Tar-Palantir - 7,104,710 - Stage 6 - Grimlen - 84/108
crithit5000

Post by crithit5000 »

crithit5000 - 2,672,860 - Karte - 4 - 59 items
now tighter than your sister
landshark

Post by landshark »

Tar-Palantir wrote:Tar-Palantir - 7,104,710 - Stage 6 - Grimlen - 84/108
Wow... would you by chance have a replay of this? I'd love to see ya destroy Infernon.
Sword

Post by Sword »

Sword - 1'184'350 - Karte - Stage 3 - 40-ish

Decent score attempt: failed. :?
btw. What are we playing next week? There's no poll or anything..
Edge

Post by Edge »

I have the bad feeling that this shmeet is going to die.. :?

So, Ramus / Shatterhand:
If you don't mind, I could also start a next week's poll. :)
Maybe a PM to everyone who have joined the shmeet until now could convince one or two players. I'd write this PM by myself, but my English grammar is not so well. So if one of you two could write a nice invitation and send it to me, I'd send it to all people who have played in the shmeet so far... and everyone who wrote in the poll's but don't participate.

...Maybe I'll try to write that pm myself... ...
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

i always mean to participate, but i always get distracted. also, despite tha fact that its about friendly play, i get intimidated by the fact that i suck at most anything (and i still haven't been able to put away my collection and focus on a couple things).

when the next comp pops up, i am in. scouts honour.
I have no sig whatsoever.
landshark

Post by landshark »

Icarus wrote:Well, if you can complete Axes and Staves on stage1, you're doing something far better than me ^_-
Ok, played a bunch last night (and went insane), and about 1 out of every 8 games I can complete axes. If I can get at least 2-8 of axes in level 1, then I don't reset because the enemies at the beginning of level 2 drop axes.

On a really good run, I have accessories nearly complete as well.

I usually complete food on the level 1 boss if it's not already complete.

Shoes get finished somewhere in level 2.

I cannot work out a way to consistently get anything else in level 2 even though I know the ships drop stalves and the flying enemies that come with the ships drop accessories.

I usually finish stalves on the level 3 miniboss.

The rest of my sets come from the chest monsters in level 4.

I can pretty consistently pull 1 of the secret items from Dratrion, sometimes 2 (the propellers).

I never get the secret items from the level 3 or 4 bosses. It's just to hard to pull off a charge shot and I still don't understand how you get it from the middle of the level 3 boss.

There are a few secret items in the levels that pop up every once in a while, and I'm not sure what triggers them. I'm guessing it has to do with doing a charge shot while having at least 4 bombs.

I'm starting to have alot of fun with this game and I would love to be able to consistently get sets - the game is just so unforgiving.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

landshark wrote:Ok, played a bunch last night (and went insane), and about 1 out of every 8 games I can complete axes. If I can get at least 2-8 of axes in level 1, then I don't reset because the enemies at the beginning of level 2 drop axes.
I think the key to completing Axes in stage1 is to keep tabs on what you pick up from the drills. I think there are about 9 or 10 drills in the stage.

Usually I require finishing the set at the start of stage2.
landshark wrote:On a really good run, I have accessories nearly complete as well.
Haven't worked out how to complete Accessories yet. The flying circular saws after the red dragon at the beginning of the stage, and the missiles the three goblin gunners before Busturtle drop them. I'm usually missing four or five from the set, though.
landshark wrote:I usually complete food on the level 1 boss if it's not already complete.
On my current strategies, I've got these finished before Busturtle. I can do it constantly. I think I need to change my strats a bit though, as it's stopping me from getting the rest of the sets.
landshark wrote:I can pretty consistently pull 1 of the secret items from Dratrion, sometimes 2 (the propellers).
Here's a clip of my better Dratrion attack sequence, where I got both Fairies and the Great Jewel without dying.

Player: Icarus // Dratrion Attack using Miyamoto (DIVX - 12MB)

The trick to getting all the items is to not damage the central section too much. Concentrate all the attacks on the propellors, destroy one as quickly as you can. Once the central section is blown open, destroy the turrets on the wing tips to give yourself breathing room, use the missiles to boost charge power, then attack with the charge shot to destroy the central section and the other propellor.
landshark wrote:I never get the secret items from the level 3 or 4 bosses. It's just to hard to pull off a charge shot and I still don't understand how you get it from the middle of the level 3 boss.
To access the secret item in Dribling's central turret, attack it with a level 8 charge with four bombs in stock. Same with Cypider's abdomen. Not worth the risk though, unless you're very confident against both of them.
Super Laydock

Post by Super Laydock »

DIMAHOO wrote:Are you Great?
Super Laydock wrote:no... I am not so super now I guess :oops: :(
Never played before this week and only have had about 20 runs total.
No excuse though: my score sucks!

