Strikers 1945

1up

Post by 1up »

717,500 - 1up - 1-8 - bf-109 - MAME

http://users.cybercity.dk/~dsl203926/st ... 45_1up.JPG

Has taken me forever to finally beat stage 1-6. Cant believe how hard it is compared to 1-7 :x

Got my first extend and died by the crab in space thing ...
Mills

Post by Mills »

the game is relatively simple to complete 1st loop if you play safe with the bombs. no one should have to use bombs beyond stage 1-2. unless your a complete moron. stage 3 onwards becomes tricky.
ktg

Post by ktg »

590,200 - ktg - 1-6 - Spitfire - Saturn
Mills

Post by Mills »

ktg wrote:590,200 - ktg - 1-6 - Spitfire - Saturn
are you getting the bonus train. you should be nearer to 600,000-660,000 at the end of stage 5.
ktg

Post by ktg »

Not yet, I have the general idea of how it works, but i don't know yet exactly which tanks I can shoot at. I've only played about 25 credits over the weekend, mostly just trying to survive and learn the first 4 random stages. I don't even attempt it if the stage comes up as 3 or 4. I'll get around to it, but for now I'd just like to clear the first 3 stages without bombing.
Mills

Post by Mills »

ktg wrote:Not yet, I have the general idea of how it works, but i don't know yet exactly which tanks I can shoot at. I've only played about 25 credits over the weekend, mostly just trying to survive and learn the first 4 random stages. I don't even attempt it if the stage comes up as 3 or 4. I'll get around to it, but for now I'd just like to clear the first 3 stages without bombing.
You can destroy the 2 tanks that give bonus medals but nothing else on screen. this technique only works with Spitfire which helps alot on 2nd loop. tip to successfully do this on first stage is to fly your fighter to the FAR LEFT SIDE OF SCREEN, then shoot the 4 enemy fighters and pick up your power up, then without shooting fly FAR RIGHT CORNER OF SCREEN to hover above the top tree. during the demo screen, try and press start when the game is demoing with Shinden and Zero fighter. it should give you that stage from the start......but not always
Pasta

Post by Pasta »

Pasta - 797,000 - 2-1 - Mustang - Saturn

Mills

Post by Mills »

that score is rather low for first loop. so good going never the less.
landshark

Post by landshark »

My scores for completing the 1st loop were all over the place and I still don't know what I did different between each run. It has to be the gold. I've had runs where I had over 900,000 at the end, but most were in the 8's, with a few in the 7's.

I still find this game difficult.
SiKrAiKeN: While I don't think everyone here -is- a Ninja Turtle, I DO believe everyone here has the potential to be a Ninja Turtle. No doubt.
Mills

Post by Mills »

No way! both Strikers1945-2 and Strikers 1999 have more involving action than the original strikers. 2nd loop on all three titles is another can of worms completely.
Mills

Post by Mills »

I just viewed my 2nd loop super-play.co.uk replay which looks absolutely shite. how do i go about getting that replay removed/deleted of the site?
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
landshark

Post by landshark »

Mills wrote:I just viewed my 2nd loop super-play.co.uk replay which looks absolutely shite. how do i go about getting that replay removed/deleted of the site?
Why would you want to get that removed?
SiKrAiKeN: While I don't think everyone here -is- a Ninja Turtle, I DO believe everyone here has the potential to be a Ninja Turtle. No doubt.
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

landshark wrote:
Mills wrote:I just viewed my 2nd loop super-play.co.uk replay which looks absolutely shite. how do i go about getting that replay removed/deleted of the site?
BECAUSE ITS SUCKS AS HELL, DELETE THAT PLEASE, ITS NOT WORTH WATCHIN AT ALL.
DO BETTER NEXT TIME; YOU FAIL, FAIL,YOU FAILED!
Mills

Post by Mills »

elfhentaifan wrote:
landshark wrote:
BECAUSE ITS SUCKS AS HELL, DELETE THAT PLEASE, ITS NOT WORTH WATCHIN AT ALL.
DO BETTER NEXT TIME; YOU FAIL, FAIL,YOU FAILED!
hes right, the replay sucks. too much camera shake and the resolution and frame rate sucks big time. and now that ive figured out the leeching techinque after watching strikers 1945-2 replay, i can post a better 2nd loop replay.
P_HAT

Post by P_HAT »

Mills wrote:hes right, the replay sucks. too much camera shake and the resolution and frame rate sucks big time. and now that ive figured out the leeching techinque after watching strikers 1945-2 replay, i can post a better 2nd loop replay.
pls do it :)
Vincere

Post by Vincere »

