Kingdom Grandprix

Andi

Kingdom Grandprix

Post by Andi »

I'll take scores from either Race or Shooting mode. The format is NAME - SCORE - CHARACTER - LEVEL. If you post a score and I don't post it, shoot me a PM and give me a heads up.

EDIT: Combined Saturn and Arcade version score boards. Supposedly there is no difference between the two revisions.

Race Mode
NAME - SCORE - CHARACTER - LEVEL
1) Enhasa - 1,368,295 - Bul-Gin - ALL
2) TodayIsForgotten - 1,049,215 - Miyamoto - 2-4
3) Damocles - 1,009,983 - Miyamoto - 2-5
4) Voxbox - 978,451 - Miyamoto - 2-5
5) zinger - 944,894 - Miyamoto - 2-5
6) Gwürz! - 886,912 - Miyamoto - 2-4
7) Gwyrgyn Blood - 849,110 - Gain - 2-4
8) Ruldra - 836,970 - Nirvana - 2-4
9) Hagane - 737,201 - Nirvana - 2-2
10) BA2 - 729,703 - Miyamoto - ?
11) Ayanami - 724,481 - Chitta - 2-2
12) CIT - 717,852 - Miyamoto - 2-2
13) drboom - 711,491 - Miyamoto - 1-6
14) andsuchisdeath - 684,093 - Miyamoto - 1-6
15) Andi - 677,333 - Bul-Gin - 2-2
16) dial911 - 643,863 - Miyamoto - 2-2
17) Kaiser - 507,265 - Miyamoto - 1-6
18) AWJ - 434,050 - Chitta - 1-6
19) alpha5099 - 395,491 - Miyamoto - 1-5
20)

Shooting Mode
NAME - SCORE - CHARACTER - LEVEL
1) Icarus 937,120 - Nirvana - 2-5
2) Andi - 777,650 - Bul-Gin - 2-4
3)
Last edited by Andi on Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:47 pm, edited 47 times in total.
Anarchos

Post by Anarchos »

BA2 - 729,703 - Miyamoto

Played the one where you flip your TV on the side.
Damocles

Post by Damocles »

Damocles - 969,433 - Miyamoto - 2-2 (I think) - Arcade
alpha5099

Post by alpha5099 »

Are the two score tables for the Saturn mode versus the Arcade mode, or the Saturn rev versus the Arcade rev? This in on the Saturn, playing in Arcade mode; put it where you please:

alpha5099 - 395,491 - Miyamoto - 1-5

Shouldn't the tables include the level reached?

EDIT:

You might want to include a third table, for Shooting Mode in the Saturn version. On the Sound option, press Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Down, Down and Start, that should open another option, Game Mode, which in Shooting Mode will eliminate all racing elements. Oddly, holding down the shot button still produces the boost sound, but there is no actual boost.
Andi

Post by Andi »

I added a note to differentiate between what the different boards refer to. Hopefully that clears things up?

I also added the shooting mode board. I knew about it, I just didn't think anyone actually bothered to play it.
Andi

Post by Andi »

Update.

Shooting mode.

Andi - 699,430 - Miyamoto.
zinger

Post by zinger »

zinger - 944,894 - Miyamoto - 2-5 (Arcade)

Gets kinda tough in the second loop, especially since you have to play the alternate stages (which I haven't practiced at all). Oh well, I think I've had enough...
SOUNDSHOCK
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

Kaiser - 235,692 - Bornam - 1-3A (Arcade)

Stuck at dracula boss ^-^ cool game (shooting mode)
Andi

Post by Andi »

Kaiser wrote:Kaiser - 235,692 - Bornam - 1-3A (Arcade)

Stuck at dracula boss ^-^ cool game (shooting mode)
Yeah, dude, it's pretty good. Although, the characters are not even remotely balanced. I used to play as Bornam, but, unfortunately, Miyamoto destroys every other character with better speed, power, and a great homing weapon.
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

Kaiser - 507,265 - Miyamoto - 1-6A
I was playing that level on last life :P shooting mode of course
zinger

Post by zinger »

Kaiser wrote:shooting mode of course

Of course? Are you sure? This is an arranged mode only availiable in the Saturn release, why not play the original arcade mode?
SOUNDSHOCK
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

zinger wrote:

Of course? Are you sure? This is an arranged mode only availiable in the Saturn release, why not play the original arcade mode?
I play in mame, i'm not racing with others because i don't care for it, i just play for shooting not race

EDIT: If that doesn't count then move my scores into race mode

EDIT2: Andi please move my scores into race mode
Andi

Post by Andi »