Super Laydock - 830,100 - Solo-Bang - 34 - 24 items

Barroom hero!
Bathroom hero!
landshark

Post by landshark »

Icarus wrote: I think the key to completing Axes in stage1 is to keep tabs on what you pick up from the drills. I think there are about 9 or 10 drills in the stage.
I like finishing them in stage 1 because I don't want to waste time on a charge attack on the first wave of level 2 enemies.
Haven't worked out how to complete Accessories yet. The flying circular saws after the red dragon at the beginning of the stage, and the missiles the three goblin gunners before Busturtle drop them. I'm usually missing four or five from the set, though.
That makes 2 of us. I've started writing down what enemies give what. I think I'm going to make some maps.
Icarus wrote:
landshark wrote:I usually complete food on the level 1 boss if it's not already complete.
On my current strategies, I've got these finished before Busturtle. I can do it constantly. I think I need to change my strats a bit though, as it's stopping me from getting the rest of the sets.
What food I get in level 1 up to the boss is pure luck as I'm concentrating on other things. However, it is possible to get food completed withing the first 1/4 of the level. Every so often it happens that I get it in 2 or 3 charge shots right in the beginning.
Icarus wrote:
landshark wrote:I can pretty consistently pull 1 of the secret items from Dratrion, sometimes 2 (the propellers).
Here's a clip of my better Dratrion attack sequence, where I got both Fairies and the Great Jewel without dying.
Yup. Pretty much the same strategy I use, except I use the chick. The trick is getting 1 side done before I bust open the center portion of the boss. I often get caught in the spray that the center shoots when you bust it open and give up on the 2nd propeller. I almost never get the jewel because I just want the boss to die.
landshark wrote:I never get the secret items from the level 3 or 4 bosses. It's just to hard to pull off a charge shot and I still don't understand how you get it from the middle of the level 3 boss.
To access the secret item in Dribling's central turret, attack it with a level 8 charge with four bombs in stock. Same with Cypider's abdomen. Not worth the risk though, unless you're very confident against both of them.
[/quote]

I have a video where the player gets the Dribling jewel right in the beginning. It doesn't seem too risky - I just never have 4 bombs.

I also have a video of a player fighting Infernon, where he is able to weave in and out of the web-trap that it shoots. Ya know the 5 lines it shoots out of each side that move up and down? He moves in between them somehow ... eventually he gets hit and dies but it's amazing. He was using Grimlen.

I can't do crap with Grimlen... sooooo ... slow....

I have a hard time with Miyamoto as well. Damn I love this game.
Valgar

Post by Valgar »

Anyone have a list of what enemies drop what?
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.
COWBOY-RJJ
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Unfortunately, the only decent list we had was lost to the void when Gamespy decided to throw a sissy fit. I can only remember a few things off the top of my head. For stage 1:

Small green tanks (single bullet variety):
- body = SHOES
- turret = FOOD

Small green tanks (rotary bullet variety):
- body = SHOES
- turret = STAFF (?)

Small green tanks (twin bullet variety):
- body = SHOES
- turret = ACCESSORY (?)

Big green tank:
- pretty much (?) on all the turrets and body. I think SHIELD and ARMOR are in there somewhere.

Blue circular discs (start of stage, before red dragon):
- ACCESSORY

Elementals:
- STAFF

Goblin Footsoldiers (like the one roasting a cow):
- FOOD

Drill Turrets:
- AXE

Red and Blue Dragon:
- wings = ARMOR (?)
- body = SHIELD (?)

Goblin Gunner (like the three at the end of stage):
- missiles = SWORD (?)
- body = STAFF (?)

BOSS - Busturtle:
- flame turrets x4 (the ones near the head) = FOOD
- round turrets x2 (also near the head) = FOOD
- big twin turrets x4 = RING
- green kamikaze discs = FOOD
- Busturtle's head = TREASURE (also Secret Item if conditions met)

Secret Items:
- PINWHEEL (kill the middle of the three goblins that appear before the red dragon at the start of the stage, use charge attack with no bomb diamonds in stock)
- FAIRY (attack the drill tail of the boss, Busturtle, with a lv5 charge or higher)
- GREAT JEWEL (destroy Busturtle's head with a lv5 or greater charge attack and at least lv3 Magic and Shot strength)
- (?) (destroy Busturtle's central battery with a charge attack of lv5 or greater)

Some of those I'm not sure on (denoted by (?)), and some are probably wrong. ^_- My record score for stage1 is in the 1.2mil region. You can most definitely get more if you can complete three or more sets by the time Busturtle shows up, my best is still around two full sets (for 3x multiplier).

BTW, you can get lv8 items from the houses if you bomb them. Not recommended though, especially if you want to get the Legendary Sword from the stage2 midboss ^_-
Valgar

Post by Valgar »

Stage 2 midboss is Stealth Dragon? Does that have to be with a Lvl 6+ charge shot?
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.
COWBOY-RJJ
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

The stage2 midboss (Stealth Dragon) has to be destroyed with any, but with four bombs in stock. You'll get the Legendary Sword from it if you get it right (and a regular Sword if not).

I can complete four sets total up to the start of stage3 quite regularly now - Axes, Accessories, Food, Shoes. I got lucky once and completed Armor with one Lv8 charge attack during the second section after the stage2 midboss (probably as I had lv1 and 2 Armor already stocked, the lv8 charge attack giving me lvls 3 through 8 in one go). Staves, Helmets, Swords and Shields I am still missing one of by the start of stage4. I don't bother with Rings and Treasures.

This game, while fun, is very frustrating, and I'm very inconsistent. Grrrr. At least Dribling isn't too much of a problem now, all my deaths are from stupidity in-stage.
landshark

Post by landshark »

It is very very frustrating. I need to take a break from it because of the inconsistantly. I fail to see how anyone can be consistent at this.

What would have made this game magnitudes better is if there was a constant onscreen gauge (like the one between stages) that showed you your items.

Items are so crucial to scoring, and the fact that you have to flip between pages is a god-aweful design flaw. I'd love to smack whoever thought that was a good idea.