Sisters Royale (Alfa System, PC/Switch/PS4/XB1, 2019)

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores

Best Girl?

Sonay
6%
Selma
29%
Ece
18%
Nur
18%
Lale
18%
Ode
12%

Total votes: 17

Mero

Re: Sisters Royale (Alfa System, PC/Switch/PS4/XB1, 2019)

Post by Mero »

Normal

Sonay

Mero - 3,622,446,550 - All - PS4 - video

Returning to this for a while to get some better scores. Chose Sonay to get back in the swing of things, since she's the easiest.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

I've been dethroned!!
What an awesome run man. You've shown that there is still a good deal of work to do with Sonay on Normal mode. Congratulations!!!!
Mishi

Post by Mishi »

Mero wrote:to get back in the swing of things
Casually gets the highest score for Sonay while getting back in the swing of things. Nice.
Play Guilty Gear
Mero

Post by Mero »

Thanks guys!

And yeah there's still some scope to get more out of Sonay though I'm not sure how much, even if my run was no miss it only would have been about 100m higher but that run definitely isn't perfection so there's gains to be had through better play as well.
Mero

Post by Mero »

Normal

Selma

Mero - 5,047,399,890 - All - PS4 - video

I think I'm going to leave it at that, I've had enough of Selma lol. At least I managed to break 5 billion.
Mero

Post by Mero »

Lale

Normal

Mero - 3,426,970,390 - All - PS4 - video

This is the culmination of quite a few runs, every time I cleared I kept thinking I could go a bit higher. Still a few mistakes (like walking into a lone bullet) but I'm happy enough to get this.

Ece is up next but I don't think I'll be able to get get a good score, I'm not very good at changing the direction of the lazer in the heat of the action. I also want to try to get a good Hard score, which probably means using Nur again.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

WORLD RECORD BABY! Congratulations, Mero! That's an utterly INSANE score with Lale of all characters.

But don't you dare take my Ece score away from me :mrgreen:
Mishi

Post by Mishi »

Anotha one. I'm going to be heartbroken when you get to Ode at this rate. I'm gonna have to go back and buffer that score more before then.
Play Guilty Gear
Mero

Post by Mero »

EmperorIng wrote:WORLD RECORD BABY! Congratulations, Mero! That's an utterly INSANE score with Lale of all characters.

But don't you dare take my Ece score away from me :mrgreen:

Thanks, and your Ece score definitely isn't in any danger, I'm really not very good with her. Played a few credits yesterday, right now I have 2.9 (game over on Seytan), if I can beat my old score by over a billion I think I'll be happy enough. I think I'd enjoy playing Ece more if the whole of her laser was as powerful as the middle.
Mishi wrote:Anotha one. I'm going to be heartbroken when you get to Ode at this rate. I'm gonna have to go back and buffer that score more before then.
That won't happen, I don't even have Ode (no internet). I haven't researched if it would be possible for me to get her but it won't be happening anytime soon.
And good luck, I think Ode probably has higher scoring potential than Nur on normal.
Mero

Post by Mero »

Normal

Ece

Mero - 3,063,673,450 - All -PS4 -

Absolutely terrible but that's enough, I want to throw in the towel with Ece.

I told you your score was safe :mrgreen:
Mero

Post by Mero »

Hard

Nur

Mero - 6,988,660,410 - 5 - PS4 - image

I've had quite a few runs where I've died right at the end so I'll just go with this for now. I feel like I could do it but I'm going to call it a day, been playing this quite often lately.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Apologies for not updating this score sooner! Congrats on the strong Hard mode finish; it's a little shameful I haven't given Hard Mode enough time. However I've dipped my toes back into Sonay Normal recently so don't rest on your 3.6b Normal for too long :wink:

Much obliged for not humiliating me with Ece though :mrgreen:
Mero

Post by Mero »

That Sonay score is definitely beatable so I'm sure you'll get it, good luck!

As for Ece, I'm just not very good with her so I was never going to hit the top. :mrgreen:
Prinny

Post by Prinny »

Just dropping some stuff I got for normal.