Kaiser wrote:
zinger wrote:

I play in mame, i'm not racing with others because i don't care for it, i just play for shooting not race

EDIT: If that doesn't count then move my scores into race mode

EDIT2: Andi please move my scores into race mode
Kaiser, I moved your new score into the original mode forum. Yeah, shooting mode refers to a special mode on the Saturn version where there are no other racers.
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

Hey andi could you make separate table for shooting-only style (on pcb or mame) of playing?
Andi

Post by Andi »

Kaiser wrote:Hey andi could you make separate table for shooting-only style (on pcb or mame) of playing?
I'm not sure I understand why. I thought there was no shooting mode on PCB? So what do you mean by PCB shooting mode? Also, aren't PCB and Saturn version identical?
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

Andi wrong! It's playing race mode on PCB and MAME, but without racing! I mean without caring for racing place that's it
zinger

Post by zinger »

Kaiser wrote:Andi wrong! It's playing race mode on PCB and MAME, but without racing! I mean without caring for racing place that's it
Hehe, this *is* a highscore thread, you know? ;)
SOUNDSHOCK
Damocles

Post by Damocles »

It would be a one loop only game since you need to place first overall to advance to the stages you didn't hit in the first go-round...I think. It's been about two years since I played. ...or is it only necessary to place first if you want to see the good ending? Bah...gonna have to fire it up now...
Andi

Post by Andi »

zinger wrote:
Kaiser wrote:Andi wrong! It's playing race mode on PCB and MAME, but without racing! I mean without caring for racing place that's it
Hehe, this *is* a highscore thread, you know? ;)
I probably won't start a new high score thread for it - racing isn't an integral part of the game, but you get bonus points for placing, and you can only go to the second loop if you get first. If you choose not to race, think of it as choosing not to chain or something - it doesn't make it a new game, it's just an way to get extra points.

I didn't place first on my race mode high score, mostly I just focused on surviving.
dial911

Post by dial911 »

I've been looking at getting the Saturn version of this game for the looongest time; but I didn't want to pay more then $30 for it. It's been hovering around the $40ish range for as long as I can remember... until I found one, a couple days ago, for $29. I jumped on it quick...

'Tis a great game! I love the old school soundtrack and the racing aspect. I have tried out all the ships and Miyamoto is, without a doubt, the best person to use in the game. His fast movement is a tad twitchy, but his 'H' powerup is god-tier and rapes enemies to pieces.

I was able to reach the last boss in my third go; and would have beat the fucker if I had one more bomb in stock. Oh wells... I will clear the first loop soon. Things were starting to get very hectic near the end which makes me wonder how crazy the second loop is going to be.

Race Mode
dial911 - 475260 - Miyamoto - 1-6
[/b]
What more can I say I wouldn't be here today if the old school didn't pave the way.
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

I have been playing this game a bit. I like Chitta F a lot. Do all characters in this game have only one good side arm and the other sucks? Like Miyamoto with H?

I am having a hard time with this game though. It kicks my ass pretty bad.
Andi

Post by Andi »

Ayanami wrote:I have been playing this game a bit. I like Chitta F a lot. Do all characters in this game have only one good side arm and the other sucks? Like Miyamoto with H?
Basically yeah. Although, most of the time, to me, it seems that H is the crappy one and F is the good one. Although, yes, Miyamoto H is all there is to this game. It's sad too, because the other characters are much cooler.
Damocles

Post by Damocles »

Damocles - 1,009,983 - Miyamoto - 2-5 (Arcade)

I tell you what...you die in the later half of the second loop and you're screwed. No powerups spawned on death means you're stuck with a peashooter. Since Miyamoto's shot is weak compared to the homing weapon you're pretty much SOL. It also isn't helped by the fact that enemies become tougher the further you go. It seems like you choose stages either for a 1-Loop clear or a 2-Loop clear. Get the easy stages out of the way for an easy 1-Loop 1cc or leave them be for the second loop.

....or just don't die.

We need a S/T...
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Damocles wrote:We need a S/T...
Yes, we do. (Don't look at me, haven't played it for ages.)

We do have a GD where stage routes are partly discussed. As far as I can remember, there are at least two stages which have closing doors at the start, if you can get ahead and force the door to close on your competitors, then you have an easy scoring path to the end for 1st place. However, taking these particular stages in the first loop makes the second loop obviously harder. However, one tip is to not bother racing in the second loop, and just zap everything.

