Small update to my score:
dmauro - 1,397,340 - 1-4 - normal
TLB

Post by TLB »

TOM - 1,435,980 - 1-4 - Normal

Long Stage 4 is Long >_>
BIL

Post by BIL »

Good to see you onboard, man! Yeah, 1-4 can be a bitch. I'll need to brush up on it when I get back to UD at some point.
TLB

Post by TLB »

Thanks ^_~ I sure HOPE you get back to it soon; I already have the highest 1-4 score (and another one that's 100k more that I'm not bothering to post =P), and I only keep improving ^_~ Though I hope there are lots of points in 1-5. Preferably enough that I can beat you on one life and a bomb or two xD After getting railed by the 1-4 boss on my newest score, I practiced it for a while, and it's about as easy as the 1-2 boss, if I use a bomb. It's way too risky for me to try getting a rocket in there once the turret starts shooting again at ~80 seconds remaining. In practice mode, with full lives (so no extra bonus; I WILL have lost lives), I glean ~200k+, so assuming I do around as well (say a little worse; I score absolutely terribly on 1-4, losing hundreds of thousands of points), I'll have ~1.75 millions at the beginning of 1-5. Though I don't see any of this happening until Thursday, unfortunately =P
BIL

Post by BIL »

1-5 is practically a miniboss rush, so yeah, definitely lots of places to stick your neck out there. I find it more intense but less annoying (goddamn EMP bombs screwing up my controls) than 1-4.

The 1-4 boss can be taken out very quickly, if you get in there with the rocket. I preferred to do this, rather than let its respawning turrets and EMP bombs start complicating things. Not sure how you feel about watching replays, but Kiken's first loop demo video at http://www.super-play.co.uk shows how it's done.

I will be attacking UD first thing when I get my JP DC, so at least the two of us can keep the board active! I'd like to go for the 2-ALL. It's been well over a year since I posted my score, holy shit. -_-;
TLB

Post by TLB »

Yeah, actually, once I got owned I think I watched his or youtubed the stuff alamone has up (they're essentially the same in terms of showing how to kick the shit out of the game :P) and I pretty much do the exact same shit, except not quite at the same speeds. I thought the youtube play didn't bomb here, as I had worked into my strategy, but apparently it does :P

I, too, think I'll go for the 2-ALL, though that's probably some time away. I think I'll go for the first-loop clear and leave it at that for a while, maybe clear galuda and another Cave game or two, then come back. Dunno. Depends how I feel. Maybe a Psikyo in there.

I'm busy whoring my friend's computer, so I'll let him have this back ^_-
MOSQUITO FIGHTER

Post by MOSQUITO FIGHTER »

Mosquito Fighter - 1,242,240 - 1-4 - Normal

My old Under Defeat score. Might give this game another serious try sometime.
AndyWeil

Re: Under Defeat

Post by AndyWeil »

AndyWeil - 1.911.790 - 1-5 - Normal

need more practice on stage 1-5
TLB

Re:

Post by TLB »

TOM - 1,795,570 - 1-5 - Normal

Turns out I was pretty spot-on in my prediction. Started playing last night, made idiot mistakes, said fuck it, went to bed. Today, beat old high score by 220k and get to 1-5 :)

Stage 5 is Cool as Hell (cookie for unintentional reference). Extremely cool. Maybe the coolest thing I have ever seen.

Bill, you ought to consider getting back on this before I whoop your ass :)
BIL

Post by BIL »

No DC! :[ Or any consoles period. This has been my year of gaming famine unfortunately. Don't take my prized 9th place spot! XD
TLB

Post by TLB »

What the hell. Why no DC. Sell your house.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Well, this year's plan is to get the pesky games secured, then buy the consoles at my leisure. The wait has been painful, but assuming I don't get hit by a bus on the way to work, it'll pay off eventually. I definitely plan to 2-ALL UD by the end of 2010 at the very least.

