Sengoku Ace series

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Despatche

Re: Sengoku Ace series

Post by Despatche »

People keep saying Ace is so easy, but there are so few clears with characters not named Aine. Gee, I wonder.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

Guess you put my score in wrong place. I am playing Sengoku Ace. Btw:

Third_strike - 1,742,000 - ALL - 1P - YES - SHMUPMAME4.2
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Wow man, I didn't think you'd pull off these 2ALL's so fast, especially since it seems like you were afraid of the games a few weeks ago. :mrgreen:

Congratulations, it's very inspiring (esp. since I got so close to the end and never pulled of the clear)!
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

EmperorIng wrote:Wow man, I didn't think you'd pull off these 2ALL's so fast, especially since it seems like you were afraid of the games a few weeks ago. :mrgreen:

Congratulations, it's very inspiring (esp. since I got so close to the end and never pulled of the clear)!
I was afraid no, I am afraid!
Just now I can no miss no bomb first loop with some frequency. But one time which I reach the second loop I get in panic. The three first stages is harder than four later ones, because enemy shoots speed. Tengai is slowest thing ever (lagged even more), if I do a wrong movement I am dead. One time which I start a movement, there is no time to correct it if a bullet comes to my way. This put me in a constant state of insecurity on second loop.

You alled Souky, pretty sure which you can this too. :wink:

Edit:

Third_strike - 1,777,800- ALL - 1P - YES - SHMUPMAME4.2
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Regardless of his fear, third_strike's achievements in this game have inspired me to finally get this bug off my back. The buddha statue boss and the giant mech boss in 1-7, those two have been my wall for so long that I had kind of given up on clearing this game, especially using my character of choice, Jane.

But after MULTIPLE attempts and about 2-3 hours cumulative of just trying to get the right run today... It's finally over. Evil has been vanquished. Or has it?

I even managed to happily record this feat. I say happily, because the number of Jane clears (1alls, let alone 2alls!) on youtube is ZERO to my knowledge. People need to know that she is a viable char, and is actually pretty good if you know how to point-blank with her bombs.

EmperorIng - 912,800 - 2-3 - 1P - Yes - shmupmame4.2 (Japan)

third_strike

Post by third_strike »

Well done!
And you went very far too, in a very aggressive playstyle. It's nice to hear that my achievement has inspired someone.

Edit:

Third_strike - 1,818,400- ALL - 1P - YES - SHMUPMAME4.2

Enough to me!!!
:mrgreen:
Last edited by third_strike on Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Wow, that is such an awesome score third_strike. Towers above everyone else!!!!

Do you remember if you got that city/festival stage twice (the one with all the destructible houses)? Or if you got the yellow thunder demon mech boss once or twice? Would love to know good your RNG is - a few folks like Ako have been poking around and getting the best stage/boss order is almost entirely due to luck... on top of surviving a very tough game! :mrgreen:
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

Thanks!

It was something like:
1-1 City
1-2 Port
1-3 Florest
2-1 City
2-2 Port
2-3 River

No tortoise from hell stage in second loop was a relief.
Got only red boss. No miss no bomb until last boss, before I don't care and start to bomb and lose lives like crazy. I always start with city stage even if I need do a lot of restarts (for luck the game restarts very fast). I guess which the high luck factor really hurt this game.

I could play in live and explain some of these and other games if I was fluent in English. But I only speak Portuguese.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

Whoops, that's what happens when you make multigame threads. Fixed and updated, congrats to all!
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
Prickly Angler

Post by Prickly Angler »

Sengoku Blade - Normal - Marion

Prickly Angler - 2-3 - 1 249 300 - P1 - No - Saturn
Prickly Angler

Post by Prickly Angler »

Sengoku Blade - Normal - Koyori

Prickly Angler - 2-1 - 888 700 - P1 - No - Saturn

Sengoku Blade - Normal - Tengai

Prickly Angler - 2-1 - 890 100 - P1 - No - Saturn

Sengoku Blade - Normal - Hagane

Prickly Angler - 2-1 - 887 400 - P1 - No - Saturn

Sengoku Blade - Normal - Aine

Prickly Angler - 2-1 - 909 500 - P1 - No - Saturn

Small increases with a few different characters but more importantly I recorded some clears with every character (lower route) and added some commentary in the descriptions : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... MxB6MfQd_B
Prickly Angler

Post by Prickly Angler »

Sengoku Blade - Normal - Koyori

Prickly Angler - 2-1 - 955 500 - P1 - No - Saturn : https://youtu.be/NTr9ejnQmf8

Sengoku Blade - Normal - Hagane

Prickly Angler - 2-1 - 887 400 - P1 - No - Saturn (this one is an old score wasn't uploaded in the leaderboards) : https://youtu.be/OK1wmuaWmqI

Sengoku Blade - Normal - Junis

Prickly Angler - 2-1 - 932 100 - P1 - No - Saturn : https://youtu.be/qzG9ABezvbo

Small increases with Koyori and Junis, two of my favourite characters despite being on the lower-tier. Next objective in this game is the ALL clear with Marion if/when I get the motivation to do it. Quite daunting to try without any practice features but the loop is just so fun 8)
Mero

Post by Mero »

Sengoku Blade, Koyori

Mero - 903,200 - 2-1 - 1p - Yes - PS4

https://youtu.be/34mVHKN_BC8

One big error in this run where I somehow managed to power down to zero on the water stage (I wasn't trying to power down at all), and my coin collecting isn't the greatest but my strats to clear the first loop worked out. I cleared the loop with Ayin back in the day but not Koyori so glad I could get it now.