If I remember correctly, my particular route is:
- Start - Air Circus - Outcast Castle - Cold Corridor - Strato Storm - Kobold's Tower -> LOOP

I think a good target for a 2-ALL is around 1.4mil.
By the way, Nirvana > Miyamoto, in my opinion. ^_-
Damocles

Post by Damocles »

Icarus wrote:
Damocles wrote:We need a S/T...
Yes, we do. (Don't look at me, haven't played it for ages.)

We do have a GD where stage routes are partly discussed. As far as I can remember, there are at least two stages which have closing doors at the start, if you can get ahead and force the door to close on your competitors, then you have an easy scoring path to the end for 1st place. However, taking these particular stages in the first loop makes the second loop obviously harder. However, one tip is to not bother racing in the second loop, and just zap everything.

If I remember correctly, my particular route is:
- Start - Air Circus - Outcast Castle - Cold Corridor - Strato Storm - Kobold's Tower -> LOOP

I think a good target for a 2-ALL is around 1.4mil.
By the way, Nirvana > Miyamoto, in my opinion. ^_-
And I certainly won't. My S/T's suck. I tend to be bland and ramble. Check out my Undeadline S/T for proof. I would provide info for one, however.

Funny...your path is completely different from mine...though I suppose it makes sense. Air Circus and Strato Storm, along with Crossfire, are my worst stages. Methinks I'll be working on these for an easier second loop.

If Shippu Mahou Daisakusen was a fighting game, Miyamoto would be God tier.
dial911

Post by dial911 »

- Start - Velmatic Ocean - Crossfire - Ice Corridor - Forest of the Dead - Kobold's Tower - LOOP - Start - Air Circus - Raped...

I died, for the first time, in the middle of Air Circus on the second loop; and was thoroughly raped of all my lives soon afterwards...

Race Mode
dial911 - 643863 - Miyamoto - 2-2
What more can I say I wouldn't be here today if the old school didn't pave the way.
zinger

Post by zinger »

Damocles wrote:Funny...your path is completely different from mine...though I suppose it makes sense. Air Circus and Strato Storm, along with Crossfire, are my worst stages. Methinks I'll be working on these for an easier second loop.
Same here, I was completely unprepared for those in the second loop. I doubt I'll get back to this game, although a 2-ALL would be nice.
SOUNDSHOCK
AWJ

Post by AWJ »

AWJ - 434,050 - Chitta - 1-6

Route: Start - Velmatic Ocean - Outcast Castle - Deeply Dungeon - Forest of Dead - Yashiki of Ninja

Why oh why did I pick Yashiki of Ninja (which I've never even played before) at the end? Cockiness and curiosity got the better of me... I woulda looped the game (and I had way more than enough race points to enter the loop) if only I just picked Kobold's Tower like a good boy.
AWJ

Post by AWJ »

Ayanami wrote:I have been playing this game a bit. I like Chitta F a lot. Do all characters in this game have only one good side arm and the other sucks? Like Miyamoto with H?
It depends on the character; on one extreme there's Chitta (you need to use both her subweapons in the course of a game) and at the other there's Gain (pathetic H) and Bul-Gin (useless F but godly H) And then there's Honest John, who's kinda like Dan to Miyamoto's Ryu. All of his weapons work like Miyamoto's corresponding ones (narrow main shot, wide spreading F, snakelike H, and bomb that projects from his body and can be steered around the screen after activation), except that they're all laughably weak. Many times I've had the Velmatic Ocean boss timeout and escape even when I was constantly pounding it with fully-powered-up main and H.

If anyone wants to get off the Miyamoto bandwagon and try a very different character, I recommend Bul-Gin. I thought he sucked at first, but then I got a couple stages in with him and noticed just how ridiculously damaging his H subweapon is. You have to play him the complete opposite of Miyamoto--instead of aiming the main shot at big enemies and letting the subweapon take care of the small fry, you want to use your main shot to clear out peons while your cannonballs pummel the big guys. His weaknesses are that he's kinda slow (though there are no truly slow characters in the first two Mahou games) and his bomb doesn't cover much area (though it does a shitload of damage) You need more racing skill to play him than Miyamoto (assuming you're playing for score and trying to reach the loop) since you can't just break out the pack for free by using a bomb.
Andi

Post by Andi »

AWJ: I've been looking for a reason to start playing this game again. Maybe I'll give Bul-Gin a shot when I get some time. If you notice, my race mode score is with Bornam, so, obviously, I'm looking for new characters.

Keep working on your score. Good to see people are still playing this game.