Shikigami no Shiro 2 (all systems)

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Mishi

Re: Shikigami no Shiro 2 (all systems)

Post by Mishi »

A little update, since at least I got a PB. I can't ever keep calm at the end and keep on throwing runs away. I had a very bad stage 4 for score as well and I decided to forgo the 4-2 milk because I get too nervous at that point. I also run low on bombs at that point if I end up spending a few on mistakes in stages 3 and 4, and generally need one or two to push the milk to be of any worth to me.

Gonna give it a bit more so I can reach my goal of around 3.3B with her, but it's tough. I really should practice the end game more so i can just mindlessly push through it more to counteract my emotions.

Mishi - 3,127,102,290 - Fumiko1 - 14710 - 5-1
Play Guilty Gear
T-hawk

Post by T-hawk »

Is there a reason you're playing Fumiko? She's about the worst to use for score, with the clunky shiki attack. Even Fumiko-2 is a bit better.

I guess Fumiko-1 can at least kill bosses fast, if you're having trouble with getting hit on them.
Mishi

Post by Mishi »

T-hawk wrote:Is there a reason you're playing Fumiko? She's about the worst to use for score, with the clunky shiki attack. Even Fumiko-2 is a bit better.

I guess Fumiko-1 can at least kill bosses fast, if you're having trouble with getting hit on them.
I like playing her is all, and her cool shiki attack is what drew me to these games. I don't think it matters much about her being bad for score since it's best to consider each character in their own leaderboard anyways. I know her alternate shiki is better, but I can't be bothered to relearn a route with her at this point. I'm also stubborn and don't want to move on to other characters till I am satisfied.
Play Guilty Gear
Mishi

Post by Mishi »

And never mind, I finally got my clear with her while going for score. 8) I still see much improvement, mistakes to not happen, and things I could mess with for better efficiency but this is fine. This pushed me enough.

Mishi - 3,537,142,400 - Fumiko1 - 14,856 - ALL

https://youtu.be/bGEwVE7mFa8
Play Guilty Gear
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Speaking as character you probably shouldn't play as, I have been grinding for a while with the exceedingly wonky NiigiGB (Niigi2 to be exact). I guess I had thought if I could eke out a world record with her counterpart Lale in Sisters Royale, I could succeed with her too, right? Well, Shikigami 2 is leagues and leagues harder than Sisters Royale and it's been one hell of a bumpy ride...

Considering the Steam port is coming next month, I wanted to get myself ready so I can swoop in and dominate those online leaderboards before Japanese players know what hit them. :P Of course, the first course of business is climbing these shmupsfarm leaderboards! I am happy that today, after an overly long shmup session, I unexpectedly got a clear with Niigi! I wasn't even looking for it, I was just hoping for a chance to practice Shintaro's 5-1 fight on a real run. I was well past my limit; I was going to quit streaming before I got a twitch raid so I felt compelled to put on a show, lol. How serendipitous!

Here's a video of the run. I got so lucky during the 4th and 5th phases of World Order I can hardly believe it. What a fluke.

A lot of times I got nervous and forewent scoring. That cost me, certainly. Especially since I have a clear-cut goal now: Beating BER's 3.9 billion score and taking the community record for myself!

EmperorIng - 3,155,661,800 - Niigi2 - 11,953 - ALL

M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Congratulations! Glad I caught that run live, the end especially was pretty wild.
There's still a long and dangerous road ahead for the community record, but it's doable for sure! Gotta channel your Lale powers towards this game haha.
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
Battletoad

Post by Battletoad »

Battletoad - 1,539,663,000 - Sayo1 - 4,816 - 4-1

Pretty great run for 2 hours back into the game. I played Shiki 2 casually ~10 years ago (and only on PAL 50 Hz), still lots of fun now! :)

https://imgur.com/a/2377Hyz
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

It's not much of a pb, but I did get one, ha, and I even managed to record the replay! This way I can show off the steam port, for good or ill. It feels just about the same as the PC port, maybe a hair more slowdown but that might be just my perception. The biggest issue of the steam port so far are the number of graphical glitches, many of them affecting the menus and online leaderboard (which is atm prone to bugging out). For example, in this video, my Niigi Type2 score is erroneously placed in the Niigi1 leaderboards (EDIT: apparently as of today this bug has been patched). Other times, duplicate entries will litter the boards. The game has been patched multiple times now so I hope that they keep on working to fix this.