Normal
Sonay
Prinny - 2,723,496,010 - ALL - PC - video

Normal
Nur
Prinny - 3,191,362,240 - ALL - PC - video
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Congratulations on the two clears, Prinny! That Nur score ain't half bad, either! It takes a goodly amount of work to break past 3 billion in the game. Welcome to the club :mrgreen:
Sturmvogel Prime

Post by Sturmvogel Prime »

Looks like I've broke my previous records in a different console.
Normal - Selma - 2,594,543,360 - ALL - PlayStation 4
Fan of Transformers, Shmups and Anime-styled Girls. You're teamed up with the right pilot!
Bringing you shmup and video game reviews with humorous criticism.

STG Wikias: Thunder Force Wiki - Wikiheart Exelica - Ginga Force Wiki
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Time to bump the thread!

First off in Sisters Royale news, Japanese Shikigami no Shiro expert, HomerunAKAI, who has impressive 4+ billion scores with Kohtaro and Sayo (and is currently the highest score on Steam's Shiki1 leaderboards) has claimed the world record for Sonay in Normal mode with a staggering 4.1 billion!

Watch the awesome replay here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRh9nwXnDzk

Secondly, I've decided to finally put some time into Lale in between my bouts of improvement at Shikigami 1 and trying to learn Shikigami 2. I've decided i'd like to try and use Niigi in 2, so to get 'used' to her play style I figured I would give Lale a chance, since Niigi2 is identical (if weaker, lol), and I learned how to play Kim (my current Shikigami 1 main) by first learning to play as Selma.

With that being said, here's my first score to add. Can I -or someone else- break the 4 billion barrier with Lale, too? Current record, which I am pretty sure is Mero's, stands at 3.4 billion, which seems like an upper limit to what she can achieve.

Normal
Lale
EmperorIng - 2,171,064,570 - 5 - Switch - image

Mero

Post by Mero »

Thanks for the link, I'll check that out in a while. I knew Sonay could go higher, she may be close to maxed out now though.

And good luck with Lale, I don't know about 4 billion but my score is definitely beatable.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Time to take the top spot :mrgreen:

With this run, I am much more convinced that 4 billion is doable, it will just require some extremely good routing/luck on stage 1, and being surgically precise with boss kills throughout the game. Oh, and milking Selma and Lale's boss fights for all they're worth and being very bold.

EmperorIng - 3,705,929,910 - ALL - PC - video

For those curious, some tips that were developed:
-You do almost no damage to the boss during Selma's milk phase if you place your familiar at the bottom with about 75% charge or thereabouts
-as many bosses as possible, you should use a fairy to get a double x16 kill with them since you won't be able to milk their respective phases to a point that's worth more than the time bonus. Are three x16 kills possible? it would need to be very, very lucky and I don't know if you have enough time
-delaying stage fairies till their optimal moment is the key, but Lale is VERY slow when firing her familiar so it makes it quite difficult to avoid the fairies in time
Mero

Post by Mero »

Good job, I'll check your video after I've had something to eat.

You can milk Ece's final phase with Lale , though I didn't do it in my run. I wasn't sure if it would be better than a good time bonus.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

It seems hard to milk Ece's patterns without damaging her in the process which limits the effectiveness of the milk. Selma and Lale, however, can be milked pretty 'safely' until the timer goes out, in which case it's anyone's ballgame.

I managed, through a lot of trial and error, to break 500 million on stage 1 with Lale, which required a lot of finesse and maybe a smidgen of luck. My current splits, as I recall, are in the ballpark of:

1: 500m
2: 600m
3: 700-850m
4: 800-900m
5: 1.1b

Theoretically 4 billion is possible with Lale... just requires some perfect play to get there :oops: Getting hit at the wrong time more or less can torpedo your chances. Then again, that's true of any character (like my Ece 4 billion run earlier last year) and I managed 3.7b despite my mistakes.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Closing in, the big 4 billion should happen hopefully soon!

