Batsugun (normal and special edition)!

Randorama

Post by Randorama »

Yeah, type C. Type C just makes stages easier if you learn to handle the two different attacks, the homing streams of the wide (tapping) shot, if you use the autofire, can clean up the screen very quickly. On bosses, it takes more time to take them down but again, if you use autofire (and some point-blanking, it increases even more frequency of shots), you can get quick kills (not as much as Type-b though). Type-b is still the best choice, though :wink:
Chomsky, Buckminster Fuller, Yunus and Glass would have played Battle Garegga, for sure.
DEL

Type C

Post by DEL »

Aah autofire :idea: ! Yes I can imagine Type C with autofire would be good. Unfortunately my current joystick for my supergun doesn't have it. So I'll stick with B and try to master that ST4 red tank method (which I find difficult to survive at the mo).
Due to the difficulty of the ST4 method, I ignored it for my first 4-loop ALL. But now that I've got the ALL out of the way, I'll see what I can do for score.

Cheers,

DEL
DEL

Batsugun Special

Post by DEL »

Ok, I think I get the idea :idea:

Batsugun Special
DEL - 41,439,480 - ST14 - Alteeno (B)

More experimenting to do...
DEL

Batsugun Special

Post by DEL »

Need to concentrate harder on the Stage 4 method :?
Last edited by DEL on Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

i have absolutely no idea how to attack the third (and fourth LOL) loop without wasting all my bombs and lives.some kind of replay would be much appreciated...
oh yeah and congrats DEL! :D
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
DEL

Thanks

Post by DEL »

Hi Plasmo! PM sent. I'm actually really new to this game, its one that never appeared in the London arcades, so it bypassed me - a bit of a sin considering my track record on Toaplan shooters :wink: .

As for 3rd and 4th loop advice - just don't get trapped in the corners, keep cutting back into the middle whenever you can. This is not to say that you should start your sweeps in the bottom middle, sweeping from a corner is fine.
Dodging straight upwards on loop 3 seems to work.
Another tactic might be to stop firing at certain times to reduce bullet sprays on the screen, but I don't do this, I prefer to hit n'hope :D

COWBOY NOA - You really don't need a replay on this, you've got more than enough skills to wipe it out :wink:

Thanks,

DEL
DEL

!

Post by DEL »

Still working on it.
Last edited by DEL on Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Randorama

Post by Randorama »

Eh, not any chances to do anything about that, given the lack of time and hardware (My Saturn is in Italy). At this point though, i demand a 99,999,990 max-out from you :wink:
Chomsky, Buckminster Fuller, Yunus and Glass would have played Battle Garegga, for sure.
DEL

Post by DEL »

Your demand is my command Sir :D
DEL

Ehi Rando!

Post by DEL »

Been away for 3 weeks. First couple of attempts at the Counter Stop were pretty lousy :?
More to follow later on in the week..
Randorama

Post by Randorama »

Welcome back mate, had fun? :wink:

shall i wait for other posts or upload this one? (even if the picture is a bit blurry, you know i'm relatively blind :oops: )
DEL

Post by DEL »

Ehi Rando, yes I had fun.
& Yes please hold fire on the score update. I'll try for the Counter Stop and I expect it'll be quite a stretch, but possible.

You can save your eyes by clicking on the image :wink:

DEL
DEL

85% of WR

Post by DEL »

Batsugun Special PCB - Default
DEL - 85,190,100 - ST14 - Alteeno (B)

The Counter Stop will require some Peter Perfect play. Gotta be on your toes for all four loops. Every life becomes far more precious due to the limited points available.

Rando - This one can be posted, as it'll be an uphill struggle from here.

Regs, DEL
Randorama

Post by Randorama »

:shock: :cry: :wink:

Well, i hope you can pull it off, the goal is near so keep playing, we are all cheering for you! Btw, are you suiciding on the fourth boss? If can manage to bomb only, at least for the first two loops, on said boss, you should be able to nail at least 8 bomb-based tricks before the boss explodes. This basically means that you spend all 7 bombs in stock, die once to refill (and keep the rank low!), and bomb another couple of times if you're lucky (~1.7Mx2). In such a case you should easily max-out, i think...
DEL

Counter Stop

Post by DEL »

In such a case you should easily max-out, i think...
I wish it were that simple :? , but the ST4 method has to be performed to the maximum extent on all 4 loops, coupled with both ST5 methods in order to squeeze the 99,999,990 WR. I figure less than 110,000,000 points are available in total. The ST4 method gets harder & faster on each successive loop, so by the time I reach ST13 I haven't got enough lives to spare to max out the trick. At this point I've had to make a quick 'judgement call' to either perform the ST13 method or wipe out the Boss and scrape another 8mil or so from ST14.
I played one more time tonight and ran out of juice trying to hang with the ST13 trick - 83mil :cry:
I'm still optimistic though...