Yes, finally broke the million mark! Remove my old name D-KU VRC and replace it by my normal one please. ;)

4. 1 010 400 - Guwanger - 2-2 - P-38 - Saturn
stuminator

Post by stuminator »

Vincere wrote:Yes, finally broke the million mark!
Gah, you just beat me to it! I've been getting really close the last couple of days but was waiting to post an update until I broke one mil. Guess I've got more incentive now to keep at it. :)
landshark

Post by landshark »

Mills wrote:hes right, the replay sucks. too much camera shake and the resolution and frame rate sucks big time. and now that ive figured out the leeching techinque after watching strikers 1945-2 replay, i can post a better 2nd loop replay.
Nah. Don't delete it until you make a new video. Your video shows boss techniques that I have not seen anywhere else.
Mills

Post by Mills »

landshark wrote:
Nah. Don't delete it until you make a new video. Your video shows boss techniques that I have not seen anywhere else.
Your kidding me right! the replay shows jackshit.
landshark

Post by landshark »

Mills wrote:
landshark wrote:
Hahah - looks damned good to me. I don't point blank any of the bosses in 1945-1, and you were doing circles around them.
Mills

Post by Mills »

landshark wrote:
Mills wrote:
landshark wrote: Nah. Don't delete it until you make a new video. Your video shows boss techniques that I have not seen anywhere else.
Hahah - looks damned good to me. I don't point blank any of the bosses in 1945-1, and you were doing circles around them.
thats nothing to the point-blank techniques im doing nowadays (specifically the final phase of the delta boss) so a better start-to-finish replay is needed
stuminator

Post by stuminator »

Vincere wrote:Yes, finally broke the million mark!
Joining the one million club!

1,001,600 - stuminator - 2-2 - Spitfire - Saturn

Mills

Post by Mills »

Nice. if you get the train stage on 1-2 and the fighter hanger stage on 1-2, you have a very good chance of reaching 1million on stage 1-8. would love to see how the japanese shumpers are squeezing out 1.1-1.3million via stage 1-8.
Mills

Post by Mills »

There is a Youtube demo clip of Strikers1945-2 on the Sony PSP console, unfortuately the player is shite at playing shumps. even though he sets the difficulty to "monkey" level (easiest setting). the imagery is crisp and smooth. if there is a psikyo collection on psp, then ill invest in one.
professor ganson

Post by professor ganson »

That was just emulation, I'm sure. No Psikyo collection, though there is a second-rate hori by Psikyo on the PSP.
Mills

Post by Mills »

professor ganson wrote:That was just emulation, I'm sure. No Psikyo collection, though there is a second-rate hori by Psikyo on the PSP.
hmm, so is there pretty much an emulation for most of the current shumps game makers on PSP (ie Cave, Psikyo, Razing,), and if so how the hell do get hold of one to make psp game converstions? also i literally by chance managed to view some japanese Strikers1945 replays via link from Google video which i viewed a number of 2nd loop replays from japanese shumpers playing on their pc. anyone on this forum who has the in-depth knowledge on acquiring arcade shumps to pc/laptop?
freddiebamboo

Post by freddiebamboo »

Mills wrote:hmm, so is there pretty much an emulation for most of the current shumps game makers on PSP (ie Cave, Psikyo, Razing,), and if so how the hell do get hold of one to make psp game converstions?
This thread has a lot of info on emulating shooters on PSP:

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... t=psp+mame
Mills wrote:Also i literally by chance managed to view some japanese Strikers1945 replays via link from Google video which i viewed a number of 2nd loop replays from japanese shumpers playing on their pc. anyone on this forum who has the in-depth knowledge on acquiring arcade shumps to pc/laptop?
If you need help getting mame to run and how to play back .inp replays just give me a PM and I'll explain everything Mills.
Mills

Post by Mills »

freddiebamboo wrote:
Mills wrote:hmm, so is there pretty much an emulation for most of the current shumps game makers on PSP (ie Cave, Psikyo, Razing,), and if so how the hell do get hold of one to make psp game converstions?
This thread has a lot of info on emulating shooters on PSP:

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... t=psp+mame
Mills wrote:Also i literally by chance managed to view some japanese Strikers1945 replays via link from Google video which i viewed a number of 2nd loop replays from japanese shumpers playing on their pc. anyone on this forum who has the in-depth knowledge on acquiring arcade shumps to pc/laptop?
If you need help getting mame to run and how to play back .inp replays just give me a PM and I'll explain everything Mills.
Awesome!
freddiebamboo

Post by freddiebamboo »

You have a private message Mills :wink: