GG Aleste 3

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Despatche

GG Aleste 3

Post by Despatche »

Time for a real game.
In Aleste Collection, the top option in the game settings is called Kaiteki Mode, which defaults to off. Turning this on removes flicker and slowdown, or at least as much as is reasonable, and makes the game completely different (and better). I doubt this feature is available on the Game Gear Micro, so unless that's not true, consider those scores to be with Kaiteki Mode off.
----------
Please post scores in this format:

Code: Select all

KAITEKI MODE - GAME LEVEL
NAME - SCORE - WAVE - DETAILS
DETAILS is for what model of console and release of cart/disc, or what emulator and version.

1. SFKhoa          - 4,422,400 - ALL - Switch
 2. Steven          - 3,944,600 - ALL - PS5
 3. Herr Schatten   - 3,860,650 - ALL - Switch
 4. Angry Hina      - 3,836,550 - ALL - Switch
 5. UGO             - 3,463,550 - ALL - Game Gear Micro
Special

1. Angry Hina      - 3,579,100 - ALL - Switch
Kaiteki Mode on
Normal

1. Steven          - 3,792,800 - ALL - PS5
 2. BlazingLazers69 - 3,634,300 - ALL - Genesis Plus GX {overclock}
 3. Angry Hina      - 3,595,900 - ALL - Switch
Special

1. Angry Hina      - 3,507,350 - ALL - Switch
Last edited by Despatche on Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:43 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
Angry Hina

Re: GG Aleste 3

Post by Angry Hina »

How about your score? ;)

Ok, here is the first entry as it seams ^^

Normal Difficulty
Angry Hina - 3,836,550 - ALL - off - Aleste Collection on Switch

https://youtu.be/Fb5J_X-ivYA
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

Might as well post mine.

Normal Difficulty
Herr Schatten - 3,860,650 - ALL - Off - Switch
Angry Hina

Post by Angry Hina »

Special Difficulty
Angry Hina - 3,579,100 - ALL - off - Aleste Collection on Switch

https://youtu.be/uv12194v-zI
Angry Hina

Post by Angry Hina »

Played the last days kaiteki mode and I guess its much harder to 1cc and its harder to get a good score with the "on" switch because you have to respect many situations much more. I guess the same player can do everytime a better score in kaiteki=off so there should be a) another list or a player shoulb be able to appear twice in a list for a run in "on" and "off".

Here are my first 1cc in Kaiteki mode:

Normal Difficulty
Angry Hina - 3,579,100 - ALL - on - Aleste Collection on Switch

Special Difficulty
Angry Hina - 3,595,900 - ALL - on - Aleste Collection on Switch
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

As I said, I have no problem splitting for them, and I will split them for now. My concern is that very few people, assuming anyone ever really submits for this game, are ever even going to consider turning kaiteki mode on. Just look at all the people losing their mind over slowdown in CAVE games. I'm sure one of them is gonna come in here and say "that's different", but nooooo it ain't.

...Kinda wonder how you managed to get the exact same score in two different modes like that, though I assume that's a typo. Anyway, updated.
Angry Hina

Post by Angry Hina »

It is. Sorry:
Kaiteki:
normal: 3,595,900 pts
special: 3,507,350 pts

The scores for Kaiteki=off are correct.
I'm sure one of them is gonna come in here and say "that's different", but nooooo it ain't.
Not sure how this is meant. I Think its different compared to cave games because this game is made in a time where the hardware limitation of the game gear is just some kind of sport for the M2 guys. I think the had in mind how this game play with and without slomo and tried to make it in a way that it works in both modes. For example in Lunar crysis it feels not right how long you have to shoot on those tackling jets. It plays good with slomo but I think even this game is made for full speed.
UGO

Post by UGO »

OFF - Normal
UGO - 3,463,550 - ALL - Game Gear Micro

There is no Kaiteki on the Game Gear Micro.
L-Dis, Gaiares, Battle Squadron... Go replay : http://www.dailymotion.com/UGO--Runs--- ... oId=xensqt
Steven

Post by Steven »

Off - Normal
Steven - 3,944,600 - ALL - PS5

Replay if you care: https://youtu.be/VVd5cIMmmRo

Finally beat this game after having it since launch. It is way harder with the kaiteki mode on, and I do think it's probably better that way. With it off, the slowdown really detracts from the game. Will probably go for no-slowdown clear eventually.