& Thanks for the encouragement!
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Perhaps it is better to make a note of how much the many scoring tricks are worth, and vary your route according to the loop you are on? It would certainly give you some balance between scoring and surviving. If there is an estimated ~110mil to be had, then maybe you can afford to miss one or two sections to bolster survival rate.

In any rate, you're doing something way out of my league (Batsugun hates me), so you have my encouragement. Go DEL! ^_-
LUNardei

Post by LUNardei »

That's incredible. Go on DEL! :)
zlk

Post by zlk »

Plasmo wrote:i have absolutely no idea how to attack the third (and fourth LOL) loop without wasting all my bombs and lives.some kind of replay would be much appreciated...
oh yeah and congrats DEL! :D
On Share there is a complete max score run by TZW with the B ship. There is also a bonus section with some very neat tricks on it at the end. The player also shows his high score table and he maxed out the score at least 5 times. The file size is about 700m.
DEL

Counter Stop

Post by DEL »

Thanks zlk, Lunardei and Icarus, the TZW replay would no doubt give me the info to get the Counter Stop upon immediate effect. But I've decided against it - I think I'll get a better sense of achievement from working it out myself, playing almost blind without the Japanese inside info.

Icarus - Yes you're right about finding some balance between scoring and survival. There's a bit at the end of the ST4 trick on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th loops where the bullets go MAD two bombs before Boss death. I figure I can afford to cut these out, foregoing a few mil and still get the Counter Stop - It'll save some much needed lives.

Cheers
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

You're a brave fellow, sir. :) Best of luck!
DEL

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGH

Post by DEL »

Many Thanks BulletMagnet.
Of course you know what always happens when Snoopy steals Linus's Comfort Blanket: AAAAAAARRRRGGH!!

There is only one Law in the Universe = SOD'S!

This shows you how tight the Counter Stop is. I made a bomb mistake on ST4 and one on ST11, thereby denying myself the Counter Stop. I Alled it with 3 lives remaining, but of course my scoring opportunities were already gone. Somehow I just knew this was gonna happen, Sod's Law just had to come in :roll:

Now I have to play it again.

Batsugun Special PCB Default No Auto
DEL - 99,907,880 - ALL - Alteeno (B)

Regs, DEL
BulletMagnet

Re: AAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGH

Post by BulletMagnet »

DEL wrote:AAAAAAARRRRGGH!!
I believe the proper term is "AAAAUUUUUGHHH!" ;)

SO close, almost there! You've got that record right where you want it! :D
Smraedis

Post by Smraedis »

Congrats, in advance ;) to DEL!
The Unknown? I'm the one who knows!
My shmup achievements | and my Superplays!
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

How do you do it DEL? You got some mad skills. O_O

Sod's Law is a bastard, really. I've had so many close-to-100mil credits in Ibara Arrange now that it's just not funny any more. -_-;;

Keep going! If you missed two oppurtunities and got that close to a counter stop, then you're on the right track, and need to perfect your route now. ^_- (And record us a replay for good measure, heheh ^_-)
BulletMagnet wrote:I believe the proper term is "AAAAUUUUUGHHH!"
No, "AAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!" is correct, if you Londonise poor Linus's scream of anguish. ^_-
LUNardei

Post by LUNardei »

unbelievable :shock:
I bet a proper counter stop is coming pretty quickly ;)
zlk

Re: AAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGH

Post by zlk »

DEL wrote: This shows you how tight the Counter Stop is. I made a bomb mistake on ST4 and one on ST11, thereby denying myself the Counter Stop.
Maybe.....
DEL wrote: I Alled it with 3 lives remaining
Maybe that was the problem....

All the videos I have seen show the players killing themselves in the leeching spots to get more bombs. Scoring 99m without purposely killing yourself is very impressive DEL. You will probably max out the score within a few days.
ArrogantBastard

Post by ArrogantBastard »

Wow, keep it up, DEL! You're almost there!
DEL

clocking the score

Post by DEL »

Thanks for the words of encouragement ArrogantBastard, zlk, Icarus, LUNardei, Smraedis and Mr BulletMagnet.

zlk wrote;
All the videos I have seen show the players killing themselves in the leeching spots to get more bombs. Scoring 99m without purposely killing yourself is very impressive DEL. You will probably max out the score within a few days.
zlk - Rest assured I am suiciding when I run out of bombs, I just messed up ST4, leaving myself 3mil shy of the usual 1st loop target. This won't happen again.
However, a repeat performance of tonight's credit will still be a stretch. I have to arrive at the 4th loop with a whole heap of lives in order to perform the ST13 & ST14 leeching methods.
DEL

Counter Stop

Post by DEL »

Batsugun Special PCB Default - no auto
DEL - 99,999,990 - Counter Stop ALL - Alteeno (B)

^Click on the photo for larger view.
Randorama

Post by Randorama »

Omg! :shock: :shock: :wink:

Well done indeed, we officially declare the shmups.com hero :wink: