shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:33 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Best Girl?
Sonay 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Selma 33%  33%  [ 5 ]
Ece 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
Nur 20%  20%  [ 3 ]
Lale 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
Ode 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 15
 Post subject: Re: Sisters Royale (Alfa System, PC/Switch/PS4/XB1, 2019)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:26 pm 

Herr Schatten wrote:
Normal
Sonay
Herr Schatten - 2,893,045,750 - All - Switch

No-miss get!
I think I may have hit my skill ceiling here. My boss kills were far from optimal, only 25/31 were at x8, but I'm not sure doing better there could push me beyond the 3 billion mark.

Congratulations on the no-miss man!

With a ceiling, it's probably more of a case that you have to rethink your routes, considering your many (excellent!) clears have had pretty marginal gains over the last few weeks.

More than likely you are
-using fairies at unoptimal times
-not milking as much of the bosses as you can (especially Lale's ghosts, which you should milk until well past overtime) - you can also kind of milk selma's orb phase
-not nearly collecting enough coins at x8.
-not using your bombs for speedkill bonuses

It's not enough to kill enemies at x8, collecting coins at x8 is a HUGE part of your score, so you want to hug bullets as they come in.

Study your footage (or others'), and think about how you are going about to get as many x8 kills and x8 collections as you can.

Also for the final boss, Seytan, during his second phase, start as far to the left as you can manage, as this will push his destructible orbs right in the path of your familiar, for optimal grabbing. The highest score with Sonay is over 4 billion, so you know you have some opportunities you are missing out on.

Also I think that I should have the leaderboards fixed now. :oops:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:52 am 

EmperorIng wrote:
More than likely you are
-using fairies at unoptimal times
-not milking as much of the bosses as you can (especially Lale's ghosts, which you should milk until well past overtime) - you can also kind of milk selma's orb phase
-not nearly collecting enough coins at x8.
-not using your bombs for speedkill bonuses

It's not enough to kill enemies at x8, collecting coins at x8 is a HUGE part of your score, so you want to hug bullets as they come in.

Thanks for the hints.

I think my general routes and use of fairies are pretty solid, if I compare them to runs by others. I will definitely pay more attention to that coin collecting, though. I have a few spots in mind where that might not be optimal.

What I'm definitely guilty of is too little milking and not using bombs for speedkills. All my scores were done with minimal milking involved. The only spots I milk are the first form of the first midboss and the crystals of Sonay's second phase. I still tend to lose my nerves with Lale and bomb through her second and third phase, thus missing out on that delicious ghost spam. I also bomb through Yashin's second phase, and Seytan's first and third one .. Apart from that, I usually just bomb the third phase of each boss to get that x16 destruction.

There's one spot in stage 5 where I have to bomb more often than not. Near the end of the stage, just before the second fairy, theres a sequence with a lot of bullets flying all over the place. First little round ones, then needles, then rings. It's the rings that are giving me problems. Sometimes I manage to squeeze through, but I haven't found a place where a gap opens up consistently yet. If I have to bomb there, I'm missing out on a whole bunch of popcorn enemies I could easily kill at x8.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:05 pm 

Nice progress Schatten! It really looks like you've put a lot of time and effort into this gradual score increase.
I feel like there might be one thing (or more) you are missing out on (like the coin collection as mentionned by Ing perhaps) since my own 3bil run was more or less "casual" and I did very little milking, and also died multiple times.

If you are bomb spamming, maybe it's not getting the final Summon-kill that creates the difference too. Sonay's bomb is powerful so i imagine you can quickly weaken the boss form and then retreat at the last moment as to finish off the phase with Summon immediately afterwards

Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:31 pm 

M.Knight wrote:
If you are bomb spamming, maybe it's not getting the final Summon-kill that creates the difference too. Sonay's bomb is powerful so i imagine you can quickly weaken the boss form and then retreat at the last moment as to finish off the phase with Summon immediately afterwards

Nah, that's something I'm doing already. Use the bomb to bring down the boss's health and reveal the fairy, then deal the finishing blow with the shikigami at x16.

I re-watched your replay and interestingly, you don't do things much differently from me. In fact, in stages 1, 2 and 5 our scores aren't much apart either, but your performance in stages 3 and 4 is a lot tighter than mine. I think I will practice those two stages some more, and see if I can make some more progress.

EDIT: I've analyzed you replay in-depth and compared to my own performance. Apparently, it's stage 3 where I don't seem to quite have found the best route yet. Compared to your run, I usually come up about 160 K short, and I lose score all over the place, not just in some key spot. Stages 4 and 5 are largely fine.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:46 am 

Normal
Sonay
Herr Schatten - 2,986,895,430 - All - Switch

*sigh* So close. Without dying 5 times (twice at the last boss), this probably would have been above 3 billion easily. Still, this bumps me up into the top 5 of the online ranking for Sonay. Practicing the earlier stages some more definitely paid off.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:51 pm 

Whoa you're veeery close now :shock:
Glad my run was helpful too!

Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:20 pm 

Normal
Sonay
Herr Schatten - 2,995,451,570 - All - Switch

*facepalm* You've got to be fucking kidding me.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7