This game is really fucking long, longer than Kyuukyoku Tiger and probably Tatsujin Ou, but it sure doesn't feel super long. I wonder how much shorter it is with the kaiteki mode on.
Angry Hina

Post by Angry Hina »

Despatche wrote:As I said, I have no problem splitting for them, and I will split them for now. My concern is that very few people, assuming anyone ever really submits for this game, are ever even going to consider turning kaiteki mode on.
Very strange. I felt, so many people talked so well about this game and it had much attention. I thought this list would be very populated...
Steven wrote:Finally beat this game after having it since launch. It is way harder with the kaiteki mode on, and I do think it's probably better that way. With it off, the slowdown really detracts from the game. Will probably go for no-slowdown clear eventually.

This game is really fucking long, longer than Kyuukyoku Tiger and probably Tatsujin Ou, but it sure doesn't feel super long. I wonder how much shorter it is with the kaiteki mode on.
It is around 36 minutes long in Kaiteki so it will be still a bit longer as usual.
Steven

Post by Steven »

Angry Hina wrote:
Despatche wrote:As I said, I have no problem splitting for them, and I will split them for now. My concern is that very few people, assuming anyone ever really submits for this game, are ever even going to consider turning kaiteki mode on.
Very strange. I felt, so many people talked so well about this game and it had much attention. I thought this list would be very populated...
Right? I came here the other day to post my score and I'm like... lol where is everyone?
Angry Hina wrote:
Steven wrote:Finally beat this game after having it since launch. It is way harder with the kaiteki mode on, and I do think it's probably better that way. With it off, the slowdown really detracts from the game. Will probably go for no-slowdown clear eventually.

It is around 36 minutes long in Kaiteki so it will be still a bit longer as usual.
Yeah, that's still a little bit longer than usual, but still not too bad. Kaiteki sure makes a big difference, though, cutting the game's time from ~50 minutes to about 36. Kyuukyoku Tiger is somewhere around 43 minutes if you no miss, and I think Same! Same! Same! is about 38 minutes or so if you no miss the 1P version or just 1CC one of the 2P versions of the game.

I am definitely going to go for a kaiteki clear, but I think I need to actually do some practice. I did the no kaiteki clear on my first attempt after several game overs with kaiteki on, so yeah, I should probably practice. I always seem to get hit at the stage 2 miniboss for some reason, even with the slowdown, and there are a few sections where the slowdown really makes the game easier, but I do think the game is better without the slowdown, of which there is a lot if you don't use the kaiteki mode.
Angry Hina

Post by Angry Hina »

Steven wrote:
Angry Hina wrote:

Yeah, that's still a little bit longer than usual, but still not too bad. Kaiteki sure makes a big difference, though, cutting the game's time from ~50 minutes to about 36. Kyuukyoku Tiger is somewhere around 43 minutes if you no miss, and I think Same! Same! Same! is about 38 minutes or so if you no miss the 1P version or just 1CC one of the 2P versions of the game.

