

Strania - Normal
Maucast - 14,768,910 - ALL (9 mil) - 1P pic

Strania - Hard
Maucast - 15,496,380 - ALL (9 mil) - 1P pic

Strania - Expert
Maucast - 14,685,290 - ALL (8 mil) - 1P pic
oof

I should improve these scores, but I want to play Side Vower
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

How about a bump? First time making it to the penultimate boss. I ditched normal mode after finding out it literally cuts to TO BE CONTINUED after killing the st6 boss, instead of finishing the game (a whole 80 more seconds of content). Such a shitty, and stupid move, especially since Normal is the default difficulty selection. Fuck G.Rev and their stupid game design, btw.

I will probably play this game for a twitch stream relay at the end of the month for the Shmup Junkie community, hopefully I will have 1cc'd it consistently by then.

Too bad though, it seems like my score is puny despite making it to the end of the game compared to everyone else here.

Strania - Hard
EmperorIng - 3,592,630 - 6 - P2

Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

Thanks for the scores. I didn't mind the TLB being locked behind a higher difficulty, kinda cute/oldschool having the credits tell you to try the next mode
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Yeah, I would be ok with that if they clearly demarcated Normal as "easy mode", there isn't much a reason to call your difficulty the default when you literally lock out the last 80 seconds of the game, other than to trick people into playing more.

Despite getting right pissed off at this game over the past few weeks, I did manage to 1cc it. Here's a recording of my scrubby clear for anyone interested. Didn't bother getting dan's on everything, didn't bother using some pretty shitty weapons like Bomb (surprised my Direction is so low, usually that weapon carries me). I'm not done yet, since this community relay is at the end of the month. So maybe my score will improve in that time!

Strania - Hard
EmperorIng - 10,133,010 - ALL (5 mil) - P2

EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

I can't help but be disappointed. Had I held on to the Bomb weapon for a few more seconds at the start of stage 6, I would have gotten a full 9 DAN. It's too hard to see and make things out during the heat of things, like what arm will get what. Visibility is a very frustrating aspect of the game in general. I swear I have been hit many a time by the stage 4 boss' lasers because the model (sprite?) didn't show onscreen while I was dodging it.

Once again, a video recording.

Strania - Hard
EmperorIng - 14,159,030 - ALL (8 mil) - P2

EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Finally! After a lot of practice I finally reached my goal of 9DAN. Luckily before this "Pass the Shmup" stream relay too. Now I just have to make it consistent. I switched up my strategy a little bit, grabbing Bomb on stage 4 during the corridor maze, just to get a few extra levels up. For some reason I was not ending stage 5 with a DAN on the Bomb weapon, which meant holding on to it which is pretty deadly at the stage 6 opener.

Those few extra levels destroying mines and zako make all the difference. I recorded the results, as well!

Strania - Hard
EmperorIng - 15,098,090 - ALL (9 mil) - P2

Not even in the top 20 on steam. Maybe that will be my next goal to shoot for.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

HELL YEAH!

It took double my allotted time for the event (yikes), lots of bad luck, and a totally botched stage 1, 2, and 3 but I succeeded in my showcase at the weekend relay and dozens of folks were able to see me finally triumph over the game, get the 9DAN, and get a new PB to boot! And it put me into the top 20 on the steam leaderboard! A good show all around, I must say. Drama, failure, excitement, and finally, a clutch run.

You can watch it, with my commentary, here.

Strania - Hard
EmperorIng - 15,469,970 - ALL (9 mil) - P2

I wonder how hard it would be to break into the 16 million mark...
Erppo

Post by Erppo »

Got back to playing the Vower side after a short break from the game. All scores from Steam version.

Vower - Normal
Erppo - 16,190,520 - ALL (9mil) - P1
Vower - Hard
Erppo - 17,500,750 - ALL (9mil) - P1
Vower - Expert
Erppo - 17,277,360 - ALL (9mil) - P1