EmperorIng - 3,284,636,800 - Niigi2 - 12,164 - ALL

I have so much more work to do if I want to beat BER's score. I messed up a lot and panicked during stage 5, missing out a lot of score, but I guess I just wasn't nearly getting enough coins collected at x8.

The steam port's new arrange mode by alfasystem, New Entry mode, is probably twice as hard as the arcade game if I were to wager. It's very challenging! :|
Prinny

Post by Prinny »

A couple of runs from the steam port.

Prinny - 4,850,403,560 - Kuga2 - 30,832 - All

Prinny - 3,611,825,450 - Sayo1 - 16,585 - All

Kuga2 run
Sayo1 run
Mishi

Post by Mishi »

Mishi - 3,857,958,680 - Fumiko O.V.(1) - 19171 - ALL

Lots of mistakes still and disregarded a few strats for saftey in the meantime. I want to hit 4.5B or somewhere around there.
Spoiler
Play Guilty Gear
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

well done, community record king
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

Mishi wrote:
T-hawk wrote:Is there a reason you're playing Fumiko? She's about the worst to use for score, with the clunky shiki attack. Even Fumiko-2 is a bit better.

I like playing her is all, and her cool shiki attack is what drew me to these games. I don't think it matters much about her being bad for score since it's best to consider each character in their own leaderboard anyways. I know her alternate shiki is better, but I can't be bothered to relearn a route with her at this point. I'm also stubborn and don't want to move on to other characters till I am satisfied.
I recall reading this post a while back and really liking your philosophy. Go with what you enjoy and stick with it, even if it's not the shortest distance from A to B. You will go far in the end.

Now you're pushing close to 4B with her. Congrats and good luck with reaching your goal!
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

I'm still in the hunt! Trying my hardest to learn from the superplay dvd and constant practice. I failed in Shmup Slam but at least I am continuing towards my goal of 4 billion. One run I was able to get 1.7 billion before stage 3, so I have to work on getting that more consistent and even exceeding that, triggering the extend before the stage.

Here is a replay of my latest clear with Niigi2! I thought for sure my huge chokes during stage 4-2 would have cost me the run but I somehow survived.

EmperorIng - 3,602,761,420 - Niigi2 - 14,099 - ALL

marus

Post by marus »

marus-MPO - 3,002,041,830 - Sayo1 - 7737 x8 action - ALL
Video
Replay file (this was done on the older 2004 PC port, so it won't work in the steam version).

I took a quick break from Touhou scoring to knock out my first clear for this game! This was one of the first shmups I played casually and I've wanted to clear it for a long time. I remember I used to think the stage 4 and 5 bosses were the hardest f*&king things. It's pretty funny to look back on that now - I was able to beat them pretty easily after learning a few cheese strats, haha.
Last edited by marus on Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Not bad at all for a first-time clear! Sayo was always too awkward for me to figure out.

Replays are not compatible with the steam port, which sadly excised that feature.
marus

Post by marus »

Oh dang that's unfortunate, although that doesn't surprise me. I imagine they had to make a lot of changes to update the port for modern Windows. The run's nothing special, but I'll see if I can get it up on the Youtubes!

Sayo is pretty hard to use during the stages since her close range shikigami forces you to play aggressive. On the other hand though she absolutely melts some of the bosses if you can point blank with her tension shot. I think her scoring routes are cool too, although I don't know if I'll ever progress that far with the game.

EDIT: The run's on Youtube now! Link