I am definitely going to go for a kaiteki clear, but I think I need to actually do some practice. I did the no kaiteki clear on my first attempt after several game overs with kaiteki on, so yeah, I should probably practice. I always seem to get hit at the stage 2 miniboss for some reason, even with the slowdown, and there are a few sections where the slowdown really makes the game easier, but I do think the game is better without the slowdown, of which there is a lot if you don't use the kaiteki mode.
Whithout the ending scene its just a tiny bit more than 45 minutes on my switch ;)
-> Star Soldier Vanishing Earth with special stages is 49 minutes; R-Type Final 1 even as no miss is 46 minutes. So its not too uncommon ;)

The slomo is a bit to extreme to count as the better experience but I think the game is (especially on special(hard)) a bit to dangerous to play with multiple weapons. Without kaiteki you can play a bit more in your favorite style weapon wise. In kaiteki more weapons tend to be unusable and on hard.... 95% "A" 5% "C". Often
weapon change=death
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

OFF - Normal
SFKhoa - 4,422,400 - ALL - Switch
Replay here!
Steven

Post by Steven »

On - Normal
Steven - 3,792,800 - ALL - PS5
Spoiler
replay: https://youtu.be/SmtsBiVoXZY
blazinglazers69

Post by blazinglazers69 »

On - Normal
BlazingLazers69 - 3,634,300 - ALL - PC (Genesis Plus GX)
Replay: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LB0cUqIu1pU
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

Hrm. Emulating this game is a touchy subject. I'm going to put it where it goes for now. I just want to remind the public that games like this are simply not supposed to be played by anyone outside of Japan to begin with, and that we are not at all entitled to them.
Angry Hina

Post by Angry Hina »

blazinglazers69 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:32 pm On - Normal
BlazingLazers69 - 3,634,300 - ALL - PC (Genesis Plus GX)
Replay: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LB0cUqIu1pU
Interesting to see the F weapon this much.
ryu

Post by ryu »

ON - Normal
mar - 1,291,600 - Wave 5 - PS4

My first credit with Kaiteki on. I expected this mode to make the game significantly harder, but it seems to do the opposite for me. When it runs smoothly I can actually tell what is going on during the stage 2 mid boss for example lol
blog - scores - collection
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
ryu

Post by ryu »

ON - Normal
mar - 1,720,000 - Wave 6 - PS4

Scratch what I said earlier, I still can't see shit on some of these bosses. :roll:

I think I'm liking this a little less with each credit I put into it. There's only frustrating deaths from hard to see bullets (especially on the stage 3 and 4 mid bosses), enemies shooting at me point blank (or even doing so as they spawn), to bosses acting so quickly you almost can't possibly react (the green lasers on the stage 2 boss). I don't even want to mention the planes crashing into me on stage 5.

But I also wasn't able to beat GG Aleste today while the game was braindead easy for me on the previous run. So maybe it's just my recent lack of sleep.
Last edited by ryu on Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
ryu

Post by ryu »

ON - Normal
mar - 2,062,600 - Wave 7 - PS4

That's good enough for me right now. The last stretch starting at the stage 6 midboss frustrates me to no end.
Steven

Post by Steven »

Yeah the stage 2 miniboss is weird. I usually get hit there because I have difficulty seeing anything in that part, although I have no idea why. I think the game in general has at least one part on most stages where visibility is somewhat poor, or at least not as good as I'd like, but maybe it's just me.
ryu

Post by ryu »

I eventually realized you can just spam the stage 2 mini boss point blank after its second bullet has passed. Is this the one you meant though? I updated my post above because I was actually referring to the stage 3 and 4 midbosses.

Honestly stage 1 and 2 almost feel redundant with how easy they are. >_> They also flow together in this weird way that I kept thinking stage 3 was stage 2.

If the game just started at stage 3 I would have a much easier time grinding for the 1cc. If I pick this up again I'll just put down a save state at the beginning of stage 3 and play from there instead. ... Should have thought of that before deciding to drop the game honestly lol
Steven

Post by Steven »

Yes, I have more difficulty with the stage 2 miniboss than I should because I can't see its shots very well. I looked again and I just realized that my own shots are obscuring it due to using almost identical colors, like this

Not great, unfortunately, and much worse in motion when there are a bunch of your shots on screen.
ryu

Post by ryu »

Ah yeah. What I do is make one or two big sweeps that let me dodge the bullets automatically, then I get in between the boss and its pods and pointblank it into pieces (it doesn't get to fire a third shot in time). But I use the laser, so no idea how it would work with the homing weapon.