By the way, glad you liked Stage 5! Simply one of the most atmospheric final levels in the genre. It looks like ****ing Stalingrad. Really underlines UD as a war shooter.
Battletoad

Post by Battletoad »

Recently got the game.
Battletoad - 1,122,300 - 1-4 - Normal

I don´t like that you don´t get any extends and I kind of hate the 3-dimensional bullets... But otherwise an absolutely great game with impressive atmosphere. Better scores to come sometime (hopefully) if I don´t keep on dying with full bomb stock so often ;)
TLB

Post by TLB »

aw, shit, now i gotta compete with battletoad, too XD guess i'm going to have to get my ass moving and play instead of sleeping in my spare time ^_~

nice score already, by the way!
Battletoad

Post by Battletoad »

Well who needs sleep?! ^^
(Me for example and I need a lot... I´m feeling old :roll: )

I didn´t make superfast progress in this game, I already had the opportunity to play some credits (not few) some weeks ago. So I can say that I´ve had enough practice to reach stage 4. ;)
But now hell is just beginning...
TLB

Post by TLB »

Yep :) As soon as you hit 5, you're going to be a little less than pleased about how G.rev decided to take out most of the breathing room in the really tight places. It's easy to fall behind and have to bomb. It's probably going to take me another six months just to get a credit where I don't fuck up by 1-3 and restart, much less make it to 1-5 and actually execute what pittance I've practiced :) Though the only reason I couldn't bomb the shit of 1-5 for a 2M score was because I'd forgotten how to do the 1-4 boss >_> Oh well, my PS2's STILL broken and I don't feel like rotating my monitor back to the horizon, so I guess I'm not playing any other shooting games until I loop this one :)

Good luck, my friend! You're the only competition around, apparently, and I welcome the challenge :)
TLB

Post by TLB »

TOM - 2'039'430 - 1-5 - NORMAL

Yay! =D Even with much fuckuppage, I managed a 2M score. Ended on the plane. Forgot it sprays that early =P

Also, Bill, ironically, The Cat Attached to the Rust was playing when I lost ^_~ I also noticed that my play seemed a lot smoother when Storm of Fine Weather was playing in 3, and Way Back That Was Shut played in 4 =) Dunno what the hell's going on there, but I'm so close to kicking your ass that I can taste it. Not...your ass, I mean, buh- uh, well--

^_~
BIL

Post by BIL »

About the plane midboss, have you figured out the trick with its exploding mines? For the longest time I thought "my DC is reading my mind goddamnit" and got tagged constantly, until I noticed their colour-coding. One of my very favourite patterns to dodge.
TLB

Post by TLB »

Yep, I just forgot how early the main turret ganks you >_> Bastard turret, I had a bomb left. Anyhows, yeah, I tend only to go for 2-3 of the four engines with a rocket to the center just to get the fight over with. Not comfortable enough with it yet. I'm also totally okay with the 3 midboss now, apparently. 3 boss is a bastard to score; I'm going to have to tinker in practice to relearn that one. I also REALLY have to start laying bombs in certain areas, because I lost my first life to a pointblanking puny helibastard in a cluttered area worth only ~5k points. Not worth the death and loss of all the bombs. Second death was pretty dumb, too, but oh well. 4 boss went about as well as it possibly could have; about this, I am glad.

Not sure when I'm going to have another shot at playing next. Not being fuckin' interrupted helped a LOT. I even checked and took a picture of the alternate scoreboard; I never had to pause. Maybe Wednesday I'll have some Magic Leaves to make some Magic Tea with, and I'll try playing :)
TLB

Post by TLB »

So, I'm noticing that this board actually hasn't been updated since July, and there have been several new scores since then. Is CIT not taking care of this thread any longer?
Battletoad

Post by Battletoad »

m3tall1ca wrote:So, I'm noticing that this board actually hasn't been updated since July, and there have been several new scores since then. Is CIT not taking care of this thread any longer?
He sometimes still posts in a German shmups forum (Triggerzone). I´ll send him a PM here or there and ask about it.

By the way no further success in this game yet, but I hope to play it more intensively in November. At the moment just some single credits which don´t help me a lot...
TLB

Post by TLB »

Ohhhh, boy, I hope you can :) This game is so satisfying. I sent him a PM too. I can't wait until tomorrow, I have the day off work to play Under Defeat with :) I hope louisg starts playing for score again, too. He hinted at it, so we'll see. This game isn't very old at all, we should still have some competition :)
Battletoad

Post by Battletoad »

Yes indeed we should. :P
You already sent a PM, so I´ll wait a few days. I´ll only contact him, if you get no answer (until the weekend maybe).
TLB

Post by TLB »

ATTN:

CIT no longer has the time to visit here, so he has relinquished responsibility of this score board to me.

New thread to follow in moments :)
CIT

Re: Under Defeat (old thread)

Post by CIT »

Moderators, please close. Thanks!