Shikigami no Shiro

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
M.Knight

Re: Shikigami no Shiro

Post by M.Knight »

Thanks!
Yeah at first I definitely didn't expect to catch up to you guys, even with my previous 1CC Kuga experience from a decade ago. The very addictive practice loop, the helpful replays, and the competition between the few of us were very useful in getting better and better at scoring this game.
Now I'd like to beat HomeRun Akai's score but that'll require some tighter play and probably luck at multiple boss fights lol.

And good luck for the 4bil! I feel like it might be easier with Sayo in a way since I get a decent amount of seconds for the milk, but it's definitely doable with Kim too.
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
Mishi

Post by Mishi »

PLAYER: Mishi
GET ITEMS: 52,971
TENSION AVERAGE: x7
REACHED STAGE: All
SCORE: 4,049,150,360
CLASS: A
CHARACTER: Kim

Was gonna throw the run away also with a double hit taken in stage 3.
Spoiler
Play Guilty Gear
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

One more score over 4 billion! I never thought this game would see so much love after so many years!
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Congratulations Mishi on this groovy 4bil score! Hoping more will join the 4bil gang in the future
I'm back on the top of the community leaderboard though 8)

M.Knight / 55,672 / x7 / ALL / 4,082,877,300 / C / Sayo
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiKTsaJ6gLE
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

You guys are beasts. I just need to figure out what to do to get another 250million. And pray pray pray for good spider RNG.
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Thanks! I also have to figure out how to get 250 more millions myself now, since I'm getting closer and closer to Akai's score :mrgreen:
A run with no deaths and good 5-3 RNG could pull it off I hope

M.Knight / 57,380 / x7 / ALL / 4,224,323,120 / A / Sayo
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYraecNl2yA
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

Updated!
I love how you guys keeping playing this and pushing the scores over more and more. I Tryed play this game after M.Knight's assist but the game got slow in my PC (maybe incompatibility problens). Guess I will need use windows vista if I want to play this. I have the Steam version but hate it.
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

I know some players had issues with input lag on the EX port on Win10, maybe that's related to the problems you are experiencing? On Win7 it seems to run fine though, so perhaps Vista should do the trick too?
Yeah, the Steam port has its weird quirks and glitches like the lack of late-game boss voices, or the crash on Samurai boss when using specific attacks on it when he becomes vulnerable. It took me some time to get used to it.
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Almost insignificant 4million improvement but I'll take it lol. Best thing about this run is only losing one life during the milk, but I still had plenty of dumb deaths all over the place otherwise.

M.Knight / 56,968 / x7 / ALL / 4,228,835,890 / A / Sayo
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE-16wgKvNg
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

I think you'll be beating HomerunAkai's score of 4.4 one of these days my man. Just excellent all around.

I mentioned this elsewhere, and while I don't have a score to add right now, I did do a quick-n-dirty 3.3 billion 1cc the other night so I still want to be in the 4 billion club. :twisted:

Of course the next night's practice after that clear was the good old-fashioned, more typical "never make it to stage 5" session.
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

Deaths in last stage was sad!
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Ing : I'm studying the SI2R replay in order to improve my milk technique and beat Akai's score so hopefully you're right!
And good luck for the 4bil! If Mishi was able to do it, you have all it takes to get that score too, and also one English-speaking source of info for strats and tricks, which is always handy haha.

third_strike : Yeah indeed. Especially 5-2, I really had no excuse for that one, I'm supposed to handle this fight very well lol. 5-3 master spark pattern is still messing me up a lot though, perhaps I should be more bomb-happy in order to keep the coin value high since I can always cash in on it at the end of the pattern and then the last pattern too.
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

EmperorIng wrote:I think you'll be beating HomerunAkai's score of 4.4 one of these days my man
This day has indeed come haha

M.Knight / 57,271 / x7 / ALL / 4,493,967,850 / A / Sayo
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57ltsg9WFxI

I had a new pre-milk PB of 930k thanks to some optimizations (and it could have been even higher since I missed out on some lucrative tricks like the heli boss multi-part kill WTF), and on the milk itself I copied even more closely the SI2R strat from the replay, since my crystal wave 3 was not as effective. I still had a very unfortunate death in 5-3 but in the end I pulled through to nab that #1 spot on the Steam leaderboards!
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

I haven't been able to watch the replay yet, but congratulations for the achievement. I can't even imagine how many hours you have on this game these days. Are you going to try 5 billion?
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Thanks a lot! :)
Oh also I was also streaming that run so you can also watch the run here with live commentary if you want haha : https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1217573777?t=48m40s

I just checked Steam and it says I've played 91 hours of it, which is quite a lot actually holy fuck lol. There might be one or two hours total of idle time during practice sessions and stuff, but that seems accurate overall.
You can add the time spent on EX before I switched to the Steam version too (which I have no way of tracking). I can't imagine it being higher than 15/20 hours, and half of it must have been for Kuga a long time ago.

5bil seems like a very cool goal, I'd like to get there but I know it's gonna be very tricky as I'm kinda running out of big and "easy" point improvements for now. It will probably come down to optimizing the early game, and also refining the current milk strats unless there is a wave 3 strat that gets every single crystal. I'll probably just try to increase my lead on Akai for safety and then see what happens.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

It's been 3 months, and it doesn't change my standing at all, but at least I finally got a new personal best! Sorry to make you edit, third_strike. :lol: Sooooo close to 4 billion.

Arcade Kim
EmperorIng - 49,747 - x7 - ALL - 3,789,427,240 - A

I am really beginning to grasp how important x8 coin collection is in this game. It's like, well, everything. It's such a huge part of your score. I suspect it is worth more, during the spider milk, to get as many coins at x8 as you can, versus chasing every crystal and risk collecting coins at x5 or so. In my video of this clear, I was sometimes getting 150 million per cycle (from blue ball to blue ball). I just need to learn to get better at it! I still didn't get a new stage best on 5-1, but I was saved by having a really good 5-3, getting 500 million on that stage alone.

And I know I've congratulated you elsewhere MKnight but man what an amazing score!
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Thanks!

And well done on this new PB! You may not have gotten any ranks here but from what I see you at least beat someone on Steam so there's that :)
Now just gotta have a run with the full boss timer used on the milk and better x8 on the coins and 4bil may very well be yours
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

I'm not done yet!

I figured I should post this since I don't know when I will get a new pb (or my goal of 4 billion).

Arcade Kim
EmperorIng - 51,402 - x7 - ALL - 3,913,268,340 - A

So agonizingly close... a couple of dumb deaths during the crystal milk cost me during this run. This also had an insanely clutch 5-1 stage (no bombing the entire run!), and a death in 2-1 and 3-2 of all places. I guess I need a perfect run to get that "perfect" 4 billion score. I recorded the full run here.

I have been experimenting and observing my footage throughout, I managed to capture some footage of two of my crystal cycles getting over 160 million. Doing this consistently will be key in breaking the 4 billion barrier.