EmperorIng - 3,870,299,080 - ALL - PC - image

This run had some unfortunate deaths during Selma, Nur, and Yashin Demon's fights, which I think easily cost me the 130+ million needed to break the 4 billion mark.

This run had splits of appx:

1: 520m
2: 650m (1.170b)
3: 750m (1.880b)
4: 1.00b (2.813b)
5: 1.060b (3.870b)

I'm starting to even wonder if a theoretically perfect run, how I do it, will even eclipse Ece's 4.1 billion record. Wouldn't that be funny to beat the second-worst scoring char's total - with the worst scoring char?
Mero

Post by Mero »

Good work, losing your coin value costs about 40 million so you're not far off. Keep it up!
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

I tried a little bit of milking Ece's final phase with Lale as you suggested, and that might be the trick you need. It doesn't yield a huge amount of points, but if you can be bold and push it one cycle into over-time, you can make some decent gains, even with a dumb death on Yashin Demon in this particular case.

Stage best without Ece milk: 1.070 billion
Stage best with Ece milking: 1.181 billion

You have to start on either corner, and get enough bullets to kill the crystal without hurting Ece too much. The only downer is that a full cycle takes quite a while so you don't get to do the actual milk too many times.

The REALLY hard part is not revealing the fairy too early, because you want that fairy to get a double x16 on Yashin.

This may have something to do with what Alva has been recently calculating, which is that (iirc) boss' destructible bullets give double the amount of coins in stage 5. I wonder if that's the same with bosses/crystals themselves.
Mero

Post by Mero »

Yeah that's the technique I was talking about, 110 million is better than I thought!

As for not prematurely triggering the fairy, just be careful not to take out the first 2 phases with a massive volley, there shouldn't be any danger of triggering the fairy when you're milking the crystals.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

8) 8) 8)

Lale Normal
EmperorIng - 4,000,594,550 - ALL - PC - video

This is with a missing a few x16s on the bosses, as well as messing up the fairy uncovering on Ece's fight. By the skin of my teeth!

Alva pointed out to me that during Yashin Demon's final phase, Lale's familiar miraculously targeted two of the crystals to the side of the boss, which gave me a couple million points, which is likely what clinched the 4 billion for me!

Part of me wants to try for a 'cleaner' run with more of the x16 and maybe one less death, but this run came after an hour and a half of restarts so that might be asking too much of me. However, this is pretty awesome! Every character now has officially broken the 4 billion threshold in Normal mode! It wasn't too long ago that we considered Lale reaching 3 billion to be her upper limit. :mrgreen:
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

Congratulations! Your dedication to this game has made me want to at least give it a try...
Mero

Post by Mero »

Congrats on pushing it this far, well done!

Seytens crystals are worth about 8 million each (I think?) but I reckon it's the fact you only lost 2 lives that got you over the line. Great stuff :mrgreen:
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

Normal
Sonay
Herr Schatten - 1,398,951,610 - 5 - Switch

This is embarrassing, I need to learn how to score in this game. Progress is okay so far. Luckily, the game is quite generous with extends and bombs. I usually safe-bomb through the spot with the triple sideways fans in stage 3. Also, I always bomb at Lale's third phase, as I have no idea how to dodge that shit.
Mishi

Post by Mishi »

Herr Schatten wrote:Normal
Sonay
Herr Schatten - 1,398,951,610 - 5 - Switch

This is embarrassing, I need to learn how to score in this game. Progress is okay so far. Luckily, the game is quite generous with extends and bombs. I usually safe-bomb through the spot with the triple sideways fans in stage 3. Also, I always bomb at Lale's third phase, as I have no idea how to dodge that shit.
Scoring with Sonay is a little weird, since other than grazing for enemy and coin bonus, it's hard for her to destroy the destructible bullets with her shiki because it only locks on to enemies. You do also get some more enemies after midbosses if you kill them fast, so bombing on top of them with her can be a good idea.
Play Guilty Gear